The Dark Matter Research

" theres no need I'll be fine the plants here help i just need to rest. You see my power also lies with plants. I wield them as if the were a part of me; in someways they are. I can feel everything they do and can converse with them towell kind of they dont have voices per say but i can understand them. The downside is that i can feel thier pain to which is why i dont like cities most of the plants there are in pain or extremely sad most are on the verge of death. But enough about me. What is your power exactly i gather ts to do with light. and as for controlling your power i should be able to help with that after we get settled"

Rayne was amazed. So he was special, just like her. She knew from what she had seen, but it was nice to hear confirmation from him himself. "I-I deal with light. I'm not sure what all that refers to or to the extent. They tried to talk to me about it and grow, but... honestly, I was too scared to pay attention. I'm pretty weak," she admitted. "I am - or was- a big scardy cat." She made her hand glow lightly, but it was not noticable in a lovely lighted area that they were in. "I know it can get warm and offer some heat, and that I can heal to some extent. But that's about it." She quickly shut off the power. "I could probably do it from more than just my hands, but that is all I have learned, so it is what I stick with."

"Well we should get moving." Aiden said and stood. He streched and started walk through a grove of tree smaking a point to touch each and every treehe could reach and to reach for the ones he couldn't. The vines and flowers seemed to follow him and them stare at Rayne as they walked. They only walked a couple minutes when they came to a wall of ivy. "were here" Aiden placed his hands on the ivy and it parted revealing a cave entrance. Aiden walked in and closed the vines behind rayne. "so this is my home." he said with a smile. "You can sit there" and pointed to what looked like a moss covered couch. He sat and Turned to Rayne. "So I have an idea about you power and how to help you control it. When i learned to control plants and my Spatial Powers I Looked Deep withing myself and found a kind of ball. It was made up of green light with a mix of Darkness. I soon learned that that was my power. It took me a long time to even be able to touch it. It felt like something was pushing me back. So I decided to push harder. after months of practice i could tap into the "ball" anytime with little effort. But i didnt fully understand the power and it was difficult to control something I didnt understand. The plants were much easier because it wasa like they were apart of me all though it took me a while to relize i wasnt above them but i was them in a sense. But eventually i understood and now, well you can see what i can do. When the scientists relized i could control plants like that they locked me awayin a concrete cell without any plant life for miles. I felt like i was wilting. It was then i decided to try and enter the dark part of the ball. The scientists didnt know about that part. Thats where the spatial door comes from. i practiced with it sending smaill thing like my shoes and such across my room. i was sick for weeks it cost so much energy to move small things. when everthey fed me i would move food around soon i was able to do it without any energy loss. I started moving parts of my cell around then my self i nearly died the first time i moved myself. but i lived. and then finally i could escape. i thought of a forest near my old house andstepped into the darkness i made it through barely and ive been wandering since living of of plants ive grown." Aiden said this with a quiet voice. "But anyway i think you may have a "ball" in you to. if you can learn how to access this ball in a greater extent you should be able to enhance your power and i should be able to help. What do you think? You want to try it?"

Rayne shook off the feeling as if she was being watched and looked in wonder around her. She gasped when he showed her where his home is, and happily sat on the moss covered cough. It was more comfortable than she thought it would be. When he started to speak, she focused on his words, taking it all in. She was amazed he figured out as much as he did by himself. She had people trying to 'help' her and still didn't make much progress. "Yes!" she answered quickly, nodding enthusiastically. "I would love to learn how to access this. I do not want to be so helpless anymore. How did you do this all by yourself? It must have been very hard..."

"I'm not sure. I think the strength of the plants helped me just like i suspect the sun will be your strength. Since I'm not comfortable being outside right now, we will practice here." Aiden Looked to the roof of the cave and waved his hands at it. The vines and roots on the ceiling parted revieling the sun it shone in as bright as if they were out side. "Step in to the light Rayne. I want you to feel the light take it in feel your connection to it and search in yourself to where it touches you."

Rayne sighed and nodded. She'll do it if it helps. She stepped into the light, with her head lowered. But once she felt the warmth, she started to feel renewed. Like she suddenly had more energy than she could ever believe to have. She looked up and smiled, admiring the warmth. "So this is what I have been missing..." she whispered. Her memories of the dark room slowly faded away and she enjoyed the sun. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and slowly let it out. Now, to figure where it was touching her...

"How do I tell where the connection is?" she asked, her hair appearing much lighter than before. "I don't know what to focus on. I just feel... energy just about everywhere."

