The Four Kingdoms: The Arrival of the Desert Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necropolis had moved ahead of Drake and walked normally through the long corridor, finally beginning to see a light. Necropolis moved on this, preparing himself, but lowered his guard as this room was different; more circular, and in the middle of the room is what looked like a giant birdcage. It becomes apparent that another torch was the source of their light, which also illuminated the pedestal. The pedestal reads:
"I'm impressed, not many people make it through the speed challenge, but now it is time for the test of strength.. Once you are ready, read this poem... "Inner strength can be the outcome of adversity." Good luck again, and I hope you can make it to the next challenge, and my favorite.
Yours Truly, The Sign Maker~"
Necropolis turns and decides to wait for everyone to recover their breath before asking everyone if they wanted to stop for something to eat or if they wanted to rest for a bit. Honestly, Necropolis couldnot get tired, but he could use too much magic powerand have to recuperate, which he never does.

Malace wasted no time utilizing her shapeshfiting magic to increase her agility. Taking on the aspect of a cat she improved her speed and dexterity to traverse most of the obstacles, showing startling grace and acrobatics for an orcish woman in full plate. Not that it wasn't tiring: the biggest obstacles was everyone else. There simply wasn't enough room for everyone to run alongside each other. Malace simply chose to go ahead of everyone and hope they make it. Which they did, just without her help.

Once everyone was up top they proceeded into a dark corridor. Not so dark that Malace couldn't see, but she knew that this darkness was suppose to unnerve them and hide creatures within. Drawing her Bow Staff the orc got herself ready for a confrontation, hiding in the darkness so that any creature foolish enough to attack them would suffer from her arrows.

Soon enough they arrived to a circular room containing a large bird cage. She read the poem in her head, and figured this puzzle involved some sort of philosophical nonsense. Fighting their inner shadow perhaps? Using their willpower to overcome illusions or nightmares? Simply being quizzed about their personality? The orc scoffed. "Whatever. Let's just finish this already."

Necropolis nods and looks forward to the the cage, speaking the phrase. The room brightens to reveal a platform held up by a single pillar. There was a light bridge connected to the platform that lead onto the platform. On top of the pillar was a large stone golem that spoke as soon as the phrase was uttered. Greetings to you, stranger. To continue, you must beat me in the test of strength by pushing me off the platform into the pit below. If you fail, you will be sent back to the very first challenge and have to begin again. The golem smiles with malicious intent before smashing his fist into the palm of his hand with a large crack. I recommend that you choose your strongest member. Drake frowns and turns to the others before turning to the others. Can I take this one guys, please!? Necropolis turns to the others, not caring to be the one in charge this time.

Eva looks around reluctantly. "Have at it." She says, folding her arms across her chest and leaning against the stone wall. It is no secret that Eva is one of the weaker members in the group. She is half human after all, and even if she did have a chance at this, there was no guarantee of her victory. Although, what she lacked in strength, she made up for in speed, but she didn't think that would help her situation here.

"Good luck." She whispers, as she watches him walk onto the bridge. As she looked ahead, she eyed the golem. There was something that seemed rather odd about the thing, but she ignored it and watched intently as they began.

Drake smiles happily, and without waiting for a second opinion, rushes toward the platform. Once he is on, the light bridge disappears, making sure nobody else could get on. The golem moves towards the middle, and Drake does the same, with a confident smirk on his face. They shake hands before the golem begins to push on both of Drake's hands, immediately pushing him close to the edge, where Drake stops himself. If that's all you've got, maybe you aren't drinking enough! Drake begins to push back, and he manages to get back to the middle before the golem catches himself. Drake pushes harder, but it doesn't do any good. The golem begins to push slowly this time, and Drake is soon on the edge again, and still going. He growls before closing his eyes and saying I am getting bored here, so I'm just going to end this here. Drake was right at the edge before sidestepping and tripping the golem. At first, it almost regains balance and stays in the ring, but Drake pushes him from behind and he tumbles down like a pillar, falling apart as he plummeted. The light bridge re-appears, followed by a second, which leads to the next stage. Necropolis smirks and steps forward, and was surprised to find that his footsteps did not freeze the bridge like with a normal one. Rock skeptically approached Drake and whispered something, but Drake shakes his head, so Rock continues without suspicion.
The next room was just a giant box full of mirrors that reflected everyone, and as usual, there was a single pedestal lit by a single torch. This pedistal reads: "Well well well! This is a surprise. You seem to possess strength, speed, and smarts, but do you have a strong will? If not, turn back now. If you were accompanied up to this point, you won't be getting help from your accomplices on this challenge. To begin, speak this spoken quote: When your will is broken, so too, are your mind, body, and soul. There are three paths to choose from, so choose wisely. One takes you past the last stage, one lets you start this challenge over, and one sends you back to the beginning. Good luck, from yours truly, The Sign Maker~" Necropolis sighs and does not wait this time as he speaks. Once he does, nothing seems to change, but when he turns around, everyone is gone. The same happens for Rock and Drake, and it even happens to Malace and Evangeline. (Each person is faced by three things: Their worst fear, their utmost desire, and the exit, which we can all assume, leads back to the beginning.)

