The Fae & The Elf

C

Cammeh

Original poster
<div class="post" style="font-family: Courrier New,verdana,serif; color: #FFFFFF; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> [Elspeth Earthhealer enters.] <span class="time">-10:51 Jan 01</span></div>
<div class="post" style="font-family: Verdana,verdana,serif; color: #CCFFFF; background-color: #0;"><span class="username"> </span> <p class=ngm>It's early morning in the wooded glade. The morning light has just begun to lift the darkness and the sounds of the night have finally bedded themselves. In a few moments, birds would begin to rouse themselves for the day, but currently there was no sound but the rippling of the nearby spring. <span class="time">-Xylia</span></div>
<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> Xylia was already busy early in the morning, collecting dew from the flowers in a small pitcher plant. It was almost time for breakfast. <span class="time">-10:55 Jan 01</span></div>
<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer was sleeping in a tree near this spring. She had been weary with travel early that night before so she sought shelter. Being a night elf, she found it easy to be one with nature. She yawned as the first trickles of light poked through the foliage of her tree. She smiled to herself as she smelled the forest waking up. She climbed out of the tree so quite, it was like it had just been a mouse skittering across the grass. She looked at herself. Her marble white skin seemed unharmed, but maybe a few scratches. Her straight white hair fell gracefully to her waist, and she wore the simplest of armors, which only enhanced her beauty, not take away from it. She made sure she still had her daggers and her bow and arrows. And she started walking with light steps to the spring.]</font> <span class="time">-11:04 Jan 01</span></div>
<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Xylia paused in her work. Mouse? That didn't seem right. She looked around curiously for what had caused the sound. Her simple shift dulled in its glow as she blended in to the foliage of the trees. She fluttered her butterfly-soft wings until she just hovered over the ground. This way, she moved completely silent as she searched for the source of the noise.]</font> <span class="time">-11:12 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer got to the spring and smiled. She knelt down, cupping her hands, and dipped her hands into the water, taking it to her lips and sipped it quietly. The water was rejuvenating to her, and it's coolness woke her completely as it passed her lips. Elspeth saw water as the center of life. For all living things needed it. One could not live without some kind of liquid within them. So to her, water was the best drink out there. No ale or cider could match it.]</font> <span class="time">-11:20 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Xylia Xylia watched her carefully, and smiled. Ah, an elf. She watched her curiously as she tasted the spring, smiling to herself. She was very proud of her spring. She tended it every day and kept it clean and full of life. As Elspeth drank, Xylia approached silently, curious of her clothing. She had never seen such before.]</font> <span class="time">-11:32 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer could feel a presence behind her, but didn't move. Nothing here could harm her that she knew of and plus she didn't mind the company. She had been separated from her clan, and had been traveling as a loner since. She was hoping that she wasn't reading the presence wrong, though she rarely did. She turned her head a bit and let her shining golden eyes look up to the treetops. A small wind pressed its self against her, her hair flowing softly in the wind.]</font> <span class="time">-11:43 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> As she turned, Xylia ducked her head into view, smiling. &quot;Hello. Who are you? How do you like my spring?&quot; <span class="time">-11:45 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer didn't act surprised. Not in the least. She smiled back and blinked a few times before responding. &quot;My name is Elspeth madam, and I find your spring water to be absolutely divine. May I ask though, who you are?&quot;]</font> <span class="time">-11:52 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Xylia giggled and alighted softly on the grass next to her, her wings slowing to a stop. &quot;Thank you! I'm Xylia, and I care for this glade. I don't get very many visitors here, especially elves.&quot; She sat herself down on the grass, looking at Elspeth expectantly as she set her leaf pitcher next to her, still full of dew.]</font> <span class="time">-11:58 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Elspeth Earthhealer: </span> &quot;I find it wonderful that you care for this place. I'm sorry I slept here without your permission. But I was weary with travel... And I needed rest.