The Human and Divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tenma was not intimidated by Nithiya. It was meaningless in his eyes. Unfazed by it, he showed no emotion. Her means to justify what she does was intriuging, but at the same time, an excuse. Spiritual platforms formed around his feets as he took a few steps, suspended in the air. Looking to his right, he noticed the vast area where humans were going on with their carefree lives. Tilting his head to the side, he looked at Nithiya from the corner of his eyes. "Your balance is your weakness..." He spoke up, glancing at Naeve for a second.

The God of Calamity did not avert his eyes from the Goddess of Life. "Soon, there will be disaster everywhere.." He stated, before walking down the platforms that were formed like a stair. A strong gust of wind blew from his direction, towards the sisters. It was a razor sharp current, though it averted them both and cut a few trees around their Shrine.

"Your chaos is not needed..." He bluntly denounced.

His gaze shifted towards Nithiya, but he looked over her shoulder. "It looks like you have a guest..." He whispered towards them, letting the Demigod know that his presence was easily detectable. A grin marred his lips before he stopped in his tracks.

"It's your friend, isn't it?" He rhetorically added, standing there. "Why don't you introduce me to him.." He chuckled to the thought of it. This entire predicament was quite interesting.

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Soul didn't care that the third person had seen him, or that the third person seemed to be divine. He simply wanted this man to leave so he could ask his questions and because he seemed to be pestering Nithya and Neave. He approached the three with a leisurely pace before stopping when he stood to the left of the sisters. He stood silently for a moment, letting the sisters speak for he was afraid of what he might say.

Nithya raised a brow, her arms still crossed as she stared at Tenma with a gentle hum. She was not trying to intimidate him, simply to enjoy the banter. Regardless, she was finding his tone slightly irritating, causing a sigh to pass to her lip softly. It was almost as if she was obeying his words, something that only made her anger worse.

Eyes turned to Soul as she groaned in irritation. "Tenma-sama, meet Soul." Regardless of if this calamity irked her she the man had her respect. Few people made her want to have an discussion. "Soul this is Tenma, God of Calamity." Having introduced them both she groaned, turning a dark glare to Soul. "Why have you come here?" She hissed.

Now Naeve, having released the peaceful waves to repel both Tenma and Nithya's energies. "Nithya, do not be rude to guests." She murmured before sighing. Naeve turned to Tenma, eyes narrowed. " I do appreciate such...a warm way to enter...however did it have to be so..painful? She asked rhetorically before she paused.

Naeve turned to Soul, pointing over towards the the sliding doors. "Please head on inside Soul." She asked as she turned to Tenma. "We offer you a place to stay within our shrine, specially since you rile up Nithya's feathers." She added. " That and you are a fellow God "

"Plus until we understand what is going on, Im neutral." Nithya pointed out

Reactions: Akashi
Soul walked to the doors and slid them open, he he walked in. he was not one to mess with the trifles of Life and Death. He did like breathing after all. He sighed and waited. He thought back to what she had said 'God of Calamity,' why that sounded familiar he did not know. He did however recognize the face behind the name. He had seen this man, or rather an after-image of this man when he was very young. On the day his house was set ablaze by his own brother. Why was it that when Soul went for answers he only found more questions. Oh well, "Ce la vie," he said quietly to himself and then laughed slightly at what he said because of where he was.

Tenma shifted his attention towards the visitor who just arrived. It was easy for him to deduce that he was a hybrid. A Human and a God at the same time. A demigod to be precise. "So, this is the Demigod I saw earlier by Aiko's Shrine..." He uttered. His expression did not change, but his presence was pathetic. A God mingled with a Human - In his eyes, that is a disgrace. An insult to the Gods, but, nevertheless, he was also a pawn in his little game.

When Naeve spoke, his gaze diverted towards her. A smile came across his face, before he decided to give a simple respond. "Not neccessarily.. It wasn't" He complied with Naeve, agreeing on what she stated. Seconds later, he descended the stairs and was now on the ground. His eerie aura had withdrawn itself from the area. His presence or his own spiritual energy was now masked, or rather, gone, disappeared into Tenma himself.

