The Demon War

"I doubt it," he answered. "Must be the peaches. It's such a pretty time of year, it can do weird things to people. But I've never noticed it before. Maybe..." He trailed off. "Maybe it's just you. I hate to sound philosophical, but maybe you've just found the right..." he stopped himself. He had been at the risk of sounding crazy, probably even a little creepy, and didn't want Alexis to think either of those things of him. "Right place that the universe wants you to be at. Like, maybe your karma or something brought you here." He chuckled softly, trying to make it appear as if that wasn't him just making stuff up.

"Ah...m-maybe." Alexis nodded her head in agreement. She could tell he wanted to say something different, but changed his words. She didn't mind but was curious on what he wanted to say to start with. But she wasnt going to bug him. "So um...you think you will ever get caught for housing demons?" She asked, trying to keep a conversation going. "I mean...it looked like you got pretty close last night...."

"Last night was...unique," he said, smiling. "One of Christopher's partners got caught, but his group got away. Chris had to call me and get me out there to find his group and that's when I realized that the Church was closer than I thought. Joe won't sell any of us out, though, so we're safe here." He smiled out at his orchard, breathing deeply before saying, "But, yeah...I think someday, I'm going to make a mistake or trust the wrong person, and I'll have half the Church at my doorstep crying bloody murder and screaming for my head. I just don't like to think about that. I'll continue helping those I can until the end."

"I can help with that." Alexis offered. "I dont have to just live here...I can help you." she said softly. "I have a good sense, I can tell whether someone is lying or not." She looked over at him, and finally turned around fully to get a good look at his face. "Also...why did you trust me last night? I mean...normally, one shouldnt trust another that comes by themselves. That normally means trouble. Im not telling you that I am trouble, because clearly I am not, but...still...why?" She asked, tilting her head.

Uri thought for a moment. Finally, he answered, "Because I have to trust everyone at least once. If something of their character shows me that I cannot trust them, then I don't. More often than not, I don't trust Church officials because of their uniform, but I also don't because I know what they have been trained to do." He frowned now, trying to think of a better reason. "Plus," he added jokingly, "I can't say no to a pretty face."

Her cheeks flustered and they were soon red with blush as she tried to hide it. "Ah..hem well..." She smiled. "Can't blame you for that." She chuckled and stood up. "Well..." Trying to think of another conversation topic, she sighed. "Ah....that Church...who do they think they are anyways? Killing demons...even humans with no emotion at all. I recall a church being a friendly place to go." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Do we get to fight any of them soon? I'd love to." She laughed, she was joking, but at the same time, wasnt.

"I probably won't be able to. Most of the soldiers around here know me by name, since I'm the one who gets them peaches in the summer, but if word went around that I've gone and shot up an official, I'd be out of a house..." he trailed off, smiling slightly. "But I'd love to shoot a few of them, show them how it feels to get shot." He frowned again, not wanting to say anymore on the subject.

"Ah...well that sucks." Alexis looked at his facial expression, seeing he wanted nothing more to do with the subject. "S-sorry." She said looking around awkwardly. "Well, I am probably bothering you...so...you can go do whatever it was you were doing before I called you over here." She looked down, smiling softly. "I didn't mean to interuppt." She put a hand on his shoulder and started to turn him around to go back out the door.

"No, it's...it's fine," Uri replied, digging his heels in. "I like talking to you...it's better than being all alone." Breaking out of her light hold, he looked to her, smiling slightly. "Look..." he trailed off, trying to think of an excuse to keep talking to her. "Why don't you tell me about yourself? It's not often I get to talk to a demon, let alone one for any extended period of time...demons are slightly interesting to me, and I'd like to know more about the people I help."

She blushed again, and looked at him a little in shock for wanting to talk to him. "Well first...dont call me a demon." she chuckled. "Its like me calling you a human. Its what you are, yes, but its just...I dont know how to explain it." she looked at him with a small smile. She then walked over to what was now her bed, sat crissed crossed and pushed some of her hair behind her ear, exposing her two piercings and a gage in her ear. Two piercings at the top, simple loops. and the gage wasnt too big, but enough. She looked at him and wrinkled her nose a little. "And what would you like to know?"

