The God War

Keep in mind guys that there are probably only like, two dozen people per continent who are both mortal and magically able. The knowledge of magic was lost during the Dark Ages. As far as how magic works, it's like Eragon mixed with Naruto. There are vocal components to spells, as well as some movement ones. Most importantly, it takes effort to use magic repeatedly, similar to fighting normally. Sure, anyone can throw a punch, but only the best could throw a hundred punches without losing quality.
XD Am I accepted? (Sorry I'm a little impatient with these things sometimes o.o)

Sure, so long as Ms. West has some sort of mentor.

Sure, so long as Ms. West has some sort of mentor.
Sure o.o I'll just add that she had found a mentor to properly teach what she'd been studying.

so.... am I accepted or should I edit that bit about blood magic? xD

Yes, sorry Sleepinghat. You're accepted.

Would it be alright if I made an Immortal?

Sure. We could use some Elder Gods too.

When's the actual rp starting? o.o

Pretty soon. Once we've got an Elder, I'll make a bio, then we'll start.

Alright o.o if it comes down to it, I could make an elder character >.<

Let's wait for a bit, there are some people who wanted to make bios.

Yeah, there's that too o.o

Thinking of playing an injured fire goddess who wants to ally with humans to be rid of the immortals so she no longer has to look over her shoulder when going down to the altar after dark to pick up a few light prayers. I'll see if I can get a sheet up before Monday.

Name: Varinius

Appearance:
Anime-boy-with-black-hair-tumblr-1.png

Sexuality: Bisexual, but tends to prefer men

Skills: He concentrated on learning to manipulate lightning energy in multiple different ways. When his powers are activated his veins light up to bright blue color. He's able to manipulate the elctricity around him for larger attacks, but in an emergency he can manipulate his own life energy in order to create a fist of electricity to stab directly through someone's heart. If he's around enough energy he can create a dark lightening storm that can destroy almost anything else around, however he becomes incredibly tired after.

Other: Varinius was one of the first to agree to fight the old gods. He has a disntinct dislike of anyone who tries to control him. He's got a terrible temper, but tends to be fairly calm as long as his buttons aren't pushed. He has a slightly sarcastic, morbid sense of humor.

Last edited:
After re-reading more carefully, I don't think my concept can work. I said "elder god" but I was actually hoping to play one of the puny plain gods that somhow survived the purge in a weakened state and wanders around helping others albeit with her own motives(worship, owed favors, and connections, etc).

Name: Caldra

Appearance: Especially at the beginning of the story, I imagine her as a hunched, hobbling elderly woman of grays and blacks in hair and clothing. Covered in soot and ash, her clothing all singed about the edges yet suitably thick for homelessness in winter. In her crone from, she dresses this way no matter the clime and seems drawn to almost any and every source of flame and when possible, will pause to hold her face or hands to it for warmth. She also is known to keep some sort of container of alcohol nearby which with her decrepit and hobbling manner, might lead some to think her a drunk. Actually she keeps it, as one might guess, for its flammability.

As she absorbs intense heat, she is recharged and may begin to take on a more glamorous and youthful appearance befitting her former station, appearing as a redheaded goddess whose skin may be pale or swarthy depending on her mood and power expenditure. Even if she chooses not to revert to her original form, she still begins to seem more colorful and spry even as a crone.

Sexuality: To her, heat is heat. She does seem to get strangely worked up when experiencing a significant charge from fire magic or the fear/awe/adoration of mortals though.
Skills: She can shapeshift into a small assortment of generic human forms but can not imitate anyone specifically. As a "crippled" fire deity, she has an immunity to fire and actually experiences temporary revitalization effect from human reverence and extreme sources of heat, especially ones she did not create herself. She has a limited ability to cast fire spells and teleport between multiple flames in close proximity to each other but the former quickly depletes her power stores and leaves her that much closer to actually being little more than a fireproof old homeless woman. She also possesses durability and strength belying her frail appearance.
Other:When the immortals mutinied, Caldra met her would be assassins with the full brunt of her explosive temper. And though she knew she could never permanently kill them, she derived a certain sadistic glee from punishing their insolence with scaldings and immolations. She temporarily cremated waves and waves of immortals before they finally overtook her. Defiant to the very end, she triggered an explosion but miraculously found herself millions of miles away, alive but in a body afflicted with weakness such as she'd never known. After re-orienting herself, she began to wnder the Earth, semi-incognito(she plays a risky game of revealing herself to some so that she might feed on their fear and adoration while trying to duck the attention of immortals who might want to finish the job), but now she senses the coming of a worse threat. She may need to resort to the help of even former enemies if possible.

OOC: That's sort of off the cuff the concept I had. Her powers might seem OP, but I think of character powers less in terms of points and more in terms of theme and story. I see her as sort of a helpful-witch-with-suspect-motives archetype.

I imagine her pretending to be a strange old lady with fire magic some of the time and blowing her cover to have petty power trips that get her into trouble the other half.

But I realize now that it would have to contradict the idea that all the non-EG gods to be dead. Maybe a tweak is possible? But I wouldn't worry about it too much. If the character just can't work, that's fine with me too.

Name: Jeppetto

Age: Body apperance (Excluding the hidden face) Seems to be around mid 30s, but has been living for centuries, around 1000 years by now.

Appearance:
silent_hill___pyramid_head_sketch_by_shawnseuferer-d7g1tmz.png

Sexuality: Straight

Skills: Swordsmanship is a mastered skill upon his arts. His wielding abilities are above impressive, wielding a massive, slow-bringing sword. This is his strongest ability, most impressive as he chooses to attain a small amount of skills. His second ability is meelee, or hand to hand combat. This isn't as skilled as his swordsmanship by far, but still results in a fair, average and if not slightly above, skill to adapt to. Along with this, he contains a high pain tolerance, taking massive blows to his body as a minor damage. He has no elemental powers, only skilled in enduring, as well dealing, heavy blows.

Weaknesses: Although he isn't one to master elements, there are a few which effect his battle styles. Energy, for example, flaws him to be paralyzed ofr a moment. Ice freezes his body easily, making his form slow and less focused as his skin is sensitive to his enviornment, a side effect to his massive pain tolerance. And last, but not least, simple allergies. Within a heated day, if any sort of pollen would be nearby, his vision, as well irritations are effected, almost unbearable to him as he finds such things most annoying and sinister to enact upon his being.

Hydra, you're accepted.

Coffeecake, so long as you're not revoking anybody's immortality without their consent, you should be fine. I've imagined that the immortals regret their actions, so nobody should be trying to murder you, particularly hard.

To all, I'll make my bio after the first Elder God. Then we'll start.

Uhm what about mine?