Noticing how Naeve offered him a place in their Shrine, he glanced towards her. "That is fine. I am about to take my leave." He declined her kind offer before diverting her eyes towards Nithiya. "To me.. Everything seems to be going just as planned. But, what is it that you don't understand, Nithiya?" He rhetorically asked. Because in his eyes, things are very simple. The Goddess of Love is passing her own divine power to her "adoptive" daughter, whereas some people are not thrilled by that decision, and would see otherwise.

However, in the God of Calamity's eyes, he does differ from them. It would only be to his own benefit if the daugther got the powers, or if she didn't.

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Nithya felt her eyes narrowed at him, her lips stuck in a pout. Why did Naeve have to be polite? Nithya was tempted into knocking the other out so she could start something but she decided against it. "What you are up to obviously! We have to take sides in nearly all things so do not tell me not to get involved." She hissed, her anger seeming to work away at the stoic mask she built up to provide control. "I mean hone-" "Nithya, shush." Red eyes peered over at Naeve before she turned on her. "And you! Stay out of it!" It was so easily to have the twins become hostile to one another, considering all the previous times they allowed destruction to occur when they did. "You should be more respectful though Nithya! You are a God so act like one!" The pair were glaring at one another before a growl tore itself from Nithya's lips, her arms folding over her torso before she looked away.

Sometimes she hated Naeve.

Naeve rolled her eyes before turning to Tenma. "I understand." She murmured, keeping her eyes on Nithya. "But she is correct. Whatever you are planning we will have to take sides in and either prevent it or help it occur. It is our duty." She added, her hands interlocked in front of her as she yawned softly. Nithya was tiring to be around. "However if you do not tell us I will guess that we will still find out your plannings so I wish you the best of luck if it is beneficial." She finished before turning towards the building. "Please excuse me Tenma-sama." She said and motioned for Soul to follow her as she headed inside, through the sliding doors.

The other however kept and eye of Tenma, her eyes locked on him. When Naeve was gone she grinned slightly. "I hope you cause some chaos, I'm getting bored here." Not that she wasn't bored when she was hidden in her realm though. With a gentle shrug she set her eyes upon Soul for a second, raising a brow. She still couldn't pinpoint how exactly he seemed familiar...but she would try to work it out later. "Regardless, if you need something just ask." She paused, humming. Feeling a wave of annoyance she rolled her eyes. "Naeve I will absorb you into myself you know!" She threatened, only to see Naeve stick her head around the door. "I also have the ability to do that to you. Shall we test who wins?" She chimed, causing Nithya to roll her eyes once again. It'd end up with life or death prevailing after all.

Tenma was just observing as both the sisters bickered and quarreled with one another. It was a unique predicament, an interesting sight to see. There wasn't much more for Tenma to do there. Instead, he walked towards the stairs leading down and out from their Shrine. However, he stopped in tracks and listened to what the Goddess of Life uttered. "You interest me.. Naeve.." He responded, tilting his head backwards, gazing at her from the corner of his eyes.

Moments later, she disappeared, following the new visitor, the Demigod. Shifting his gaze towards the scenery before him, he was about to descend the stairs. But, it looked like the sisters weren't done. Nithiya's words were quite ironic. It was almost as if she was contradicting her Divine power. "Nithiya.. Do not test me.." He giggled, though gave her a simple threat. Seconds later, instead of descending, two of his regalias appeared, by his side.

His attention diverted towards them. As one of them whispered in his ears, he turned around. "Well then, may your reasons never collide with mine.." He finished, followed by him disappearing. Both his regalias stood there. A male and a female.

"Heed his words.."

"He will create havoc around the world.."

"For the right purpose"

They both almost spoke in unison, before disappearing, following their master, the God of Calamity.

Nithya just rolled her eyes at the Regalia before shrugging. "What he does is not my problem as long as he does not disrupt the flow of death Regalia." She added before turning on her heels, the kimono shifting as she spun around to head inside, no longer concerned with the god of Calamity. One thing had irked her though, she had definitely grown 'soft' compared to her self many years ago. With a sigh she reached the sliding doors, pulling them open before she stepped inside, pulling it to a close. Taking a seat on the ground the Goddess had taken a seat in a traditional style as she settled her hands upon her lap as left settled neatly under right, in a similar position to her twin next to her.