&quot; She smiled a bit and then looked back to the spring. &quot;This looks like a wonderful home.&quot; a small look of sadness creeps upon her face. &quot;Peaceful and calm. How long have you resided here?&quot; <span class="time">-12:04 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;Oh, I don't know. A long time. The days just sort of run together. I don't mind that you rested here, as long as you don't harm my friends,&quot; she assured her. Hopping up onto her feet suddenly using her wings, she smiled brightly. &quot;Would you like some breakfast? I don't eat much usually, but I can make you something to eat!&quot; <span class="time">-12:09 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer smiled. &quot;i would love that&quot; She got up so she could follow Xylia. She stretched out and smiled. Signaling that she was ready to follow her.]</font> <span class="time">-12:12 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Xylia happily dashed off, quickly recovering a leaf-formed basket. She gathered up some berries, mushrooms and herbs, as well as politely asking the bees for a piece of their honeycomb. All the ingredients gathered, she led Elspeth to a small clearing, where a large toadstool was surrounded by four smaller ones. Xylia perched herself upon one of the smaller toadstools, spreading the items in front of her on the larger toadstool which served as a table. Humming to herself, she separated the berries from their seeds, tore the mushrooms into strips, and crushed the herbs. Finally, she mixed the them together with some nectar. She poured the mix into a large acorn cup, and handed it to her guest with a roughly hewn wooden spoon. Dashing back to the spring, she returned with her abandoned pitcher and poured some of the cool morning dew into a smaller acorn cup. &quot;I hope you enjoy it.&quot;]</font> <span class="time">-12:23 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer smiled as she watched it all happen. She sat down on one of the smaller toad stools across from Xylia. &quot;thank you.&quot; she took the cup and spoon and took a bite. Her eyes widened and a smile plastered its self on her face. &quot;my goodness. this is really good! I can tell just from this that your forest is really healthy!&quot; She smiled more. &quot;You seem to like visitors, though most wood fae that take care of the forest try to push away from society as a whole. Why is that may I ask?&quot;]</font> <span class="time">-12:33 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;Visitors can be...destructive...&quot; she said quietly. &quot;We live and die by our forests, so we have no real need for others. And when man began to spread...&quot; She shook her head. &quot;Very long ago, I had to flee my home many times, and abandon my forests. I am very far now, from where I was born.&quot; <span class="time">-12:37 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Elspeth Earthhealer: </span> at this Elspeth frowns. She knew of the horrors of humans. She had witnessed it first hand. &quot;They take anything beautiful.. and destroy it. Like it's nothing. And though I would rather not lower myself to their level. Sometimes I wish I can show them just how wrong the things they do are!&quot; <span class="time">-12:41 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;Not all are evil. Once, there was a king who desired to capture me. They had a mage who bound me and cut me off from the forest. I was sure I would die before they even made it from the forest. But one of the humans, he took pity on me. He understood how I was connected to the land. He helped me to escape, and brought me far, far from the reach of man. And here I have been ever since. Most faeries would never trust any creature ever again, but that one human, well...&quot; She shrugged and sipped some of the dew from her own cup. <span class="time">-12:47 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Elspeth Earthhealer: </span> She understood this too.. She had seen human kindness. She had recieved it a few times as well. But still the story surprised her a bit. &quot;that sounds like an adventure that would not be worth repeating. How did you break the spell the mage had cast on you?&quot; <span class="time">-12:51 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;There was a fight...between the human and another, and the mage. I don't remember how, but the human freed me. I couldn't have done it myself.&quot; She regarded Elspeth. &quot;Elves do not stay solitary for long. Are you traveling somewhere?&quot; she wondered. <span class="time">-12:54 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer frowns even more. She had been trying to avoid this part of the conversation. but she couldn't really dodge it without being obvious about it. She sighed and looked Xylia in the eye. &quot;There is nowhere for me to go.. i've been traveling for years.. and have been named an outcast of my people..&quot; there was obviously more to the story. but she refused to give more than she needed to..]