The facility.

Ai stumbled around a bit, before regaining balence. She looked around the facility, and saw people in test tubes. She even heard screaming at one point, and got closer to Alice, fearing that someone might catch them just wondering around the facility like it was nothing,

Alice held onto Ai tighter, "Don't worry. I'm right here." She said to her, whispering softly. Alice could here the screams too. There were always screams echoing through the facility. Some of them however seemed to be coming from outside of the rooms. Even the faint sound of a gun shot. Maybe someone got out of their room like Ai and her did. There was only one way to find out, keep going.

Fay turned around as she heard someone else speak behind her. She didn't know how to answer his question at first, to be honest she didn't know where to go! "I don't know..." She whispered trying to think of anywhere to they could go, "Do you know where to go...?" She asked not expecting him to know anywhere to escape to. She had only been there for a few months, she had tried to escape twice already, but she didn't know the facility well, she didn't know where to go. She was about to run again, and leave both of the men behind, but something strange happened when the workers reached them.

Fay felt shock and almost a relief flow through her as Caleb did something to the worker, killed him. She watched as he held the gun up to the other two workers, he didn't shoot them, she could tell that he had it in him, but instead he watched as they ran away. She watched as he took a key out of the dead worker's pocket.

" looks like we are going out the front door " he said beginning to turn around and walking down the hallway, his calm.demeanor suprised him but he was fighting back his other pieces. Running his hand along the cool wall a worker popped out a door and looked at him, staring him in the eyes the worker dropped to his knees crying uncontrolably. Thats when he kept walking again.

Ai got even closer to Alice, hearing the faint gunshot. "What kind of place is this...?" She thought to herself, as her hands started to quiver. She hugged Alice's legs tightly, feeling safe with her. "Will we be able to get out..?" Alice whispered in a quivery voice, looking up at Alice.

"Don't think about the screams okay." She said. Alice wanted to answer Ai's question about getting out of the facility but she didn't know herself. She didn't want to give Ai false confidence or was that what she needed, Alice didn't know. "Let's just keep going okay." She held onto Ai as she walked. She could here voices getting closer, were they real people or was she just imagining things; having a delusion of voices. If she heard them before wouldn't they be real? She just hoped, at least for Ai's sake that they were not any workers but other patients; other patients would be the better choice. Maybe they could work together.

Caleb glanced down to the small key in his hand. It was appropriately sized, and he knew it would unlock all the doors of all the hallways - and there were people still here. Did he abandon them to their fates, or did he leave them? It was his choice. It was an easy choice to make on the surface? If he unlocked every cage, he would be heralded as a hero, and loved by all. If he let them rot, they would not know any better. But why should he release them? Caleb glanced back at the straw-berry haired girl. He could not understand why there was such a need for haste. They could walk and they would face the same amount of difficulties as they did if they ran. If they walked, they could conserve their strength - he hadn't eaten in years, and he could not remember what the flood of strength from eating had felt like. There were pills ground up into his food. They thought that he couldn't seen the chunks of the capsules amongst the mush of creamed corn - the over cooked string beans and applesauce. No, he could see them. He had not been blind then. The chunks of pills that he hadn't eaten, the hunger that had first hurt, and then subsided to a dull ache. No more need for food. No more need for any sort of human life. He hadn't felt a need to eat, he hadn't felt the desire too anymore. He loved apples in spring, he loved hot showers and chips with salt and vinegar. He -had- loved those things, really. But he had denied himself his humanity, and left something else in its wake, a void filled by Arthur Prince. He glanced down at the key. What would be the human thing to do?

There were code-pads in addition to the keys. He'd memorized his own dial-tone. His number was Two-Two-Three-One. He knew what sounds his door had made. he had never escaped because there had never been a reason to leave. There was sometimes a discussion that they were going to release him, send him to someplace that could remedy his facial affliction. But they never had. Caleb slowly began to understand that this was his fate. His disease was not simply the product of events, all leading up to become his fate. One thing begot the next. A man has a weakness. Man is flawed. That flaw lead him down the path of guilt. The guilt leads him into the waiting arms of shame. The shame, he will compensate with pride and vanity. And when pride fails, despair will crash over him like a wave. I will be set adrift on the sea, reaching out a grasp a woman's hand, a hand that is no longer there, knowing that destruction is ahead. It will become his fate. And perhaps, he thought to himself, he had stayed out of some karmic because he wanted to punish himself. He knew that he was responsible for killing his father. he had seen his blood on the bowie knife that he had used to slaughter him with. Or had that been his blood? Did it even matter anymore? Caleb stared at the key. The human thing would be to run but he was not human anymore. He was Arthur Prince, he was filled with the salt of the sea and void and madness. He was not human, so he did not have to run. But then again, there were humans locked up in here, and those humans were mad and wrong ; and he held nothing in common with them. He might have been mad but he wasn't wrong anymore.

Caleb glanced back at the girl with strawberry hair, and said the first words that he had said to her, the first words that he had said to somebody other than Doctor Friedmont or his own fevered subconscious in three years, "We should let them out?" The question was implied, as he outstretched the hand with the key towards the strawberry-haired girl. That was the really human thing to do, he realized. To let another human decide. To push the responsibility upon another person and hope that they would make a more capable choice than you could. Responsibilities were for the living, and he was dead, even though he walked amongst them. This was apparently a subset of the schizophrenia that he was reported to suffer from, these delusions of grandeur - or non-grandeur as the case might be. Believing, no - knowing you were dead - was not a delusion of grandeur. It was the simple truth. His psychiatrist had been wrong. Of course he had read his own file. He and Doctor Friedmont had an understanding, after all. He offered the girl the key, and then said softly, with the same, flat tone; "We should walk, not run."

