The Drachensturm

Ludovic could sense Marcella's disapproval of his language and he hastened himself to apologize. Though women could not be priests or the such, he had learned that she had a great knowledge of the Bible, a knowledge more extensive even than his. He trotted to catch up to her. "My apologies. I did not mean to take the Lord's name in vain. By the way, you have quite the knowledge of the Bible, if you don't mind me saying." As the two stepped into the room, he saw armor stands, with rusty pieces of mismatched armor, and racks filled with all manners of swords, axes, knives, and any other weapon one could think of. With a sigh, Ludovic began rummaging through the weapons, in an attempt to find his beloved sword and shield. After a couple minutes of tedious sifting, he found his armaments with a cry of delight, only to be cut off with a gasp- his sword was rusted. With a grim expression on his face, he tied the sheath around his waist and pulled the sword out, swinging it to make sure it was weighted to perfection, as it had been before. Ludovic then tested the strap on his shield to make sure it remained strong. With a sigh, he saw that the leather strap to sling the shield across the back was frayed. I need to find another leather strip. And a grindstone for my sword. He did't know what condition Marcella's armor was in, but he had been in the cell for longer and doubted her equipment would be in such bad shape. He peered at the room again, hoping to find a way to repair his weapon, to no avail. Disgustedly, he ripped the sheath from his hip and tossed it to the ground. He turned back to the mess of a room before him. He picked his way through, testing different swords, maces, and hammers until he came across something that would work well for him- a hand and a half sword, or as some called it, a bastard sword. With a wide grin on his face, he readied himself. He also plucked a helmet that wasn't rusty from a stand of armor. Ludovic knocked on it with his hand. This'll do. Just too bad I won't be able to get my old things back. Father Sebastian had given those to me... Without further ado, he tied the helmet to his belt with the strap and turned to the exit. Ludovic stepped into the hall, turning back towards the way the leader woman had been. His boots echoed off the walls as the sound of fighting had subsided and he thought he heard someone speaking of concern? No matter. As he approached Lilia, he nodded. "Thanks for freeing us. What now?"

*Ullr sighed as he hasn't spotted any bandits yet. He continued to look for any, but it was all for nothing. He ended up sitting down where he was easily seen by the others and let his feet dangle into the water. He then pulled out the rope he got earlier and began to make some retractable throwing axes. They would come in handy if dire situations came about*
@Anyone

The battle had started.

Catalina, shocked to her core, stayed near the back. In front, the warriors of the group strode into the fight. There was silence, as if the clacking of armor, metal, footsteps, and snarling of the bandits didn't exist. A ringing sounded in the back of Catalina's ears, and the glints of swords and weapons alike shone in the sunlight.

Then, it began.

Someone, Catalina didn't know who, let out a war cry and charged. There was chaos. Warriors, bandits- they all became a blur. She could only focus in and out of the battle, enough to see the blood splattering and pooling all around them. Bones snapped, muscles tore to the wrath of a blade, and guts spilled out onto the ground. The cries of agony and fury mixed together. Adrenaline made the air fuzzy and hard to breathe. In fact, adrenaline was doing nothing to help Catalina now besides making the pounding in her ears that much stronger. The stench of the blood and war that more prominent.

It was unnaturally hot, and it stunk horribly. The battle raged on and Catalina could only stand, watching as they did their work. She tried finding her own fighters, trying to find ways that she could help, but everything blended together. Her dagger was tight and hot in her grip. Her feet began to move backwards, although she didn't really need to. Everyone was fighting farther ahead, over seven feet away from her. The adrenaline, of course, made her focus on the battle more, so she didn't notice her attacker until his blade was already on her.

The flash came from the corner of her eyes. Catalina let out a mix of a cry and a gasp and jumped backwards, the man's sword catching her lower abdomen as she turned. Thankfully, the cut wasn't deep enough to hit any vitals, Catalina noticed quickly. The medicine woman in her was way too prominent.

