The Dark Matter Research

Aiden could see his Green light. The black in it looked stronger or maybe the green was dimmer? He reached into the light feeling the all to familer resistance. He pushed as hard as he could and made it into the green ball. "whew" he said. and floated to the center. " ok now to try and find some plants some where." He searched with his mind feel and channeling his energy searching for any kind of green power. There a couple hundred feet away a small little flower in the corner. "Come on. Come on little on you can do it." he muttered. The flower etended a root into the ground and another and another. More an more flowers bloomed then died bloomed then diedad briar kept taking thier energy and then regrowing them. this way he could keep making more energy to take. It was slow but working.

Coriandre opened her eyes and looked around her room. Her room was filled with things she had made tapestries and clothes boots and blankets. I got through to him. She thought. She had been Watching Aiden ever since he was brought to the facility. She escaped not long after he did but she couldnt track him. He seemed to move without leaving any kind of trail. That made it nearly impossible. Butjust when she was going to give up hope she saw the news report of the two kids. One a girl the Other a boy who Allegedly could control plants. At last she had a trail. She went to where he was lost by the cops and searched for his esccence and struck gold. since then she was watching him and the girl she had latched herself to Aidens power with ease. She Stood and turned toward the window. She looked upon the city and smiled. The entire place was in a desert and was made of sand. They all called her the witch of the Sand because of fher ability to see into peoples mind and also to control sand. She decided to wait. She knew Aiden would come when he had the strength.

(OOc: just posting to move it to top of list so people will reply)

Rayne was quickly fading. She just needed rest, or so she thinks. She closed her eyes. This was an interesting experience to have just getting out of the facility, that is for sure. But she just kept hoping that somehow Aiden would be okay. She took a few more deep breaths. She was melting away and relaxing.

Jax stopped to take a breathe. He didn't see anyone chasing him, so he figured he's safe. In fact, he didn't see ANYONE lately. "What's going on here? The city's dead man..." Hands on his knees, he tried to figure what his next step should be. He then stood back up and adjusted his hat, there's gotta be someone around somewhere.

He kept walking for about 10 minutes when he stumbled upon two people just lying down. The area around them was messed up! He quickly hurried over, not bother to look any further. The girl was breathing heavily, but she didn't look too good. And the guy, well.... He looked over to see something odd happening. Flowers popping up and dying. He looked back at the two. Was one of them doing this? He went over to get a closer look. It looks like one would pop up then wither. It was an odd sight. "Man, what is going on here?"

Aiden was slowly getting energy back. Good the flower thing was working. The light in him steadily grew brighter, but it still wasn't enough to wake. There is a boy watching you he doesn't seem to mean harm. The plants mentioned. Leave him be for now, we will deal with it later. Aiden went back to work.

"Dude, you plants are looking withered... do you need water or something?" he shook his head. "What, I'm talking to plants now, that place has messed with my head!" He studied them once more. "Well, it couldn't hurt. I mean they sure aren't acting normal." He looked to the sky and noticed there was a few clouds. "Lame skill, but man, easy to use." He twirled his finger then swiped down, and there was a light pour in the spot he had pointed to. He just gave it enough to not drown the flower. He then signaled for it to stop and went to watch the plant. "Let's see if it did anything..."

Aiden eyes opened wide as the plants bbegan to grow rapidly out of his control. What the hell is going on here? he tthought. The plants started to cover his body giving him all thier extra energy. The Water from the sky. It was full of life and energy. they told him. They were all feeding him energy at this rate i should wake very soon in fact i could get up now. Aiden's eyes flickered open. its a nearly clear day so where did that rain come from? he thought. He sat up and put his arms out in opposite directions. The plants flowed from his body to his arms and onto the walls. Aiden turned after all the plants were off him. He Turned and saw a boy. "Ah who the hell are you?"" aiden asked.

Jax fell in surprise. "Holy - ow." He reached up to make sure his hat hadn't been messed up by instinct as he looked at Aiden. "So it WAS you messing with these! I was concentrating on these little things that I forgot to check up on you guys." He looked over to Rayne who had still not gotten up. "What's your story? Man, dealing with plants like this, it ain't normal." He finally stood up and brushed off his pants.

"not being normal is the least of my problems" Aiden rushed over to Rayne. "shit shit shit shit shit. Was the Travel to great on her?" he said aloud. "you there. boy" he said turning to the young man. "What city am I in? And how busy is it?"