Drake
Drake looks around, and is already nervous as everyone disappears. He shakes his head before looking ahead, where there was a mirror that reflected him. However, Drake quickly averted his eyes in disgust as the mirror showed his true form, which I dare not reveal (until later.) Drake turns to the left and almost falls backwards in shock as he watches and listens. In the mirror vision, it show Necropolis sitting on a throne made of ice and bones, and as it zoomed out, it showed the kingdom of Damalthia as a frozen wasteland where all the desert people are working under his will, as undead. Drake cannot pull his eyes away as it zooms out further, as all of Beledramia is a frozen wasteland, and all of the continent's denizens are undead slaves, not to mention the desert army and the citizens of the desert kingdom, where the army came from. Drake shook his head in fear as it zoomed in on his family, who were feeding on a child's flesh, including him! Drake peeled his eyes from the mirror and almost cried in horror before seeing the other mirror, where the king and queen of the desert city had made and arrangement with the four kingdoms. The desert people would be the peace-keepers between the four kingdoms, in return for a share of the four kingdom's food, allowing them all to live in harmony. Necropolis took Drake under his wing, or rather his cloak, and teaches him many things. Evangeline became an even more renowned hero, and was accepted by all despite the fact of her true nature. The same goes for Malace, who returns to the Forest Watchers and becomes the leader after her former enemy was forced to resign the title of leader. Rock, well Rock was just fine being Rock, and he continued to serve the desert army, even refusing a squadron of his own. Drake wanted to be there so bad, and all he would have to do is touch the mirror. Something in the back of his mind told him not to though, and he resisted touching the mirror, instead taking one more turn and almost facepalming as he saw a normal old door, with a normal brass handle and a normal circular window. He turned back to the mirror, thinking Necropolis would never do that... I would never do that... Drake thought this over and over again as he closed his eyes, but his instincts roared at him and began to battle with his brain, making Drake stop and fight to touch the mirror. Drake yelled in frustration and drowned out his thoughts, thrusting his hand forward and reaching straight into the mirror, where he accidentally fell through. He stands back on his feet to find that he is in another room, where there is a pedestal that reads: "You are worthy of continuing on to the top floor of the tower, where the master waits. Good job, and I hope you do as well in the future. I'll miss you, from yours truly, The Sign Maker~" Drake takes this time to look around the room, noticing that instead of a room full of mirrors, it was a room full of stone walls, and at the end was an open door. Drake decides to wait for the others and sits down, crossing his legs. Drake quickly became bored, however, and walked through the door to the other side, where everyone would meet again.

Last edited:
Malace allowed Drake to face the golem, not really putting much faith in the sand knight. Frankly, Malace didn't trust them at all, no more then she trusted the lich. What was there motivation? Why would Drake and Rock be so willing to go against their country? Or was it a ruse to simply allow them to get close to a power to help them? And the lich? Surely someone who would be so willing to escape the authority of death would have no reason to answer the authority of mere mortals. Perhaps there was a certain benign reason that Malace's jaded outlook is missing, but if so, are they so benign if they're willing fight the Sand Kingdom? Malace stayed weary. Treachery was the last thing she wanted to face. In fact she wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

Drake managed to defeat the golem surprisingly enough. Malace said nothing of course and continued onwards. They reached another room with another puzzle, this one actually challenging their will this time. Malace shifted uncomfortably as the lich spoke the riddle, causing everyone to vanish. "That damn bastard couldn't even take the time to tell us what he was going to do." Looking around Malace took a step forward. Soon she saw... Visions of the future. Or so she thinks. Two people, both of them her, and they look almost the same. And yet... There was something different about all of them. To her left, there was a Malace who had her bow in her hand, looking confident and smug, as if she was challenging the original Malace. On the right another Malace with her bow drawn, but she looked... Cautious. Like she was hunting a dangerous beast.