Catalina got a good look at him, the dagger in her hand suddenly feeling tiny and weak. The man was a monster, towering over her five foot eight inches. She took another step backwards, chest heaving as she looked at the long sword rested with ease and experience in his hand. His ugly, scarred, and tattooed face contorted into an ugly grin as the right corner of his mouth lifted, gnarly teeth exposed. The slash in her stomach throbbed, making the dagger in her hand tremble.

"Aha!" His voice wasn't even nice as he stepped towards her, slowly cornering her and advancing like a predator with his prey. A yellow, wormy, obviously bacteria filled tongue flicked across his lips as he eyed her up and down. Catalina felt a shot of panic hit her as her back touched the wall behind her. Her dagger was pointed at him, but he obviously didn't take it as a threat, seeing that his sword rested in his hand instead of pointing it at her. "A sexy woman, not for battle." He got closer, and Catalina lunged forward with her blade, trying for his throat, but his sword easily came up and blocked her strike. The butt of his long blade knocked the dagger out of her hands and there was a loud crack. Catalina's broken hand shot up into a hot fire of pain and she cried out, clutching it to her chest. Her eyes were those of a trapped wild animal, and fear was clearly evident in them. The bandit advanced so she could feel his hot and gag worthy breath on her cheeks. Catalina was hardly a fighter, and this man who was probably twice her age had the skill of fighting in all of the battles in her lifetime.

"You fool-born idiot. Cornered by Ulric and thinking you'll get away? Lumpish wench!" The bandit- Ulric- raised his hand as if to strike her, and it was only Catalina's instinct to flinch and turn her head in anticipation. The strike didn't come. An ugly chuckle came from the man's throat until he was full out laughing. The sounds of battle sounded distant, and Catalina realized she was in a completely different place from the battle. There was nobody to save her.

She was brought back from her realization in an instant as the bandit's humongous hand grabbed her wrists in a flash, pinning them above her head against the wall. When her injured hand hit the wall she let out a groan- a cry of pain which she muffled with her closed mouth. Tears welled up in her eyes. He got close to her fear-filled face, his laughter turning into an amused growl. "Ah, you'd be a perfect, plume picked puterelle." The words would have sounded beautiful if it wasn't for their horrid meaning and the man speaking them. Catalina struggled, thrashing around in his grip. This only seemed to amuse him further. His free hand sheathed his sword and found its way around her slender throat. The calloused thing could fit all the way around her neck, only showing how monstrous in height Ulric the bandit was. The hand trailed down to the collar of her dress and tugged. Catalina's eyes widened further and she let out a defiant scream, struggling further. This time, she was frantic. Ulric was only annoyed by this, and he pressed his index and middle finger restraining her on Catalina's injured hand, causing it to burst into another shot of pain. This time, she sobbed.

"Shut it!" he barked, and his hand at her collar ripped her traveling cloak away, unbuttoning the first button on her dress in the process. Catalina shook, hand and stomach cut both screaming in pain. Surprising her, Ulric stopped there, eyes greedily looking at the olive skin beneath her collarbones and the breasts disappearing into her dress. Ulric brought his face forward and his slimy tongue licked a slow trail from Catalina's collarbone to her neck. She let out a long stream of curse words in Spanish, thrashing underneath his grip even more, plus some. Then, Ulric took his smirking face away and licked her nose, infuriating Catalina's panic-stricken self more. He bent with his hand still trapping her and grabbed the dagger that had fallen.

The next few minutes were agonizing, filled with Catalina screaming and cursing. Her skin underneath her collarbone was wet and sticky with blood. The red substance had trickled down her chest, into her cleavage and soaking the top rim of her dress. She trembled when he finished, the blade which he used to write on her skin dripping with her blood. Tears stained her cheeks.

"The battle ends. I cannot retrieve you now, but you are marked as mine." Ulric grinned. "And I will get what is mine."

Then, he left the injured Catalina on the ground, walking away with her dagger.

Catalina felt into her medicine pouch and weakly began to fix herself. She ripped off a piece of her skirt and placed it on the wound, wiping the blood away from the injury. She dug through her pouch and slowly pulling out a bottle of alcohol and uncorked it with her teeth. She poured it on the injury, hissing in pain, the alcohol draining her with the agonizingly slowness of which the burn dissipated. Then, she looked down at what the bandit had left on her skin. Of course, he spelled a jagged 'Ulric', a slash through the letters and the U curled around the rest of the letters. It infuriated and scared her.