Interesting Aiden thought. he could see how the light affected her it gave her confidenceshe was standing straighter looking healthier. Perhaps her power is more Wild and spread than mine. i mean light is much more eratic than plants. But to control it she must learn to gather it. he thought. " try gathering the energy you feel pull it into you." He said camly. He started pacing around her. Watching her. "Keep your breath even. In. Out. Feel the lights flow. It spreads and flows around you its energy in its purest form. "

Rayne nodded and kept her eyes closed. She started to move her fingers when she got an idea. She can control the light through her hands fine... now that she is focused, she can pay more attention to what that feels like. She put her hands together, palms touching, and started to concentrated. Light started to show as she worked on how it felt.

"Warm," she whispered, as she felt the tingling go through her entire body, aiming for their destination: her hands. She opened her eyes, and shut off the light. She looked at her hands. They are a lot hotter than they normally were. But... she may have found how it works. Or at least the gist of it.

Aiden Watched as she Put her hands together head bowed. Then his eyes widedened as the light in the cave dimmed greatly seeming to enter Rayne then When she opened her eyes it returned to normal. She didnt seem to notice what she did but Aiden did. "Thats was interesting" he said thoughtfully. She has a lot of potential she can do great things i can see it.he thought then said " Ok you seem to have relized something. Can you feel the energy the light gives? Thats your power you can wield it in anyway. Now i want you to try Shifting the light that touches you move it away from you body don't let any hit you. the idea is if no light hits you then none will bounce off and you shouldnt be seen." he said. After he was done talking He Walked over to a tree that was in the cave and placed his hands on it. He closed his eyes and pulled his hands away With them came two swords made of wood. "thanks" he murmered to the tree. He turned back toward Rayne Waiting to See if she could control the light and its energy.

Rayne looked at him completely surprised. "So... I will in a sense become invisible?" she asked as she watched him walk over to the tree. Her eyes widened when she saw the swords. "W-what are you going to do with those?" She asked, unknowingly taking a step back. She knew that she should trust him, that he's gone through the same things as her, but she could not help her instincts.

Aiden watched her step back "HAHAHA theres no need to worry i wont hurt you Hehe. its for more training theres a lot to fit in right now and no offense i cant have you slowing me down. So we are going to keep training ok. And Yes in a sense you will be invisible." He walked over to her and handed her one of the swords. " You see you power deals with light which is energy and energy can be directed using a number of things a sword is on of them. I learned how to use a sword from my father before i was taken. It's and old skill and not of much use against guns and such...well not when used by a normal person but when used by us it becomes and exstention of our power we can use them to direct and use our power both offensivly and defensivly," He said and took a few steps back. "Heres and example of how I use it with my power." Aiden Closed his eyes in concentration. Then Quick as a flash he Raised the sword above his head and out of the ground rose Thick vines covered in huge thorns. He Slashed Downward and the vines followed his exact movement. The vines twisted and turn lashing out at invisble enemies. Aidn Duck And rolled and slashed all the while the vines followed. Then he rolled backwards and stood the vines moving towards himm and wrapping the sword in a thorny case he thrust forward and the vines shot straight ahead then in the middle of the thrust Aiden Twisted the blade and the thorns extended and extra foot outwards in all directions. Aiden then stepped back Closed his eyes again then Pretending toblock an enemy strike gaurded with the sword Then struck again but this time OPeneding a small spatial door And shot The vines ahead then entered the door and appeared From the cieling shooting straight down. He Took a breath then returned to an standing position the vines stood still and sank back into the ground. He looked to Rayne Without a word as a bead of sweat fell from his face.

Rayne nodded and smiled. She watches as he moved, admiring how the plants worked with him and seemed quite in harmony. He was training. The sword she was holding was facing downwards, as she was not focusing on keeping it up. Her eyes followed all movements she ended up focusing on the vines. They seemed strong and listened very well. She couldn't help but wonder about the weak and wilted plants. "Can you still do this with plants that aren't as healthy? Or the ones that move best are those that have been watered and have had the proper lighting?" She looked back at him, with a sense of pride. He is young and to have mastered this and get this far was quite an accomplishment.

