The Human and Divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh dear oh dear, this will not do. Another weight has been removed from the scale. Hm, this requires some readjusting." A young man clad in robes stood behind the two sisters. A scale suddenly appeared beside him, and he pulled off a weight from one side, setting the scale lopsided. "It seems this mans death results in another mans great fortune. Now lets see... The lottery isn't for a while... Perhaps a lawsuit? No no, that would disrupt those on the other side, as well. Oh why did this man need to be so wealthy! It threw the whole scale off. I am going to be up all night trying to figure this conundrum out." He began moving weights, from side to side, occasionally using some in the center of the scale to fix the balance. Those were the people who were neither fortunate, nor unfortunate. "Vulgar or not, he was quite the man in the world of industry. With no heir to take the business many will loose their jobs, shifting them to the side of the misfortunate. Oh dear oh dear... Perhaps... Yes, that works just fine." He removed a weight from the center, and replace it with one larger, placing it on the side of the fortunate. "One lucky employee is going to make a fine CEO. I can put things in his favor, but hopefully he is competent. Luck will only go so far."

The twins paused in their steps as a voice disrupted them. Nithya stared over at the god of Balance, mostly since she was being dragged she could see him clearly while Naeve had to turn her head around to look towards him. They both held the same blank expression before Naeve released Nithya, causing death in her true form to stumble into Takao. Naeve smiled happily, her usual cheerful expression back. "The God of Fortune and Balance." She stated, bowing her head slightly as she seemed to cheer up. After all, there was another being who was impartial! "How have you been? I have spoke to no other Gods other than Aiko and Calamity since we left our willing seclusion!~"

Nithya on the other hand just stared before groaning, a pout on her lips as she leaned back onto Takao. The male just stood there, a grin on his lips as he continued to poke the Goddess on her cheek. However she was to tired to retaliate. "Pfft...I knew you would end up like this Hime-sama~" He cooed, causing her to reach up and flick him on the forehead. "I dont like the daytime...yet it is approaching..." She groaned before pausing. "Ah...Takao, You are going to have to attend school with me and Naeve. That is if you want to of course." He paused, raising a brow as he switched the foot he was pressing his weight onto. "Eh? You? Attend school?" She had to nod, turning her gaze away. "Yeah...I have to say it is the worst thing I have ever willingly accepted to do." She added before shrugging. "Hai, Hime-sama~ I'll attend." Takao was only doing it to get a laugh out of Nithya's reactions about the education establishment.

"Oh, Miss Life and Miss Death! Such good it does me to see you two again. It has been quite a while, hasn't it? I am sorry for not speaking with you when I first arrived, but as you very well know, my job comes first. A simple upset in the balance left unkempt would lead to a large economical problem, that would take me weeks at least to fix. Why the last time I slacked it took me a few years to fix that. My what a depression that was. I see why the humans have called it Great. Oh but listen to me ramble on. You are just as busy as I. Go home and rest. If you really are in school then you should get some rest." With that he headed on his way and thought about the two Goddesses. "Hm... School... That does sound rather enjoyable... I should figure out the best way take part in this."

Reactions: RaccoonKing
Zora heard her alarm clock go off, and moved her arm to hit the off button. She slowly opened her eyes, having some trouble at first. She made a yawn and lifted herself to sit on her bed. Sh stretched out her arms then got herself off the bed. She walked over to her closet and got her school uniform on, then fixed up her hair and brushed her teeth. She headed down into the kitchen to make something for breakfast, she knew Aiko would already be out doing something. She almost forgotten that Soul was there, she was going to have to make some extra for him. She cooked some eggs and bacon, then poured herself and him a cup of juice. She set it on the table and took a seat. She began to eat her breakfast.

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
It was a little early, but Kenji rode his bike to Zora's house, parking it inside the walls of the shrine, before heading to the door. He knocked on the door. "Yo Zora, sorry to bother you so early. Just didn't want to head off alone, you know?" Hopefully Aiko was unaware of him. But if she wasn't this could very easily mean that Zora would need to be killed right then.

We shall see...

Zora hears the knock on the door, hearing Kenji's voice. She swallowed the bit that she had and stood up from her seat. She walked to the door and slid it open to see Kenji there. She smiled. "Hey Kenji. I was just eating some breakfast. Would you like to come in then, if you don't want to walk alone?" She asked him nicely. They still had quite a bit of time before school, Zora always liked to get up early.

Kenji walked inside. He was currently behind enemy lines. No telling what could happen. "Thanks, I appreciate it. It sucks being new in town, you now. You don't really know anybody and you have no idea where anything is. I guess that means I will hang around your group a bit more. You are all an intriguing bunch. Especially that Soul guy. Weird name really. Those twins too, but nice, I think." He looked around a bit. He noticed the food on the table, and remembered her saying she was eating. "Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to keep you from your breakfast."