There was no doubt it would scar. But right now, at the moment, she had to get back to her group. She threw her traveling cloak over the mark and bound her hand quickly and painfully. She trembled, and slowly stood up before turning the corner in which hid her attack. The group was clear in her vision. She walked forward, expression blank. She approached the group. Right now, she would have to get over the emotional and physical pain she was going through and do what she signed up for. Being the medicine woman. Catalina took a shaky breath and raised her voice.

"All injured need to see me immediately."

Then, she got out her pouch. Time to work.

Simon looked up at Catalina, noting her rather sickly-looking face. Did she look that pale when I saw her before? Well, I had best leave it alone as she doesn't look as though she wants to discuss it. Shaking his head, he put away both the thought and his book before slinging one of Pyre's arms over his shoulders to carry her.

Bringing her over to the medicine woman, Simon began to explain what had happened, "She fell unconscious during the fight for some unknown reason. I would say it's connected to the fever she is currently running."

@Xibilation

Reactions: Xibilation
*Ullr smiles as he uses his new invention of retractable throwing axes. Though now he is limited on far he can throw them. The ropes them selves could help in combat if need be of course. He wrapped the ropes back into their holsters and began to look back to the group. He hopes maybe someone would come over and start a chat with him*

@Anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon looked up at Catalina, noting her rather sickly-looking face. Did she look that pale when I saw her before? Well, I had best leave it alone as she doesn't look as though she wants to discuss it. Shaking his head, he put away both the thought and his book before slinging one of Pyre's arms over his shoulders to carry her.
Bringing her over to the medicine woman, Simon began to explain what had happened, "She fell unconscious during the fight for some unknown reason. I would say it's connected to the fever she is currently running."
Catalina frowned and bent down to inspect Pyre. "A fever?" Immediately, a flash of warning shot through her. Catalina checked her wound, and it wasn't infected. In fact, the wound didn't seem related to the fever at all. Catalina went into work, a skilled hand quickly checking her pulse and feeling Pyre's forehead. Her injured hand remained limp near her side, which she hated. After checking the fever, her working hand felt scorched and Catalina quickly brought it back. Under her breath, she began to mumble the symptoms. "Sweat, fever, weakness... Typhoid fever or la malaria..." Catalina couldn't help but shiver. Hopefully, it's the latter. "Was she feeling any pain in her stomach beforehand? Besides her wound?" Catalina had some sweet wormwood for Malaria, but Typhoid Fever was harder to heal.

Catalina checked Pyre's stomach and let out a sigh of relief when she saw there weren't any red bumps on it. "Thank God," she mumbled under her breath. Catalina grabbed her mortar and pestle from her medicine pouch and got out the sweet wormwood. She had been in possession of it for a while, and was grateful that the trader who came from the east had owned some when she had met him. "Simon, I need you to grind this." She quickly handed him the tools and herb and looked up to see her group.

"If you need medical help, don't stand there and die. Come here."

@yall injured folks

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Simon was actually impressed by the woman, her knowledge of medicine seemed to be rather advanced. Taking the mortar from her, he set to grinding the herb up as he answered her questions, "Not as far as I know, but she was already unconscious by the time I managed to reach her. I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance than that."

Bowing his head, he became silent as he reduced the herb to a fine powder. As he worked, Simon noticed how one of the woman's hands seemed to hang limp, as if it were a dead appendage entirely. He filed away the information, making plans to ask her what had happened later. Soon, his work was finished and the mortar held the finished product, "Miss Spaniard, I have finished the assignment you have given me. What do you need me to do now?"

