The Demon War

Nodding that he had heard her, he asked, "So, you're one of those silent types? Don't talk unless asked a question? Yeah, okay." Finishing his cleaning, he said, "There's a TV in the living room, but I've got a lot of books if you want." Grinning at her, he went to his small study, sitting at his desk. Powering his computer, he made sure to log onto a proxy, not wanting anyone to trace his computer. Pulling up his bank accounts, he checked how much money he had left, which wasn't much, but enough to keep going for maybe another month. Grimacing, he shut the lid on his laptop, returning to the living room and picking up his book and reading glasses.

"I do talk." She said softly. "Just trying not to be too much of a bother to you, but keep you company at the same time." She said to him, and followed him into his study. She watched what he did but not to be a snoop or anything. Then she blinked as she watched him grab his reading glasses. "You sure do read a lot." She commented trailing him back in the living room, and sat right beside him on the couch.

"Well...?" he asked in exasperation. "Internet's no good: if you stay on too long and its obvious to them you're offline, then it looks odd. That's how it looks when I use a proxy. I don't have a television, since it's too full of Church propaganda to be worth it. The peaches are only good for picking more towards the summer...All I have to do this time of year in between groups is read..." he trailed off, putting on his glasses.

((More towards Summerville xD))

She walked over to him and took the book out of his hands and set it on the coffee table in front of them. "Well you have me to talk to now." Her english sounding voice was charming and smooth. Her violet hues watched to see his reaction about her taking his book away from him. "Reading isnt always good you know. Some socialization is good too."

A light frown had come to his lips when she had taken his book from him, but he only took his glasses off, not saying anything. Fixing his piercing grey eyes upon hers, he said, "Fine, fine, what is it do you want to talk about? Besides, I thought 'humans don't interact with demons'. Did that sentiment go out the window?"

"Well I meant not normally....but you seem...errr...different." She smiled at him. Her legs crossed over themselves, indian style and she put her palm on her cheek. "I dont know what to talk about. You seem like you would have a lot to talk about." She said, leaning forward her dark locks falling in front of her face, and she had to blow them out the way.

"Not really...unless you have a specific question," he said. "I'm just Uri, the human who hides demons in his own house and tries to get them to Canada. Speaking of which..." he thought for a moment, trying to word the question correctly. "Why didn't you go with the others? Normally, that's exactly why people come to me...It's odd, to say the least, to have you staying here."

"Cause." She said softly. "You seemed lonley. To have this huge house and have demons only stay the night just for their own safety? Thats not very good." She said. "I only came so you could have some company. The church doesnt even know shapeshifters exist, so Im in the clear." She nodded, proudly. "Though if I am a bother...." She said, getting up and headed to the window. "I'll take my leave."

"I never said that," Uri told Alexis. "Please...sit." Though he wouldn't admit it, there was a slightly childish rise in his voice, almost desperate as he spoke. "Thank you...for staying...I'm not used to it, socializing, you know, so I'm a little awkward." He frowned slightly, trying to remember the last time that someone had stayed for longer than a day. Probably not since his father had been teaching him how to get demons to the safehouse, or even earlier than that. Folding his glasses, he slid them back into their case, looking at Alexis levelly.

With a small smile framing across her face, she turned her heels back around and sat down as she was asked. "I understand. Its easy to be socially awkward. To be honest, I am too, but as I also said something is different about you." She smiled. "So tell me, how the hell do you afford all this?!" She almost yelled, but in a friendly manner. Her hands in the air motioning to the expensive pieces of furniture. "Do you have a job or something?"

"It was all my dad's...When he passed, he left me everything he had. Which happened to include the peach orchard and his house...it used to be a plantation, hundreds of years ago, but I'm just lucky the trees still grow...All I have to do is pick the peaches in the summer, make sure the trees get water occasionally, and I've got enough peaches to last until next summer. Most of the time. Anything extra I can sell. My only expenses are the lighting, Internet, and water, but if I need to, I can just go to a river nearby and wash clothes there." He smiled, looking out the window above the door, sighing happily.

