The Curse of Ellismire IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Max
The threesome decided to call it a day after several hours. It was starting to get dark, but not too bad. Max and Malik landed in a clearing, and Max used her magic to set up shelter, and Malik got a fire going. She placed a hand on the small of Malik's back, in between his wings. Feeling him shiver slightly at her touch, Max smiled. She knew what Malik wanted. He wanted to be alone, with her. She looked over, and saw Varen sitting by the fire. God, she wanted to be alone with Malik, but it just wasn't going to happen. Her whole being sung for him, yearned for him. But she had to be patient. She settled for a quick embrace. She pulled back and saw his familiar smirk.

Right then, her stomach growled, loudly. She was starving, which probably meant Malik was as well. She looked at Malik, a blush coming to her cheeks. "Why don't we go hunt? The way we used to?" she whispered in his ear. "You always were twice as hungry as I am, so let's go. We have some things to discuss anyway." she added softly. She stepped back, awaiting his reply.
@WarriorHeart
Zelena
Zelena's chopper landed back at the rendevous, and found that Dylan was waiting in his cell patiently. But she ignored him, his interrogation would come later. Azmere had told her earlier that Dylan requested an audience, concerning revenge on Max. How petty.

She turned her mind to the task at hand. It was time to get some real power. She would have to broadcast again, and more. She would need Demiel for this, Demiel should be up to full strength by now. She walked into her chambers. Changing into her normal workable dress, she looked in the mirror for the first time in a long time. She had lost weight, a significant amount, causing her once comfortably fit dress to be a bit loose.
With a single thought, she willed her dress to shrink enough to fit comfortably again, and it did so.
After this, she went and entered Demiels chambers, to find her asleep with Ava next to her. "Mother, why don't you go back to your room, I have some things to discuss with Demiel." When Ava looked at her and started to protest, Zelena just glared, and pointed. Getting the point, Ava left, leaving them alone.
Sitting on the edge of the bed, Zelena put a hand on her childhood friend's shoulder, silently awaking her. "Hey, hon. How are you feeling?"
((@wildpelt please use more than a one liner....)

"My name is James Hawthorne." the knight replied.

He sat in silence for several minutes. "So... is there anything you wanna talk about? Chat passes the time. Life... before the fog? Plans after we finish?"

Yiktak looked up at James, "How about our life before this? That sounds like it would be good to discuss..." Yiktak nodded, "After that we can discuss about what we plan to do after we finish." Yiktak peered up at James, "Would you like to start Hawthorne?"

"I, uh. I was a soldier before. My family always lived on the edge of the country, so we and our allies skirmished nearly every year with foreigners, usually during the summer. So, I fought a lot since I was about fourteen or so. Had the sweetest wife, though." he smiled nostalgically.

"Still have a daughter. She's the one I'm looking for. Looks like me, but she's sweet like her mother, thank God."

"I guarded the Egg-chambers. My task was keeping the hatchlings safe, and protecting the warren. I would also help out the Care-takers in making sure the little ones used the practice pick-axes properly." Yiktak chuckled, "Sometimes the hatchlings mess it up, I remember when I was trying to gnaw on the pick-axe when I was just a little youngling." Yiktak paused for a moment before speaking again "You know, I never really left the Conquerors Warren before... Well, I did when the Elders thought I'd be a good protector in the Expedition Guard for Diplomat Rekip." Yiktak frowned a bit, "I hope they are doing alright."

Yiktak paused for a moment as he was pondering. "I don't have a mate." Yiktak looked down, "Though there was one I was hoping I could be with. But I know for the Tribe's sake she should be with someone from the Sorcerers ranks..."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, did you ever ask her out?" James asked. "If you really wanna be with her, it can't hurt to try. I mean, why's it so important she be with a Sorcerer? I mean, you know what I was doing when the fog came? Some jackass came talking about an arranged marriage with my daughter, know what I did? I chased him off with this hammer."

James looked at the kobold. "Look, my point is, you like this girl, and I bet you're alright yourself. I mean, you were guarding a diplomat. So the least you can do is try."

Yiktak looked towards the ground, "I was going to ask her... After we defeated the Dwarven Raid upon our Warren." Yiktak chuckled, "They thought they would take our mines, and they fell to us. But, before I had the chance to talk to her, one of the Dwarven groups managed to sneak close to the Hatchery. I had to defend the hatchlings. It was good none of the hatchlings were killed, but I was unable to find her, and give her the token I took from one of the Dwarven Leaders." Yiktak peered at James, "I still have it. It was part of the Dwarf's beard, and one of their axes. I keep it in my personal chamber in the warren."