No.

Like she was trying to fight against a dangerous beast, one who has her cornered. Fighting for her life. Was this her greatest fear?

But then Malace looked at the other. Such confidence, such arrogance... She has the look of someone who thinks she could do no wrong. That in the end, she is correct, and that those who defy her are fools A guilty pleasure, but Malace realized that this was the sort of person she never wanted to be. She wanted respect... Not dominance. She didn't care to be the winner, only that there were those who believed in her. So which one was her fear? Which was her desire?

Malace thought long and hard. But she didn't chose either. In her own mind, they were both things that she feared. To her right, she feared weakness. Failure, being trapped and forced to face the consequences of her action. To her left, she feared pride. So much damage was done in her life because she thought herself better then others. So much hatred, so much strife, because she held herself above, and pushed everyone else down. These were not things she wanted.

She walked pasted the two shadows her herself. She was not going to deal with them. Her fears... Would not rule her. She would not get angry at them. She would not strike them down. No, instead they would serve to remind her, to show her the results of her mistakes. They were warnings, and she had no reason to remove them. As much as she feared them, they served a purpose. They would show Malace who she is when the chips are down, or when she looses herself. There was no point in fighting them, for they are nothing more then nightmares, figments of her imagination, so long as she stays on the right path. As long as she keeps moving onwards.

As the two shadows vanish Malace arrived back to what looked like the room she was in before. There was no one around, so she assumed she was the first to arrive. Or perhaps the last? Who knows how the others fair. Looking around she noticed that the sign on the pedestal changed, now reading:

"You are worthy of continuing on to the top floor of the tower, where the master waits. Good job, and I hope you do as well in the future. I'll miss you, from yours truly, The Sign Maker~"

A door opened. Malace looked at the door and saw a vision. A great battle. The kingdoms were warring with each other, a bloody conflict that was threatening to engulf the world. Malace was no stranger to war and was about to dive in when she saw herself amongst the warriors. She had gleaming armor made of mythical stone, which she recognized as ancient rune. The Forest Watchers held the stones sacred, as they are said to contain the essence of nature itself. She had a might bow, and was using it to slay hundreds of foes. Malace had become a weapon of mass destruction, but used her powers not to wipe out the armies, but to get them to stop. That Malace spoke out over the armies, telling them their wrong doings. How they could solve this peacefully, through negotiations instead of blood. This... This is what Malace wanted. She wanted to be a hero. Someone that even kings would listen to. This Malace had no desire to rule; only to stop the pain and misery of war. She wanted the kingdoms to be at peace, and have the power to ensure it.

Malace was tempted to enter. She wanted that power, that respect, that strength. But she stopped herself from entering through the door. "No... I cannot. That... That is not me. Not yet. One day that power may be mines... But I must earn it first. Malachite... Enjoy your prosperity. One day, I shall join you."

Malace then noticed another door, plainer then the one she was standing in front of. She looked through the door's window but saw nothing on the other side. Looking back at the celestial door that contained her fortune Malace sighed. One they she will have what she wants. But she has to take every step to get there, not take it from the hands of another. Not even herself. Malace entered the plain door and into another room.