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Lilia nodded to Marcella as she introduced herself, taking in her words and ensuring she heard correctly; as far as she was concerned, all four of these prisoners were potential new recruits for The Drachensturm. The more manpower they had, the higher their survivability and diversity would be, if they got large enough, she would have to consider turning them into a professional guild, that recognition was what they needed to succeed in the world, however, for that she required a patron. After this trip, she'd have to look into the current state of affairs of the Royal Families of Europe, except for that of the Reich, she wasn't willing to tread there, her face may not yet have been forgotten, and she had no great wish to join her family in the flames of their once proud lands, if she ever was to return, she wanted it to be a triumphant one, returning to reclaim what she had lost. That was not possible though, she knew what ran through her veins, the reason the Inquisition had hunted her family down, alas, she was not able to control it...yet.

Marcella's next words made her smile, a wise, womanly smile. The content being something only one woman would share with another. She whispered to her in kind.

"He has his uses, and he knows his place. As for how...well, I'm sure you'll understand if you ask around or take a look at a few of the bodies. Not something to be proud of on my part, but a necessity all the same."

With that Lilia turned on her heel, nodding one last time to Marcella as she went to retrieve her belongings, responding to Ludovic as he approached her, walking by her side.

"What now? We're actually here to salvage old technology, believe it or not. After that I suggest you tag along with us and get a feel for the group, you never know, you may just want to join us. We're pretty fresh as a company, but we are one still. It pays. I'm our leader of sorts, although everyone is fairly autonomous in their own way."

Lilia walked with him like that until she reached Simon, Catalina and Lithia, kneeling down with them to check on Lithia, wincing slightly as her arm refused to move for her again, she suspected the extra stresses in that final part of combat with the brutish man had dislocated the shoulder after the initial blow, no matter, that could be fixed easily.

"Tch...damn...how is she doing?"

@mahigan
@AddictedToSkooma
@Conrad Norwood
@Zloglasniot Fasada
@Xibilation

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
"Ask Miss Spaniard, she seems to understand the ailment better than I do. I'm just the herb grinder," while he knew the last part made his comment sound almost sarcastic, Simon simply stated the truth. The woman before him was truly better than him when it came to medical practice. Though he gained some small comfort from the fact that he probably understood history and finances better than her, Simon couldn't help but feel a little bit unneeded there.

"Ask Miss Spaniard, she seems to understand the ailment better than I do. I'm just the herb grinder," while he knew the last part made his comment sound almost sarcastic, Simon simply stated the truth. The woman before him was truly better than him when it came to medical practice. Though he gained some small comfort from the fact that he probably understood history and finances better than her, Simon couldn't help but feel a little bit unneeded there.
Lilia nodded to Marcella as she introduced herself, taking in her words and ensuring she heard correctly; as far as she was concerned, all four of these prisoners were potential new recruits for The Drachensturm. The more manpower they had, the higher their survivability and diversity would be, if they got large enough, she would have to consider turning them into a professional guild, that recognition was what they needed to succeed in the world, however, for that she required a patron. After this trip, she'd have to look into the current state of affairs of the Royal Families of Europe, except for that of the Reich, she wasn't willing to tread there, her face may not yet have been forgotten, and she had no great wish to join her family in the flames of their once proud lands, if she ever was to return, she wanted it to be a triumphant one, returning to reclaim what she had lost. That was not possible though, she knew what ran through her veins, the reason the Inquisition had hunted her family down, alas, she was not able to control it...yet.
Marcella's next words made her smile, a wise, womanly smile. The content being something only one woman would share with another. She whispered to her in kind.
"He has his uses, and he knows his place. As for how...well, I'm sure you'll understand if you ask around or take a look at a few of the bodies. Not something to be proud of on my part, but a necessity all the same."
With that Lilia turned on her heel, nodding one last time to Marcella as she went to retrieve her belongings, responding to Ludovic as he approached her, walking by her side.
"What now? We're actually here to salvage old technology, believe it or not. After that I suggest you tag along with us and get a feel for the group, you never know, you may just want to join us. We're pretty fresh as a company, but we are one still. It pays. I'm our leader of sorts, although everyone is fairly autonomous in their own way."
Lilia walked with him like that until she reached Simon, Catalina and Lithia, kneeling down with them to check on Lithia, wincing slightly as her arm refused to move for her again, she suspected the extra stresses in that final part of combat with the brutish man had dislocated the shoulder after the initial blow, no matter, that could be fixed easily.
"Tch...damn...how is she doing?"
Catalina had to hide her amused smile at his Miss Spaniard comment. Really? She looked to Lilia and began to explain. "Well, Pyre fainted and Sally noticed her fever. From Pyre's not-awake state, I am not able to have a sure reason to her problem." Catalina had a belt on around her waist that held four things: her medicine pouch, her empty dagger sheath, a container of water, and a container of alcohol. She took the dramatic pause and used it to open Pyre's mouth and trickle some water from its container into her mouth. "There are many possibilities. I hope it is only from dehydration, but it could also be Malaria. The artemisia annua Sandra ground is to help if it is. For now, we must wait for her to wake."