Yiktak looked towards the ground again, "She... She's a Priestess of Kurtulmak. Oh, whenever she would lead the worship ceremonies, her voice was sweet, like the sound of a pickaxe hitting valued minerals, or the sound of a hatchling's laughter. She has great magic, she is a gifted child of Kurtulmak... If she was with a Sorcerer they'd breed great magic users for the tribe."

Yiktak looked at James, and smiled a bit, "D-do you honestly think I have a chance? And, you are quite scary with weapons... How did the suitor react?"

"Look, I've met dwarves." James explained. "If you really beat one in a straight fight, you've proven yourself a fine warrior. So yeah; I think you have a chance."

"I'd feel lucky to beat one of those crazies." he added.

Yiktak smiled, "Well, I couldn't have beat him without the proper training I received from the Elder Warrior who I was apprenticed under. If you want to hear that story, I'd be more than happy to tell you about it. That day was one of our finer ones in battle." Yiktak bawled his left claws, as he spoke with an increased vigor, "When I get back... I will ask her if she would want to be with me!" Yiktak smiled as he peered at James.

"Thank you... Hawthorne." Yiktak scratched at his scaly jaw. "Oh, what fight did you take the most pride in? You said you were in many skirmishes... Was there any particular one that you enjoy telling the story of?"

"Hm..." James scratched his chin. "I don't suppose I've got anything particularly exciting to tell. Racked up quite a few heads, though. I guess after years of doing it, it all kinda blends together. Funny, I could tell you near anything I saw my daughter do."

Yiktak glanced at James, "Ah, what does your daughter do? I can tell you about the hatchlings after-wards if you want.."

Angellus
Angellus smiled. Darvy here had a problem. Angellus was still hungry. "In a bit, big guy. I'm gonna go hunt. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!" he said, as he left. Slamming the door leaving Darvian in the dark again, he went back to the park. Walking, he had time to clear his head and think. A while back, he was cursed. Cursed with a soul. Some gypsies wanted to make him pay for all the damage he had done to them when he was first a vampire. A soul and a vampire don't mix. But then, he got involved with this girl, and when they first slept together, he experienced a moment of true happiness. This ripped away his soul, restoring him to what he truly was, and what he was happy to be. A creature of the night, instrument of the darkness.
He was stopped by a fellow Vampire another henchmen of Zelena's. He handed him a letter including his orders. He was to go to Jersey. THe reason, he would know it when he saw it. Nodding, he followed the vampire to a chopper that was waiting to take him to the coordinates.
Upon landing, he took off walking again. He was told he was going to know it when he saw it. A sound broke his thoughts, it was a little girls voice, or crying. Smiling, Angellus slowed, and rounded a corner to find a girl, no older than 10 years old, hugging her knees, and trying to smother her sobs. Angellus walked up to her, and knelt in front of her. "Hey, hon. What's wrong? Don't you know it's dangerous to be out here alone this late? Where's your family?" he asked, he was a very good actor.
(@DaCageFighter)

Last edited by a moderator:
It had been several days since Anya arrived... wherever she was. Alone in the woods, she was found by an American family that chased the wild animals away. The couple that found her took her home, having no success in finding Anya's father. She was quite afraid of them, but began to warm up as they continued to show their genuine care towards her. However, she felt that she needed to find her father and that while stuck in the couple's apartment, she could have no success. Eventually, she found herself alone on the street and hungry. Then she was found by something else.

Anya poked her head upward to see a taller man- or at least Anya believed it was a man; Anya wasn't quite sure. The girl wiped the tears from her eyes then backed slightly away. Her father had alerted her to be very wary of strangers. "Stranger bad!" she protested, crawling away.

Angellus smiled his 'innocent' smile, "I'm not going to hurt you dear. I promise you that." he said softly. "But I approve of your parents teaching you that strangers are bad, I'm not a stranger. I have candy, see?" he coaxed, holding a chocolate bar out. "Im only concerned for you. I got lost in a big city like this once, it was one of the most terrifying experience I've ever had." He smiled encouragingly. "I'm Angel. May I ask your name?" he encouraged her as best he could.

"Man, where do I start." James gushed. "Just raising her is like... the only thing worth living for. And I know I'm not a pro. I think after my wife passed, I'm just trying to..."

"Tch. Look at me getting soft." James shook his head. "Let's ride."