Rock
Rock looked around and sighed before turning to the right, where there was just static. He turns to the left and finds the same thing, shaking his head in disappointment. He turns around and looks at the door before turning back to the left mirror and staring at it. Rock finally rolls his eyes and waits for the mirror to begin guessing. It doesn't hesitate, as it shows him being surrounded by spiders. Rock shakes his head, and it changes to him dying by a fire scorpion sting. Rock shakes his head again,and it shows him being mauled by a boar. Rock shakes his head, and it doesn't even bother trying to show the scenario as it shows multiple animals and monsters, to all of which, Rock shakes his head. Writing finally appears on the mirror, asking what he was afraid of, and without speaking, Rock points to himself. An image of Rock appears on the mirror, and the real Rock nods before turning to the other mirror. The same thing happens, this time with all good things, to all of which, Rock still shakes his head. The mirror asks what he most desires, and he points to himself. A pedestal appears then, and the pedestal reads: "How can you fear and desire yourself at the same time, it's not possible! You have to have something other than that!" Rock shook his head at this and thought of a pen. One of the reflections of himself sighed and handed him a pen, to which he wrote on the pedestal. Rock writes the following: "Wrong, these are truly two different versions of me. The one I fear is my former self, who was much weaker and blinded by will to serve the desert kingdom. The one I desire is the one which I hope to be me in the future, much wiser and braver, able to take on all of my flaws and correct them, as I have been doing for years. Yet, I do not truly fear or desire either, as I am satisfied with my current self. Does that make sense, dear Sign Maker?" All of the writing disappears for a moment before new writing appears in it's place. The pedestal reads: "I understand what you mean, and since you have no fears or desires, I shall allow you to continue without having to choose. Yours truly, The Sign Maker~" Rock nods, and once he blinks, he finds him self in a different room, where he saw the door he was supposed to enter through. He walks through to find Drake and Malace, both of which he only nods to.

(Lol, you had the same idea as me @Lucius Cypher.)

Necropolis
Necropolis swore at himself for his annoyance towards having to do everything. It was because of him that they got separated. He felt the book vibrate and opened it, but was bewildered to find that he couldn't read the words.
[BCOLOR=#ffff99]!$#^&^^#$#&%%#$$^~$##$^%*_+&*(/*-/%^$##@$#^&*![/BCOLOR]
Necropolis snapped the book shut in anger at this revelation before stopping dead as he turned to the mirror on the left, where he saw himself bowing before two lich; the two who were alive in the same era; and they were snickering and taunting him. [BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ff9900]Did this foolish little lich think he could ever compare to us by being a good guy?[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#000080]Ha, as if! There is nobody who could be as great as we are, no matter what they accomplish.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#ff9900]Silly little lich, who wishes to build instead of destroy.[/BCOLOR] The Necropolis in the mirror shook his head and attempted to stand when the younger of the two lich kicks him in the back leg, making him drop. The elder grabs Necropolis' head and freezes it, and Necropolis almost laughs at their audacity, until the younger lich grabs his arms and pulls him to the edge of what was an active volcano, then switches to holding the back of his neck. Necropolis struggled as his eyes could not move and he was forced to stare down into the pit of lava. They left his ears open so he could further hear their taunting as he stared down into the lava. [BCOLOR=#ff9900]People who go against their elder's wishes must be punished, like the little ones they are.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#000080]Lich don't take kindly to defiance, so your punishment shall be death.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ff9900]Don't think you can die?[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#000080]Think again brother, dying as a Lich is just as easy as dying as a human, but people just don't know that yet.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#ff9900]To emphasize his point, your punishment shall be death by lava... Goodbye, little lich.[/BCOLOR] Necropolis attempts to struggle, but the younger lich grabs Necropolis' arms once again and pulls them back. He plants a foot on Necropolis' back and pushes forward with it while pulling back on Necropolis' arms. The other lich approaches and begins to freeze Necropolis' arm sockets until they were colder then they had ever been. Eventually Necropolis' skin cracked like ice and his arms popped off, sending his body flying into the lava pit in pain. The real Necropolis turned away from this right before he hits the lava. Necropolis attempts to shake his head and wipe away the memory of what he just saw, but he could not forget, even if he knew that this was impossible. Yet it was his greatest fear, being shunned and ridiculed by his ancestors. Necropolis didn't even bother to look at the other mirror as he attempted to freeze this one. It would not freeze, so Necropolis' anger boiled over and he punched the mirror out of rage. Necropolis went through to the room where everyone else had gone, but he could tell that he was the last to arrive. Necropolis growled and froze the pedestal before kicking it as hard as he could. it shattered into thousands of little crystallized pieces. Necropolis growled as the pieces flew back up and reformed. Necropolis spun around and walked to the door, kicking it open before walking forward with a ferocious glare in his eyes. He didn't even bother to speak to Drake, who asked him what got him so worked up.​

