The Drachensturm

"Really now, you would? Well, that would be grand if it wasn't for the fact that I'm helping Miss Spaniard right now. The little skirmish you lot had has caused many wounds and I doubt she can handle them on her own in her present condition. Now then, if you'll excuse me," Stepping away from Lilia, Simon returned to Catalina's side and picked up the mortar from before. "Has the girl shown any signs of waking up soon, Miss Spaniard?"

@Xibilation @Reaper Jack

"Really now, you would? Well, that would be grand if it wasn't for the fact that I'm helping Miss Spaniard right now. The little skirmish you lot had has caused many wounds and I doubt she can handle them on her own in her present condition. Now then, if you'll excuse me," Stepping away from Lilia, Simon returned to Catalina's side and picked up the mortar from before. "Has the girl shown any signs of waking up soon, Miss Spaniard?"
Catalina looked up at him. "Catalina." Then, she glanced back down to her current patient. "Not yet. I'll half to wake her if she takes too long." Catalina checked her pulse again and felt it was normal. She sat back, sighing. Looking around, her eyesight immediately fell on Jan, who was clutching his shoulder. She looked down at Pyre again. Then at Jan. "I'll be back. Make sure nothing happens to her or the herbs." Catalina got up carefully, trying not to injure her stomach or hand further. She winced a bit, since all of her wounds were still fresh, but she managed. Walking over to Jan, she noticed that there were others with wounds. She would have no time to care for herself.

Shrugging it off, she began to speak with Jan. "I noticed your shoulder is injured. Do you need help?" She was too tired to say any other things that weren't necessary, or have a more pleasant conversation.

@Verite

"Yes, Miss Catalina," Simon answered before Catalina went to begin treating the rest of the injured. Sitting down next to Pyre, he settled in for a long wait as it didn't seem she would wake any time soon and Catalina would be busy for a little while.

Once comfortable, Simon looked up to Lilia, "I suggest you help her if you can or begin searching this facility. With the number of wounded, I doubt your company should stay for much longer as more bandits may arrive soon."

@Reaper Jack @Xibilation

"Yes, Miss Catalina," Simon answered before Catalina went to begin treating the rest of the injured. Sitting down next to Pyre, he settled in for a long wait as it didn't seem she would wake any time soon and Catalina would be busy for a little while.
Once comfortable, Simon looked up to Lilia, "I suggest you help her if you can or begin searching this facility. With the number of wounded, I doubt your company should stay for much longer as more bandits may arrive soon."
Lilia nodded in recognition.

"There's little point in two of us waiting around here after all. Very well, I shall start gathering up an artefact search party."

She turned to the remainder of the group and raised her voice for all to hear.

"Right you bunch of lazy bastards! Forgotten why we're here? Go look for those artifacts! We aren't getting paid otherwise! Anything you find that might be valuable, bring back here to me, for now, I shall be helping tend to the wounded."

With that Lilia followed Catalina, her eyes gazing sidewards at the group, making sure they got their asses in gear.

@EVERYONE

Cora was feelings a little frazzled after all the events that had just occurred but with the ever overbearing threat of bandits appearing again they had to get moving and search for what they had travelled so long for.

Releving the stress on her bow she rested it upon her shoulder, ready and waiting in case of any problems. With a quick hand she tucked stray strands of hair out of her face and behind her ear before taking off past the cells they congregated around in search of something, anything.

Keeping herself quiet she paced along looking back a few times behind herself, trying not to go to far out of the sight of the group. If need be she wanted to be able to find them. To be alone or separated from them would cause great fear and worry in the young woman. She had travelled so far, witnessed many violent events and had been be protected by them all and vise versa. She was not made to be a lone wolf, she liked the stability of a group, to be lead and just for the company of others.

Reaching out a hand Cora ran her fingers across the wall that curved around further into the pre-rapture complex. She had never been in such a place, what she had seen first coming out of that cave had been one that amazed her and brought out her curiousity. To know what it would have been used for, looked like way back when.
All of this was different, a look back into the past that few people saw. It felt like a privilige. Even if it had taken a lot of trouble just to get here.

