The Girl, the Yokai, and the Promise

Yukina let out a sarcastic laugh when he told her the truth. "Seriously? You have been sleeping in my ally? And you didn't tell me?" she squeezed his hand in hers, "Why didn't you tell me?" She looked up at him. Why would he lie to her? Out of all the things to not tell her, this was what he was keeping quiet about. She rubbed her face with her free hand. "You're not a dog.....You should have told me." she said, looking away. Well, now she felt even more like crap. She was being selfish in thinking that he would just protect her without him sacrificing something else. Did he not want to stay with her? If he asked, she would have said yes. The least she could do was house him while he is taking care of her. She really wasn't sure what to say to him......

Kazuma sighed, turning his attention away from her and looked over at a random object. "I don't see what the big deal is, it's just an alley." He replied but look back at her when she squeezed his hand. "I didn't need you worrying or blaming yourself because of where I was sleeping." There was enough on her plate as is and hadn't wanted to add more. As she rubbed her face, the wolf simply frowned a bit. "I'm an Okami, not much of a difference." He replied, feeling bad that she wouldn't look at him now. Then he had an idea, raising her hand again, he kissed the back of it before taking a step towards her and leaned forward; pressing his lips against her cheek. "Thank you for worry, it means a lot Yuki. And who knows, if you're lucky, maybe the next place I kiss isn't your hand or cheek." The wolf teasingly whispered into her ear before letting go of her hand and started walking. "Come along, wouldn't want you to be late to school."

Yukina's face burned with the touch of his lips on her cheek. She knew what he was doing. He was trying to distract her from the problem by getting her flustered. Sadly, it worked and she was to worked up to say anything back. She growled at him as he moved away. This conversation wasn't over, but he had a point. She still needed to stop at the store to pick up something for lunch. She could wait until lunch time, but the rush was terrible and by the time she would get her food, it would be time to go back to class. She waved him off. "You go ahead. I have to pick up some food for lunch since I didn't make any this morning." she said. She started walk the same way he was going.....

Hearing the growl, Kazuma's shoulders would hunch and slouch as he quietly snickered to himself. It seemed his little attempt to mess her up and distract her had worked wonders. Which made him wonder how she would have acted if he had kissed her lips instead; stealing her first. The thought of it made him smirk but quickly dismiss the idea, Yukina would beat the crap out of him if he tried something like that without her permission or go ahead. Hearing her response, his smile faded and he glanced back at her with a curious look. "I think I'll accompany you this time, I'd rather...not have something like yesterday happen to you again because of my idiocy." He explained. With that, the wolf slowed do so he could once again walk along side her.

Yukina rolled her eyes at him when he blamed himself for her being attacked. "It wasn't your fault, you know? They are going to come for me no matter what you do." she said catching up to him. "It's kind of the whole thing with being the purest soul. If it's anyone's fault it's mine for existing. And well, there is nothing we can do about that." She clasped her hands in front of her as she walked. "So you can't blame yourself for every time I get attacked. You are one person after all....Especially since I don't think it's the last time we will see her" She lowered her head. It gave her chills just thinking that they would have to face her again.......

"I believe it is, I should have been with you on your way home. Then they would have had to go through me, and I could have stopped them from getting in your head." Kazuma replied, his voice a bit shaky until it hardened up a little and returned to normal. Then upon hearing what she said next about being at fault for being born, he turned around and dropped his briefcase, taking ahold of her shoulders and pressing her up against the nearest wall. The wolf looked in her eyes, hearing the others things she said and knew it would be the last time they would see that female yokai; it was painstankingly hinted. Then he moved a hand in order to lift her head and look at him, "Don't ever think that way about your existance..." He trailed off, lowering his face into the crook of her neck as his body trembled lightly. "I don't know where'd I be..or even alive..if I hadn't met you."

Kazuma scared her a little when he pushed her against the wall. The fear in his eyes were worst than her though. She blushed again when he lowered hiss head to her neck. She should have known better to say that. She raised her hand and petted the back of head. He wasn't the only one that was thankful for the other to be alive. He was her first and only friend. "Don't worry, I am too stubborn to let something so silly bug me." Instinctively, she kissed his ear and nuzzled him. Realizing what she did, she buried her face in his neck, the heat building in her face. "Now, who is making us late to school." she joked, hoping to lighten the mood.

Feeling her move and then something touching the back of his, stroking it, had him calm down a little as the wolf listened. He knew he probably scared her at first, but Kazuma couldn't help it, it made him mad, scared, and sad that Yukina had said something like that. She was essentially his first and best friend, he never had the time to interact with those around his age because of his studies while at home. Hearing what she said next along with feeling something soft against his ear and the sensation of being nuzzled caused his face to flare up as a dark red blush. "Yeah...sorry.." Kazuma mumbled but it was evident he really didn't want to pull away. Finally, he did and gently wrapped his index finger around hers; having a dark blush and smile on his face. "Let's go, you still need to pick up something for lunch."