((Very well, we will continue with the assumption that you have met up with us.))
After waiting in the room for a moment, you begin to hear laughter. It wasn't eerie laughter, but more like joyous and relieved laughter. A man suddenly morphs out of the shadows, wearing a sky blue cloak with gold trim. He had a red fedora that completely threw off his cloak. The fedora was no surprise compared to the shoes, however, which were yellow with purple trim. The man threw off his cloak to reveal his other clothing. He wears a green shirt with white words that says "King of the Hill." His lower body is covered in black shorts, which reveals his socks that are grey, not to mention that they look like they could fit a giant. The man,who looked about 24 laughs joyously and approaches each person, shaking their hand vigorously. Necropolis is taken aback by this, but before he can speak, Drake has already begun to spring questions, most of which were useless. How did you get up here? The man smiles and replies in a joyous tone. I've always been up here silly! What do you do for fun up here though? I do a lot of drawing, and planning, and other stuff. No way, that's not very entertaining to me. Maybe not to you, but it is to me! :3 Before Drake and the man can continue speaking, Necropolis butts in with a more purposeful question. Who are you, and why are you here? Are you the owner of this tower? The man smiled greatly before answering the lich's question. I am the owner of this tower, yes. I am too old for anyone to remember, so I will just tell you what I am. I am a joker, and one of the only two ever in existence no less! :3 Necropolis was taken aback by this, and everyone had reason to be surprised. Jokers were legendary beings, even greater than the gods. Their power is limitless, and their knowledge is equally so. They have enough power flowing through their veins to travel to completely different dimensions. They can build or destroy anything with a wave of a hand, and they are even rumored to be able to bend time and space to their will. Jokers are not limited to types of magic, as they can use all magic! Fire magic, Ice magic, Death magic, you name it! The joker smiles mischievously at each of their various expressions, except for Rock's, which is the same as ever. You may also know me by another name. Yours truly, Le Sign Maker~<3 Necropolis begins to speak again, but is cut off by the joker. A-ba-ba-ba-ba, you must let the others have a turn, sir! It has been forever since I've had guests, so I do not want to favor anyone. ;) Necropolis is stunned by this, but nods at his point and turns to the others, while Rock holds back Drake, who was trying to approach the joker.

Eva stared with shock at the being before her. At first glance, a human would be the best guess for someone who looked like this. Although the fact that He was a joker rendered her speechless.

As she listened intently to the conversation between the lich and the joker, she had started to form a few questions of her own. Of course she wasn't accustomed to asking, she'd usually do some digging and find out for herself, but in a situation such as this one, it only made sense to ask her questions instead of holding them in.

"Why is it that you have the place guarded by riddles?" She looked around and noticed the curious glances. She knew fully well that it was was a dumb question, but she couldn't seem shake the feeling that he was hiding something.

The joker raised his eyebrow, which made Eva cross her arms. "Seemed as if riddles were the best source of protection." He looked at them all with a smirk. "And judging by the...very few visitors i've received, I'd say it was a brilliant idea." He directed to Eva, and she nodded her head in understanding.

"Dont you want visitors?" She pressed. "You've got to be tired of being so... alone."

"Weren't you alone not to long ago." He asked.

"Thats not the same, i had someone." She muttered under her breath, as she sighed. He merely winked at her and she decided to drop the subject. No reason in pressing a question that would be answered with more questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malace looked at the joker with curiosity. She's heard them in old lore, but they were always used as a sort of... Joke. She never really liked those stories because all it did was showcase how powerful a joker was and how they utterly fucked with the realities most everyone else was bound to. Even magic, as fluid as it was, could be broken and changed under the power of a joker. They were just unfair.

Putting those thoughts aside Malace decided to ask a question. Despite lacking the ability to speak physically she knew the joker could likely read her mind, so she said something in her head. "Joker. How do we repel the desert kingdom invading?" Malace of course only had straight forward and practical questions to ask. She doubt she'd get a straight forward or practical answer however. If the old lore about jokers were anything to go by, either what they tell you was completely useless (Such as it being too obvious or simply out of your range of abilities) or had terrifying consequence that they omit.