Dropping her hand back to her side she set her mind to searching, keeping her eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary. Or for something to search in or even a place.

@Anyone

Cora was feelings a little frazzled after all the events that had just occurred but with the ever overbearing threat of bandits appearing again they had to get moving and search for what they had travelled so long for.
Releving the stress on her bow she rested it upon her shoulder, ready and waiting in case of any problems. With a quick hand she tucked stray strands of hair out of her face and behind her ear before taking off past the cells they congregated around in search of something, anything.
Keeping herself quiet she paced along looking back a few times behind herself, trying not to go to far out of the sight of the group. If need be she wanted to be able to find them. To be alone or separated from them would cause great fear and worry in the young woman. She had travelled so far, witnessed many violent events and had been be protected by them all and vise versa. She was not made to be a lone wolf, she liked the stability of a group, to be lead and just for the company of others.
Reaching out a hand Cora ran her fingers across the wall that curved around further into the pre-rapture complex. She had never been in such a place, what she had seen first coming out of that cave had been one that amazed her and brought out her curiousity. To know what it would have been used for, looked like way back when.
All of this was different, a look back into the past that few people saw. It felt like a privilige. Even if it had taken a lot of trouble just to get here.
Dropping her hand back to her side she set her mind to searching, keeping her eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary. Or for something to search in or even a place.
There is a short passage leading down to the water's edge inside the complex just off to your side. You can't see much, but there appears to be some kind of large Makhina down there, a spindly structure that was all poles, with what you could only describe as a hook on very thick string attached to one end. Do you investigate the area further?

There is a short passage leading down to the water's edge inside the complex just off to your side. You can't see much, but there appears to be some kind of large Makhina down there, a spindly structure that was all poles, with what you could only describe as a hook on very thick string attached to one end. Do you investigate the area further?

Cora decides to follow the path she finds. She had to do something, standing around looking at walls wasn't going to get them anywhere. They needed results so she was going to try and find some.
She couldn't get much of a good look from where she was, so cautiously she moved through the small passage off to her side. Curious as to what she might find, or come across. She was slightly nervous at venturing off on her own but she was not to far from the group if any problems were to occur, someone would hear her if she called out. Though so would any bandits if there were any left. Well she didn't have far to run back if need be. That's all that mattered, as long as she wasn't cut off from them all.

Reaching the end of the passage, Cora was slightly confused by the sight before her. She had no real idea what it was. Poles and some sort of rope and hook. Stepping out of the passage now into the new area Cora took her chance to look around.

Cora decides to follow the path she finds. She had to do something, standing around looking at walls wasn't going to get them anywhere. They needed results so she was going to try and find some.
She couldn't get much of a good look from where she was, so cautiously she moved through the small passage off to her side. Curious as to what she might find, or come across. She was slightly nervous at venturing off on her own but she was not to far from the group if any problems were to occur, someone would hear her if she called out. Though so would any bandits if there were any left. Well she didn't have far to run back if need be. That's all that mattered, as long as she wasn't cut off from them all.
Reaching the end of the passage, Cora was slightly confused by the sight before her. She had no real idea what it was. Poles and some sort of rope and hook. Stepping out of the passage now into the new area Cora took her chance to look around.
There are no bandits, they do appear to have all been killed by this point, that there were so many to begin with was bad enough. Looking around, you notice that this area seems to be some kind of dock, perhaps for the strange vessel that was outside? No matter, the pole-construct was then, a loading device maybe? It was strange, thinking about a Makhina moving things instead of men and women. It wasn't a concern right now though. Towards the base of the loading device, various chunks of metal glittered in the eerie light from the entrance further up, none were valuable individually, but would make good stock for melting down and reproducing. Towards your right was a doorway set in stone - or perhaps the strange grey solid you had encountered before, you couldn't tell. Looking inside, there were a number of beds all lined up side-by-side and on top of one another, connected by more spindles of cylindrical metal to each other. Metal boxes lined one wall, with keyholes set in each one, none were open. Do you look around further?

