The Experiment *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren's only response was to hold her close and kiss her cheek. He couldn't make himself form words for at least a full minutes. "I...I've..l-loved you f-for a while now..." he said quietly. "I-I j-just didn't know h-how to act on it.." he said, still blushing brightly. He couldn't make eye contact with her. Even though they felt the same way, he still felt nervous, like a young schoolboy with his first crush.

At first she cringed at the kiss but loosened up. "...I don't think you're suppose to be kissing your patients." She giggled. "But.. Seriously... You can't. I'm just the subject..." She would plant a kiss on his lips sadly, cocking her head at him. "Your. Lips are quite moist..." She said trailing off, staring down. "..I'm the subject."

Darren sighed softly, holding her close to him. "I don't care if you're a subject. In all honesty, you're just like another human girl. Just with a little non-human DNA...but pretty much human. And humans can't be test subjects. Well, they're not supposed to be." He said, not letting her go. He didn't want to.

She smiled at him. A soft sad smile. "T-then p-please.. Get me out of here." Sudden fear appeared in her expression and eyes. "Please. .. I don't really like it here... I need.. To go somewhere else... Travel.. See.. Smell.. Hear! All my life.. Well most of which I can remember... I was here.. Please..." She begged.

Darren rubbed her back softly. "You have to pass one more test before I can find a way to get you out tonight. Okay? Can you pass one more test?" He said quietly, concern in his eyes. After she passed this test, he could take her home according to his standards...of course...then he'd have to fight the other scientists over it, but it was worth it.
Anything he could do to make her happy.

She bit her bottom lip. "What is the final test? Anything! Give me pain, I don't care! Just please. Get me out of here.." She felt hose umps crawl on to her skin hen he touched her..

"You have to be able to complete the obstacle course set up in under 6 minutes." He said quietly. "I think you can... Want to try?"

"I first want to know.. What kind of DNA did you out in me? How will I pass an obstacle course in that many minutes..?" She asked, urgently actually. Her eyes were wide and her hands balled into fists.

"Cat's DNA." He said softly. "And because it's short stations that should be passed in 1-2 minutes. There are four stations. Running, conversation, problem-solving, and agility. Do you want to see the course?" He asked, still rubbing her back softly.

"I'm willing to do it right now." She got off the table, "That explains why I am so curious.." She said half giggling.. She hugged him. "What if I don't pass the course..?"

"Well...according to the rules, you can't leave the facility. But I'm still going to let you leave, even if you don't pass." He said after a moment of thought. He chuckled softly. "I don't think that'll be too much of a problem." He said as he stood. Darren held his hand out to her, taking her's gently and leading her towards the obstacle test room.

She smiles uncertainly and hopes the obstacles course doesn't look so bad... "..." She gripped his hand tightly, a bit nervous,

When they reach the room, he holds the door open for her. Inside, there floor is a large blue rubber mat. It started with something to the affect of monkey bars, then there was a small running stretch and then a tube to crawl through, then a desk, probably for the conversation, and a climbing wall that ended with a slide with a timer. The climbing wall, however, short, was disassembled. You had to figure out how to put everything on it to get up it, or find another way over.

Her eyes widened just a little at the obstacle course... "Can.. I?" She muttered, "Can I?" She said louder, looking at Axel. "..What did cat DNA give me?"

"Agility, better sight in the dark, and supposedly you should be able to figure things out faster and learn faster." He paused, "I believe that's true." He added. "Go ahead, Wait at the white line until you hear the beep." Darren said softly. "Okay?"

She felt nervous but nodded. And stops at the line. She looked at him. "Monkey bars first?"

Darren nodded. He sat at a little station in the corner. At the desk, a small holographic woman appeared, smiling softly.

Darren put the headset on. "Testing Testing, Check. 3-2-1." He said. His voice echoed softly around the room. He hit the start buzzer and there was a small beep, signaling the start. The timer started.

She sprinted, toward the monkey bars, making a sorta accurate leap, she managed to grab one bar, processing what she did, she proceeded. She did each one, amazingly fast, but stopping as she almost lost. Her grip on one. It was about twenty seconds.. And then she continued after those horrifying twenty second. She landed safely as she ended the monkey bars.

"Keep going, great job!" Darren said encouragingly in the speaker. He marked the time. 1.50 minutes. He glanced at the observation wall, a one-way mirror, then at the small screen on the table in front of him that showed behind the wall. Three people had already gathered.

Last edited by a moderator:
(( Does she just have to run to the tube next? ))

Status
Not open for further replies.