The joker smiled almost maniacally before spinning in circles on his heel as he spoke. Oh this is just rich! She wants to know how to defeat the desert people! Why would you want to destroy an entire race, especially when they are minding their own business in the desert? Necropolis was stunned by this, but managed to say something equally stunning to the joker. Did you notice the desert army that walked through your town and killed countless people? The joker stopped spinning to stare at Necropolis before turning to the wall and pressing on a random series of bricks. The wall opened to show that they were high above the clouds. In fact, they were so far up above the clouds that they were in space, and it was some sort of miracle that they could still breath. A series of stairs began to jut out and spiral along the outside of the wall. The stairs led all the way down to the bottom, and the joker began to explain as he walked. Nobody would be able to get to the top if the top was past flying level, so the only way to get up was through the tower. The halls are illusions, and each "room" is actually a different floor of the tower. The halls are long stairways that bounce across the walls while always leading upwards. However, this staircase is also enchanted, so you will be able to walk all the way down without suffocating. The group walks down, and they get to the bottom fairly quickly, despite the fact they were just in space. When they reach the bottom, the joker drops to his knees and holds his hand to his mouth to hold back the cry of sadness at the sight of his once glorious city. The dead bodies still littered the streets, though flies had begun to buzz around the bodies and the carrion feeders started to tear away at them. The bodies omitted a rotting smell, while they had been barely touched when they arrived. It seems that time passes faster in the tower than in the outside world, and the bodies had begun to decompose when they had begun the crusade through the joker's tower. Necropolis put a cool hand on the joker's shoulder, but removes it as he walks toward Drake and Rock, who were beckoning him towards them. It was an honor to accompany you on this journey, but me and rock must go back to the desert army and see what progress they have made thus far. I hope we meet again lich, and tell the others that I will miss them as well. Rock nods to show his agreement, and Necropolis shakes Drake's hand before turning back to the others. We should probably head back to the kingdom of rich fleabags and see if there are any new heroes, being as how we have been gone for who knows how long. The joker approaches the three heroes before speaking. I would love nothing more than to help you bring the desert army to their knees, but I must restore the city to save what pride I have left. Also, I will not be able to assist you once I finish up here, for that would tip the balance of the universe and everything would tumble into chaos for both sides. Also, I would be pushed out of this universe until balance is restored. In other words, I cannot accompany you until there is another shift in balance that I can remedy. Necropolis nods in understanding and turns to the other two heroes. Let's go then, shall we?

Eva couldn't help but feel bad for the joker, and as they walked away, she could help but replay the look of sorrow that had crossed his face. It was strange how many emotions she was feeling, even though they were in the mists of a war. She felt all the positive and negative emotions, but a new emotion arises within her that she hadn't felt in years...self doubt. She hadn't known how weak she was until she came face to face with the mass of dead bodies that littered the streets. It took her back to the time she had first taken a life. Although it was technically out of self defense, she knew that she had added another person to the list of people who would never get the chance to see the light of day ever again. They were gone, and it was because of her.

Despite the internal conflict within herself, Eva managed to walk alongside the lich and the orch with a poker face. As they neared the kingdom, Eva started to wonder if there were anymore heros, and if so, what were they? So far, she had little to no experience on what different species were around, but she was eager to find out. Though one thing she didn't look forward to was dealing with her sister. She had told her to stay at the kingdom until they got back. Thus, she would have to deal with her, even if it isn't number one on her to do list.

Necropolis, Evangaline, and Malachite traveled for 13 hours before reaching Damalthia. The city was glorious as ever, but the strange shimmer from the excess gold they have acquired had begun to diminish from the gold they had been giving to the desert army. When the three heroes arrived, they were not exactly received with open arms, and this was made apparent by the fact that there were guards that begun to stream out of the walls at their approach. The apparent commander pushed to the front of the troops and scoffed at them before speaking. "Well boys, it seems that our "heroes" have returned from wherever it is that they went. So there really is a lich as a hero, but how long will it take before he decides to join the desert people? We have the Shadowseeker, what a disappointment of a hero. Lastly, we have an orc, who came from who knows where. Who knows what her intentions are, she could be a spy for all we know!" This commander obviously had no respect, and Necropolis was about to smack some sense into him when everyone began to part. The commander smiled maliciously and turned to nod to another figure. He stepped to the side to reveal a strange looking woman. She has purple glasses and strange clothing, not to mention that when she arrived, a strange aura filled the area. The aura was like music, but if people were to hear what the girl heard, they would wonder what in the world she was listening to.
Vinyl.jpg
"A few days after you three disappeared, this girl appeared from a bolt of lightning. Despite obviously coming from a different world, she didn't ask any questions or demand anything. The king and queen hired her as our hero, and she could trump you all without a doubt." The girl blushes and smiles nervously, shaking her head and hands back and forth to say no. She waves for the guards to leave, and when the commander began to complain, she reached into her pocket and grabbed a strange device. As soon as she pulled it out, the commander winces and leaves quickly, along with the guards that intercepted the other three heroes. She turns to them and motions for them to follow, leading them to the throne room and keeping the disrespect and insults at bay.

