The Four Kingdoms: The Arrival of the Desert Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
((It's fine, I haven't exactly been up to date because of the work load my dad has given me. #Exhausted))
Necropolis turns to Eva as she asks about the item. The item is an ancient sword called Icebreather, made by man hundreds of years before us. It is made out of ice from a fallen asteroid, and it was only able to be carved out the asteroid because of the heat of it falling from the sky. Once it was carved and sculpted into a beautiful ice blade, it was re-frozen in the heart of one of the great Frost Wyverns from the Frozen Mountains, the only place outside of this valley that can resist the scorching heat of the desert. After it was frozen, it would have had runes placed on it, but they could not scratch it or even pick at it because of it's strength. Not even the hottest flames could soften or melt it, so they could not carve the runes into the blade. However, the creators of the blade could not hold the blade and neither could anyone else, let alone wield it. So they kept it in storage until a new type of magic arose, called negation magic. The man used his negation magic to take away the feeling of cold from his body to wield the blade and fight my ancestor. He attempted to freeze the blade and make it shatter, but the blade instead absorbed the ice powers and surrounded the blade in a strange and unidentifiable aura that made the lich tremble. The man took this opportunity to lash out, making a killing blow and sending the lich's corpse down into a deep canyon in one of the mountains surrounding Beledramia. The man protected the entire country with the help of his undying lover, and he lived a long life to fulfill this duty, as his body never aged. The sword he held was said to be the reason of this, and he lived up to the age of 137 years old before finally giving the sword to his companion, who promised to safeguard it here. To this day, the female demon guards the sword, as a favor to the only man worthy of being her lover. We must prove that we will use the sword to protect this land from those who would seek to destroy it. Sadly, once we obtain the sword, she will most likely aid the desert people in taking Beledramia, being as she is still a demon.
After telling Eva the long and possibly drawn out story, he turned back to the cabin to look it over once more. It actually looked more like a single room actually, like an outhouse, but the size of an actual house. It was made entirely of large trees that had been cut and nailed together, like a Lincoln Log hut that was blown up to human size. There was a simple wooden door to the cabin, and a sign hung above it that said:
DO NOT ENTER
Unless thou wish to die
You must leave this place

Todd walked down the streets with the same usual frown on his face, but something seemed off. Todd had an air of confidence on him today. Todd continued walking until he reached the casle, where the guards stopped him.
"What is your business here, sitisen?" says one of the guards
"I need to speak to the king and queen." Todd retorts
"Why do you seek audiense with your majesty?"
"Obviously because I'm selling cookies."
"You don't seem very trustworthy to me sitisen."
"I get that a lot, thanks."
After a few more minutes of this, Todd passes the guards and proseeds to the thron room, where he bows to the king and queen.
"The guards have told me that you seek an adience with me," the king says "So what is the occashun?"
Todd tells them that he wishes to aid one of the heros. The king asks how, so Todd asks the king if he knows any magic whatsoever. The king nods and snaps his fingers, and a small dog appeared. Todd does the same, and the dog turns bigger.
"I have amplification magic, and it helps strenthen other peoples spells, attacks, or armor. It takes energy though, so it only lasts for as long as I can hold it. It doesn't take much to hold it, but whenever I'm using my magic and somone I'm helping casts a spell, it takes a big chunk of energy, you understand?"
The king nods and snaps his fingers again, making the dog disappear.

Lillian
In the Kingdom of Harvest, lived Princess Lillian. Her life has been overall peaceful. At least until her husband disappeared. Pregnant and alone, Lillian quickly descended into depression, longing for her lover to return. She may have the support of her parents, but she needed help to raise her child too. As of current, she was at least seven months pregnant and her midsection had expanded considerably. Looking down at her baby bump, she frowned before placing a hand on it. "Ohhhh, its okay sweetie, Daddy will be home soon...I hope." She said in a saddened tone of voice.

Even though her parents didn't want her wandering too far, she did. While going out for a walk, Lillian saw a small group of what seemed to be adventurers entering a log cabin.

(Short post, writer's block =_=)​

Eva stared at the sign with wide eyes. She could feel a lump in her throat, but with everything she had been through, she could feel herself adapting to situations such as this one. She had a tough decision to make. Either walk away like a coward, or walk in there and probably get killed. Either was, she would lose something, and she was in no way, shape, or form a coward.