Marcella Petri, gold
The "lapdog" as he called himself seemed pleased by his answer but Marcella felt nothing but alarm. He was a dangerous man, not only to his enemies but his allies and himself. "Not so much stupid as unpredictable. If I were Lilia, I'd be keeping a very close watch on you." Loyalty was a trait Marcella viewed in high esteem; though past events had made her doubt her own, she still valued it in others. This man would only be kept in check by those more powerful than himself and if someone more powerful than Lilia came along, what then?

She turned around then to leave him when she found herself being peppered with a foreign language not so different than her own Italian by Ludovic. "It's Latin, Italian, or nothing for me." He seemed frantic and Marcella wondered what could shake a man of his build so easily. An attack? She peeked around the corners of the hall, hearing and seeing nothing. Perhaps he was sick. Marcella glanced at the "lapdog", and seeing he fared no better than she (then again, what could she expect from him) pointed towards the group of healers. "I'm sure that they can help you, Ludovic."

It was then Lilia barked out her orders, making Marcella's suggestion null and void. Everybody else seemed to have a purpose in their step, searching for artifacts of some kind. In this kind of situation, Marcella felt a slight kin-ship with Ludovic, considering how they were the only two left in the dark. Even the "lapdog", who she admittedly thought little of, had a better idea of what to do than she did. "Come on then," she nudged the "lapdog", "I'll help you look for these artifacts. I suppose it's a way to pay for our rescue. What is your name, if you have one?" She looked back at Ludovic, seeing if he'd calmed down some since his foreign outburst. "You will come too, won't you?"

@MrDubWubs @AddictedToSkooma @Everyone?

Marcella Petri, gold
Marcella Petri, gold
The "lapdog" as he called himself seemed pleased by his answer but Marcella felt nothing but alarm. He was a dangerous man, not only to his enemies but his allies and himself. "Not so much stupid as unpredictable. If I were Lilia, I'd be keeping a very close watch on you." Loyalty was a trait Marcella viewed in high esteem; though past events had made her doubt her own, she still valued it in others. This man would only be kept in check by those more powerful than himself and if someone more powerful than Lilia came along, what then?
She turned around then to leave him when she found herself being peppered with a foreign language not so different than her own Italian by Ludovic. "It's Latin, Italian, or nothing for me." He seemed frantic and Marcella wondered what could shake a man of his build so easily. An attack? She peeked around the corners of the hall, hearing and seeing nothing. Perhaps he was sick. Marcella glanced at the "lapdog", and seeing he fared no better than she (then again, what could she expect from him) pointed towards the group of healers. "I'm sure that they can help you, Ludovic."
It was then Lilia barked out her orders, making Marcella's suggestion null and void. Everybody else seemed to have a purpose in their step, searching for artifacts of some kind. In this kind of situation, Marcella felt a slight kin-ship with Ludovic, considering how they were the only two left in the dark. Even the "lapdog", who she admittedly thought little of, had a better idea of what to do than she did. "Come on then," she nudged the "lapdog", "I'll help you look for these artifacts. I suppose it's a way to pay for our rescue. What is your name, if you have one?" She looked back at Ludovic, seeing if he'd calmed down some since his foreign outburst. "You will come too, won't you?"
Ludovic half nodded. Realising that the woman and the brute couldn't speak French, he switched to English. "My... My bible! I need my bible! I think they took it, I don't know, but I MUST retrieve it!" The bible held memories, and it was like a stab in the heart to not have it with him. "I checked the cell.... it's not there, and I don't know who could've taken it!" By this point, tears were running down his cheeks. He seemed to be lost without it, as if he had lost direction. As the others troope off to look for something, he pleaded with his eyes for Marcella and Ullr to help him. In a calmer tone he asked, "Please help me. Please. It means a lot to me." He stared first at the bloodstained man, then at the smaller woman, awaiting their answer.