"Man, I don't know nothing. All I can tell you is that this city is way too quiet for being a city. I just happen to run here. My pals didn't make it." He motions over to Rayne, "Man, she looks tired as hell. Whatever happened here," he looks around to see the after math of a fight, "might have taken a lot from her. Seeing that though, I'm surprised you have so much energy to do much."

Rayne focused on deep breath. She was starting to hear voices, but something kept pulling her to sleep. To rest. But she didn't want to go deeper.

Aiden put his hand over Raynes heart. He blushed slightly at the area he was near. "Her Pulse is Extremely weak. Whats Happening here. Rayne Rayne Wake up come on rayne." Aiden said. "The only reason i have energy is because of the plants some thing made them grow faster they said it was water." He said without even looking up. Coriandre? Coriandre I need your help. he was looking inside himself now trying to see if he could reach her.

Coriandre was walking aorund the market when she heard Aiden call her. Yes Aiden? What is it? she used her power to respond. The only reason he could even talk to her first was because she had been in his mind so recently and because she had latched some of her power to his. Coriandre. Rayne is in trouble. She passed out and won't wake up. I don't know what to do. he responded. Coriandre looked at her through his eyes. I don't know whats wrong I can't do anything from here. Aiden get her inside and safe I'll catch the next plane to you guys I'll Be there as soon as i can. She said. and cut the conversation.

Aiden opened his eyes and frowned. He turned to the boy "do you have a ploace we can stay? If you do I'll Eexplain everything there."

Rayne heard his voice again. That was Aiden, she was sure of it. She tried to wake up, but she could not muster a thing. Then she realized what she did. She used too much energy trying to heal Aiden, and now her body is reacting. But at least she kept enough to keep her... well, alive. But only just. She will figure a way to get better, she has to. But, she thought it was worth it. He was the first to be nice to her in a long time. Even tried to help her, she will never regret doing so.

Jax looked surprised. "Ah man, sorry bro. I just got to this city... But I did see an abandoned building that I debating staying in. So.. I guess if you want, you can follow me and I will show you where it is. It's not too hard to get into. I mean, go through a window and you can open the door once inside. Worth a shot." He then thought about what Aiden had said prior. "Wait, energy from water? That's what-" he cut himself off. Why tell this guy about his abilities? He's not even fully sure what is going on and if he can be trusted. Maybe it was his fault that this girl is like this.

Aiden reacted to what the boy said. His eyes narrowed. What was he going to say. he mused. No time for that. For all I know I'm the reason Rayne ended up like this. I have to make sure she gets better. Then I've gotta leave. She's strong enough to survive on her own. I'll leave her a sword, That should help her and I'll Finish teaching her the basics and how to use it. But then I've got to leave I can't let her get hurt again. Aiden thought all this and a tear came to his eye. He turned to the kid. "I'm Aiden Hart. This is Rayne. Please lead the way." he said. He then Turned and picked up Rayne gently and cradled her in his arms. "Lead the the way."

Coriandre Boarded Flight 534 to Las Vegas, Nevada which was just a couple hundred miles from Paradise, Nevada where she knew Aiden was. I hope Rayne is alright She is Crucial to my plan. Coriandre thought. Rayne's was extremely weak. Her light almost out. And Aiden dear Aiden. He was strong but stupid He rushed into things without thinking. But he has a good heart. He can be taught and if he is willingto learn he will be more powerful than he is now. She Sat in her seat Behind a Bald man. Coriandre couldn't see his face but noted his strange aura. Probably nothing. The flight took off. Hold on Aiden I'll Be there soon.

Rayne felt like there was black all around her. And if she moved, she was just walking further into the black. She was frustrated. 'I'm coming Aiden, just give me time... I'll get out of here...'

Jax watched Aiden carefully. He noticed the tear but wrote it off, still weary. "Alright man, follow me." He went to the direction that he had just come by. He lead slowly so Aiden could keep up while carrying the girl. He also kept an eye out for all water sources in case he needed them. In this desert, sometimes it was a bit harder to come by. He lead them to a house that looked empty. It had been lived in once, and possibly for sale, but it wasn't publicly displayed. No one had been there in a while, looking at the state of things. He turned to Aiden. "Wait here at the door. I will go around back to let you in. We want to try to not break anything so we can lock up and set things up so we can tell when someone gets in or is trying to get in." Not waiting for a response, he went to the back of the house. Finding some water, he directed it towards the window and the latch. He froze the water so it broke the latch. He easily climbed opened the window and climbed in to open the door for Aiden.

