The Ghost in Apartment 7b

Florence peered down at him, and softly said, "You can sleep if you want I'm ok up here. I'll still be here in the morning."

After entering the apartment he had gone strait to the couch and sat on it with crossed arms. "Maybe that would be best." he had ruined a perfectly good moment and not she was irritated, he could tell. Nothing he could say would make it better so it was better not to say anything, expect for what he wanted more than anything right now.

"If you're not too angry with me would you want to... join me, I shouldn't have freaked.. just try to warn me next time ok?"

Florence looked at him, and nodded. "Ok. I'm sorry." She floated down and sat beside him. "I should have just warned you about it before. I lost control of myself for a moment."

"Well its silly thing to be mad about." he pointed out as he pulled his shoe. then his other followed by his socks. "I've never lived with anyone before well no one I was dating." it was a confession of sorts "So..." he geld out his hand to her a nervous smile twitching on his lips. "What do you want to do tonight? Anything, name it. I promise I won't say no or weird out."

Florence smiled, and shrugged. "I've never really shared with anyone before either." She then thought about his question, and her cheeks blushed a bit. "Do you know how to play chess?" She was a chess nerd, but hadn't played it in years.

She tilted her head at him, and quietly said, "You don't have to play if you don't want to." She stared downwards, feeling like an idiot.

"I don't have a chess set." he said finally. "I..." he looked away, he had meant something entirely different and now the mood had changed. The day was going far from smoothly but even though there was the creeping feeling of weariness in the back of his mind. She always sat up ther out of his reach, which was understandable since she hardly knew him, or maybe she did, she had been in his body after all, maybe she had seen his thoughts.

He yawned and stood to get himself a glass of water, the sugar of the soda not what he needed before bed. "I would give anything to know what your time was like." he said finally. "But I should show you what this one is like before you try and make comparisons..." How would you like to come with me to class tomorrow?

Her eyes widened and lit up. "I would love to - but I don't know if I could materialise my whole body yet...." Florence brushed her light hair out of her face and gazed at him. "Or I could try to turn invisible....."

"Its either that or you go inside me, or inside something else like a cat or something, I'm not even sure you can do that. But if you can do that." he was moving through to the bathroom to through the bedroom as he spoke, though he was sure Florence could hear him. Then he was grabbing his toothbrush and getting to work brushing his teeth. "You can come in to talk." he mentioned "I'm not undressed."

After that where was only the sound of bristles on enamel as he bent over the sink to clean his teeth.

Flo leaned her chin on the back of the sofa, and just watched him. "I could try being invisible. I don't much like being a cat - horrible creatures." She made a face - Florence Martinez was not a cat person! She leaned her head on her arms. "I'm ok here." She smiled into the bathroom at him, and tried to remember the last time she had ever cleaned her teeth.... not since she was human.