"I was never good at making decisions, but...i think we should go in." She whispered. Furrowing her brow, she thought quietly to herself. Why am i whispering? He probably thinks i'm an idiot... Silently scowling herself, she realizes that maybe she could take on whatever was on the other side of the door. Not only did she have necropolis, but instincts would make her duplicate herself...even if she didnt want to. All because, the first time she duplicated herself, she killed the other her that was looking back at her in awe. Honestly, duplication wasn't her favorite thing to do, but if absolutely necessary, she knew she'd have to use it.

Looking at the sign again, she gains a boost of confidence. "Yeah, we should definitely go in."

Necropolis nods, then grabs the door and pulls it open. Eva and Necropolis are immediately knocked onto their backs as something flies out of the cabin with a happy laugh. Ooh, you people don't know how good it feels to stretch my wings again! Necropolis stands and studies the guardian of Icebreather. She had the features of a very attractive woman, with her hourglass shape and slender figure. What skin was showing (most of it) was red and smooth, sometimes even shiny as it caught rays of sun. Her eyes were normal except that the color was a deep pink. She stood at about 6' 3", with each wing being an estimated 5 feet long, but Necropolis couldn't tell because the demon was flapping them with abandon. Her teeth were straight and white, with the canines tapering to a point. Her long red tail with an arrowhead point waved about to emphasize the happiness of being able to fly again. What clothing she had was enough to cover some of her. She wore a black bandage around her breasts, amplifying her cleavage and covering it up a bit, all of which were meant to seduce men and keep them prisoners. Her only other article of clothing was a small pair of short-shorts, letting her sleek but muscular thighs show. Lastly, she had black hair that fell down her neck to stop a little bit above the wings. Mmm, so let me guess, you two are here for that toothpick of a sword? Necropolis nodded and the demoness pouted a bit. Sorry you two, but I still have to guard the sword from anyone. Oh well, let's have some fun! After she said that, her fingernails grew and hardened, turning into at least 2 foot long claws. The demoness charged at Evangaline first for some unknown reason, so Necropolis quickly used his magic to make Evangeline some frost armor, barely completing it in time before the demoness' claws struck. After she struck, she smirked as she spun around, planting her feet on Eva's stomach. Using Eva like a spring, the demoness kicked off Eva towards Necropolis, who didn't have enough time to react as she rammed into him, sending him flying backwards into the wall of the log cabin, which shook violently because of the impact. Don't worry, even if the logs were to collapse, I still made sure to make an extra layer of rock underneath.

((Is anyone going to reply to this, or has it died?))

(OMG I am so sorry! I have been like super busy... Plus I thought I had posted a reply but I didn't. I am so sorry! I am writing my post like right now!

Noryia watched the orc took her hand and stood up, then flexed her arm. Though noryia had never been shot before she was sure that the orc's arm must be in great pain right now. Knowing she wasn't a medical expert, she was hopeful it wasn't life threatening. As she waited for Malace to pick up her dropped things, she mentally planned the rout through the tunnels. When the orc was done making a bandage for the injured arm Noryia spoke kindly to the orc and said. "If it starts hurting even more we can stop at any point in time and let you rest."

The half elf know found the look on Malace's face that the orc didn't really care for the small space in the tunnels underground and she wanted leave quickly. "Stay close to me, this is a maze underneath the forest. There are many different tunnels down here, and the ones that is not the main path way are forever changing." She started walking and motioned Malace to follow. The glowing butterfly lite the way so both females could see where they were going. Noryia walked down the tunnel ignoring the fact that there were moles of all sizes going in and out of the main path the Noryia was taking into the side paths.

Malace followed the elf closely. While this place was no doubt save, Malace still kept a hand on her machete, ready to whip it out at a moment's notice. The arrival of the moles made Malace curious, as the elf mentioned that most of the tunnels were constantly shifting. Where these moles the cause of it, or trying to counter act it? Malace herself could take on the form of a mole and burrow her own escape out of here, but that would be awfully rude to her savior.

It was a long walk filled with nothing but silence, aside from the actions of the moles. Malace relaxed as they continued onwards and spent more time trying to make sure her wound was tended to. Aside from some throbbing it never hurt enough for Malace to want to stop and rest. Though she was becoming way too familiar with the feel of the arrow in her flesh. Soon Malace spotted a bright light, presumably leading outside. With the end in sight Malace quickened her pace, but not soo fast that she went ahead of the elf. These were her tunnels and she would know their destination better then Malace would. "I wonder whats on the otherside." Malace thought to herself.