Catalina looked up at him. "Catalina." Then, she glanced back down to her current patient. "Not yet. I'll half to wake her if she takes too long." Catalina checked her pulse again and felt it was normal. She sat back, sighing. Looking around, her eyesight immediately fell on Jan, who was clutching his shoulder. She looked down at Pyre again. Then at Jan. "I'll be back. Make sure nothing happens to her or the herbs." Catalina got up carefully, trying not to injure her stomach or hand further. She winced a bit, since all of her wounds were still fresh, but she managed. Walking over to Jan, she noticed that there were others with wounds. She would have no time to care for herself.
Shrugging it off, she began to speak with Jan. "I noticed your shoulder is injured. Do you need help?" She was too tired to say any other things that weren't necessary, or have a more pleasant conversation.
"I suppose so," he nodded calmly, observing her, "But it looks like you're not all that well off yourself either. I can manage for now, provided my wound is covered up, but what about you?"

"I suppose so," he nodded calmly, observing her, "But it looks like you're not all that well off yourself either. I can manage for now, provided my wound is covered up, but what about you?"
The lie rolled off of her tongue easily. "I'll be fine." She knew she needed to get her hand in a splint so that it would heal correctly, and find a way to get it cold since it was hurting immensely. Her stomach had a risk of infection if she didn't treat it, either. Her cuts underneath her collarbone were fine since she had quickly poured some alcohol on them and covered them up. Her traveling cloak hid the slightly bleeding cuts and the blood seeping through her dress on her stomach. "What I'm worried about is your shoulder." That was also a lie. She was worried about him, but she was also worried about herself. She pushed that away, though. Catalina put her hand on her hip, speaking in a demanding tone. "What happened?"

The lie rolled off of her tongue easily. "I'll be fine." She knew she needed to get her hand in a splint so that it would heal correctly, and find a way to get it cold since it was hurting immensely. Her stomach had a risk of infection if she didn't treat it, either. Her cuts underneath her collarbone were fine since she had quickly poured some alcohol on them and covered them up. Her traveling cloak hid the slightly bleeding cuts and the blood seeping through her dress on her stomach. "What I'm worried about is your shoulder." That was also a lie. She was worried about him, but she was also worried about herself. She pushed that away, though. Catalina put her hand on her hip, speaking in a demanding tone. "What happened?"
He pursed his lips briefly, and though Jan was admittedly skeptical of the lie he had been told, he decided not to press any further for now. "I was only hit with an arrow, which seems to have disabled my shoulder for now. If treated, it should heal right up good as new in a few days," he said, "I can still fight with just one arm though, so I'd rather not be seen as dead weight."

Marcella Petri, gold
Marcella Petri, gold
My name is Ullr. *he paused and listened to the woman as he let his now wet, but clean, face dripped water back into the river* Alright. I guess that sounds like a fair trade. *He looked to the man spouting about his bible. He hated men that acted like it was needed to live. He didn't care if you followed the religion, it only bothered him when people spouted about it.* Sorry, but you will have to find your bible on your own terms. For now I must get searching. *He looks to the woman* You may either help him or me. I do not really care.. *He said the last few words as if he was dieing for some company. He then stands up with a yawn and looks at the submarine*I suppose looking in there would be the best decision. It seems like it would hold some valuable items if the bandits were guarding it. *He began to walk to it not awaiting a response from the two*
@AddictedToSkooma

There are no bandits, they do appear to have all been killed by this point, that there were so many to begin with was bad enough. Looking around, you notice that this area seems to be some kind of dock, perhaps for the strange vessel that was outside? No matter, the pole-construct was then, a loading device maybe? It was strange, thinking about a Makhina moving things instead of men and women. It wasn't a concern right now though. Towards the base of the loading device, various chunks of metal glittered in the eerie light from the entrance further up, none were valuable individually, but would make good stock for melting down and reproducing. Towards your right was a doorway set in stone - or perhaps the strange grey solid you had encountered before, you couldn't tell. Looking inside, there were a number of beds all lined up side-by-side and on top of one another, connected by more spindles of cylindrical metal to each other. Metal boxes lined one wall, with keyholes set in each one, none were open. Do you look around further?