Soul stirred in his bed at the somewhat muffled sound of the alarm. He laid in bed for a moment and opened his eyes. He yawned, sat up, and stretched his arms and fingers. He didn't remember falling asleep. With a quick scan of the room he could see she hadn't arrived yet. So he got up and changed. He then walked out into the main part of the temple and gave a small wave to Zora and Kenji before standing next to Zora. He yawned once more and rubbed the left side of his face with his left hand before sliding the hand back and smoothing it over his hair and letting it fall to his side. His backpack slung over his right shoulder. "Morning Zora, Kenji."

"No, don't worry about it Kenji. I was finished anyway." Zora said to Kenji. "And I would love for you to hang out with us more, we're friends after all. Oh, good morning Soul. There's some breakfast here. Though you look like you're more ready just to go to school instead of eating." She said cheerfully to the two guys with her. She was glad to have friends there. Even though Zora was a kind and friendly person she really didn't know that many people. Most at school found it kind of strange that she lived at the shrine. She enjoyed all the people she got the chance to talk to. "If you're not going to eat, then I guess we can start walking to school."

"I suppose, ope, I forgot one of my notebooks, I'll be right back." Soul walked quickly to the room he had slept in and began looking through the room for the book. He searched under the bed, under the blanket, on the table by the door, the dresser, and the nightstand. He sighed but kept looking quickly.

Aria had barely managed to sleep at all last night. He'd taken Yui home and hurried to his small apartment, then found a letter waiting for him. He tore it open immediately, skimming over it until his eyes found the word "Accepted." He had to blink several times, then reread that sentence. He pulled his phone from his bag and dialed Yui.

"Letter?"
"Yes."
"Accept?"
"Yes. You?"
"Yes!"

Yui was called away, so the conversation (such as it was) ended there and he stored his phone away once more. Aria's eyes devoured the rest of the page. It was really happening. He didn't think it could come at a better time for Yui; with this, she would be safe. Whatever was about to happen--and it was going to be big, that much was undeniable--Yui wouldn't be dragged into it.

He hadn't been able to sit still, to eat, or even to sleep when he laid down in bed. At some point his exhaustion had finally overpowered his giddiness, but he hadn't found more than a few hours of sleep. Even so, when his alarm went off Aria leaped out of bed and flew through his morning preparations. He and Yui had a million things to do now, and the first on his list was to talk to Aiko. He did pause to force a bit of food down, but soon he was out the door with his school bag--and his letter tucked safely inside it.

Aria ran all the way to the shrine. Even so, he found Yui standing at the base of the stairs. Aria was surprised for a moment--he hadn't expected her to come, and especially not for her to be waiting for him--but her next words explained it simply. "I knew you'd tell Aiko-sama first."

"Yeah. Thanks for being with me."

"Of course!" Yui smiled brightly. She was almost as excited about this as Aria was. Really, she never would have done this on her own; but because Aria would be with her, she knew it would turn out well.

Aria took a deep breath and faced the stairs. He firmed up his resolve, grasped Yui's hand, and began the trek upward to see the kami. By the time they were halfway up both Aria and Yui were beginning to giggle. Cresting the top, they broke into a run. Aria tugged the door open and began to speak immediately. "Aiko-sama, remember what I talked to you about last..." His words stopped when he saw Zora and Kenji, but no Aiko. "Oh! Good morning, Kenji! And Zora. I need to talk to Aiko-sama; is she at the altar, maybe?"

Soul stepped out and waved at Yui and Aria. "Morning Yui, Aria." Soul's voice was more friendly when he said Yui's name. He ran his hand through his hair. He also stretched his arms forward afterward. "When does school start, and another question what are the best classes, you see I have to finish signing up for classes today. And Yui, Aria, I apologize for yesterday." Soul's tone changed from somber to a happier tone when he said: "And Zorra, thank you again for letting me stay here." When he finished speaking he was standing beside Zora, to the right specifically.

Zora was surprised to see Aria and Yui come so early in the morning asking for Aiko. "Um, she might be at the alter you can go and see if you'd like." Zora responded to them with a friendly smile as she waited for Soul to come back so that they could all leave for school. Meanwhile, Zora put away the rest of breakfast into the kitchen, cleaning everything up. She headed back into the room just as Soul got there. "Oh, it's no big deal. You're free to stay how ever long you need." She said back. She grabbed hold of her bag so her, Soul and Kenji could go to school.

"Thanks, Zora-chan! See you at school. Bye, Soul."

Aria guided Yui out and toward the smaller building on their left. Soul appearing hadn't been pleasant, and they were already in a hurry, so a hasty retreat was exactly what the situation called for. Aria had to force his shoulders to relax after they exited the main shrine. Then he found Yui's shoulders were tense in his arm--she had tensed up when she felt him tense up.

"Ah, sorry, Yui-chan. Just seeing him put me a bit on edge."

"Mm." Yui understood that, but that didn't make her happy. "I think you're being too hard on Soul-kun. Aiko-sama sees something in him, or else she wouldn't let him stay here."