• Love
Marcella Petri, gold
"Father Piero taught me to love the sinner and hate the sin. There's no need for you to apologize to me." Marcella pried open the door to find herself in a stolen armoury. To fill a room of this size... she wondered just how many people these brigands had killed. "I had not thought you to be a religious man. You are Catholic?" She turned but Ludovic had already begun rummaging through the mess to find his weapons. Marcella shrugged before doing the same. It was harder than she'd thought it'd be. The bandits hadn't taken the time to sort their plunder properly, and weapons and armor were scattered everywhere and anywhere. Some of them still had dried blood on them and with every dent and gash she saw on the armor she hoped that the bandits had given the late warriors a quick death.

Marcella found her leather armor dumped in a corner - obviously the bandits hadn't given it much thought but try as she might, her chain-mail could not be found. Perhaps they'd smelted it down for metal, sold it off or even worn it. She wasn't about to go loot every dead body in this dungeon though, so for the time being Marcella knew she'd need to be extra careful. Her shield was safe albeit dusty as was her spear. Her sallet was easily replaced with another, though the iron of the replacement displeased her. After another few minutes of searching, during which Ludovic had armed himself and left, Marcella had managed to find her schiavona, a pair of leather boots and her pack (empty of all food, water and gold). Outfitting herself in such ragtag attire made her feel like a bandit herself and she hoped to reach a nearby town soon to replace the items she'd lost.

She walked back upstairs to find everybody else crowded around a fallen woman. She couldn't tell what was wrong with her but it seemed the healer was treating her fairly well. Marcella had a few clean wraps she used as bandages in her pack but she wasn't sure if they'd be needed. However, she wasn't going to stand there and watch someone possibly die. "Here. You can use these better than I can." All Marcella had suffered at the hands of the bandits were a few bruises and cuts, nothing time could not mend itself. "Et curate infirmos qui in illa sunt et dicite illis adpropinquavit in vos regnum Dei." It was all she could do for the sick woman. Her fate laid in God's hands now.

Marcella walked away from the group to give them space and also because she wanted to speak with the brute from earlier. He stood near the water, even now playing with his axes, dried carnage covering him from head to toes. She approached him as one would approach a feral animal, spear and shield in hand. She'd seen earlier how he'd even seemed to want to fight his own leader, and she wasn't taking any chances. "You're covered in blood. Don't you want to wash it off?" Thinking back to what Lilia had whispered back to her, Marcella thought it'd be interesting to hear from the beast himself. "A man who doesn't seem to listen even to his own sense of safety. Why do you listen to Lilia?"

@MrDubWubs
@everyone

Ludovic nodded as Lilia went to tend to the wounded woman. He knew a bit of healing, having learned it at the monastery where he'd been bright up when his mother was killed, but only a bit, and he didn't want to get in the way of the true healers. He was going to explore when a sudden realization hit him. "Where is my bible?! And my chain?!" Ludovic quickly patted his pockets and felt around his neck, but the silver chain that had marked him as knight of the Order Of The Holy Spirit. His pockets were devoid of his bible, in which he marked down passages and had also inserted the code of honor. Sweat broke out on his forehead and he panicked. He turned and ran back to the cell, and nearly overturned the entire place, but only found the bible. He still needed his chain! Frantically, he ran back to the hall, and when he spotted his former cellmate, he ran to her, and too hysteric to talk clearly, spoke in rapid-fire French, not realizing he wasn't speaking English. "S'ilvousplaît!Avez-vousvumabible ?!"
@mahigan