Both stared with confusion at Soul as Naeve finally spoke. "I welcome you to our shrine Soul-san." She greeted softly, her tone polite before she settled her fingers around a small cup that was placed upon a low table. "May I inquire to why you are here though? A favor? Information?" She asked as she placed a cup before him. Nithya with a small look of confusion picked up her own as she took a sip. She herself wondered why Calamity called him a demi god. The issue was not why but who. She could not imagine someone was foolish enough to allow a demi-god to exist or even be created! Then, even the air around it was strangely and irritatingly familiar.

"I agree, why are you here Soul-kun?" Death asked, cocking her head to one side before she felt Naeve tug at her kimono sleeve. Naeve's eyes were barely upon as she yawned softly. "Takao and Toma are returning later." She reminded the twin, a soft grin at her lips. "I cannot wait to see my dear little Regalia!~" While both had one regalia each, they had been sent off to search for something. It was true that Naeve was fond of the young female regalia who acted as her sword while currently she used a false version. Nithya's infamous scythe, the death scythe was also fake as her real one, Takao was constantly irritating her to no end. However, she was fond of him.

"Information. About someone I've never met. His name is Agnus Wright. He is my father. And you are life and death, everyone meets you, so maybe you could tell me something? Anything. Even telling me you don't know anything would appease me." Soul sat and accepted the drink, sipping it when he finished speaking.

Both paused.

Eyes wide the twins instantly looked to one another in shock before a sorrowful look appeared upon Death's face. Naeve, sympathy falling within her eyes looked over towards Soul as she scratched her cheek. "You...it is a dreadful thing we know about Agnus" She told him, placing her cup down as the air seemed to become colder at Death's anger, at herself or someone else was unknown. "What happened...do you really wish to know? You will resent us later on for this piece of knowledge Soul-san...hate and wish to try and take our lives..." There was a horrid silence present before she sighed, Nithya looked at him with red eyes. "Tell us, do you wish to know? You wish to know why you are what in hell's name you are?"

"Yes I truly do wish to know. I doubt I will resent you. And how could I take the lives of Life and Death incarnate? So please tell me." Soul also sets his glass down, picking up on the instant change in mood. The anger, sadness, and seriousness flooded over him. But he pretended not to notice.

There was a brief moment when the two glanced at one another before Nithya sighed, reaching up to rub her temple. "I understand, I will recall those events for you then." Naeve just nodded, knowing full well she would have to chime in occasionally due to Nithya's annoyance with the memory and her lack of attention on this subject. "During the last phase me and Naeve were in the mortal realm I was far different to I am now in comparison. This was due to the hostility between me and Naeve at the time. So, in my boredom I found amusement in a young human. One you know as Agnus." She paused, biting her lip softly as she crossed her arms over her torso."Back then I was not one to care for mortal lives nor even for what I did. I was a God, so I made a choice not to care for them even taking their lives just to give me something to do..." Trailing off as she glanced to Naeve who sighed softly.

"During this period of time Nithya was increasingly difficult to calm, she was merciless and unpleasantly sadistic in the presence of well...anyone. So when Agnus was able to notice her she was amused and decided to try something that had been on her mind for a while..." Nithya had to close her eyes for a moment before groaning. "I ended up using the reign I have over Chaos to infuse a small amount within him. Of course my expectations were that he was to die painfully and slowly and I doubted he would live. So when he was fighting against it he was able to remain alive a little longer. In a way you could say I left him with powers weaker but similar to mine in the domain of chaos..."

Naeve smiled softly, sorrow in her eyes. "In short, she doubted he would live to reproduce which another which by our current guess is that he did. This is who we are guessing to be your father due to the power that is currently within you. " She pointed out, watching as Nithya froze slightly. "I wont apologize for what I did...I am death and nothing more so what I do is none of your bussiness." Nithya stated, folding her arms tightly around her. "But if you suffered due to his...power...being transferred to you I did not intend for you to be affected by it.."