Cora was stuck with all these new sights. Well new sights to her but to see such artifacts just there. Barely touched or seen for hundreds of years. If only Cora had the knowledge of history or somethings to know what it all was. Basic things she could figure out but some she could not.
For now she went through the doorway set in stone to her right. Leading into another room filled with beds, lined up and somehow stacked upon each other. Done so with some sort of metal structure. Strange looking. Though it looked practical to fit more people in a room at once.
Seeing a load of metal boxes lining the wall across from her she moved to them, tugging at them to try and open them. With no luck, they were locked unfortunately for her.
Nibbling at her lip Cora moved back from the lock boxes and began to rumage through the room. Maybe there were keys hidden or laying about. There was no reason not to try and look. Those boxes potentially had items they needed. So she was going to try her best to find someway of opening them.

Marcella Petri, gold
Marcella didn't understand Ludovic's sentiments towards his Bible. Regardless of holiness, it was just a book. As long as one held their teachings in their thoughts there was no harm done. Besides, it wasn't as if it taught everything... or perhaps it did for him. She hadn't suspected anything before, but now Marcella guessed that the man was Christian, not Catholic. She looked back at Ullr, formerly known as the "lapdog". He didn't seem very eager to look for a book and in fact, was already starting to troop off towards a strange metal structure. Marcella was torn between her choices. On one hand, she was curious to see what these artifacts were and what they did. On the other hand, she felt obligated to help the only person she was somewhat familiar with here.

"Don't cry! Tears are precious things, and shouldn't be wasted on such trivial affairs. Here," Marcella knelt down and opened up her pack, rummaging around for her own Bible before pulling it out. She had begun to view Ludovic as a bit of a simpleton; a child trapped in the form of a man. In any case, she felt rather protective over her former cellmate despite their physical disparities. She dusted off the cover of her Biblia Sacra and spoke, "You can use this for now. It's in Latin but I can help translate it for you. Don't worry, I can get another copy from...," She hesitated and a slight shadow fell over her eyes, "Vatican City. Come on then, let's help Ullr." Brushing off her knees, Marcella hurried off after Ullr towards the strange metal object. Artifacts from a lost time... she was slightly familiar with them, as the Vatican's library held some books describing this lost culture. However, Marcella had never seen something like this up close. If she had to describe it, she thought it looked a bit like a carriage mixed with a boat. "Incredible. What do we do with it?"

@MrDubWubs
@AddictedToSkooma

Cora was stuck with all these new sights. Well new sights to her but to see such artifacts just there. Barely touched or seen for hundreds of years. If only Cora had the knowledge of history or somethings to know what it all was. Basic things she could figure out but some she could not.
For now she went through the doorway set in stone to her right. Leading into another room filled with beds, lined up and somehow stacked upon each other. Done so with some sort of metal structure. Strange looking. Though it looked practical to fit more people in a room at once.
Seeing a load of metal boxes lining the wall across from her she moved to them, tugging at them to try and open them. With no luck, they were locked unfortunately for her.
Nibbling at her lip Cora moved back from the lock boxes and began to rumage through the room. Maybe there were keys hidden or laying about. There was no reason not to try and look. Those boxes potentially had items they needed. So she was going to try her best to find someway of opening them.
The room is a serious mess. Thin whitish-yellow sheets, not dissimilar to Egyptian papyrus, are strewn almost everywhere, rummaging through them would be a pain, but not impossible. Looking around, you see a small wooden box on the wall beside the metal boxes, it contains a key. However even though you can see the key, thick glass prevents you from grabbing it...