"Sounds like a sweet life....just lonley." She commented. Alexis looked around at the nice woodwork of the house, the hardwood and tiled floors everything. "Well...eh...it looks like I am not good for talking to." She said, scratching the back of her head and looking upstairs. "Maybe I should go to bed." She said, "Or..." she went behind the couch and took a deep breath. She bent over and kissed the side of his cheek.
"Err...thanks for...being so kind." she said nervously and then backed up, heading upstairs as fast as she could.

As Alexis began running up the stairs, Uri could feel a redness akin to a tomato spreading across his face. Feeling the ghosts of her lips on his cheek for a moment after she had left, he sighed, slouching against the back of the couch. Sitting there for a long moment, he eventually got up, leaving the house. Taking a walk through the orchard, he smiled as he looked at the peach trees, which were in full bloom now. As he felt the redness leave his face, he circled back towards his home, glad that he couldn't hear the sounds of tires on gravel.

Alexis was a little flustered about what she had just done, but it was worth it. As she got upstairs she shut the door to her new room and then went to the window sil to look out. Low and behold there was Uri, taking a walk through the orhard. She smiled, feeling her face flush just as his did. What was going on? She shook her head. The old Alexis was moving out fast and a new one was coming to stay. She was being helpful, sweet, kind, giving smiles. This was not Alexis at all! She pulled her knees to her chest and rested her cheek against her knee and looked out, watching him making sure he got inside the house safely.

As Uri was beginning to walk back home, he picked a peach bloom from a tree, figuring he could spare one potential peach. Holding it in his hands, he tried to tune into the sounds of the forest, not wanting to be caught unawares by a demon. He hadn't brought his shotgun with him, and was suddenly painfully aware of the shadows in the forest now.

When he returned home, he made sure to lock the door behind him and take his customary cursory sweep through the house, making sure all was as it was supposed to be. Retrieving his shotgun, he went up the stairs to the third floor, getting on the same balcony that he had been on to make sure Christopher got out alright. Sitting on a metal chair, he simply sat there, propping his legs up on the railing and holding the shotgun in his lap, scanning the landscape for anything out of the ordinary, peach flower in his hands.

Kiyomi could see that Uri had sat on a balcony from another room. she opened the window and waved to him. "Why do you want to be by yourself?" she asked, smiling at him. "You can come over her if you'd like...or not. its your house." She chuckled, keeping the window open and looking out at the beautiful orchard that was below her. Hundreds of peaches everywhere. It really was a pretty sight to see.

"I need a vantage point," he answered her, "but if you insist..." Getting up, he took one last sweeping check of the orchard before going back inside, heading over to the room she was in. Knocking before entering, he saw her gazing out at the orchard. "Hey," he said, after setting down the bloom on her nightstand, resting the gun against the wall near the door. Walking behind her, yet still at a friendly distance, he said, "It's beautiful, isn't it? In the summertime, all the flowers turn to peaches and I make some of the best peach-based foods..." he sighed as he remembered last year, when he'd had a larger group at his home and he had made peach tea, peach cookies, peach muffins, and an assortment of other foods. Of course, that was probably why he was low on supplies now, but he didn't mind. Smiling, he inhaled deeply, the smell of the peach blossoms reaching even up here, they were in such a great abundance.

"I bet you're a great baker." She smiled, still looking out at the orchard. "I would never be able to keep it so pretty...with my touch everything would just die." Alexis bowed her head a little for her lack of talent of a green thumb, but she didnt mind. she looked back up at it. Then she turned around and looked at Uri, who seemed to be remembering all his past goodies with peaches. She chuckled and shook her head a little.
"You didn't have to come up here you know.....I wasnt insisting on anything." She looked back to the orchard, a gust of wind blew and her hair flew back a little then back on her shoulders. "Just trying to be friendly."

"It's fine," he answered. "I'm just used to my position up there," he pointed to the balcony. "Plus, if I see something that I don't like, it's easier to shoot at from there." Catching himself staring as her hair flew away from her shoulders, he forced himself to turn his attention back to the peach trees. "Thank you...for being friendly. It means a lot." He grinned at her, moving a bit closer to her.

"You know." she smiled down at herself. "Its really rare to get any friendliness out of me." Alexis breathed, feeling that he was inching closer. "My nature is mean, rude, and rough and I dont think twice about who I hurt or how much I cuss or anything....Im like that annoying bitch everyone wants to get away from...but..." She looked over at him. "I dont know, maybe I'm getting sick or something." she joked a little.