Last edited by a moderator:
Catalina had to hide her amused smile at his Miss Spaniard comment. Really? She looked to Lilia and began to explain. "Well, Pyre fainted and Sally noticed her fever. From Pyre's not-awake state, I am not able to have a sure reason to her problem." Catalina had a belt on around her waist that held four things: her medicine pouch, her empty dagger sheath, a container of water, and a container of alcohol. She took the dramatic pause and used it to open Pyre's mouth and trickle some water from its container into her mouth. "There are many possibilities. I hope it is only from dehydration, but it could also be Malaria. The artemisia annua Sandra ground is to help if it is. For now, we must wait for her to wake."
"Of those, let's hope it's only dehydration, although, if she saw mw earlier...this may be the result of shock. I've seen it happen many times now to those who see a battlefield for the first time. It is brutal, it is Hell. It saddens me that I have to partake in it in the manner I do."

Lilia shook her head at that, not wanting to think about it or pollute the woman's mind with those thoughts. Her arm was still slack, causing her to wince as she gingerly used her fingers to move it. She grimaced in pain as she did so, sure enough, it was dislocated, she turned to Simon for a moment.

"Have you ever put a dislocated shoulder back in it's place before?"

@Conrad Norwood
@Xibilation

• Love
Marcella Petri, gold
Marcella Petri, gold
"Father Piero taught me to love the sinner and hate the sin. There's no need for you to apologize to me." Marcella pried open the door to find herself in a stolen armoury. To fill a room of this size... she wondered just how many people these brigands had killed. "I had not thought you to be a religious man. You are Catholic?" She turned but Ludovic had already begun rummaging through the mess to find his weapons. Marcella shrugged before doing the same. It was harder than she'd thought it'd be. The bandits hadn't taken the time to sort their plunder properly, and weapons and armor were scattered everywhere and anywhere. Some of them still had dried blood on them and with every dent and gash she saw on the armor she hoped that the bandits had given the late warriors a quick death.
Marcella found her leather armor dumped in a corner - obviously the bandits hadn't given it much thought but try as she might, her chain-mail could not be found. Perhaps they'd smelted it down for metal, sold it off or even worn it. She wasn't about to go loot every dead body in this dungeon though, so for the time being Marcella knew she'd need to be extra careful. Her shield was safe albeit dusty as was her spear. Her sallet was easily replaced with another, though the iron of the replacement displeased her. After another few minutes of searching, during which Ludovic had armed himself and left, Marcella had managed to find her schiavona, a pair of leather boots and her pack (empty of all food, water and gold). Outfitting herself in such ragtag attire made her feel like a bandit herself and she hoped to reach a nearby town soon to replace the items she'd lost.
She walked back upstairs to find everybody else crowded around a fallen woman. She couldn't tell what was wrong with her but it seemed the healer was treating her fairly well. Marcella had a few clean wraps she used as bandages in her pack but she wasn't sure if they'd be needed. However, she wasn't going to stand there and watch someone possibly die. "Here. You can use these better than I can." All Marcella had suffered at the hands of the bandits were a few bruises and cuts, nothing time could not mend itself. "Et curate infirmos qui in illa sunt et dicite illis adpropinquavit in vos regnum Dei." It was all she could do for the sick woman. Her fate laid in God's hands now.
Marcella walked away from the group to give them space and also because she wanted to speak with the brute from earlier. He stood near the water, even now playing with his axes, dried carnage covering him from head to toes. She approached him as one would approach a feral animal, spear and shield in hand. She'd seen earlier how he'd even seemed to want to fight his own leader, and she wasn't taking any chances. "You're covered in blood. Don't you want to wash it off?" Thinking back to what Lilia had whispered back to her, Marcella thought it'd be interesting to hear from the beast himself. "A man who doesn't seem to listen even to his own sense of safety. Why do you listen to Lilia?"
@everyone
*Ullr looked up to the woman then slowly back to the river. He began to speak after a sigh that a slave would use after being told to do something that he absolutely hated* You get use to the blood after a while... though I suppose I should wash it off.*He knelt down to the river and began to wash the blood off with a small cloth that he had tucked away inside his chest piece.* She seems smart. As well as she seems to know what she is doing. I mean I do as well as you can see. *He looks back to the dead bodies that were caused by his hand* I'm more of a lapdog I suppose. I look for the highest authority figure and follow what ever it's command may be. I would consider my self stupid in doing so. *he paused for a bit and sighed again, but with a smile this time* The statement about safety. It is true I do not care for my own, but that is because as long as I can protect others! My axes will find the foes and strike them down with no mercy!