Yiktak remarked in a joking matter, "Well that's because you don't have scales." Yiktak stared at James and nodded, "Let us venture forth to this Kingdom of 'Florida'". Yiktak glanced around the area to check if there was anything strange going on.

And as it looked the same as when they were talking, Yiktak returned his attention to James and his noble steed.

Dylan
Dylan sat in his cell. He liked this plan so far. His plan, to request to be of service to Zelena, to switch sides, was sound. he was only switching so he could spy, and somehow relay that information to Max. Max. God he missed her. He remembered the feel of her in his arms, when Malik went off and abandoned them. His whole being yearned for her. He hated the notion that she would think him evil, for working for Zelena. But she must see that there is a purpose to it all! Of course, she already thought him annoying, pushy, stupid. Evil is just one more step, wasn't it? Of course, he was expecting to be put through torture, and all. But he would ultimately be able to do it....

He was jerked out of his thoughts by the doors to his cell slamming open. Two men armed with guns came in, and hauled him into a dark room, and threw him into a cell. He could already tell there was someone else in this cell with him, by the sound of breathing in this echoey chamber. Standing up, he shook himself off. Testing each wing to see they were functional, he pulled them in, folding them against his back. "Alright, I know someone's here. Who are you?" he demanded to know.
(@04LIDOB )

Anya inched even further back. "Daddy said that strangers with candy are even worse" she explained, glaring at Angellus. As he took out the candy bar, she looked curiously at it. All the modern amenities were still very foreign to her. Back at home, sweets were never wrapped up, but simply presented by either her father or the house workers.

Appearing adorably threatening, Anya puffed up her cheeks toward Angellus. Then suddenly, she dropped her tensity. "Angel" she murmured "so she really is a girl..." Anya felt slightly safer, getting closer to 'Angel'.

Darvian
After taunting Angellus, he gave the most intriguing reply ever to Darvian, "In a bit, big guy. I'm gonna go hunt. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!"
wow, just wow, Darvian taunted Angellus, and all he does is walks away? What a coward! Darvian gave a brief snort and pout an sat back in the corner of the cell, and then...
the cell door opened, and in popped a person, a person in which he knew very well by his voice, which then proceeded to speak, "Alright, I know someone's here. Who are you?"
It was none other than that bastard Dylan, who got him here in the first place, immediate anger filled and fueled him to immediately spot him, and he dashed toward Dylan he then tackled him to the ground and proceed to punch his face until he started to bleed, this time he was intending him to die. He spoke to Dylan with most fury, "Why did you do this to me? Why did you cause me so much pain...Why aren't you dead yet? YOU MUST NOT LIVE!" the longer it went the more harder his punches were. He intended for each one to mean the pain and insanity that followed his failure, over this one stupid bird."I've killed dozens like you, and you shall be no different!"
Meanwhile the two guards decided to have their input, "Should we interviene?"
"Nah, I think we should let them duke it out, I want to see what happens!"
"Wanna grab some popcorn? I heard that there is a popcorn machine around here."
"Sure." they said as they left the two to kill each other.​

Angellus
Angellus smiled. "What's your name, dear? Where are you from? Are you from Jersey?" he prodded, opening up the candy bar for her, taking a square and eating it or himself, to show it's not poisoned. It was so much better when they came willingly, made their blood all the more sweet. He was thirsty, very thirsty, standing this close to her, smelling the blood run through her veins. But he would hold off, until he gained her trust. That was the best part you see, seeing the look of betrayal on their faces. He continued to smile sweetly at the girl, hoping he didn't look to creepy.

Dylan
Too late, he realized that it was the dragon creature, Darvian. By the time he realized it, the creature was already on him, and his nose was bleeding. "Bloody hell, Darvy. Got a little pent up anger there?" he snarled. He bucked, throwing Darvian off of him, and wiped his nose. Blood still gushing, he roundhouse kicked Darvian in the head, causing his head to jerk back violently.
Throwing several punches at Darvian, he felt most of them connect. A few hits in, and his hands were wet with blood. Darvian was at an advantage here, he could see better than he could. "What? I too slick for you to keep a grasp on? That it? Is mama angry that I escaped. I'm soooooo sorry, Darv. Is there any chance you could forgive me?" Dylan mocked. He punched Darvian hard in the snout, causing blood to gush and squirt out of his nostrils. He managed to get behind the creature, and put him in a headlock. Squeezing with all his might, he tried to knock the creature unconscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.