~ The Forest Of Falconim ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
*My Name Is Malthus And I Am Male"
"My Species? Well I Am A Long Eared Owl "
"Other Birds Consider Me To Be A good friend and a bad enemy.They say I am good, loyal, bright but with a bit of a split personality. When on the job I am apparently stern and formal, though with an occasionally wry pleasure in my job. Off duty however, I am often said to be very relaxed and accommodating, often up for a good time. But I have also been described as ruthless and unscrupulous towards not so much my enemies but rather the enemies of my flock."
"My Past Is My Life Story And You Are Here To Listen. I have always valued knowledge and learning, I know it is our future and the only real hope of our flock. As such I studied hard under the old head librarian from the time when I was a young hatchling until shortly before I reached adulthood. However, the old Librarian picked only a certain few to carry on training into full librarians, maybe replacing him someday. Not only were they the brightest but they tended to possess certain temperaments as well, that was where I fell down, apparently. But I was still young, fit and had enough brains to adapt. So, I became a soldier. Soldiering was easy enough once I had gotten into the mindset. Hunting was easy enough to, it came all too naturally. Leadership though, that took a little while longer. I got there in the end though but I got there by being devious. I didn't politically engineer my way up but I thought of new ways of fighting. I advocated avoiding conventional fights, why risk being clawed when you can drop a rotten corpse in their water hole? Why fight their best when you can kill their food? Why conquer their nest when you can set it on fire? This kind of fighting, whilst in no way honourable, was effective and eventually saw me appointed to high office. I am easily the most junior of the generals with the smallest command but by the moon I'll make good use of her! In the meantime I am currently putting my birds through their paces in the scorching rays of the sun. As the Falkon continue to emerge as our most likely threat I have resolved to fight them at their best. In the sweet embrace of our pale mother we have every advantage so they will come at us under the harsh and glaring sun. We must be ready to fight them there! "
"Anything Else...Well no, not for now at least.

Need two people to be in the Audox atleast and one mising bird for each flock.....unless someone is taken from the flock during the role play further one

Hmmm, I might be able to do two birds. Maybe one in Audox, but the missing bird sounds good, too.

Alright, then I'll reserve an Audox spot.

8392732681_3292d20817_z.jpg
*My Name Is Cres And I Am Female"
"My Species? Well I Am A Golden Eagle"
"Other Birds Consider Me To Be Strict, Cold, Calculating, and Demanding"
"My Past Is My Life Story And You Are Here To Listen. I am a General of the Audox flock. I claimed this spot by killing the last general, who disobeyed our leader's orders. I will do whatever it takes to carry out my mission and I expect the same of my soldiers. I flew with the Falkon flock for a bit, but I didn't like their style. I am usually in charge of camp defense and making sure soldiers are doing what they need to do."
"Anything Else...Well, I'm not sure that I approve of starting a war between the two flocks. I don't understand why we are doing it or what we get by them slaughtering each other. I may not have liked how the Falkon operated, but I don't really want to see them dead, either."​

(I'll take a General)

THIS IS AN ADOPTABLE CHARACTER- THE LEADER OF THE AUDOX FLOCK

martialeagle02-ontree.jpg
*My Name Is Jormungand And I Am Male"
"My Species? Well, I Am A Martial Eagle." (http://listverse.com/2010/04/21/top-10-formidable-birds-of-prey/)
"Other Birds Consider Me To Be Aggressive, Cruel, Murderous, Cunning, Ambitious, And Above All; Strong. The forest will be mine."
"My Past Is My Life Story And You Are Here To Listen. My name means 'World Snake', as that is what was told to me. I will devour all those who oppose me. Envek's leadership is soft and the Striga are the no different. I will show them what true strength is when I gorge on their entrails!"
"Anything Else...Well, I will do whatever it takes to get what I want."

red-tailed_hawk.jpg

Hello, my name is General Quyen and I am female.

I am a red-tailed hawk for the Falkon.

