The Fae & The Elf

Xylia soon began to stir, nuzzling Elspeth under her chin and hugging her a bit more to herself before opening her eyes to smile up at the elf. "Did you have a good sleep?" she asked, her own voice still sounding airy with sleep. Her hair had fallen into her eyes a bit and she pushed it back as she sat up and stretched. "Oh my, we did sleep for a while, hm? Are you hungry at all?" she wondered, blushing a bit when she felt Elspeth had been watching her sleep.

"It's okay that we slept so long" Elspeth smiled, "we obviously needed the rest. It feels good to be completely rested." She was still laying back in the branches, though she hated that Xylia's warmth was gone from her. She looked at her, with slight curiosity. Was that a blush she was seeing? She looked absolutely adorible, her hair a slight mess, and a blush on her face. Xylia seemed to be watching her, and Elspeth smiled more. "You know, now that I think about it.. I could use something to eat." She sat up slowly, facing Xylia. "But, food really isn't what is on my mind right now.."

Xylia looked a bit confused by that statement. How could someone want to eat but not want food? She was aware of Elspeth's eyes on her, though, and the emotion she was getting from her was unfamiliar, but it did serve to make her blush harder, fidgeting a bit with a tendril in her hair. "I, um, don't really understand..." she confessed, looking at Elspeth with wide, bright green eyes. Wow, she was really close now that she was sitting up...

Elspeth's hand reaches for Xylia's cheek and caresses it lightly, a smile and a blush falling upon her face. "Xylia... has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" she tilts her head a bit, as if to examine her from a different angle. "You have so much life in you, so much that the inner beauty, seems to match or overpower the outer beauty you have." Her thumb rubbed Xylia's cheek tenderly. She looked into her eyes, scared to move closer, but didn't want to move away. So she leaned in a bit more, hoping Xylia wouldn't just fly off and leave her there..

"It...it does? I do?" A shiver went down her spine when Elspeth touched her cheek, and she leaned into it, closing her eyes and smiling. It was such a nice touch, and she wanted more of it. Hearing that just made her so happy, and warm. "Thank you..." she murmured, snuggling up closer to Elspeth again. "I don't have too much experience with other people, but I really like you. I've never really felt connected to anybody before. It feels funny, but I like it a lot..." She felt herself relaxing against Elspeth, just enjoying feeling her energy. She got so caught up in it, she just wanted to stay there all day.

"You have such a nice energy," she told her. "It means you have a good heart, a good spirit..."

Elspeth smiles a great big smile. "I don't really have that much experience, when it comes to this feeling really.. But if you are willing to explore it with me, then shall we take it in stride?" She nuzzled Xylia's head and chuckled lightly. She wrapped her arms around Xylia's waist, her heart beating faster and faster.

"Really? That's good." she responded to the comment on her being a good spirit. "And here I was worrying about being a horrible and evil being.." she blushed and laughed it off like it was nothing. "Thank you for telling me Xylia." She hugged her tighter, taking a deep breath. She sat there with Xylia practically in her lap, she felt like she was in a sort of heaven. She didn't want this moment to end.

Xylia fluttered her wings happily, returning the hug before looking up at Elspeth again. "So, what should we do now?" she wondered. As much as she wanted to just snuggle with Elspeth all day, they really couldn't stay in the nest forever. She wondered what else there was to this...being connected. Did they have to touch all the time? That would be awkward trying to do things. No, that would be impractical. Xylia twirled one of her tendrils again as she thought.

"Are you still hungry for lunch?" she asked again, not really sure if the question had been answered or not. She had gotten confused with the last response on that topic. She started to think about what she could make for Elspeth to eat. There were wild, sweet onions somewhere, and she could make fire, though she was very careful with it. Maybe something hot. She remembered that many other races used fire a lot and ate hot meals. But they also ate a lot of meat as well... hm, that might be a problem if Elspeth liked meat. They very well couldn't hunt the animals! But, maybe if they were old...they would die anyway and then it wouldn't be so bad... the thought still bothered Xylia. She decided that if it came to meat, she'd let Elspeth have the old animals, and she'd let the elf cook it too.

All the while she was carried away with her thinking, Xylia had squirmed her way into Elspeth's lap, trying to find a more comfortable position, and still twirling her tendrils. They were still covered in the gentle blossoms from earlier, and if Elspeth looked closely, it would look as if the flowers themselves were breathing as they waxed and waned in their movements.

"Well.. i guess you have some work to do around the forest... right.. So... " she paused.. she didn't finish cause she didn't want to. And when Xylia asked if she was hungry, she chuckled, "A little, but it can wait." Xylia seemed to be in thought, which made Elspeth smile, cause she could tell that Xylia was thinking about her, and what to do. Elspeth smelled something sweet coming off of Xyila, and noticed that she was now in her lap. She blushed lightly and looked at the flowers in the spirit's hair. Not that spirit is quite the right word for what Xylia is, for she is more than that.

"What... kind of flower are these Xylia? The ones in the nest and in your hair?" She wanted to start a conversation of some sort. The silence was awkward even if it wasn't complete silence because of forest noises. She placed her chin on Xylia's shoulder and smiled at her, wanting to hear the answer. She had wrapped her arms around Xylia's waist and was now pulling her as close to herself as she could.

The question roused her from her thoughts, and she was suddenly aware of where she was sitting, and Elspeth's arms around her. She blushed and rested her arms over the elf's and snuggled in closer as well. "Well, they're cherry blossoms. They seemed appropriate. They're a very happy, loving flower..." she explained, idly plucking one from the nest. "And very soft. I like them; they fall like snow when they wilt..." She smelled the small, fragrant flower and twirled the stem between her fingers. The spinning petals caught the air and the flower left her hand, flying upwards a bit before falling gently towards the ground. She smiled and watched it until it was out of sight.