As Aiden waited he looked at Rayne. "Your not going to die on me kid. I won't let it happen." He said with a sad voice.The door opened and walked into the building. Its was dusty and there wasn't much light. "it will have to do." Aiden walked into what looked to be the lving room. He Laid Rayne down on an old couch. "so what do you want to know?" Aiden said turning.

Jax looked at Aiden, trying to figure out his first question. Should it be about the plant thing he mentioned earlier or- "What happened to you two? When I found you guys, it looked like a battlefield man." There was a corner where there had been some water damage. He wasn't sure if he could use that, but if it came to a fight, he was willing to try. "You were passed out, then had energy all of the sudden."

"The fight didn't take place here. The alley looks like that because of me. We met some old friends and ummm got reaquainted with each other. It's wasn't the best of reunions. The reason i passed out was because I used to much energy getting me and Rayne out of there. If i thought i could've won i would've stayed. But-" Aiden cut off remembering the flames burning everything green thing. "As it was I was low on energy. I didn't stand a chance. As for her. I think it was my fault. I pushed her to hard. But I'm so proud of her." Aiden said all this without looking at the boy. "anything else?"

"Well shit, took the questions out of me," Jax replied, noticing how Aiden really was worried about the girl. "Do you or her need any water?" He remembered seeing where movies had the person wake up after a wet rag or towel was placed on their heads. He didn't have rag or towel, but he could do the wet part.

Rayne, in her mind, looked around, scared. It was way too dark. She was starting to get scared, worried the monsters would get her. But she heard Aiden's voice again. She knew she was safe if he was near. But she also heard another voice. Who was it?

Aiden turned to Rayne. "I'm not sure she can swallow. And I'm ok." Aiden said. In truth Aiden didn't trust the boy. Aiden placed his hand on Raynes. He entered his Center and grabbed a thread of his power. He pulled it slowly out towards rayne. When it reached his finger tip it halted unable to leave his body. "DAMNIT!" he shouted "WHY CAN'T I HElP. ALL THIS POWER AND IT'S USELESS" The little plants there were Exploded into growth in the wake of Aidens rage. Aiden stood and started shaking. The ivy on the wall blew through the wall of the kitchen and flowed into the living room around Aiden. The plants Swirled in a circle around Aidens feet. They moved up his body Entering his mind and Center Spreading calm through his body. Aiden sank to his knees crying. The plants stayed.

Coriandre Landed in las vegas and rrented a car. She Drove out to paradise. when she arrived the town was empty and quiet. "now where is Aiden." She walked throught the town When She heard a Crash. "What the hell?" She ran in the direction of the noise. She came to an abandoned building. Ivy was flowwing into a wall is had jusst brokem apart. "Aiden." She walked to the door and used sand to blow it open. She walked in with the sand flowing around her. She walked into a room and saw Aiden Weeping Rayne on the couch laying still and another boy standing around. She sent the sand flying at the boy.

Jax flicked his wrists to summon some water just to act as a shield when the plants had started exploding around him. Low and behold, he was glad he did when sand started hitting it. "What the hell!" he yelled. He jumped trying to get behind a wall, because as little water as there was, it wasn't going to protect him again much. "What is this? Does EVERYONE have a special talent now-a-days or what? Plant boy and Dust Girl?"

Rayne heard his crying. "Aiden! Aiden! I'm right here!" her mind cried out. She was getting nowhere. There had to be something she could do! She tried to focus. Maybe just trying to focus energy will do something. Only problem is, she wasn't sure how much she had. She had to have gathered some by now.

Coriandre watched as the boy used water to block her sand. She Sneered at his comment. She didn't like his aura it stank like sewage water. "Who are you? What are you doing here? Why is he so devastated?" She said in a loud voice. "Your Answer better be good or you'll regret it Water boy. That Shield is weak and flimsy It stands no chance against my Sand."

Aiden looked up at the sound of a familier voice. "Cor-Coriandre? Is that you?" His eyes caught her face. "Coriandre thank god. Rayne, you need to help her. I can't do anything im so helpless." He started crying again. Rayne was a friend. One of the first he ever had. He couldn't lose her.

Coriandre looked at him. " It's going to be ok. Watch him for me while I look at Rayne" She said and pointed to the boy. "ok"