The Forsaken: Left Behind on the Dead Continent

Rob yelped, jumping up and bumping his knees on the table before him as Jim suddenly grabbed his shoulder. "Jim!" Rob's face lit up as he caught sight of his friend. "Geez, don't scare me like that... but it's good to see you." He sat down as well, taking another tentative sip from his coffee; still too hot. He set it down, resigned to forgetting about it until it was cold. He smiled when Jim mentioned Christina. "Indeed; I'm looking forward to seeing her again. It's been a while since we've all met up. It's just a shame that Jack couldn't be here with us. Supposedly he's observing the meteor shower from afar, in some campsite." Rob idly played with the lid of the coffee mug for a moment, and then continued speaking, albeit along a different train of thought. "Have you kept up with the news recently? They say that Russia's going to suffer heavy casualties."

"Not really, I spend entirely too much time playing video games to be bothered with the news." Jim said jokingly. He scratched his stubble absent-mindedly. "You are way to easy to scare, my friend. You need a lot more spatial awareness. Especially when Christina gets here, it may just save your life." He chuckled, eating another piece of his scone. When he heard the barista say his hot chocolate was done, he quickly got up to grab it. Sitting back down, he took a sip of his drink, the heat not phasing him much.

"God I love hot chocolate." He said, taking another sip. "So, what have you been up to lately?"

"Sweet!" Tim says as he finishes. "Not bad for only having two steaks!" And it wasn't bad either. The tent was standing and stable and clear of any debris that would be uncomfortable to sleep on. "Don't worry though, I'm gonna fashion you two more, if it gets windy tonight you're gonna need them to support." He looks around, and says "Hold on one sec," as he jogs toward the nearest tree with a fell branch. He steps on the center and prys up the end, but this one is still too green. Instead of snapping it just bends, so he grabs the next one and repeats this process until he gets two moderately thick shafts of branch and heads back to Sarah and her tent. He pulls out his pocket knife and sits down on the ground to start whittling. "So, I know this is a little up front but you wouldn't happen to need a camping partner tonight would you? I'm kind of here by myself."

She looks at him as he asks her if she needs a camping partner. "Oh my god..." she thinks to herself "It is like he is reading my mind." she shakes the thought away slightly. "Well..actually I would like someone to camp with me. At least someone who I can talk to and stuff." She looks over at his bag. That can not be a tent in there. "Well If you want to camp with me it is alright with me." she smiles slightly "But....you have to make the fire tonight." she laughs slightly. She looks at him carving the last two stakes and he smiles widens a little. She turns and opens the cooler grabbing a soda from the ice. She then closes the cooler and walks over sitting down in front of Tim. "Here I thought you might be thirsty." She sets the cheap version of cola in front of him and continues watching him whittle. "So what made you want to come way out here?

Well finding a camping buddy was easier than he anticipated. Its good to know there are always good people out in the world. "Yeah, no problem. I figured the fire would be my job," he says still smiling. He saw the look of relief wash across her face and chuckled to himself slightly. "I came out this way because I didn't want to be a part of the 'Big Party' going on in the center. Not really my scene. I was hoping I would find cooler more interesting people if I skirt around," he says picking up the soda and taking a swig. "Thank you by the way, I was starting to get thirsty." He put the final touches on the points of the steaks and hammers them into the ground finishing off the tent once and for all. He noticed her looking at his lone bag, "Yeah, thats a problem," he says kind of embarrassed. "I guess I'll have to make my way over to the main group sooner or later to see if there are any vendors and get a bedroll or a sleeping bag."
"But anyways, what about you? How did you end up coming out here all by yourself?"

She looks around and then back to Tim. "Well this area is perfect. Nobody to bug me much plenty of room to enjoy a fun night without overcrowding. Besides tonight this is the best spot for the show." She looks up in the sky and smiles "I thought some friends would be meeting me here but they cancelled on me" she shrugs "So I came out alone" she looks at the tent finally finished and smiles wider. "Well do you mind if I set my things up in the tent?" She picks up her backpack and sleeping bag. "I would like to be all set before night time so I figure I can roll out my sleeping bag and set my backpack inside and then we can try and find a spare for you."

Christina walked through the streets of Clear Water, her black fleecy cat back pack on her back, and a small case in her hand. She was listening to music through her black skullcandy headphones, attempting to navigate her way to the assigned meeting place. "Why do they have so many starbucks in one area?" she quietly muttered to herself. She sheepishly stepped into the coffee shop, looking around for any familia faces. She could always pick people out of a crowd with ease, but she always wore a face of nervous expression, as if afraid she would never find who she was looking for. She tugged down the sleeves of her pale red coat so that they hid her hands and she chewed her lip, scanning the tables.
A smile suddenly swept over her face as she recognised two people sitting down. Christina bound over to them "Guysguysguysguysguysguys!!!!" She flung her arms around Rob as she half sat down, half tackled into the seat. She put her bags onto the seat and stood up again to give Jim a greeting hug. She sat down with a giggle "Suuuup?!" She smiled. Alone, Christina was quite laid back, but around people she clicked with, it was like another person took over, someone way too full of energy.