Elspeth smiled as Xylia explained the cherry blossums to her and how they had a certain feel to them. It was a good feeling to understand more about the flowers and about Xylia as well. She breathed in, taking in the scent of the flowers and smiled more. "These are good flowers for you. They match your warmth." She whispered, closing her eyes as she leaned on Xylia in comfort.

Xylia hummed happily and nuzzled Elspeth some more. She'd forgotten all about lunch again, and really, anything else except for the elf she was curled up with. The more she thought about her, and the kind of person she was like, the flowers in the nest began to change. Eventually, there were delicate-looking lilies with sharp and straight leaves blooming all around them. "Mmmm...these are your flowers..." she fairly purred, opening her eyes again. A warm shiver went down her spine again, overflowing with emotion. "...a beautiful, strong spirit..."

Elspeth smiled happily when she saw what Xylia was doing. And when she heard the reason for the change, her heart soared. She felt Xylia shiver and wrapped herself a little tighter around her. She thought a moment and then smiled to herself. "Xylia, I hope you don't mind, and I'm sorry if this is rude but," She broke of and with ease shifted Xylia around in her lap and moved her arms so she could carry Xylia princess style. She carefully stood up and walked to the edge of the nest which lowered with their weight.

She hopped off carefully, trying not to jostle Xylia, and then she smiled at her. Pausing for a moment, only for a moment, to take in the look on her face and she giggled. The she looked forward again, and she started running through Xylia's forest, with Xyila in her arms. There was someplace she wanted to go with her, and she hoped that her memory would serve her well, as she ran through the undergrowth, and made sure she never harmed her friend.

Xylia squeaked a bit when Elspeth stood up with her, but she didn't question where they were going. She trusted Elspeth, and knew she didn't bear her any will. She actually giggled a little when the elf started to run; Xylia always loved speed, and her wings fluttered in anticipation as they raced through the forest. She held on around Elspeth's neck and faced forward, wanting to see where they were headed.

As she ran, the tree's started to thin a bit and then a bit more. And then, they burst into a clearing and Elspeth stopped. Putting Xylia down and smiling. "Here we are." She smiled, "It's prettier in the moon light but it's just as well with the sun out."

It was a little meadow within the forest, small and seemingly quiet. There were flowers everywhere and Elspeth spinned on her spot giggling a bit. "I'm sure you already knew of this place, but, still I wanted to show you. To see it with you. And now I know, that it's even more beautiful with you here." She blushed a bit and smiled at Xylia. She was slightly nervous, but she wasn't really sure why.

Xylia still had her arms around Elspeth's neck as she looked around the clearing. She didn't often come to this corner of the forest, as it was far from the spring, but she did love the beauty of it. It did seem more beautiful now. Maybe because Elspeth was here with her. She finally turned back to the elf with a smile. She was a bit shorter, but they were still almost nose to nose as they looked at each other. They were just so close...Xylia leaned up and kissed her on the lips. It was a very simple kiss, a bit clumsy, just pressing her mouth against Elspeth's, but it was all she could think to do right now. She looked at her again, eyes wide, wondering how she'd respond.

Elspeth had felt the pull of the kiss, just as Xylia had. It was sort of, like her body needed that kiss. She had closed her eyes, and her breath had ceased for that moment. When she opened her eyes, she looked so calm. Her eye's giving off a soft glow instead of their normal brightness. Things began to sink in slowly. Xylia, this beautiful creature who stood before her, had kissed her.

Slowly a look of slight surprise appeared across her face, and then she smiled, a huge smile and hugged Xylia close. She breathed, trying to get control of her emotions. When she finally did, she pulled back. "Are you sure... that you want this?" She was concerned, maybe even a little scared. And even as she said it, she hoped with all her heart that Xylia did. For she wanted to kiss her again and again. To make Xylia feel the same way that Xylia made her feel. But before she could do that, she had to know, if Xylia was truely ready for something like this.

Xylia nodded eagerly. She did want it. She wanted it with all her heart. She could feel that Elspeth was hesitant and unsure, though she couldn't understand why. She could feel that Elspeth's pulling back wasn't because she didn't want this. She was scared. She put her hands on either side of the elf's face and pulled her in again, pushing her lips against hers once more.

Elspeth pressed herself into the kiss, wrapping her hands around Xylia's waist and pulling her in, deepening the kiss. She breaks it and smiles at Xylia, reaching up and brushing a small tendril out of her face. "Xylia...I think... We are falling for eachother..." She blushed a bit and tilts her head. "I..is that okay to say? Or... am I jumping to conclusions?" She looked into Xylia's eyes trying to find the answer in them. She knew she was being kind of blunt. But she also wanted to know.

"Why would it be wrong to say?" Xylia asked, looking concerned. What else did she have to say? "Elspeth, I already feel connected to you. I can't get enough of your spirit, your scent, your touch. What more do I have to do? Stop doubting in your mind and listen to your heart. And do what it says..." she challenged her.

And then she waited, watching her expectantly.

Elspeth felt herself warm up inside. It was a fuzzy feeling, and she liked it. "Do what my heart says huh?" She smiled a bit and kissed Xylia again. This time it was a little more fiecely, like she was just starting, and when she broke it of, she hoped it left Xylia with the same feeling it left her. Wanting more. "Well... then I hope you are ready to be loved to the fullest." She declaired.

She picked her up, just off the ground and twirled with Xylia in her arms, giving her pecking kisses, first on her lips, then down her neck. Then Elspeth place Xylia back on the ground, but her dizziness got the better of her, and she ended up falling over, with Xylia. She had fallen backwards, so, Xylia was right on top of her. Elspeth's hair was splayed all over the ground of the meadow beneith her, as she looked up at her almost lover.