Marcella Petri, gold
Marcella Petri, gold
Marcella didn't understand Ludovic's sentiments towards his Bible. Regardless of holiness, it was just a book. As long as one held their teachings in their thoughts there was no harm done. Besides, it wasn't as if it taught everything... or perhaps it did for him. She hadn't suspected anything before, but now Marcella guessed that the man was Christian, not Catholic. She looked back at Ullr, formerly known as the "lapdog". He didn't seem very eager to look for a book and in fact, was already starting to troop off towards a strange metal structure. Marcella was torn between her choices. On one hand, she was curious to see what these artifacts were and what they did. On the other hand, she felt obligated to help the only person she was somewhat familiar with here.
"Don't cry! Tears are precious things, and shouldn't be wasted on such trivial affairs. Here," Marcella knelt down and opened up her pack, rummaging around for her own Bible before pulling it out. She had begun to view Ludovic as a bit of a simpleton; a child trapped in the form of a man. In any case, she felt rather protective over her former cellmate despite their physical disparities. She dusted off the cover of her Biblia Sacra and spoke, "You can use this for now. It's in Latin but I can help translate it for you. Don't worry, I can get another copy from...," She hesitated and a slight shadow fell over her eyes, "Vatican City. Come on then, let's help Ullr." Brushing off her knees, Marcella hurried off after Ullr towards the strange metal object. Artifacts from a lost time... she was slightly familiar with them, as the Vatican's library held some books describing this lost culture. However, Marcella had never seen something like this up close. If she had to describe it, she thought it looked a bit like a carriage mixed with a boat. "Incredible. What do we do with it?"
Well *he says as he places a foot on the hunk of metal to see if it is stable to walk on* With as big as it is. I'm sure we can search inside of it. *He steps onto it and holds out his hand to help the others*
@AddictedToSkooma

With a sigh, Ludovic wiped his face. "Thank you," he muttered. However, he would not go with the others. Instead, he'd keep looking for his bible, as that was the priority at the moment. He trudged off glumly, as the others boarded the... U-Boat? Underwater ship?He thought he'd seen a picture somewhere, back at the monastery..... No matter, his bible was more important. Soon enough though, the bible was tucked into a corner of his mind as he explored. The complex was vast, and he was amazed. Some of the rooms were HUGE and contained things that were... puzzling, at best. He found little offices, with desks and old, unintelligible books, and pictures of an age long past, with cities that had towers that touched the heavens. The streets were amazingly crowded in the pictures, and there were strange yellow things on the main street. With a shrug, he left the room, and continued on down the passage. With each new discovery, he was filled with awe, and finally he vowed to learn more about the old days. He would pore over every manuscript, note, journal, and whatever else he could find, until he was satisfied. A warrior-missionary-scholar, he thought with a chuckle. With this in mind, he continued his exploration.

Finally joining the rest after having stayed back for safety, Killian walked in holding his crossbow loaded and ready to take on someone who would want to get a piece of him. He had no shame in being out of the fight with the bandits for the second time as he wasn't much of a fighter and wasn't here as a muscle, they had plenty of muscle already. He walked over the bandit corpses, doing the same as before and rummaged a bit through their pockets for anything useful and gained more leather lace and grabbed somewhat good quality pieces of armor which he placed in his backpack if he ever needed such a thing though it was starting to get a bit full. He sank his sword into the throat of a bandit that he thought might have been faking the severity of his mortal injury and cleaned the edge after the deed was done.

"Well, with that unpleasantry gone, let us search for the thing that I was hired to find" Killian said as he approached Lilia, undoing the crossbow string at last and put away the bolt in the belt quiver and approached the boxes. He noticed that the key was currently out of reach but when it came to locks that required regular keys, Killian would not be deterred. "I believe I would be able to open these. I am quite an experienced...lockpick. Yes. Lockpick" He lied as he grabbed some needles from his backpack and began to work on the wooden box lock. He didn't actually know how to pick a lock but what he could do is use a bit of magic and manipulate the metal mechanism of the locks, able to unlock primitive locks with far more ease than the average lockpick.