Noryia was quite alright with the fact that the orc was not one to talk a lot. The half elf had walked faster than she would normally have moved, duo to fact that she didn't want to be down here where Malace could get dirt into her wound. She smiled slightly when her eyes spotted the bright light. As her own footsteps quicken she noticed the orc had also hastened. As they got closer the small butterfly started flapping faster, almost as if it was getting excited.

The tunnel lend into a much larger round room filled with hundreds of different colored butterflies. They flew around so gracefully it was like they were just floating through the air. A smile reached Noryia's lips as she walked in. Along the walls shiny blue crystals grew into beautiful sprouts throughout the room. "The exit it right over there." She said pointing to an open door it absolutely stunning curvy and swirly design along the door frame. She walked up to the door and waited for Malace to follow before walking up the staircase behind the door.

Eva looked around at the haze of images before her. Things had gone by so quickly that before she had known, she was picking herself up off the ground. In the distance she could feel rain start to pour and the weather shifting with her anger. She got up just in time to see Necropolis slam into a wall. Without even realizing it, Eva summons a lightning and it courses in the palm of her hand in untamed waves. The demoness raises her eyebrow and smirks. You don't honestly think your little lightning will put any kind of scratch on me, do you? With little effort, Eva throws a small spark of lightning her way. Right as it hit her, a smirk danced across her face and it slowly diminished into her abdomen. Confused, Eva gets ready to throw another strike when her last one comes hurling at her. With a last minute decision, she rolls out of the way.
With the wall behind her now in shatters from the miniature explosion, Eva starts to become more and more aggravated. Showing her emotions, the clouds began to roll and and hail begins to pour down from the sky.
The demoness looks at the sky in wonder. Taking advantage of her mistake, Eva hurls strike after strike of lightning at the demoness. Slowly, the lightning diminishes from her palms and hits its mark with sworn fiercity. Unlike the first blow, the demoness is taken by surprise and is thrust backwards into a couch. She would get the soft cushioned landing, Eva thinks as something comes hurling her way. It looks to be a massive black ball of fire but Eva can't be entirely sure. Acting entirely on instinct, two lavendar and blue wings unfold from her collarbone and something snaps in her back. Stretching out from years of rest, her wings expand to be about five yards long each. With one flap, she flies up in the air to get a better vantage point, leaving dust and debris flying around her.

Malace was quite surprised to enter the room filled with butterflies and crystals. She didn't know a lot about bugs, but she never knew they would be able to live down in this hole in the ground. And how were they able to take on so many different colors? How were these crystals glowing? Questions that she wanted to ask if she had the ability to, but instead she kept her mouth shut and followed the elf. She pointed towards a very ornate door which the elf mentioned was the exit. Eager to finally be out of this place the orcish woman went to the door and opened it, seeing a flight of stairs on the other side. No problem for her; she could still walk, so stairs weren't that big of an issue for her. But where did these stairs lead to?

Once Malace had come to the stairs Noryia herself led the way up. Along the way the walls that led upward were covered in that same shiny blue crystals as in the large room that was now below them. Though, the higher they went up the less of the crystals there were. After a few minutes of walking up the incline the reached the stair landing. At the top the walls looked like solid rock, painted on the rock was graceful pictures of every animal you could think of. Even though the pictures held no magical value, Noryia liked painting her summonings and wasn't half bad at either.

Also on the stair landing was another door that looked much like the door they had come through to get to the stairs. Noryia opened the door by pushing it away from her (The door had no door nob). The half elf walked out and held the door opened for Malace.
Outside was a beautiful site indeed, to their right was a crystal clear stream that made relaxing wave sounds as it flowed over rocks in the stream. On their left a glorious tree that was bigger than the same of normal house. On the trunk of tree were windows made of what looked like silver, and they weren't normal looking windows, they were pointed at the top and flat at the bottom. The massive tree had a stunning door, it was wooden though it didn't look like the same wood as the tree itself. Carving of what looked like ancient elfish writing decorated the top and sides of the double doors. Small animals, such as bunnies, cats, and deer, played or slept in the meadow in between the tree and the stream. And all around them was a forest of very large trees. Where Noryia had come out of after pushing open the door, it was really a small hill.
"Welcome to my home." Noryia told the orc sweetly.