"plants that are wilted and dieing still have energy. My ability has a price. To these plants I am life." he walked over to a wilting flower in the corner of the cave he touched it with a finger and he bloomed to full strength. but then he removed his finger and his face grew grim the flower suddenly turned black and died. "But I can also be death. By forcing a plant to grow faster than its natural rate is dangerous. the vines here have a long life span nearly infinite but this flower doesn'. By forcing its growth to speed up i took away the time it wouldve had and pushed it into mere seconds. If I had nursed the flower to health it would've lived longer. You see i must be extra careful not to push them to far. It hurts me when they die." he said and wiped away a tear. "But I will protect them with my life. Now your power is with light light is energy and energy can be anything, but you can control its purest form. That will make you a great fighter." Aiden said with a smile and stood. He looked to the roof again and waved his hand. The roots completely cover the hole and the cave went dark. " I want you tomake a light without heat. But instead of using your hands form the light around the sword make it glow. You have light inside you. You dont need the sun to use it. Remember the light is in you. It wll always be with you." he said and then was silent. And now it begins. if she has the confidence and bravery that comes with light then she can be even more powerfu lthan i am he thought

Rayne blushed as the words You have light inside you kept repeating in her mind. He believed she had strength to do it herself. She nodded and looked up to where the light used to be. She sighed as she stood straight once more and lifted the sword. She focused on it, and felt in in her hands. She took a deep breath to calm herself down and focused. She felt the energy rushing through her body to her hands, but this time, she tried to focus on the wood in her hands and to have it passed to it. The warmth continued past her hands and she didn't open her eyes, trying to have faith that it continued to the sword.

Aiden waited in the dark watching even a glimmer of light. Then it started in her chest and flowed down her arms and into the sword a faint glimmer that grew brighter and brighter. The cave sprakled in the light of her confidence. "Good Rayne Very Good your doing great. Now use your breathing to control the intensity of the light as you breath make the light dimmer and as you breth out let it grow brighter. Then gradually add heat not enough to burn the wood but enough to warm you." he ssaid with a smile. He was actually proud of her. Aiden set down on the floor and watched.

Rayne nodded. She was scared speaking would break it. She took a deep breath in, trying to take in energy with it, then breathed out putting energy back in. She repeated this a few times, trying to make it work. After she got a feel for it, she thought about heat, and tried to focus on that as the breathing exersize became comfortable.

"Very good Rayne your doing briliantly i knew you could do it. Now add more heat dont worry about the sword just add as much as you can. When you Can't Add anymore Slash downward with the sword releaseing the energy as you do let it fly forward moving with the blade. and then Flying away from the blade straight ahead." he said standing and walking behind her. " I'm Going to take your hands ok. Don't Panic." He PLaced his hands on hers and moved them in the basic slashing movement. "Slash like this. The sword is a part of you an extentsion of your hand."

She opened her eyes watch what he had showed her, but her concentration did not waiver. "O-okay. Got it." she whispered. She thought about releasing energy. First it started to get too bright and she quickly went to adjust it. She went to swing again and focus on letting the energy run through like how the sword went through the air. Her eyes shone with effort.

Aiden watched as Rayne Swung the Sword. WHOMP! A concussion hit the air as she swung. Aiden Was blasted off his feet with the force of the energy that was released. "AHH!" Aiden yelled as he flew. He threw out his arms and a vine shot out of the ground and caught him. It placed him on the ground and retreated. He looked at his Chest And his shirt was burned. "Hahahaha. that was an interesting effect." he said with a laugh and brushed himself off. "I think we need to work on your aim. Haha" he said with a chuckle. " But that was a great first try." He walked over and picked up his sword. " Now its time to Teach how to use a blade without energy. Come stand next to me" he said And Walked to the cave entrance facing the opposite wall. "Follow what i do it's a basic form but invaluable." he took a step forward thrusting with the sword exaderating the movement so she could follow. He then Slashed From the Top right side to the bottom left. Then The opposite Top left to Bottom RIght. He then did a vertical slash Then a Horiozantal slice. Then he repeated all the motions. All in exaderation so she could follow. Breathing In and out in and out. " Breathing is important it helps concentration."

Rayne squeaked in surprise as the energy rushed and... hit Aiden?! She was about to apologize but he laughed. Her lip slightly trembled but he seemed to be okay. He must be if he continued to the next thing. Rayne then noticed that she was beginning to feel drained. Using all this energy was starting to take it's toll. But she was going to try to push on. She nodded as she followed his moments. Then she went to lift her sword to mimic when her legs gave way and she was on the ground. She looked like she was in a sitting position, but she was purely exhausted. "How do you keep up with all of this?" she panted.