The IBIF Chronicals

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tybalt pat the dog's head again. "Aw, I didn't mean you, buddy...." Tybalt told the beast. Just what it was before it had become... well, like it was. He had no idea if this new breed was intelligent or not but it certainly seemed like it. It could actually understand what he was saying anyway. Tybalt looked back up at H-30 afterwards and then shrugged his shoulders. "We dont know where hell is anyway." Or if it even existed. According to some but not to others. Tybalt wasn't going to get into that, and he waved his hands to push both H-30 and the hound back down towards the cage. "Come on..."

'I'm going. I'm going.' H-30 laughed softly, more amused than annoyed by how Tybalt pushed them both back to the cage. Once he was back in his confinement room, he went into the cage going through the glass, not waiting for Tybalt to open the door for him. The hound tried to follow, and bumped its nose into the glass. It tried again, and made some whining noses as it pressed a paw against the glass. H-30 looked down at it with pity. 'What are you going to do with it?' He asked Tybalt with worry in his face.

Tybalt watched as the dog tried in vain to get into the cage with H-30. He frowned at the dog and then at H-30, scratching the back of his head. "You said he was going to disappear, right? How much longer... do you think it has?" He supposed that his answer on what to do with the hound would all depend on that. He wasn't going to let it get hurt though, so H-30 didn't have to worry.

'I just told you I don't know.' H-30 said as he observed the hound. When he knelt on the floor to examine him closer, the hound moved its tail happily, and licked the glass. 'Look.' H-30 whispered pointing at the animal's left front paw. It wasn't noticeable from afar, but if one looked at it closely, the tip of the claws were disintegrating very slowly in the form of a white, bright dust that quickly disappeared.

'It's noticeable, but it's slow.' He added.

Tybalt looked down where H-30 pointed, and he sighed softly. Poor thing. But it was still so happy anyway. He moved to open the door to let the animal inside with H-30, closing the door afterwards and then sitting down in front of the glass. "I see." He answered. Then it wouldn't take horribly long to disappear... but it wasn't going to happen right away either. He would wait until it did, he supposed.

H-30 sat on the ground when the hound was let in the cage, getting all of his face licked before the hound settled for napping on his lap. He held the hound close to him, since he could feel that pleased the animal, and stroked its back. The hound was disintegrating slowly, but steadily. After a while, it had no legs. Then the tail he moved with so much happiness disappeared too. H-30 knew the process wasn't painful for it, but still felt pity for some reason.

In the end, the only think left of the hound was a small part of its head, only his eye visible. H-30 looked into it, and despite its current situation, he could see happiness in that eye. Just before the eye disappeared too, some tears started falling from it, between H-30's legs and on the glass beneath him. The eye was finally consumed, and H-30 had his gaze fixated on the tears between his legs. 'I'm never going to do that again. I don't know what happened, but be exterminated like that, even if not painful, it isn't...'

He curled up and hugged his legs, pressing his forehead against his knees, careful to not touch the tears. 'I- I just read a whole dictionary and I lack the words to express what I'm feeling.' His voice sounded, inside of Tybalt's head, like he was about to cry. The lights in the room wavered, threatening to turn off, but then went back to normal.

Tybalt waited, watching as H-30 pet the dog until it was gone. It left a bad taste in his mouth eve before H-30 couldn't express how he felt about it. He set his mouth at an odd angle, and it was hard to read what he was thinking or feeling on the subject. He stood up, dusting off his pants, and then looked at H-30 again.

"I'm sorry." He responded. "I... know how you feel." He added with a frown. There were good people upstairs who had been killed by the hell hounds too, but this dog H-30 had made was important too. "I have to go... take care of a few things. I will be back." He looked at the flickering lights that soon turned back on strongly and then looked at H-30 again. "Thank you for helping." If H-30 could help all the time, maybe they didn't have to lose anyone else either...

