The Forsaken: Left Behind on the Dead Continent

Christina giggled again and smiled warmly. As soon as Jim said 'bat out of hell' she began quoting lyrics to the song, doing a little air guitar in the process. She giggled again and folded her arms on the table, leaning on it. "Well I have just been hunky dorey. College has been completely wrapped up, finally got some songs down on guitar, I've saved up an arse load of money, so yeah, things have been good!" She then looked at Jim and then too Rob, and then whispered "So... whats been going on?" She meant the whisper jokingly, as if they were having some big secret congress.

Rob laughed, albeit very slightly awkwardly, as Christina did her air guitar solo. Christina was definitely... one of a kind. Yes, let's go with that.
"That's good," he replied. "Money is always good. Sadly I've only got money going out thanks to uni, but I'm sure I'll get a job over summer... I might even end up stacking shelves in some supermarket, but money is money I suppose." Rob blew across the top of his coffee again, sending roiling strands of steam towards Christina that disappointingly dissapated mere centimetres from the cup's lip. "You guys gonna watch the meteor shower or whatever?"

When Jack had entered the camp he had expected to have to do the hunting, not to be the hunted. He observed the two girls as the older of the two spoke to him. They both were very attractive, needed a place to sleep and they were sisters. He couldn't help but think of Barney from the show how I met your mother.

"Legendary."Jack said under his breath as he imagined the different sexual situations he could be involved in with the pair.

"Regrettably I only have this one tent." He said motioning to the bag slung over his shoulder. "But it has more than enough room for Faye and yourself." Before waiting for an approval from either of the girls Jack began to meander away and then looked back. "You haven't told me your name yet." Jack stopped for a brief moment and then added, "You can call me Jack. Also I was thinking about setting up somewhere near the lake." The lake was a decent walk away but it also offered a bit of privacy as Jack guessed that not as many people were interested in walking the distance. He only prayed that these two girls were not lazy. "I figured it would be one of the better places to watch from."

I thought it was a nice day. The sky was clear and it was the right temperature. And later at night, whith the meteor shower lights the night sky, it'll be nice and cool. Even if I'm not native to the U.K I think it'll be nice.
I decided to set up camp, knowing it'll be dark soon. I should also gather firewood and some nice squirrel for Bacon. Maybe a fish or two. Hopefully the sky's will stay clear all day.

"Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of room for all three of us!" The old sister blurted out before breaking off into a giggle. "Shush you!" Faye hissed at her sister. "Sorry about that, Beth gets excited pretty easily. Anyway, the lake is really nice. We were there a few hours ago, and it's totally deserted. You'll love it."

From there, the two girls led you to the lake on the far side of their camp. True to her word, the scenery was pretty impressive. The water was clear and cool, the beach was dark and sandy, and it was completely empty. The secluded location was ringed on one side by trees, with a clearing out on the other which afforded a great view of the sky. You aren't really sure what you did in your past life to deserve such a prime location, but it must have been pretty big. As you entered the clearing, Beth slid over to you and wrapped herself around your arm. "See? Told you you'd like it? So Jack, what do you do?" she asked with a sly smile, tracing her finger down your arm.
"Hey! Can't it wait?" Faye tossed a pine cone, which bounced comically off her sister's head. "We still need to set up first!"

Jim almost did a spit take when Christina began doing air guitar, then swallowed his hot chocolate and laughed. "Goddamn, you're such a spaz," He said, smiling. He scratched the back of his head out of reflex. "And who says hunky dorey anymore? What are we, in the 50s or something?" He took another piece of his scone and ate it, just then realizing that he should offer some to his friends. "If you guys want some of the scones or the croissant, go right ahead. I might not end up eating it all, as crazy as that sounds." When he heard Christina whisper, he raised an eyebrow. "Not much, might go see the meteor shower if you guys wanna go. And why are we whispering?" He whispered, smirking.

Name: Jakama Core
Apperance: Brown short faded haircut, dark brown eyes, Light brown skin, 6'0", 180 lbs.

Clothing worn-
Upper body: Black v neck shirt
Lower Body: tan cargo pants, a belt, and white sneakers.

Stats:

Strength: A
Toughness: A
Endurance: A+
Speed: A+
Intelligence: B

Skills:

First aid: B
Driving car (automatic): C+
Driving car (standard): C
Driving motorcycle: D
Physical Fitness : A
Computer software/hardware knowledge: C
Weapon: Handgun: A
Weapon: Rifle: A+
Weapon: Knife: B
Hand to Hand: A
Spanish Language: C-
Long distance running: A
Military Knowledge: B+
Urban/Wilderness Survival: B
Discipline: C

Inventory: Wallet with debit card and 180 bucks, ID (civies and military), car keys, pack of gum. Backpack filled with MRE's (7) and paperwork

Biography: Corporal Jakama T. Core, a member of the US Army, (Im not allowed to post my actual unit, so here's a made up one) 11B, 2-583 Foxtrot Co. INF Bat., Team Leader, Has exceptional scores in PT and Marskmanship, WLC training completed, Airborne certified. Owns his own personalized M4 carbine and 9mm Beretta 92. Has completed one tour in Afghanistan and is currently on leave in the UK. A very exceptional soldier but has slacker tendencies...

Jakama paused briefly before stepping foot at the peak of a large hill overlooking the camping grounds. He looked around at the numerous people sparsely settled in, laughing a bit. "Damn, didnt think so many people would be this interested in this crap." He stated smiling as he descended down to the area. He carried his green duffel bag on his back, with his name Core, J. and last four of his SSN on the side in bold black lettering. It was pretty obvious he was a military man, but their were certain differences in him. Jakama took the map from his back pocket that the cute petite ticket girl gave to him at the entrance. It was a very simplistic map, no grid squares, very obvious looking reference points, nothing like the maps he uses for land navigation in the military.

"Guess I'm here," He states pointing to the elevated mass of land found on the map. "And I want to be here, close to the lake." Using the sun as a cheap means to find out his cardinal directions, and adjusting the map to find out which way he had to go. Jakama realized if anyone saw him, he'd look a bit odd, with all the shifting and movement atop a large hill. He tucked the map away in his pocket and began his descent down the hill towards the location he aimed to be. "Wouldnt mind running into some females..." He said sheepishly grinning to himself as he walked.

Despite her best efforts, Faye had failed completely to pry Sarah away from Jack, and so she went to work setting up the camp herself. She took out Jack's tent, and managed to get it set up without too much trouble. After, she went out to go and find some firewood. They didn't have an axe, so she'd just have to run around the forest looking for whatever she could scavenge. In her search, she stumbled across a lone camper, who seemed to be looking for a place to say. "Hey!" She called out to Jakama. "What are you doing out here all alone?"

((Not gonna lie, I'm getting a bit bored just doing regular campy things, so by tomorrow night at the latest, I'm gonna get things kicked off for real))

It was soon going to be dark. I was already tired due to jet lag. But I knew I had to get some food. I didn't know any poaching laws, so I had already set up snares. When I got to the first one, it was empty. But the next three had a decent catch. One big one and two little ones. It would of coarse suffice. Now, time to set a fire and skin these wee little ones. I'll save the big one for the morning.

Jakama quickly turned, hearing someone call out, "Uh? Oh, Im just looking for somewhere to set up camp." He answered, briefly studying her. He could analyze that she too was camping, given the fact that she carried firewood. "Is there any set rules governing where we camp at or is it all free game?" He asked, surveying the area around them. "I could help you, if youd like."