Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
magical, romance, adventure, action, vampire, mythical, heroic, apocalyptic, historical, pirates, superhero, damsel-in-distress
385B3872-B70F-4BA4-ADEC-944F76C3AD6B.png

The God Complex

We've all heard legends, myths, tales of old. Of how gods and goddesses alike ruled our world. Great and wonderful stories to teach us so much about the mindset of our ancestors, and to teach us valuable life lessons and morals. Wonderful stories, but that is it.
Or is it?

What if you were told all that you ever heard of from every religion was true? Not just one of the currently practiced religions. All religions and mythologies. Would you believe me?

Long ago the gods and goddesses ruled in their respective areas and eras. They were worshiped, hated, loved, and feared. But as their eras came to an end, when there was no one left to pray to them, they died.
All that was left behind were their tales, passed off as mere stories and myths full of valuable lessons on how we should, or shouldn't behave.
No one was prepared for the eventuality that one day, many hundreds perhaps even thousands of years later they would be reborn again into the bodies of ordinary humans, right here in the 21st century.

These seemingly ordinary humans walked through their lives as any other. Scattered across the earth they lived and breathed, they were raised and experienced life with every twist and turn, just as it would be for even the most mundane person. Never, not even with a sliver of a doubt did they ever suspect they were special. After all, why would they?

Born into this new world every single memory of their past selves and every shred of power they once possessed was locked away, the key nowhere to be found. That was, until recently.

Something has been stirring deep within the shadows. Forces at play, waiting for each reborn god and goddess to awaken to their memories and powers. But waiting to do what? No one knows.
Yet.
As long as they do not posses their their memories nor their powers they are safe from these prying eyes with mysterious intentions. Perhaps that is for the better. After all, who knows what dangers await them when they do.

Our story starts just before the first of the gods awaken to their powers. Set in the beautiful historical city of Florence a hotel by the name of Miracle Hotel takes our center stage. A gorgeous holiday destination for many, a great job opportunity for others. Tours will be available throughout the city and its surrounding country side. Not much of a traveler? Come and look at the market, or visit the many quaint shops, or be baffled at the mesmerizing art and architecture of this ancient city.

The stage is set, the curtains soon to be drawn on a life changing adventure. Let us see if they all make it out... alive...

This RP will be set in Florence, Italy and the hotel (Miracle Hotel). Your characters could be tourists, employees at the hotel, or even local citizens. You will be playing a human who was born with the power and memories of a single god(dess). At the start of the RP your character(s) won't be aware of this and at a given time they will awaken.

Important!
This RP will be placed within the Red Star section. If you can not access the Red Star section, you will unfortunately not be able to participate.

FAQ:
Can we play multiple characters?
Yes, for now the limit will be 3 per person, as to not flood the RP, but once we get going I will eventually allow for more.​

Does the gender/sex of the god have to match my character's gender/sex?
No, you are allowed to genderbend a god(dess) if you wish. I do ask of people to please not do it too much. A few are fun, if everyone does it, it gets a bit boring.​

So, can my character have ... power?
As long as the power you choose is distinct to your chosen god(dess) then you may use it. Note that the powers are heavily subdued because they are in mortal form. Generic power traits that aren't integral to a god(dess) are not allowed. So for example Venus wouldn't be allowed to have super strength.​
And again, the powers are very weak. An important part of this RP is that they do not stand a chance on their own. They have to work together if they wish to survive.​

I want to play ... but there already is someone with a similar power. Can I still play my choice?
Yes and no. It depends on how many of that particular kind of power are already active, and how diverse the powers are going to be used. In general the limit will be 2 per type of power. For example, if we have a Thor and a Zeus, I will be hesitant to allow another electricity/thunder/lighting type of god(dess) to the mix unless any one of the three ends up being focussed on something other than electricity/thunder/lighting.​

Can I use ... mythology/religion?
I will explain in more detail what the do's and don'ts will be for the mythologies, but to sum it up as simply as possible:​
No currently active religions. A mythology must have died/been abolished in order to be applicable. Revived religious movements (such as Neo-Hellenism) are okay because they needed to be dead/abolished at any given moment in history regardless of their current state of worship. If you are uncertain as to whether or not a mythology is allowed, feel free to ask.​
Also, even if parts of a religion died, but it is still partially practiced it will not be allowed. The mythology has to be dead as a whole.​

You make it sound like they could die? But I thought gods were (nearly) immortal and stuff?
Yes, and that is precisely my intention. These 'gods' are humans, while they have advantages over normal humans, they are still stuck in this body. So yes, death is a real thing that can happen here. (No character will be killed without explicit consent of the writer)​

What if I don't want a character anymore?
If you do not want a character that hasn't awoken yet you can tell me which character and I'll remove them from the list of god(desse)s so it becomes available to play for others. Then you can simply have that character leave, and be forgotten in the background.​
If your character did awaken already then you can opt to kill the character off. I will then place the god(dess) on the deceased list so no one will try and play the same god(dess).​

The god(dess) I want has a major history with sexual content, is that okay?
Within limits. The RP will be placed within the Red Star section, but this will not be a sex focused RP, thus any sexual content will be required to be kept to a minimum. It is allowed to happen, but characters solely focused on the act will be requested to be changed. Venus and other love/sex related god(desse)s will need to be tailored to match the less sexual driven story.​