H-30 nodded when Tybalt thanked him for helping, but didn't reply. He waited for Tybalt to go before moving. He got away from the tears, not wanting to "ruin" them in his opinion, and lied on the floor next to them. He could feel something good in that liquid, and stayed close to it, thinking of the hound that ceased to exist in his arms. Since he first came to the Earth, that was the first time someone had been affectionate to him. And all of his life, the affection was sparse too, and always coming from someone from a different race, never his own. To crave affection... How pathetic, and useless. He surely was a broken specimen.

Tybalt did not come back for nearly two whole days after that. The atmosphere in H-30's room had changed too. The scientists and guards were all uneasy and on edge, although no one spoke a word. There were rumors flying around head quarters, and many people seemed to be split on the issues at hand. Whatever was the matter, it effected everyone, and everyone seemed to be in lower spirits than usual.

When Tybalt did come back, it was not in the manner he usually visited. It was the dead of night, the lights turned off except for the steady lights of the news on the tv and a few computers that sleepy scientists were using. Tybalt did not even show his face. Gerhard was with him too, the two of them hiding in the ceiling in a cramped air duct.... and Tybalt was really hoping that this was going to work out. Gerhard had thought it was the stupidest thing he'd ever heard, but he'd come along anyway. Tybalt was, after all, the brains of the operation between the two of them.

'H-30.' Tybalt attempted to project his thoughts to H-30 as best as he could. 'Don't move, just talk.' He didn't want to arouse suspicion from the guards he knew were in the room below him.

H-30 was lying against one of the cage's walls, his eyes closed, his dictionary near him, and the hounds' tears untouched. He was feeling extremely weak, but not only because of taking part in the battle against the hell hounds. He had grown used to Tybalt visiting regularly, but now he hadn't appeared in two days. The guards and scientists felt constantly uneasy. His dictionary wasn't able to provide him with any more knowledge, and the news in the TVs were particularly depressing. He felt sad, and that was draining him of his energy.

He didn't move when he felt human presences in a place above him, where there never were humans. His mind reached out to those beings, and he recognized Tybalt's familiar presence, and his scary friend's one too.

'Tybalt? What are you doing? It feels from here that you feel uncomfortable.' H-30 spoke inside of Tybalt's mind, not just to follow his instructions, but also because moving would exhaust him even more.

Tybalt glanced at Gerhard in the darkened air duct system and then away again, as if he could see H-30 through the ducts and into the room. Of course, he could not. He was just glad that so far, this was working. He was a little afraid that H-30's ability to read minds and all of that could be limited to sight or something ridiculous.

'Well. Currently I am in a rather uncomfortable air duct, so I suppose you'd be right in that. Thats not really the point though. We... need to get out of here. Quietly and without anyone knowing for at least a little while. We've got one of those fast cars I promised you waiting for us...'

H-30 felt compelled for a moment to ask what an air duct was, but he preferred not to waste energy on what wasn't an essential part of their conversation. 'I thought you had access to an exit when you walked around down here. Or at least a more comfortable exit. Shouldn't you and Scaryman be able to leave through there?' he asked, not including himself in the "we" Tybalt mentioned. After all, Tybalt letting him out was out of the panorama for him. In his eyes, just the fact that Tybalt didn't have him executed for going into the hallways was too much, and that probably hadn't happened only because he helped in battle.

Tybalt rubbed at his eyes, not asking who Scaryman was. 'Er, well, no. WE currently cant access that because, like I said before, we need to get out undetected. Here... is a question. Can you both double yourself and make yourself invisible? Just the real you, not the double.' Tybalt did not realize how worn down H-30 was. How could he, since he couldn't see him anyway? All he knew was that they needed to get out of here. The three of them. And soon.

H-30's bitter laugh resonated inside of Tybalt's mind. 'How easy it would be for me to let myself turn invisible to your eyes right know. I'm constantly pulling myself back to where humans can see me, otherwise they'd thought I escaped and that'd only give me more trouble.' His phrase was followed by a deep sigh. 'I don't know if I can make a replica of myself right now. I'm so... Tired.'