Yukina fought back a smile when he saw his face. Was he blushing? That's adorable. It was what he got for making her blush all the time. She ignored the fact that she too was blushing, but it didn't matter anymore. She wrapped her finger around his, hooking the two together. She pulled away from him, making sure the two still stayed connect. She decided, that if he really wanted to, he could hold her hand. She wouldn't fight it. It was her way of apologizing for saying something so dumb. "Alright, lets go." she said. As they went, Yukina hummed a little. She was feeling a little better now, though she still use the nap in class she was planning. They made it to the store, which was down the street from the school. It was just a little snack bar that sold both hot meals for sit in and snacks and portable food for to-go. She grabbed a few steamed buns varying in flavor. "Did you want something from here?" she said. She forgot that Kazuma was in his suit and if anyone saw her holding hands with him, picking out food, she might get in trouble.....

((I say let her get into trouble.....))

((Aye sir!))

Kazuma was surprised when he felt Yukina's finger go around his and hook the two together, he would have thought she'd pull away or be angry with him. But he was happy that instead of doing what he imagined her to do she did the complete opposite, it gave him the feeling the breaking through to her was going to be possible. When she pulled away and started to walk, the yokai followed her, not grabbing his briefcase seeing how it would just reappear when he wanted it. So his free hand was stuffed into their pocket as they went, "Right." He replied. As she hummed, Kazuma would listen to her and glance in her direction ever so often since it seemed she seemed in better spirits now. Seeing how close they were from the school didn't faze him, none of the students or faculty members would recognize him until he was actually on the property and acting like a student, but he had forgotten to put his cover back up after changing into his suit. When she asked him if he wanted something, the wolf picked up a lemon bread then looked at her. "I'll pay.." Just as he said that, a deep voice could be heard behind them.

"What do you think you two are doing, holding hands with someone not close to your age?!" The voice demanded, seeming irritated from the sight before them

Already, it could be seen that Kazuma was coming up with some elaborate excuse and reasoning for this, there was no way he'd let someone have the upper hand in an confortation.

Yukina jerked away when the man yelled at them. She pulled her hand out of his and pulled it to her chest. "I....uh...." she said, glancing up at Kazuma. This was the reason that she was afraid to show affection in public. Another thing she thought was, did Kazuma seem that much younger than her? She was almost eighteen. He couldn't be that much older. It didn't really matter now because she needed to find a way out of it. "I......we are.....I..." she stuttered. She was really bad at coming up with stuff. She didn't want to be too harsh about it, but at the same time, how could she explain this.....

When Yukina pulled her hand away from her, his upper lip started to curl up in a growl directed towards the man but he quickly snuffed out his temper. He didn't need to make it any worse or complicated for Yukina, so he turned around with a small smile but his steps were cautious and filled with hesitation. That caused the person who yelled at them to look at Kazuma in an confused manner as the wolf smiled softly. Then he slowly reached over and placed a hand on Yukina's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "What she is trying to say is that she's helping me around." The person had an even more confused look down. "I'm blind so she's acting as my eyes." Kazuma explained calmly.

"You don't seem blind!" The man pointed a finger accusingly at Kazuma with a sneer. Which caused the wolf to chuckle softly.

"Would you like to punch me and see?" No person in their right mind would allow another to punch him without blinking or attempting to avoid it. The man simply clenched his hand into a fist then pulled back before striking out and hitting Kazuma in the jaw. The yokai didn't do so much as blinked when the fist collided with his face. "See?" The man's eyes widened as he pulled his fist back and apologetically bowed.

"M-my apologizes, please, the food is on the house."

Yukina's eye widened and her hands flew up to her face when the man punched him in the face. She knew that he wasn't going to be to hurt by it, since he was a store clerk and Kazuma was an all powerful yokai. She picked up her food as well as his, put it in her bag, and grabbed his hand. "Come on." she said, pulling him out. When they were out and a bit down the street, she pulled him around. "That was your plan? To have the man punch you in the face so prove you are blind. What if he actually called your bluff? What if he actually hurt you?" she said. She wasn't as mad as she probably should have been. She was just glad they were out of there and it was dealt with. Still, that was the most ridiculous plan she had ever seen....

Kazuma chuckled, raising a hand to rub the side of his jaw where the fist had connected before waving his hand at the man. "No-no, it's quite alright. I'm more durable then I look." He reassured the man with a friendly grin, but the cashier still seemed sad about it and just nodded; ashamed of his actions. When Yukina took his head and started to pull him, he simply nodded and followed after her; still with a grin. Stopping and being turned to face her, he simply nodded his head. "Yes, that was my plan. Then I would have come up with a better way to prove it, and a normal human can't hurt a yokai silly." He stated. Then Kazuma raised her hand that was still holding it and kissed the back of it with a soft gaze into her eyes. "I'd do anything for you..." Then he lowered the hand, "Though it seems you didn't like being seen with me."