Malace groaned at the smell of all the corpses. She didn't know how long they've been dead, but it was long enough that they were starting to smell. It was a familiar scent to her. She's been in wars before, fight battles... Killed her share of innocence. The title "Hero" was bitter in her mouth. War was an ugly thing. It wasn't something that could be as black and white as say, the living against the undead. And while these people might have been her enemies under different circumstances, that didn't mean she took any pleasure in seeing them like this. "Let's just go. There's nothing for us here, and what a waste of time it was."

Eventually the trio, without the desert warriors, returned to the city. The place seemed to have already been hit by the desert kingdom, though all things considered the fact that they were still standing at least told her that they didn't lose. The guards came out however as though they saw them as the enemy. Malace figured they didn't particularity like them for some reason, not that they had a good reason to anyways. Orcs, litches, and witches aren't known for their heroics. The guard captain himself acted rather arrogant as if they didn't do anything at all, though admittedly they didn't. They fought off one group of assassins and wasted their time getting to the top of some tower, and met a god-like being who, in Malace's mind "Couldn't do jackshit for his own people, let alone us." Of course she kept these thoughts to herself.

Soon a strange girl arrived. Music seemed to emit from her like some sort of aura. It was catchy, but Malace was not in the mood to enjoy the tunes. She beckoned for them to follow but Malace stood her ground. She was tired of being dragged around to do useless things. Just what was their plan? Why did they go through that tower? Who was this girl? What did she want? Perhaps Malace didn't ask as many questions as she should, but she wasn't just going to diligently follow this stranger. The least she could do was introduce herself. Though Malace said nothing, she made it clear that she was expecting some sort of explanation before she goes anywhere.

Necropolis seemed to think the same thing as Malace, and he even went as far so as to freeze his feet to the ground. The girl turned and looked at them before shrugging and continuing, obviously not caring if they followed or not. Whatever, the king has made a pretty good diagram of the desert army, but you guys can stay here if you want. Necropolis replied by folding his arms and unfreezing his legs to turn around and walk away. Right, I've met all of the heroes, so now I'm going to go wipe out their army. That is what a lich is good at after all, toppling empires and killing entire armies.
[Necropolis has left the group]
Necropolis continues walking away, deciding that if the other heroes wanted to attack the army, they could accompany him. If not, he was still perfectly fine with going alone.

Eva stood frozen for a moment, not sure who to follow or where to go. Finally analyzing her options, she decided to follow the lich. After all, she didn't want to walk into battle with a stranger, and she had grown fond of both the lich and the orch. "Well, that went well." She says sarcastically as she catches up with Necropolis. But... What now? The commander doesn't really need us...or want us. So what do we do now?" She asked. Eva kicked up rocks and watched as they rolled away. With a sigh she turns around, wondering what was so special about that girl. She knew that she could also control Lightning, but the way the commander had been talking, it seemed as if the blue headed mystery was more powerful than her.

Shaking her head Malace chose to turn away from all of this. She wanted someone to explain what was going on, but she wasn't about to follow the lich into death either. And if he could take on the entire desert kingdom and it's army? Then Malace was never needed. Let the lich solve all their problems. She had her own to deal with.

Malace figured that she should look into any local bandit problem. A boring job, sure, but considering that the desert army just swept by here, no doubt there were an abundance of deserters looking to prey on the locals for supplies. Malace would do a bit of clean up duty before she'd move onto other ventures. Maybe go become an assassin or something, whatever came her way really.

Status
Not open for further replies.