"Only once as a boy, when my father was not home and my younger brother had been injured. I should be able to do it again," setting the mortar aside, Simon stood up and moved closer to Lilia. "Would you prefer the quicker but more painful way or the slow and painless way?"

@Reaper Jack

"Only once as a boy, when my father was not home and my younger brother had been injured. I should be able to do it again," setting the mortar aside, Simon stood up and moved closer to Lilia. "Would you prefer the quicker but more painful way or the slow and painless way?"
"We're in no rush so I'll take the slow one, no sense in aggravating it further after all."

Lilia uncuffed her cloak from her shoulder and pulled the cloth of her tunic down, doing the same with the chainmail underneath, revealing the bare, milky skin of her shoulder and upper arm, allowing Simon to get at it and put her shoulder back in place as easily as possible.

Simon remained calm as he took the arm that was connected to the shoulder into his hands, not afraid if she took offense to the move, "I'm going to lift your arm up in front of you so the upper arm and forearm form a ninety degree angle with each other. Also, I lied about this being painless, it's only less painful," giving her no time to react, he quickly moved her arm into the position. Stopping there in case she needed the momentary break, he quickly began to question her, "Do you feel any extreme pain or shall I move on to the next step?"

@Reaper Jack

Simon remained calm as he took the arm that was connected to the shoulder into his hands, not afraid if she took offense to the move, "I'm going to lift your arm up in front of you so the upper arm and forearm form a ninety degree angle with each other. Also, I lied about this being painless, it's only less painful," giving her no time to react, he quickly moved her arm into the position. Stopping there in case she needed the momentary break, he quickly began to question her, "Do you feel any extreme pain or shall I move on to the next step?"
Lilia smirked sidewards at him as he went about his business with her arm and shoulder.

"You're a terrible liar, you expected me to buy that it was painless? After all the injuries I've had?" She laughed, it was quite merry, with rich, dulcet tones to it. "Carry on, this is fine."

"Fine then, go ahead and ruin my attempt to have a laugh. Next time you need me to teach you to do something that's easily done on your own, I'll leave you to figure it out," Simon's annoyed tone carried a tinge of the Scots accent he normally hid away. Frowning for a moment at the slip-up, he steeled his features and moved Lilia's still bent arm out to her side before letting go of her, "Now then, slowly rotate the arm upwards, moving away from your shoulder and stretching above your head. You should feel the shoulder slide into place naturally once you're a little bit above your head."

@Reaper Jack

"Fine then, go ahead and ruin my attempt to have a laugh. Next time you need me to teach you to do something that's easily done on your own, I'll leave you to figure it out," Simon's annoyed tone carried a tinge of the Scots accent he normally hid away. Frowning for a moment at the slip-up, he steeled his features and moved Lilia's still bent arm out to her side before letting go of her, "Now then, slowly rotate the arm upwards, moving away from your shoulder and stretching above your head. You should feel the shoulder slide into place naturally once you're a little bit above your head."
Lilia did so as she continued speaking to him, rotating her arm perfectly in a slow arc towards the ceiling, sure enough, she felt and heard the soft 'click' of her bone slipping back into place as her arm passed over her ginger locks, she slid it back down again, resting the arm in her lap.

"Sour bastard aren't you? Lighten up a bit. We're not going to stop you conducting your research here...as long as you notify us of most of your findings at least."