</font> <span class="time">-01:02 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Xylia looked alarmed. &quot;But why?!&quot; she blurted out. &quot;I'm sorry. That's awful!&quot; She really had no clue what to say in response.]</font> <span class="time">-01:12 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Elspeth Earthhealer: </span> she gave a disgusted look at the ground next to her. &quot;i was framed for a crime i didn't do. And even though i had a perfectly good alibi.. all the clues pointed to me as the one who commited the crime.&quot; She gripped the acorn cup so hard that it was making her hands shake. &quot;The elders would hear nothing I said. Wouldn't believe any words from a 'traitor' like me.&quot; the word traitor came off her lips like venom. <span class="time">-01:16 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> Xylia looked with concern at the cup in Elspeth's hand and gently rested her own hand lightly on the elf's. &quot;I'm sorry...it must have been terrible for you to go through...&quot; she commiserated. &quot;I know how much elves depend on their society...&quot; She shook her head sadly, as her tendrils flowered with delicate, drooping lilies. They opened to give out a faint, calming scent. <span class="time">-01:27 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Elspeth Earthhealer: </span> her grip on the cup lightened the instant Xylia touched her hands. A sweet sadness replaced the anger that had been there. &quot;It has been so hard.. so increadibly hard. And my species of elf are dying out. Our woman are not as fertile as they once were. And we weren't very fertile to begin with. Our birthing processes have been getting more and more difficult, and so more often then not, the mothers die giving birth.&quot; she sighed. &quot;So.. I have not found another clan to join. In all the years I've traveled. My race might be dying out... There used to be so many of us.&quot; <span class="time">-01:45 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;So what will you do?&quot; Xylia wondered anxiously. She sort of understood Elspeth's predicament. If her trees were poisoned and began to die out, the faeries would die off as well. &quot;Will you keep searching for another clan?&quot; <span class="time">-01:51 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Elspeth Earthhealer: </span> &quot;i don't know.... i just.. don't know anymore. As my eyes indicate, i was born for great things.. but... i just don't know anymore..&quot; She looks down at her food that she had been neglecting all this time, seeming to mull over things. <span class="time">-01:55 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;I think you need to rest...&quot; Xylia advised, nudging the bowl towards her again. &quot;You can rest here for as long as you need...&quot; <span class="time">-01:58 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer looked to Xylia with such a greatful expression. &quot;thank you. So much. You know.. you don't have to. It's not like you owe me anything.&quot; She smiled a bit and continued to munch on the wild salad Xylia had made for her.]</font> <span class="time">-02:02 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;But you need it. I care for everything in my glade. Including visitors like yourself. Your peace here is my peace as well,&quot; she explained, smiling as Elspeth began to eat again. Her flowers morphed into bright morning glories, content now. <span class="time">-02:08 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Elspeth Earthhealer: </span> this time Elspeth noticed the change in flowers. That was interesting. She wondered what it meant. But she kept eating and didn't ask. She didn't want to ask anyting to personal. She was already weary of the personal things already said. <span class="time">-02:11 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> &quot;I'll leave you to finish eating and to rest. I can sense you're tired, and I have things to take care of. If you need to find me, just knock on one of the trees, and I'll hear you,&quot; she explained, fluttering up from her seat. She picked a flower from her hair and handed it to the elf with a smile before flitting away into the trees. <span class="time">-02:24 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #AC82C0; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username"> </span> <font size=2>[Elspeth Earthhealer chuckles a bit as she looked at the flower that was handed to her. it was pretty. and it smelled good. So she put it in her hair. She finished the rest of her salad and then stood up and looked around for a good tree to climb into and get more rest. There was a tree where it's branches were so heavy that there was a cradle not but 3 feet from the ground. She smiled as she walked over to it and decided that it would be a good place to try and nap in.]</font> <span class="time">-02:31 Jan 01</span></div>