"Don't apologize. You were simply doing as you saw fit. You are Death and I am not one to trifle with you. Why is it that every time I try for answers I get more questions? What does this make me? And does change how I should view you both? And if so how and to what?" Soul felt the questions, the emotions, the realizations, and the memories building up. He was glad that he was sitting otherwise he might have fallen to his knees. He balled his fists which he had placed on his knees. He was staring at the ground, his white hair concealing his face. He realized the sisters warnings were true. He wanted to scream out at the world. He wanted to just break things. But he couldn't. He had a job to do. And now he was second guessing himself. But he couldn't. He shouldn't. He wouldn't. But not for the reasons he had convinced himself of earlier.

Nithya seemed slightly disturbed. In all honesty she had lived thinking that Agnus died by the presence of untamed chaos within his mortal body, something that made her comfortable. However, that was no longer the case as he lived to have a kid! She was forced to look over at Naeve who simply frowned. It was a odd situation after all. "Nithya, why don't you go and rest, I doubt you can remain awake any longer." She whispered, receiving a small nod from the girl who got up and seemed to almost blur from the room which made her mind race.

Naeve turned to Soul, smiling softly. "Nithya would have done what she did during that time regardless if she knew you would exist. She was different. However, she probably feels uncomfortable now that she can see the consequences." She told him before she fixed her posture, causing the God to stare at him with a serious gaze. "From now we will take you as one of our domain." Naeve murmured before tilting her head, a bright smile on her lips. "And I'm sure if you ask Nithya at a better time she will help you with your powers and so on." Then she decided to answer his questions. "Simply view us in any way you wish. In a way we are almost like ancestors to you in some belief but only through what you gained from your father. You are similar to family to us in some way. As for what you are...your abilities make you similar to a minor God most likely in abilities but you are not a full one due to your birth as a mortal." Was the only explanation she could give.

"Anyway, I am also exhausted and must pick up my Regalia tomorrow. You have full access to this shrine Soul. Stay here if you wish." She told him softly, standing up slowly as she placed her hand upon his head. "Do not worry yourself." That was all she could say before she bowed slightly before heading off to bed.

"Domain, am I property now?" Soul asks the emptiness of the room before tears roll down his face. "Powers? Magic isn't a power it's a learned skill, unless I have divine power. But I'm not supposed to believe in divines. What am I doing. Crying after what I thought would be the most relieving moment of my entire life?" Soul wiped his eyes and stood. He roamed around the shrine for a while. Searching the rooms.

Aiko and Zora watched Soul leave. After him, they were the only ones left in the shrine. Zora walked out of the main room and headed for her bedroom. She slid the door open and went to change. She came out wearing her usual kimono that she would wear while at home. She went back to Aiko and took a seat. It was getting later out, which prompted Aiko to stand up and begin making some food for dinner. She wasn't sure whether anyone would come back, so she did make extra just in case. Once the food was done, she set it down on the table and her and Zora began to eat. They would chat, usually about things that didn't matter just like a normal mother and daughter would do while eating together.

Soul saw that it was getting late so he slid out the front door and began the short trek to Aiko's Shrine. He passed the lake and entered through the front door.

The two girls look at Soul when he came back in. Aiko smiled, "they is some food here for you." She stated to him, then stood up. She was going to go off and work on some things, leaving Zora there to finish up. She walked out of the room. Zora smiled at Soul. "Feel free to take what you want." She added, then went back to finishing her food. When she was done she stood up herself. "I'm going to head to bed." She opened up one of the doors and went off towards her room. She got inside and changed, slipping into her bed and falling asleep quickly.

Soul passed the food up, and instead went to a spare room and crashed on the bed. He didn't fall asleep quickly like he had learned to do. Instead he was kept up by his racing mind and stared at the ceiling. He yawned and sat up, legs crossing. He whispered to himself "I wonder if she could help. One way to find out." Soul was referring to an old 'friend' of his. He had consulted with her before. Maybe she could help this time. Of course, he couldn't send her back to the spirit world this time. Oh well. What have I got to lose? Those were his thoughts before drawing a circle on the ground with chalk. "Signe, I hereby invite you to and grant you permission to enter the human world. And leave the spirit world until a time of your choosing. Or my death." By adding that last bit Soul also gave her permission to come and go from the spirit world as she pleased, as long as he was alive and breathing. He wondered how long it would take this time for her to come. If she came. She might not want help him. Spirits are often fickle.