Aria took a deep breath. Yui, the timid girl, had called him Soul-kun. "Yeah, you're probably right. I hope so, for Zora-chan's sake. Soul-kun is already very close to her; if Aiko-sama is wrong about him..."

"She wasn't wrong about the demon who ran away from home, right?"

Aria couldn't win. He didn't even want to win it anymore. "Right." He pulled Yui closer to him. She leaned her head against his shoulder.

It was a shame the distance between the shrine and the altar to the side wasn't larger; they were there already. "Aiko-sama!" Aria called. "We have some big news regarding that thing I told you about last month!"

Aiko looked up at Yui and Aria who had just came in. She smiled happily at them. "Really? I would love to hear the news you have." She responded to Aria when she heard he had something to tell her. She made a little giggle, she liked seeing people happy and excited.

"Alright, I guess we should head off to school." Zora replied to Soul and Kenji, giving them a smile. She had her book bag on and everything else was put away. "Let's go." She said and began to walk to the door. She slid it open and walked out into the warm sun.

What?! It's just me and Soul with her?! I don't like that... I don't like him!

To be fair I don't like anyone... But him especially. He rubs me the wrong way...

"Sure. Hope Aria and Yui will be ready soon too. I'd hate leave them behind." He followed Zora out the door.Making sure he was between her and Soul. He didn't want anyone else touching, or even getting near his target if he could help it. "So, did I miss out on much after I left? Sorry I had to help my Aunt out."

Soul slowed enough to go around Sora and walk on the other side. Kenji had gotten between him and Zora and he wanted to talk to her. "So, Zora, do the twins join in the walk to school? Or are they already on their own way? Do you know? Sorry for questions." Soul let his hands swing slightly at his sides. His voice was friendly. He kept pace with the two easily, but his mind drifted back to the room. If she appeared and he wasn't around what would happen? Would she try and seek him out, or just go her own way?

Nithya and Naeve awoke with a start, their eyes snapping open as the sliding door was slammed harshly open. One could easily guess that Nithya despised the day and so instantly her pillow had been thrown into the face of Takao. "Hime-sama." She murmured, smiling brightly as he held the pillow between one hand before he tossed it to the ground. "You both need to get up to go to school!~" He cheered, causing a groan and a smile in response from them seperately. Both sat up before motioning the scythe out so they could get dressed.

Around ten minutes later both girls were dressed in their uniforms, the only difference being that Naeve's was neat and proper while Nithya refused to stop it appeared loose upon her form. As they stepped into the kitchen where Takao and Tomo had also changed as the twins picked up two more uniforms. Tomo was a small girl, almost looking as if she belonged in a middle school however it was a few simple tricks to get her also into high school. "Hime-sama, we need to go now." He called over, grabbing a piece of toast which he passed to her before proceeding the drag the goddess who was previously planning to vanish before she was forced to go.

Naeve chuckled softly before looking to Tomo, a soft smile on her features. "Shall we go then too?" Receiving a quiet nod the goddess grabbed her bag since she held her regalia's stuff in their to as she placed it over her shoulder. She stepped out the door, the small blonde haired girl followed. "How was your trip Tomo-chan?" She asked, glancing over towards the girl as they walked behind the the other pair. Tomo hummed, the toast hanging from her lips was quickly followed before shrugging. "It was good. Takao-nii spent a lot of it messing around despite the mission." She mumbled, seeming quite uncaring. "I dont think that is a new thing, Takao has always been like that." She pointed out, causing the regalia to grin slightly.

Last edited:
Zora was confused when she watched the two guys with the way they were walking with her. It seemed Kenji didn't want Soul to be there beside her, but he just moved when that happened. It made her giggle for a little. "You didn't really miss anything Kenji. That's really sweet, helping your Aunt. Oh the twins. Well, I don't really know. Truth is, they just started up school too so I haven't walked with them yet. I don't really know when we'll see then." Zora replied, as they continued their walk to the school.

"You remember the program I told you about? Well, I guess you would remember; you're a kami, so you usually remember everything. But you've lived a long time, so maybe there's too much you have to remember. Er! I don't mean you're old, I just meant that, um, you have a lot of memories, so..." Aria hadn't felt this nervous about a conversation since he was pleading for sanctuary. Relief swept over him as Yui rescued him.

"It's the Exchange Program we applied for, to America. We've both been accepted."

"Right. So, um... We're leaving as soon as the school year ends here. Two weeks. And before then we have to fill out a million more forms, and learn more about the school we're going to, and pack, and still cram for finals here, and..."

"We're going to be busy. Too busy to spend much time with Zora-chan."

Aria heaved a heavy sigh. That was the crux of the matter. He was supposed to stay with Zora--originally so she could keep an eye on him, but now Aria felt like he should help protect her. More important, though, was the need to protect Yui. Yet Aria could not deny that he owed his life to Aiko. "I know you let me apply for this, but right now especially seems like a bad time for me to leave. So if you..."

Status
Not open for further replies.