Where is it set?
The RP is set in modern day Florence, Italy. The entirety of the city is to your disposal throughout the duration of the story. A major part of the story's setting is one particular hotel, the Miracle Hotel set within the city of Florence. More information will be given once the lore page is up.​

We are currently in a pandemic, will that be reflected in the RP?
No. This story takes place as if the pandemic never happened. For multiple reasons. One being I currently don't know the exact situation within Florence to be able to set the stage accurately. Two, there wouldn't be tourists so that limits where our characters can come from. Three, some people have had rather harsh encounters with the current pandemic and RP is meant to give some relief of that, not to remind them of the hardships they have been thrown into because of it. So this is 2021 without Covid-19 unleashed into the world.​

Artwork ©️Parcast

Last edited:
Very much interested in this

Ooooo count me in!

Thank you both for your interest! If you have any questions not already answered or are curious about something, feel free to ask.
I do hope to get a few more people interested in this before we start, and hope to do so soon :)

This sounds interesting. Count me in :)

Are we going with a set pantheon of gods? Like Greek, Egyptian, Celtic, etc. Or is it any deity regardless?

@Equusheart it should be as follows "No currently active religions. A mythology must have died/been abolished in order to be applicable."

So I believe all of the ones you listed are applicable.

Are we going with a set pantheon of gods? Like Greek, Egyptian, Celtic, etc. Or is it any deity regardless?

@Manna Beast is correct on that.

Yes, it will not be from any one single pantheon, it will be from any historical, real, religions/mythologies that at some point died out.
So the Mayan, Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Mesapotamian mythologies, etc: Yes
Hinduism, Celtic, Christian, Shintoism, Paganism, Indigenous, etc: no. As these are currently still actively practiced.

It will be explained in more detail in the lore page once it's up, but rule of thumb is that the mythologie had to be abolished and died at some point in history.
Some religions did get a revival (Neo-Hellenism for example) but the key aspect is that they had to have been considered dead at some point, regardless of what it's doing today.

I know there are a few tricky ones, like the Celtic, as some consider it dead, but others don't as it got assimilated/morphed into other forms of paganism for a period of time before breaking loose and being its own thing again. For this reason I decided to play it safe and exclude the Celtic one, and other similar ones that are too vague to say whether they actually really fully died.
And for the story it shouldn't make a difference as there are plenty of others to keep the story going haha

Last edited:
Would a new God be permitted? Something like technological God.
(For example) everyone now days are glued to there phones and electronics etc. Its like a form of worship right?

Interesting question, alas, no.
This premise is purely based on gods that have died and thus reborn. If we take the definition of what a religion/mythology is rather loosely, the worship of tech is an active one, so will not be playable. Just like God or Shiva or Amaterasu, they are actively being worshiped, and thus never died.
Again, the mythology needs to have died in order for the god to be used within this RP.

Shucks, Well count me in anyway (if you still have room) was looking to get my god fix anyway

(Thinking about Anubis and going with a hotel attendant)

Last edited:
Luckily there are many many mythologies to choose from 🙂
Of course if you had been looking for a tech savvy kind of character, that is most certainly welcome. The human's own self does not need to be a copy of the reborn god.
For example: In a variant of the RP long ago, someone took a war god, but made the human he was reborn as a peace loving hippie. A very amusing combination with lots of potential.

What I'm trying to say is, you can create a character however you wish. Heck off the top of my head I could imagine Hephaestus being reborn as an engineer or developer working in Silicon Valley or some such thing. You know, similar, but different.

Yo! Got room for another? This seems pretty interesting

Reactions: Manna Beast
Can we choose already or do we have to wait?

I think Olissa is waiting until she has a defined idea of how many will partake before opening that of the CS and the actual OoC thread, @Equusheart but it's looking pretty decent for traction. So might not be a bad idea to determine whom you are thinking of snagging :3

Yeah I intend to start the ooc for it in a bit, just need to finalize some lore stuff. So you are welcome to think (or state) which one(s) you'd like to play.
This also gives you a greater chance of actually obtaining said god(dess) if you've got it sorted and stated ahead of time.
(If you'd rather keep it private for now or want to run it by me without dumping it here, you're welcome to send a PM as well :) )

For example, I shall be snagging up the role of Persephone, as well as Despoina.

Last edited:
Oh darn, I was eyeing Persephone too lol. But if she was taken I was also hoping to snag Bastet or Pele, though I don't know if the Hawaiian pantheon is a dead one.

The Hawaiian religion is still an actively practiced one. It was forbidden to be practiced at some point, but it continued in secret. Thus I can not allow it.
Bastet would be an interesting one to see.

A note for everyone; from my knowledge Greek and Egyptian are usually the ones most people go for (not condemning, simply noting as I have done the same 😉) but do feel free to look beyond that too. Babylonian, Mesopotamian, Roman, Norse, Mayan. To name a few.

Reactions: Equusheart
Lol we'll see Olissa broke out the other ideas of God(dess)'s; I'll put this out now. I was Staking claim on Sol; from the roman

Reactions: Olissa
I CLAIM NYX AND FREYA!

I mean please?