H-30 laughed sadly again. 'You were so eager to know how to kill me before... Congratulations. You're near the end.'

Tybalt refrained from bashing his fist against the bottom of the air duct. He was not in the mood for any of H-30's sorrow-filled woes right in that moment. This was already taking too long. 'H-30 don't you dare give up right now, dammit.' Tybalt managed to convey anger but also concern. 'I need you to make that double and turn yourself invisible right now, and then get yourself up here with me or Gerhard and I will leave you behind!' He wouldn't really leave H-30 behind, but threats like that seemed to work well for people who were still training to be in the organization. It made them push through whatever was keeping them from achieving their goal and make it. Hopefully H-30 would react similarly. 'Don't you want to get out of there?'

'Oh? You were including me?' H-30 finally made sense of Tybalt's confusing attempt at conversation. 'I'll be ready right away.'

H-30 projected an image of himself on the same exact position he was at the moment. Then he let his original self drift into a state where humans couldn't see him, and even farther than that, where the cage's matter couldn't even contain him. It was relaxing to let himself be exactly like he felt. He moved near Tybalt, but even when being next to him, he didn't make himself go into Tybalt's viewing range. 'I'm here. Lead the way.'

Tybalt threw up one hand into the air when H-30 realized he was being included. He had thought he'd made that clear. Apparently not. Tybalt waited impatient, trying not to fidget, and when H-30 said he was there Tybalt frowned a bit and looked around before sighing softly. Fine. He didn't need to see H-30 right then anyway, just so long as he was here. He looked towards Gerhard and made some hand signals before started to crawl through the ducts. They had to be careful. The ducts were filled with traps, and setting one off could mean death for any or all of them. Well, perhaps not H-30. But certainly the two humans.

Luckily, Tybalt knew this ventilation system well. He had blueprints of every IBIF building, and knew most of them from memory. He navigated them through the ducts until finally they managed to get out through a vent in the garage. They had their pick of fast cars here, but Gerhard led them over to a specific one that he'd already packed. Tybalt got into the back even though he'd prefer driving. Gerhard got into the front as Tybalt hunkered down. "Where are you H-30?" He whispered, making sure the alien was in the car before Gerhard left.

H-30 followed the two, wondering why they were taking so long to move forward. It couldn't be that they liked the scenery, since he couldn't feel even one fiber in them being pleased. When they got to the garage, and he saw the man getting inside a strange artefact, he went in too, sitting next to Tybalt.

'I'm right next to you.' He spoke inside of Tybalt's mind. He made himself visible, and allowed himself to be contained by the car. Not having the energy to do anything more, he had his blue jelly appearance. 'Hello Tybalt. Scaryman.' he saluted, suddenly remembering his manners.

"Scaryman?" Gerhard complained before hitting the pedal on the car. He had wanted to take the old, shiny red one but Tybalt had convinced him to take an equally fast, but boring looking car instead. To blend in better.

"His name is Gerhard, H-30." Tybalt answered as Gerhard peeled out of the garage. He did not stop at the gate. Gerhard never did, and so to stop now would raise suspicion. Gerhard did as he normally did, and so far no one seemed to think anything was off. Tybalt made sure that both himself and H-30 were not directly visible to anyone looking at the car. Especially H-30, since he looked like his alien body now. Tybalt managed a small smile and then sighed, slouching further into his seat. "Sorry I couldn't come see you for a while." He apologized to H-30.

'Gerhard?' H-30 repeated, now his voice sounding inside both men's minds. 'Scaryman suits him better.'

He let himself flow to the floor of the car, since Tybalt seemed like he was trying to hide him. Right now, he was a blue pool almost up to Tybalt's knees, his pinkish brain in the blue liquid, and a small tentacle reaching out to Tybalt's hand. 'What happened? I thought you were angry at me for coming out of the cage, but that doesn't seem to be the case.' His voice still resonated in both minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.