The others view me to be a bit unapproachable, for I prefer solitude and thoughtful study over their antics. I was chosen for my intellect and sense of honor, as well as my ability to survive any battle.

My past is rather unremarkable, really. My radio collar fell off long ago, and that's the last I think of the humans. While I protect the flock, my mate stays home with the chicks. He doesn't seem to mind the arrangement.

hkrdtal2.jpg

My name is Gauvain and I am male.

My Species? I am a red-tailed hawk, and I fly with the Falkon.

Other birds consider me to be laid-back and agreeable. I enjoy staying with the flock, though it can get tedious sitting with the children all day. I most enjoy hunting for our dinner.

My past is the same as most birds – after the humans released us, I joined the flock, and here I stay. My ankle bracelet lights up and beeps every so often, but it's becoming a rare occurrence.

*My Name Is Augustus And I Am Male"
"My Species? Well I Am A Common Barn Owl "

"Other Birds Consider Me To Be more than a tad enthusiastic, well about some thing's any way. Hunting never interested me nor did fighting with other birds or even giving orders. But knowledge! Now that excites me. I fail to see how learning of any stripe could ever bore anyone! I am happy when secluded amongst knowledge and the knowledgeable but I am ecstatic when discovering new things for myself. Beyond this I have been described as a happy and generous enough bird, all be it with a tendency to fixate on one thing at a time to the cost of all other things. Similarly it has been said that I'm not the bravest nor the boldest but I do possess a strong moral core and I won't put up with any unjust brutality. Or at least I won't put up with it until someone hits me hard enough."
"My Past Is My Life Story And You Are Here To Listen. Damn it all what happened! One moment I was attempting to discover the secrets of cultivating moss the next everything was dark and very loud. Next thing I knew I was surrounded by all of these great birds, night and day dweller alike! All of them looking very, very angry. But I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm one of the assistant librarians for the Striga but I'm a rare thing amongst them. I'm a researcher! I don't just gather knowledge I make new knowledge. I try to focus on things of practical value to the flock, right now I'm trying to make it so we don't have to hunt so much and so winters and blights hurt us less. You see food is an unreliable thing, it has a habit of running out or hiding. I'm trying to fix that through a process I have called farming! I was going to name it after myself but Augusting just doesn't have the same ring to it. I reckon that if we learnt how to make the food the stuff we eat, eats, then we can look after them and boost their numbers, maybe even keep them in a confined space so we can just fly over when we need ot eat instead of waste all that time hunting. We might even be able to keep their numbers to a level we want! It's a grand idea I know and hard to pull off but I'm confident I can do it! I was working out how to grow moss and even nuts, in the hope of feeding small rodents when I was suddenly grabbed. I'll admit I'm scared and I want to go home so very badly. But when I stop to think, when my reason triumphs over my fear, I want to save my research even more."
"Anything Else...Well did I mention I am genius? All be it with a slight deficit in common sense..... and a lack of modesty."

It seemed we were a tad low on the owl count, and the abducted bird count so I thought I would try even the score on both those odds.

Great job! That looks interesting..

Are all males conscripted into service? Cause Gauvain doesn't seem like a good soldier to me xP
Plus, he's got kids to worry about, unless there are babysitters around.

[MENTION=5112]Doncaster[/MENTION] Is Augustus a kidnapped bird from the Striga?

[MENTION=4590]Koene[/MENTION] Is Guavain not a soldier then? It would be helpful to specify this in the other section...is he a civilian?

Ah yes, sorry DandyLoops123 I thought his history hinted at that heavily enough. For the avoidance of doubt yes he is a kidnapped bird from the Striga. I thought I would help try and fill the quotas, plus he's an interesting concept. But yes, he is a kidnapped Striga.

Well, I thought the 'staying home with the chicks' hinted at it, but yeah, he's a civilian - and probably a prime target for kidnapping :D

Awwww, the chicks will have no dadda......Well, I'm not looking after them, so call a chicksitter! Envek doesn't do chick-sitting. Obviously, niether does Cres.

Reactions: Koene
Status
Not open for further replies.