"Oh absolutely! I can wait, I'm kind of the one who was dumb and didn't bring the right gear anyway. Long story." He sits down in the grass and takes a sip of his cola while Sarah gets her things situated. He looks around and is really impressed with Sarah's take of the area. It was an absolutely perfect view of the sky and there was just enough people not to be crowded but give the feeling of an event. "So your friends ditched you to do what? Play tiddly-winks?" He asks as he watches the tent shuffle around with her movement. He looks back towards the main group and thinks "there are way too many people for someone NOT to be selling crap over there. I'm sure I'll be fine." Now he was getting excited. This is promising to be a REALLY fun day. He's already made one friend..

Inside the tent Sarah unrolled her new sleeping bag and set her pack in the corner by it. She then stepped out and looked at Tim. "Okay you ready?" she smiles and then zips up the tent. She looked towards the bigger group and pointed. "I think I might of seen someone trying to get rid of a sleeping bag." it was not in the greatest condition but it would be better then nothing she thought to herself.

"Perfect! Lets see if we can't nab that sucker before someone else does." He stands up and slips a little bit on a wet patch of grass. "Ignore that," he says with a laugh as he steadies himself. "So where are we headed?" He picks up his dufflebag and slips it over his shoulder and looks over to her.

She points to the spot once more by a small group of tents in the larger group. "That tent there is a guy there trying to sell his extra sleeping bag" she says and begins walking.

"Well I hope he's nice." He jogs a little to catch up and falls into step as they head over to another lone tent. As they're walking Tim takes a collection of the area so he can have some landmarks should the need arise to get away from the camp he'll be able to find it at anytime. Other than the group of trees right next their camp, everything looks pretty much the same. There is one bush that has just started flowering, he has no way of telling what kind of flowers they were but indicative of the season they're still very young. Tim takes a mental note of this as only flowering plant in sight for this trail. That along with this campsite they were headed too should keep him on track coming back this way.
As they approach the camp Tim realizes again at yet a very unfortunate time that he doesn't have any cash on him. "Geez," he says as he stops and looks at Sarah. "I don't have any cash. Just cards." He realizes perhaps a second too late how that sounded and started again, "But don't worry, I can just sleep on the ground next to the fire, I'll be okay."

She pulls out a small bill of money and waves it in front of Tim. "Here you can use this to get a sleeping bag that way you are at least cofortable."

Tim sheepishly reaches out and takes the money. "Thanks again," hey says continuing on to the tent. "I'll find away to pay you back before we leave, I promise." As they reach the tent a short guy with a receding hair line is just crawling out of it.
"Hey there!" Tim says as the guy looks at them a little confused.
"Hey, can I help you," he says back.
"Yeah, actually my friend here says you have an extra sleeping bag. I kinda sorta forgot mine," Tim says with another sheepish look.
"Oh sure, I was hoping to sell it off. Whatcha got?" The guy asks matter of factly
Tim looks back at Sarah, "I'm sorry, I have no idea how much this is actually worth I'm not from here."

A smiles at him as he sheepishly talks with the man and she laughs when he says he did not know how much it is. "Just give him the money."

"Okay," he shrugs, turns back to the man and hands him the bill. "I got that, whatever that is."
The guy laughs as he takes the money and hands Tim the roll, "They didn't have any events like this in America?"
"I don't know really," Tim says. "I'm actually in the country on other business and decided to stop by here and check it out. But thanks for the bag, you have yourself a good day." Tim says and he turns away and returns to Sarah who's standing a couple feet away. "Object secure." Tim says tucking the roll under his arm miming a soldier, trying to get another laugh out of Sarah. "Well now that I have this, and the tents up what do you want to do?" He asks playfully as they walk back past the flowering bush.

Name: Sam Rangel
Apperance: Black short trimmed hair, gold brown eyes, 5'9", 180 lbs.

Clothing worn-
Upper body: Black T worn under a black hoodie.
Lower Body: Blue jeans, a belt, and sneakers.

Stats:

Strength: B
Toughness: B-
Endurance: C+
Speed: D
Intelligence: A+

Skills:

First aid: D+
Driving car (automatic): D
Driving car (standard): D+
Driving motorcycle: F-
Physical Fitness : B-
Computer software/hardware knowledge: A+
Weapon: Handgun: B
Weapon: Rifle: A+
Weapon: Knife: D
Hand to Hand: B-
Spanish Language: F-
Long distance running: C+

Inventory: 9 mil, pack of gum, pencils, bowie knife.

Biography: Sam is a typical redneck. He's playful, hard headed. He learned how to hunt and shoot through family. But there's a twist. He's smart. Though not physically fit, he uses his brains and great accuracy skills to hunt. His favorite weapon is the Remington 700.

Rob hugged back briefly before Christina bounded away once more to greet Jim. He gathered himself after that welcome assault and turned to Jim to answer his question that he had posed before Christina had arrived.
"I'm doing alright really. Same old, same old to be honest. This year's been fairly straightforward, and I'm getting on with everyone well I guess. There's not much to tell. Well, I mean, there's too much to tell, and that's why there's not much... if that makes sense." Rob chuckled, and sipped his coffee again; lukewarm, perfect. "And hey Christina. Good to see you; you're looking as well as ever. How've things been for you?"

"Oh sweet mother of God!" Jim said, startled when Christina came bounding in. He laughed heartily as he hugged her back. "That's good to hear, Rob. And jeez, Christina, coming out of nowhere like a bat out of Hell isn't good for my heart." The latter comment he said with pronounced sarcasm as he stuck his tongue out slightly at Christina. "All things aside, though, it's nice to see you." He took a quick sip of his hot chocolate and a bite of one of his scones. "I'd ask how you're doing, but Rob here beat me to the punch."