Caleb continued to loot the corpse in-front of him. There was a taser, which he tossed to the side - a pack of chewing gum - which he peered at curiously, before returning it to the corpses' pocket, and an iPhone. That, Caleb held in one hand, the gun in the other. He rose to his feet, and walked calmly over to the girl. But calmness was a facade - his shoulders were shaking and his fingers twitching around his prizes. He glanced back at the corpse and muttered somehting soft and indistinct. It was a prayer, a prayer to God to forgive him for what he had done, to take the man's son to the Lord God with haste. Caleb did not relish adding another ghost to those who already plagued him, haunting his steps with spectral fingers. He looked at the girl with watery blue eyes that faintly flickered in the gloom. "I know what you must be thinking..." He murmured. He was thinking about his face. The face that was Arthur Prince's face, the face of the notorious traitor who had betrayed the states in favour of extremists. He could not cover his face with his hands. One held a gun. He did not want to blow his head off. He could come bac, he was sure, but then there would no escape. Not ever again. He would sit in his padded cell with Doctor Friedmont, and she would ask politely why he shot her. And he wouldn't have an answer.

( Guys, probably not going to be on for a while. My mother passed away, and it kind of got me, so yeah. Please bare with me. )

"But I'm scared.." Ai whispered, looking around once more In confusion. Her eyes started to fill with tears again, as she sniffled. "I don't like it here, I want to go home and see mommy and daddy again.." He voice sounded sad, scared, and confused. She wished she never had powers anymore. She could be home right at this moment, sitting and talking with her mom and dad.

"I know." Alice said. She stopped for a moment to look at Ai directing. "Don't worry about that right now. We need to focus on what's going on now. I need you to be strong." She continued. "I need you to try and calm yourself." She began to try and walk again, getting closer to the voices. I honestly was hard for Alice to walk around holding Ai up. She wasn't just going to leave her but she was sure it would have been easier if she wasn't there. Alice stopped thinking about it; it wasn't the way to think. She wanted to help Ai and that was that.

Ai looked down sadly, letting go of Alice. She could barely stay on her feet, fumbling around. She quickly got angry at herself, and struggled and tried so hard to stay up. Out of no where, a worker stood in front of her, chuckling. "Aw...you can't walk? Soon you'll be paralyzed by that drug." The worker chuckled. Hearing that, Ai looked down, sitting on the floor in front of the worker. "If I'm going to die.." She whispered, looking up at the worker. "Please kill me." She added. The worker was shocked, not being able to do or say a thing.

Ai smiled. "Don't worry. If I continue to live on, I'll just get in people's way!" She said happily. The worker started to back up slowly, as Ai continued to smile like it was nothing. "I can't do that...!" The worker yelled, shaking his head instantly. Ai weakly stood up, fumbling around again. "I guess I'll have to do it myself then.." Ai smiled again, looking at Alice. "Gomen." She apologized, before weakly running around the corner and up the stairs, going to the roof. The building had to be atleast 15 stories high.

"Ai!" Alice yelled out, "Look what you did." Alice said to the worker, "This is all you and your friends fault. Loon what your doing to us." Alice began to run after Ai. She wasn't going to let a young girl just end her life. They would if a way to make feel better, Alice was sure of it. She didn't even care what she had to do to make that happen. Alice ran up the stairs, trailing behind Ai.

Ai ran even faster, almost tripping over her own leg once. Once she reached the roof, she ran to the edge, jumping over the railings and standing on the edge of ledge. She looked down at all the people and cars passing by. She stepped closer to the edge, continuing to look down from the building. "Will it hurt, I wonder. But not for long." She whispered.

Alice kept running following Ai to the roof. She came up behind her, "Come on Ai. Come down from there." Alice began to say, "I can't have you dieing on me. Think how that would make me feel." She continued, "I finally have a friend and now I'm going to loss her. We can deal with it all together."

Ai turned to Alice, as a tear ran down her cheek. Her smile had completely faded, as she shook her head. "I can't do it anymore..." She whispered, as more tears ran down her cheeks. "I can't..I don't like this place, so I'm going to leave..." She admitted. That smile came back, as she slowly started to fall back. The boss of the facility was outside when he saw Ai, and instantly ran beneath her, holding out his arms.

"Ai." Alice yelled out as she ran to the edge watching Ai fall down. She could see the boss. Would he catch her? she thought. All she could do was stand there and wait to see what would happen.

Ai, hoping she would hit the ground and just end it, simply landed into the bosses's arms. "Just what were you trying to do?" He asked. "What did it look like. I wanted to die. That is all there is to it." Ai whispered, jumping out of his arms.

Alice sighed, "He caught her." She was relieved but also worried at the same time. She was there by herself with him. What was he going to do with her? Alice had no way of getting down there that fast.

The boss quickly grabbed her neck, dragging her back into the facility. "If you do that again, I'm going to kill you alright." He threatend. "Then do it, I'm not afraid." Ai whispered in a hoarse voice. "Not like you'd care, anyways."

Alice began to run off the roof; back into the building. She had to get down to her, she thought.; rushing down the steps as quickly as she could.

(ooc: sorry it's not much. I don't really now what to say. My brain is fried from classes.)

The boss brought her into a plain white room, with no furniture or anything. He threw her in, closing and locking the door. Ai sat in the middle of the room, bringing her knees up to her chest.

( I feel your pain. School was being a bully with my head today. )