Despite Naeve having exhausted herself from fixing up their previously inactive shrine, Nithya could not sleep. How could she! The woman had ruined someone destined to be mortal's life! A irritated sigh passed her lips as she got up from her bed, letting the false form slip from her appearance as she took on her real one. The red dress clad with fur linings was settled upon her as she rotated her neck slightly. If she could not sleep despite it being her favourite past time she would go ahead and do some real work. After all, the real death visited a few of the dying and when she did it was always due to a small amount of interest. So, plucking the bracelet that temporarily replaced Naeve's presence she locked it around her wrist before heading out.

Minutes later she stood upon a high roof, her red eyes looking over the dark city as she cocked her head to one side. It was much more peaceful when they slept. The wind pushed the hair from her face, an action that caught a small smile upon her lips. This was will an familiar voice broke her trance. "Eh~ Hime-sama?" It cooed as two arms settled upon the smaller frame of the Goddess, a large smirk upon the male's face. "Enjoying yourself?" Taller than her by a good bit, Takao stood with a cocky smirk as death felt a twitch occur within her brow. "No..I was thinking Baka-Takao." She told him, shrugging his arms from her form as she turned on her heels. "Psh~" The scythe replied before smiling happily, something that still disturbed Nithya. "Me and Imouto just returned, she of course returned to Naeve's side." Nithya nodded slightly. The two had been together a long time and so Tomo and Takao had a sibling relationship. "So, why are you standing out here instead of sleeping as per usual?" He asked, tilting his own head in response before Nithya pointed to a fallen body on the street.

"Working..."

Not waiting for a reply, death fell beside the fallen corpse. Well, it was reaching the death like state anyway. Gently she reached over towards the man's chest, letting the pale limb settle upon his torso before she fell into a silence. She would have to wait till he was actually dead for her to do anything. Well...she could meddle a bit and make it quicker but when Naeve got her she knew full well the elder twin would shout at her somehow for messing with him. She sighed softly, a soft yawn passing her lips before she felt a cold chill travel down her spine as the echoing taps appeared with Judgement's arrival. Clad in the glimmering silver armor she stared down at the kneeling death who turned to glance at her with boredom. "Can you hurry up and judge him? So I can shove him somewhere." The elder rolled her eyes, giving a brief wave to Takao before raising her hand. "Of course little sister" A twitch. Her hand was settled above him as Nithya removed her own.

Life's eyes closed as she made a soft hum, her attention on the faint whispers and flashes that passed through her mind. Naeve had to remain impartial here and it was something she had become increasing good at. Far to in her focused state her lips occasionally slipped, murmuring events in his life that were significant to her current judgement. It was a few minutes before blue eyes were open, barely on that note as she stared down at the lifeless body whose spirit began to escape in silver tendrils. "Underworld. Your sins have damned you." She whispered, shaking her head. "And how disgusting they were. It annoys me that I have to watch such filth personally...Humans are so...irritating.""Disgusting or vulgar would be a better word." Nithya pointed out as she stood up. "Understood then!~ I will send this pig there now."

A hand wrapped itself around his faded neck as she tilted her head, Nithya could only watch as a pained scream left the souls lips, her head lulling back as she yawned. "Hurry up and go...you are one of the few I deal with personally." She added before she felt the flesh upon her hands burn with a searing pain as black flickers sparked around it. The flames appeared with a flourish as they began to consume the souls form, the process only taking a few seconds before it was over. Releasing Takao the weapon reverted to its humanoid form before slim fingers reached up and tugged harshly at the Goddess' cheeks. "Hime-sama~ Aren't you glad I'm back!~" He purred, causing her eyes to narrow. "Not at all!" Of course she didn't mean it...that and her words were not understandable. Naeve just laughed at the pair, mostly her sisters growing anger as she tilted her head. "Why did you decide to come and do your job at this time Nithya?" There was a pause as her cheeks were released, something that caused her to rub her cheeks to try and soothe the dull pain. "Couldn't sleep..." She only got a nod. "Okay, well you are returning now. Oh, next time dont take my bracelet so you can do the job without me." Lips parted to speak a protest but her arm was grabbed as she was dragged along by Naeve, Takao following happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.