"Sorry," Uri apologized. "I'm just so used to having to draw a boundary between me and the..." he paused, about to say demons. "others. If I didn't, I'd forget what my goal was, and probably get myself killed." He stopped when Kiyomi started talking again, walking to her bed and sitting down next to her. "Uh," he thought for a moment. "I don't know, anything really. How do you live...out there...?" he gestured out the window, referring to the world outside of the cities and houses, where demons were still demons.

(lol, you said Kiyomi xD)

Alexis looked at him for a moment, and thought about her answer. "How do I live?" She raised her eyebrow. "Like any other person. Though my diet is different..." She said to him softly. "I am...different. As some would call it. I eat fish...like....raw fish. Sushi if you will." She felt a little odd. "Yes I know, normally demons eat souls, or blood or something crazy....but nope not me..I just crave fish. Not sure why." She said to him, looking at her fingers as she talked. "Though a while ago someone made me try bacon and it was fabulous. though any other human food....its gross to me." She stuck out her tounge in disgust just thinking of it. "As for how I live...Well i am a shifter. I can form myself into any thing. I can bum a hotel whenever I please. Or If I want I can form into someones pet and sleep in a home for the night...but eventually I got tired of all that nonsense and came here."

((Crap. Sorry xD))

"Huh," Uri said, thinking about it. "I've never really met a demon who ate fish... I once served fish for a group I was with, and not many people liked it...I still make food for everyone when I have people over, but it's more of a customary thing, you know? They hardly ever eat what I make. I don't really mind, though." After a moment of thinking, he asked, "How'd you find me? I mean, when you came last night, you said that you had been watching me for a couple days...I'm just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"Watching you in the literal sense." She chuckled. "I watched as you brought in the demons and hid them, and how you took care of them. And I thought, Wow, thats a great life. So I made my way in and basically demanded a room...sorry by the way for that, but still. It was better than morphing into something different every night, and sleeping somewhere different all the time." She said looking at her fingers as she played with them, then looked up to meet his eyes. "A very eventful life, though."

"Mine or yours?" he asked with a breathy laugh. Brushing his hair out of his face, he caught her looking at him and asked, "What? I'm not...I don't have anything on my face, do I?" Self-consciously, he started rubbing at his face, trying to find whatever she was looking at. When he found nothing, he said, "So, it's safe to assume you'll be staying here long-term?" It was an interesting thought, to say the least. Uri might finally have someone else to help him with his work, which would be a big help. Working on his large plot of land by himself tended to be strenuous and he often had something he needed to get done but had not time for. Running a hand through his hair, he smiled at her, meeting her violet eyes with his grey ones.

"Both I guess, though I was referring to mine." She said, chuckling a little at his breathy laugh. "And yes...If you dont mind. I'll help with any work needing to be done and such. Just no cooking, I'll burn it." She looked at him seriously, then a smile spread across her face, for she couldnt look at him seriously for too long.

"It's fine," he said, grinning. "There's not much work to be done now, except for getting groups through and cleaning every once in a while. But in the summer, it'll get busier. Demons tend to escape to Canada more towards the summer, so that they don't get caught in a crazy cold spell, and the peaches will be growing. But you won't have to do much. I'll just be glad to have company."

"Well I'm your maid, should you ever need one." she joked a little and smiled up at him. Her thumbs twidled as she thought of something else to say. All this talk about work and demons and stuff was very typical. She needed something to really talk with him about. Because in truth, she found him attractive in the least. Holding back blush was her number one thing at the moment. "Uh..." she blinked a couple times, almost speechless.

As he realized she was struggling to say something, Uri asked, "What sort of things do you like to do? Besides changing shapes, I mean. Like...do you, uh...have any hobbies?" Blushing slightly, not quite used to interacting with someone like this, he added, "I like to read...but you know that. I used to like writing, but I was never good at it. What about you? You look like--" Uri had to stop himself from saying something that would probably get himself slapped. It wasn't anything bad, but he wasn't sure if he finished that sentence with "an angel, not a demon," that Alexis wouldn't hit him for his trouble.

"Hobbies? Naw...well..I like to draw. Someone once tried to pay me for a simple doodle I did...I didn't think it was anything special but...I gues to them..." She paused, at the hearing of him call her an Angel. She looked up at him, her eyes almost squinted. Not for what he said, but she tried to comprehend what he had said. "An angel?" She shifted closer to him, her deep purple eyes looking into his, a smile almost cut across her face. "An angel..." she chuckled. "Is far from what I am." She felt like that was the time to pull away, but strangely enough, she didnt.