Yukina sighed. "Yeah, I know. But still..." she said rubbing her face with her hand. "And no, it not that I don't want to be seen with you.....it's just....." She hesitated. It was sort of true that she didn't want to be seen with him, but not for the reason he probably thought. She looked down at the hand he was still holding. "You saw how he reacted. If the people at school saw you and me....." she said, looking away, her face becoming a little pink. "It's complicated.....you know that..." She used her free hand to rub her other arm. Damn, she was getting more confused as the days pasted. Not to long ago, she had pulled away from his touch and curse him. And now she is sitting here, letting him give her kisses on the hand. She needed to get her head straight.....

Kazuma straightened himself up, and glanced down at their combined hands before letting it go and placing it back into his pocket. He could easily see the hesitation in her body language along with it in her voice. "Yeah..." He wasn't too enthusiastic about her excuse she was trying to come up with. "It was because you were in a school uniform and I was in a suit, it looked off. If we were in normal clothes then no one would likely bat an eye, then if so you could have informed then you were eighteen." He told her, his voice a little hoarse until he cleared it. "As for the students and teachers at the school, they wouldn't notice me until I'm inside the school and acting like a teacher." Kazuma stated. Then he took a few steps away from her and a frown could be seen as he started walking. "I'll walk ahead so no one else has any ideas." Moving his glasses onto his face and now holding his briefcase with one hand and the other holding a book, the yokai started for the school. "I don't want to ruin your life."

Yukina reached out him, "No, that's not...." she said trying to come up with something, but he was already gone. "Damn it." she hissed. Her bad mood was back. She hates this, she really did. She was playing him. She knew she was. He was openly giving her his heart. She should shoot him down. Tell him no and to stop. But she keeps letting him. What was wrong with her? Why did it feel so safe and comforting when he held her? She placed her hand on her face and sighed, "I am so sorry, Kazuma. I am such an idiot." she said, and started up behind him.

She made her way into the school, taking her time. Kazuma was mad at her and she didn't know what to say to him. She changed her shoes and headed to the classroom. She didn't even look up at the teacher's podium when she walked in. Instead, she went to her seat and sat down. She crossed her arms and put her head down. Maybe if she feel asleep now, he wouldn't bother waking her up........

'Master must not take heart, master strong, very strong, yes. Master strongest there is, do not let words and actions hurt, power through and win.' The wind came to speak with him, a childlike voice that whispered in his ear as he continued along, absentmindedly looking at his book. Kazuma sighed, he knew what he was getting himself into but it still hurt whether he was ready for it or not. Maybe he had been better to find someone else but that was impossible for him, Yukina was the one he loved and wanted. Before the winds could say anything else, they had arrived at the school and he dismissed them.

After changing into a different pair of shoes, he made his way to the classroom and placed his briefcase by the desk while closing his book. Smiling and waving to a few of the students that entered and saw him. Once everyone was in and seated, he placed his book down on the desk and looked at everyone. "Judging from what I read on the4 assessments, the three main types of yokai you want to learn about first are; Onis, Kitsunes, and Okamis. Since it seemed they all had an equal number of votes, I want one person from each side to give me their best reason on my we should start with their pick."

Yukina half listened to Kazuma as he started his lesson. She wanted to learn more about Okamis, being that he was one of them, but would never opening admit to it. A few students whispered to each other, exchanging their answers. Soon three student stood up.

"I would like to learn about Onis because they are big and scary sounding and I think that sounds pretty cool!" shouted one male student. He sat down as an girl got ready to speak.

"I want to learn about Kistunes because I think foxes are adorable!" she said, gleefully. When she sat down, another boy got ready to speak. He was absent the other day, but still had an opinion.

"I want to learn about Okamis because there isn't many ledgens about them and I heard that they live in the mountains behind the shrine." he said, with a smile, glancing back at Yukina. She half way into dreamland, so she could careless what the boy said. He sat down and all the students waited patiently until their teacher decided what to teach.......

As the students whispered to themselves to likely pick who would talk and for what, Kazuma busied himself with noting a few things in his lesson planner. This would likely be an eventful lesson since all three species were something he knew about, seeing how he was one of them and allied with the other two; the leader of the Onis being a close friend of his. Once he heard three different bodies raise up, he placed down his pencil and gave each one his full attention as they spoke and gave him their reason why. The reason for the Onis brought a small smile to his face, the reasoning for Kitsunes almost caused him to chuckle, causing the girls in the classroom to squeal at seeing their teacher's reaction, and the reasoning for Okami brought a grin to his face and also a nod. "After hearing your reasons for wanting what you do, I've decided we'll go with this young man's suggestion." Kazuma gestured towards the young man who had brought up the Okami and looked at Yukina. "It is true, there are not many legends about Okamis because they tend to stay away from humans, and only show themselves to special people. Regarding about them living behind that shrine, it could very well be true because they are depicted as one of the very few yokai who like humans and even protect them, they could even be acing as the shrine's protectors. Maybe we'll have to take a field trip to the shrine and ask its caretaker about that topic."