<div class="post" style="font-family: verdana,verdana,serif; color: #FFFF7E; background-color: #000000;"><span class="username">Xylia: </span> Xylia skipped off through the glade, waking up the flowers and checking on the birds and other creatures, making sure all was well. She sat and visited with a squirrel mother whose little ones had just left the burrow and was feeling lonely. She eventually ended up back at the spring. This was her favourite part of the day. Flying up quite high, she dove in with a happy little splash, diving down and getting the water below moving. <span class="time">-02:46 Jan 01</span></div>

Elspeth found sleep with ease. It seemed to come to her like a wonderous place to be. This quite wilderness, which seemed to encompass her in it grasp and welcome her as one of it's own. It felt so easy to just let the birds sing her to sleep, and dream of the wonderful things in life rather than those horrible nightmares she would get on occasion.

As she lay there in her sleep, she smiled, and giggled, talking on and off. As if she were only halfway to the dream world. But she was in it all right. Because the things she was dreaming about were of her past. A past she knew she could never have again. And that's when the dream started changing into something horrible.

Xylia pulled herself out of the water and shook herself off a bit, settling herself on a soft piece of turf to sun herself before continuing with her work. The sun was warm and there was almost no breeze today. Curling up, she closed her eyes and focused herself on soaking up energy. Now was time to feed herself. Eventually, the sun had her dozing off herself.

The dreams got worse and worse, until they spilled into nightmares of death and sorrow, making her giggles and happy murmurs into moans and scared cries. She dreamed of watching those she loved dissappear and die before her eyes, her city burning and in shambles, her love interest looking at her like she was the scum of the world. Tears were falling both in dream and reality, and no matter how hard she pulled she couldn't get out of the nightmares. No matter which way she tried to direct them.

Elspeth thrashed in her branch bed. She cried out louder in her sleep talk. It was evident she wanted out. Her memories taking over and throwing her into a deep sorrow. In the wake of which more wounds would open, or reopen. Until finally, her eyes flew open with a blood curtling scream to the real world. The dream had brought her back to her trial, but the outcome had been different. She was sentenced to death by the hand of her own brother. She woke just before the sword struck her chest, but she still had felt it, even in the real world. Reality and dream mixing. She layed in her net of braches, a leafy mess, crying, and as unrested as ever.

Connected to the rest of the forest and the creatures in it, Xylia couldn't help but feel some of what Elspeth was dreaming. As her dreams got more intense, so did the vague, sick and disquiet feeling Xylia was feeling. She finally roused herself the instant before Elspeth screamed. By the time the sound ripped through the air, Xylia was streaking through the forest towards her. She effortlessly hopped into the nest with her and wrapped herself around the elf, trying to comfort her. Sprays of lavender not only sprouted from her tendrils, but soon began to flower from the branches themselves. She didn't say anything, just held her and wiped her tears, smoothing her hair and murmuring to her. What could she say, really? That everything would be alright? She knew it wouldn't. All she could say was what she was already showing her.

That she wasn't alone.

Elspeth's finger's clutched at Xylia. Her tears making her shake uncontrolably, Xylia was the only certain thing in her mind at the moment. She was the only thing she knew was real. Elspeth was taking rattling breaths, some short and stopped, some long gasps for air. Nothing felt right inside of her. It was like she was gasping for air as a dying animal would.

She tried to gather herself as the smell of lavender entered her nostrils. Even if she was used to nightmares, these had been amplified, something had happened to make them so much more worse than normal. But she couldn't put a finger on as to why that was. She blinked away tears as she started to steady her breath, and the birds started to sing again.

"I... I'm sorry," she sniffled, "It's.. been a while... since I've had such... nightmares... no... they aren't even that.. they were rememberances... reformed into nightmares." She shivered again and drew closer to Xylia. "Why... " and then she started mumbling incoherently.. looking like she was looking at Xylia, but not really.

"Shhhh...you're safe here..." Xylia finally murmured, nuzzling into her. "Relax and rest; the answers will come to you. In time..." she assured her. No, these weren't dreams. They were too intense, too deeply felt to be dreams. But they weren't Xylia's to tell. She hummed and rocked Elspeth as they lay in the nest, hugging each other closely. A few of the animals came over to investigate, quietly and reverently peering in to see what was keeping their caretaker so occupied today. They didn't intrude, and were just as quickly gone, only to be replaced by a few other sentinels. A few birds sang sweet, lilting songs, now that the danger seemed past.

Finally, a raccoon arrived with something in its paws for Xylia. She had bidden him to fetch her some dew from the pitcher for Elspeth. Nodding her thanks, she pressed the cup into the elf's hands and guided it to her lips.