This place made Malace uneasy. It was... To beautiful. She didn't know about the elf, but Malace lived in a forest for most of her life. Rarely did anything so natural look this serene. She knew her forest as a place that, while the Forest Rangers protected, they protected the natural order as well as those foolish enough to try to brave it unprepared. Where Malace came from those cats would be hunting the rabbits, the deer would be in massive flocks that would trample the smaller critters. This was the perfect place for wolves to arrive and tear down the beast to feed their own kin, and even the Forest Rangers would be tempted to keep an eye on here for future game. Not to mention that this meadow lacked cover; no where to hide but the building itself. And sure, there were wide clearings back in the forest, but there was a dark reason for that: Even the plants themselves were hostile to one another and each other. She knew of plants that would sap the strength from grand trees, and feed off their lifeless bodies to create clearings where their invasive species can thrive, basking in the sun much like these flowers. And the flowers. They say ever rose has it's thorns, but some people are ignorant to their poison. Nature was not free of disease and toxin, like what most people associate in cities. On the contrary: It's in the wild that such vile diseases are cultivated and used. The plague is as natural as a rain storm.

To Malace, this place, despite it's appearance, felt unnatural to her. At least she had a good idea of why people would want to kill her (She's an orc). She has no idea how a place like this could come into existence without twisted magical corruption.

But regardless of her feelings she had little choice. It wasn't as though this place could be any worse then mucking around underground, and she still had an arrow in her arm to deal with. Once she wounds were healed she'd continue on her way and figure out a way to deal with the farce that was the sand kingdom invasion. Malace took the lead and walked towards the house. Her brutal, black armored appearance staunchly contrasting to the saccharine appearance of the meadow. Her blood continued drip from her wound, staining the field with her ichor.

Noryia smiled to finally be above ground, and now she could see the sun shine. The half elf had always felt at home here. Even before she had created her house within the tree, Noryia felt safe in this peaceful place. And it wasn't like many people come here, despite the scenery. She hadn't very felt threatened here even when there were other people there. She wasn't sure had to explain the feeling she got in words; but it was like walking into the safest place in world, a place so safe no one could ever harm you in there.
After the orc stared for her house Noryia shut the door to the tunnel and the disappeared, blending into the hill. Just after that she followed Malace. Noryia walked quickly to keep up with the orc's longer strides.
Upon reaching the tree house, before either one could get the door it swung opened. Noryia's clone, Nory, stood before them with a huge grin across her face. "Noryia, I am so glad your back! I was kinda worried when I couldn't feel where you were anymore." She started speaking, not even taking notice of Malace she was talking so fast. "Did you go into the tunnels again? Did you do it hide yourself from me? Don' you know that I would not never follow you when you're such a foul mood? And on top of tha-" She stopped mid-sentence when her eyes fell upon the orc next to her creator. "Are you an orc?" Nory asked full of totally awe.

(@Eternity109, we're doing this battle outside. We were going to do it inside, but the demoness left the building as soon as the door opened. just a head's up for your next post.)

The demoness laughs as Eva shows her wings. I knew there was something special about you. Perhaps if you and the lich fail, I can keep you as my pet. Then, the demoness pulls out a long whip, at least 8 feet, an dripping with black ooze that always evaporates after falling off. The demoness laughs again as she swing her whip around before whipping it towards Eva. Eva would not have had enough time to react as the whip came to wrap around her leg and pull her to the ground, if Necropolis had not gotten in the way. Necropolis jumped in the way at the last moment and interfered the whip's path, causing it to wrap around his throat before the demoness pulled it back. Necropolis fell to the ground in frontof her, and she began to kick him, saying, Stop messing things up lich, you shouldn't even be here lich, why couldn't you stay dead lich? She continued to abuse him until he sprung up and caught her leg, beginning to slowly freeze it. The demoness gasped at this and grabbed Necropolis' throat and lifted him high into the air, breaking his contact with her leg. Damn the fact I still have to breath!

Eva recovered from her shock in time to see the demoness lift necropolis up by his throat. Her adrenaline had started to kick in as she saw her friend's death on the verge of occurring, and she lunged forward just as the sky began to pour.

