The Demon War

Uri froze in fear when Alexis scooted closer to him, thinking, This is it, Uri, she's gonna killed you. Wrong thing to say, you idiot. When she smiled, he wasn't sure whether to be more scared or relieved. If you're gonna go out, he decided, better do it doing something crazy. Heart pounding in his chest, as if trying to escape it, he whispered, "I think you are closer to an angel than any human I have met," and closed the space between the two of them, glad that she had gotten closer to him now.

If Alexis had a heart, it'd be pounding straight out her chest by now. She blinked as he dare get closer to her, and she blushed, unable to hide it anymore. "U-Uri..." She muttered. This was it, either now or never. At least in her mind it was. Should I kiss him...? She thought to herself. Might as well, he was already so close. But her making the first move? she didnt want to seem forceful or anything. She gulped, just sitting there so close, she could feel his body heat, their foreheads touching they were so near.

Muttering a soft, "Um..." at the awkardness, Uri hesitantly brought his hand up to Alexis' cheek, cupping it gently. Tilting his head just so, he pressed his lips against hers, wondering how it had come to be that he was sharing a kiss with a demon he had only met the night before. Maybe it was through loneliness, he tried to tell himself, that he had kissed her so soon. Normally, he wasn't the sort to kiss on the first date, if this was even what it could be called.

Before she knew it, her lips met his and they were entranced in a kiss. As their lips came together she felt a little bit of a spark, and moved her body a little closer so their lips crushed together more. What was she doing? What was she thinking? This was a human! She thought over and over to herself. But something was definitely different about him, something she liked. Though their personalities and views so different...how could it work? She didn't try to think of that too much, right now, it seemed like the world was in balance.

Oh, my God, thought Uri as he felt Alexis kissing him back. He wasn't sure what to think, but he was simply glad that she wasn't going to kill him, as he thought. At least, not yet, he added ruefully. However, he had to pull away eventually, running out of breath. Taking a couple deep ones to steady himself, he shakily said, "Thank you...Uh...Sorry I'm not very good at it, I haven't had much practice out here."

A small whimper, much like a dog, left Alexis's mouth as Uri pulled away. Though she knew the kiss had to end some time. She looked at him with big eyes, and she smiled, feeling herself straighten back up. "Thank you?" she chuckled. "Practice?" She laughed again. "Kissing is an instict...not something you practice, silly..." she smiled softly, feeling the heat on her cheeks. "B-but you are a good kisser..." she managed to spit out, and as she did, she got up and started to walk towards the window. "I know you just met me...I hope you didn't feel like you needed to kiss me or something...I know that sounds a little weird but..." her voice trailed off.

"No," Uri immediately answered. "I wanted to. It felt nice." Though he was slightly saddened by the fact that she had left him sitting on the bed, he didn't let it show on his face, instead looking to her with a level gaze. "Uh..." he struggled to find an excuse to use to get out the awkward situation. "I've got to go straighten up the bedrooms in case we get someone in tonight." With that, he stood up to leave, biting the insides of his cheeks instinctively.

That was weird. A kiss and he talks like nothing happened almost. But she shrugged it off. That was the kind of person she was, she guessed. She looked back at him, and crossed her arms, almost holding them. "Oh, um, alright." She took a step forward, before he was completely out the room. "You uh, need some help? Straightening?" She asked, really wanting to help. she didnt jut want to bum off of him the whole time she was there, she wanted to contribute and help with any demons that might stop by.

"Uh, sure," he replied, a slight redness coming to his cheeks. "We can work on this floor first, then..." Trailing off, he went into the adjacent room, where Rachel and her husband had slept the night before. Stripping the bed, knowing that if someone else slept there, they could get sick, he set them in a pile on the floor before moving to the dresser, checking the drawers to make sure everything was neat and in its place. However, before he could get to it, something on top of the dresser caught his eye. It was money, more than two hundred dollars, at least, set beneath a small flower pot. Taking the money into his hands, he looked at it for a moment, trying to decide if Rachel and her husband had left it on purpose or accident.

"Then...what?" she tilted her head, confused that he trailed off in such a sentance. She shook her head, and a small smile crept along her face as she walked, keeping her arms crossed and she followed him to a bedroom that he was cleaning up. As she walked in, she saw him holding the money in his hands. Her eyes widened and she gulped. "Man thats a lot of cash....where'd you get it?"

"I, uh, think that Rachel left it here...I'm not sure if it's for us or if she left it here accidentally..." He trailed off, wondering if he should try to find them. They couldn't be too far, could they? Checking the time on his wristwatch, he frowned. By now, they would be halfway to South Carolina by now. He frowned. They might need the money, if they realized that they didn't have as much food as they thought, but Uri couldn't stand the thought that Rachel and her family might need the money for medicine for Rachel or food for Ariel.