Letting Xylia's voice sink into her, Elspeth did indead relax. She let her help with drinking. The dew was seemingly sweeter than normal water, a flowery taste. It tingled in her stomach, and she pushed away slightly, careful not to spill any when she'd had enough. She gave a small smile, she could feel reality turning back to normal. She breathed in and took a sighing breath out. "thank you... for being here... really i mean it.." She was blushing lightly. No one had ever seen her in one of her episodes. But even though it was kind of embarassing, it felt as if it was okay that Xylia was the one who'd seen.

"It's okay, don't worry about it..." Xylia answered, sensing her embarrassment. She set the cup in the crook of a branch and settled back down with her, deciding to stay with her awhile to make sure she was really okay. The breeze started to blow a bit, and the nest rocked gently again. Xylia hummed softly to herself; she wasn't going to start a conversation if Elspeth didn't want one. A couple of squirrels came up to entertain them and help keep them company. They scampered around the edges of the nest, playing chase with each other and chattering happily. A young bird flitted into the nest and settled on Xylia's leg, twittering at her and practicing its song. Xylia sang along with it to help it learn the notes. It wasn't quite there yet, but the effort was very cute.

Elspeth leaned into Xylia. She loved her warmth, the comfort she seemed to emminate. She breathed her in as if she herself were a flower. Calm seemed to rush over her as she heard the squirels play. She stopped herself from laughing when she heard Xylia teaching the little bird it's song, finding herself singing as well. She smiled a bit more, looking up at Xylia, wanting to meet her eyes.

"You know... life is a funny thing. You live it, and try to forget it, but things always come back, they never leave. Like the seasons, memories fade, but with the passage of time, they will show themselves again. I guess... I've stunted these memories for too long...." She was shaking again, but she refused to looke away from Xylia's eyes. "The scariest thing.... is when reality becomes a twisted nightmare. Xylia, I've lived in solitude to long.... far.. far to long.. and it's hurting me.. This was the evidence.."

Xylia turned her full attention to Elspeth when she started talking, nodding at what she said. Sitting up, she cradled the elf's head in her lap, running her fingers along her long hair. "When I invited you to stay and rest for as long as you needed to, I meant it. I have known elves; you are not solitary creatures like we are. You need others. You are far more than simply weary of your travels, you are weary of your solitude. But in that desert, you have found an oasis here," she explained. "It is hurting you. Stay with me, and heal yourself. As much as I am content here, I lack a protector. I have seen my weaknesses, my vulnerability. I cannot protect myself from those who would seek to kill me; I can only hide. Maybe, at least for a while, we can help each other."

Elspeth thought on this for a moment, and froze kind of. Loving the feeling of Xylia's hands in her hair, and the smell of nature around her. But she kept looking into Xylia's eyes. And something told her in the back of her mind that something more would come out of this meeting. And then the words just kind of spilled out of her mouth. Before she could even guard them, or stop them, they slipped through like a wet snake. "I have a feeling... that I might never leave you, if I decide to stay today."

Her eye's widened in surprise, her hands covering her mouth in seconds. Why would she say something like that. She knew she shouldn't stay. It wasn't her home to make. But, whenever she looked at Xylia, she felt at home. It was weird, unexplainable, and she couldn't help but wish the words she'd just said would come true. That she would find a reason to stay there for a long, long time.

"I won't force you to stay, if that's what you're worried about. I can't force you anything. Whether you choose to stay or leave, you're forever welcome here," Xylia answered with an easy smile. "I can tell you want to stay, that you want to have someone to be with. It's what you've wanted for so long. And while I don't require companionship, I have known it, and it is something that I enjoy very much."

Xylia looked into the elf's pale eyes and smiled, running her fingers through the elf's hair again.

"Elspeth, please stay with me..."

Shocked tears started to fall, happiness coarsing through her. Life was turning completely upside down in just moments. Her head was swimming in itself. She reached up and over and took Xylia's hand. Shaking just a little bit. "I.. could never say no, from the start. Xylia... I think I'm destined to... have been found by you. And I want to make the journey as to figuring out the reason why."