Thinking she was smart, the demoness kept her attention on the lich but stuck her foot up in time to kick Eva in her abdomen. Well she would have, if Eva hadn't grabbed her leg and pulled her down to the ground first. Luckily, she dropped Necropolis in the process of falling and slipped on the mud underneath her. With a grin, Eva goes over to help necropolis when she sees a black figure out of her peripheral vision. Flying up quickly, a ball of black gas passes by her harmlessly. Unaware of the distraction, Eva looked back in time to see the demonesses whip connect with her arm. She felt herself being pulled and blood seeping down her arm from how tightly the whip was holding her.

Flapping her wings harder, she tried to pull the demoness off the ground but she can feel the whip cutting through her flesh. With no other choice, Eva plummets to the earth and rams into the demoness. She could hear a loud thump and the both made a dent in the ground on impact.

Necropolis watched as Evangeline struggled to pull the demoness off the ground, but became angry as drops of scarlet began to travel along the whip. Necropolis pushed himself to his feet and began to move forward as Eva slammed into the demoness and knocking them both to the ground. The demoness rose first from the ground, focusing on Eva and attempting to stab her claws in the half-phoenix, but luckily Eva wzs dodging her blows. Necropolis felt very stupid and pushed the fact that he may die from his mind. He jumped onto the demoness' back and planted his feet between her shoulder-blades, grabbing the wings and pulling them back, immediately beginning to freeze them. The demoness shrieked in surprise and jumped forward, before landing and grabbing Necropolis' leg and flinging him like a rag-doll into a tree, breaking Necropolis' back. She smirked as Necropolis crumbled to the ground before turning back to Eva and attempting to fly up so she could slam down on her, but she couldn't move her wings because they had been frozen. She turns in a fury as she hears Necropolis laugh behind her, but fury turns to surprise as Necropolis stands, popping his back into place again. A lich has accelerated healing because his body has blood infused with ice crystals that fuse together until that part is actually healed completely. That means that a broken skull or back is not fatal, and we hardly bleed because the wound is covered in ice. Necropolis then uses his frost nova ability and blasts the demoness back into a building and freezing everything but her head. She gasps at the change in temperature, but begins to laugh as she breaks free of the ice, also thawing her wings out so she flies above them. Oh man, you two are good! Of course, I didn't try my hardest, since it was our first time meeting. Congratulations, you two get the sword, and I can't wait until we get to play together again. Next time though, I won't be going easy on you. Ciao! The demoness then turns and claws her hand through the air, creating a rift through which a volcanic-like environment can be seen. She steps through it and the portal seals back up, leaving the air flawless and the cabin unguarded. Necropolis approaches Eva and helps her to her feet, asking if she is hurt too badly.

Looking at the smaller elf Malace assumed this girl was the daughter of "Noryia", whom Malace presumed to be the elf who saved her. She seemed to be quite the chatter box, but halted her talking when she asked Malace a very obvious question. The orc simply nodded yes to her question, then pointed to her arm. She wasted no time with formalities; she wanted to get this wound treated so she could get out of here. She fears that despite what they had to do to get here, they may have been followed or soon found. While Malace doubts that those deserters would have followed them into the tunnel who knows were they are right now. Actually Malace didn't even know where she was right now. That made her even more uncomfortable.

Looking over towards Noryia, Malace was expecting the elf to show her inside or something. Malace may be an orc and was raised in a forest, but she at least had some manners to treat her host respectfully. She was simply in a bit of a hurry.

Nory's eyes got big when Malace nodded to say yes to her. The clone had never met an orc before but had always wanted to meet one. But most orc's just stayed in their forest and didn't care about what went on outside of their forest. She let out a small gasp when Malace pointed to the arrow sticking out of her arm that was roughly bandaged with just a piece of cloth. Nory hadn't even noticed the arrow when the two had arrived, mostly because she was excited so much.
Before Nory could say or do anything Noryia spoke up in saying "Please, come in side so we can care for your injury." Nory nodded her head in agreement with her creator, Nory stepped aside and held the door opened wider for the other to come inside.
The walls inside of the tree house was the tan color of inside of tree. The walls were quite bare, there weren't many pictures. There were two paintings next to each other, one was of a couple smiling happily with a much younger version of Noryia in between the two people, the second had a tall man with a long black beard and black hair his face was in a scowl that looked permanent. Other than those two pictures, a small couch, and a table with two chairs, the large front room was very empty.
"Come and sit" Noryia ordered the orc, pointing to the light purple couch. "Nory, go and get me a clean wash cloth from the kitchen." Noy nodded and swiftly headed for one of the two doors on the wall opposite side of the room from the door.
"I'll be right back" Nory said leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.