Her golden eyes seemed to shine brighter than they already did. She sat herself up and sat to the side of Xylia, facing her. She wrapped her arms around her and hugged her close. "Thank you... so much Xylia... I'll do my best to help you"

Xylia hugged her happily, her wings humming excitedly behind her, sending a happy vibration through the both of them. The birds with them broke into song as well, as the tree burst forth in beautiful white flowers. "I'm so happy. I know this will be wonderful!" she gushed.

"We'll have to make you a proper place to stay, and things like that. I know the trees will gladly help us! Some of them have very good root systems that we could build you a place out of, and I can help grow anything we'll need..." she yammered on, too excited to really know what to do with herself. It really had been a while since she had company, much less company that would stay for awhile. And while she had no need for housing or the like, she knew her new elf friend could not properly live out in the open like she did. And creating dwellings was fun! She helped the creatures do it all the time, and building larger ones was not really so much more difficult. It was a fun challenge, really. Even as she sat curled up in the nest, still hugging Elspeth, she was already outlining what kind of home they would build for her, and how they would form it.

Elspeth chuckled and cuddled up to Xylia, "you don't need to.." but she kept on getting cut of, every time she tried to say something along those lines. Xylia, seemed to be in her own world, excited. She waited a bit, waited for her to finish. "I'm... just glad to have a place to call home for now... even if it isn't permanent. And i know that there might come a time where i'll have to leave.. but I'll tell you right now, that it will be hard for me to do." she was whispering, and she didn't even know if Xylia was hearing her over the excited twitters of the birds, but she was letting things spill, and she didn't care she was doing it.

Elspeth looked around her and then at Xylia, "You know.. you make everything around you, a little brighter, when you smile, and get happy. Things thrumb with life." She looks at the flowers and picks one. Holding it in her hand before them. "Everything, seems to bloom just for you." She smiled sweetly, "it's wonderful."

Xylia giggled and nuzzled Elspeth happily. "The forest is, hm, sort of part of me. I am connected to it, and it's connected to me. We sustain each other, and depend on each other..." she paused and thought about that, then reached to hold the flower with her. "Like us now, I guess," she said more softly. "I know you may leave one day, but while you're here, I want you to be comfortable. And since a dwelling here is part of the forest, it can be reabsorbed," she explained, then let the matter drop for now. She focused on snuggling with Elspeth instead. That was more fun. Elspeth had a different smell; more earthy than flowery like her. She liked it.

Laying back down in the nest with her elf, Xylia blew a bit of air to encourage the breeze to rock them a bit more as they cuddled and relaxed together, just enjoying each other's company.

Elspeth lay in comfort next to Xylia. Humming with the birds. Slowly, her breath became slower, even. Her eyes, fluttered closed more often then open, until the sound of Xylia's heart seemed to lull her to sleep. She clung to the woman as if she were a safety net. Something that could save her from herself. She had pleasant dreams.

Dreams of nonsensical, lovely things. Nothing to do with memories or anything of the sort. Just pleasant dreams. And this was good for her. She seemed to relax in Xylia's arms. her breath nice and even.

Xylia smiled as she felt Elspeth relaxing. Perfect. Just what was needed. As she lay there, providing company for her new friend, Xylia reached out to the rest of the forest, checking to make sure everything was as it should be. There were a few things that would have to be left unattended today, but they were minor, and she would focus on them first tomorrow. As she lay, she thought of the things she could do to help Elspeth be more comfortable, she thought of the layout of the dwelling, she thought of which trees would be most suitable...

She thought, she thought, she thought, until Xylia thought herself to sleep as well, lulled by the even breaths of the one beside her. She dozed off to sleep, her head tucked up under the elf's chin and her arm draped across her stomach, snuggled up happily.

Elspeths eyes opened to the warmth of noon air. Finding that Xylia was still laying with her, and was in fact asleep. She blushed lightly, and didn't dare move. She watched Xylia's peacful sleeping face, and a smile fell upon her lips. She couldn't help but think of this woman anything other than beautiful. She lay there and listened to the chirps and chitters, comfortable in the branches as they swayed.

She was happier than she'd ever been in a long time. She knew it too. But she'd never expected the reason to be a woman, let alone a woodland fae. She smiled more. Life was turning out to be interesting.