The Covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still interested in this. I can double up if necessary.
I understand. There's always a willingness to do so from good players. But Kitti is the first interest shown in more than a week, and is in fact the most activity in more than in a week. Chrono has yet to do anything with their CS, and a few people from the Interest Check dropped.

Hello! So, um, is this still open for signups or no? If so then I'd love to join :D

Confirmed, we have the Elementalist and the Enchanter. I think the Illusionist was claimed by an interested party, yet not signed up. The Metamorph, the Psychic, and the Timekeeper all are unclaimed I believe. I would like to see this get back up. A pet peeve of mine is joining a rp and it not even start. These stories have so much potential.

I'm interested in this. At the moment I'm somewhat torn between the Metamorph or the Psychic, but I will most likely be going with Psychic for the sake of starting to develop a character for now. I'll be working on that to have it posted soon should this move forward.

I'll see where my Elementalist stands. I'll edit as needed.

kanoo_by_nightloq-d7q714u.jpg

Horace "Zap" Wilder
Age 16

Life doesn't really start easy for a scrawny little blond kid, especially not when his name is Horace. What he lacked in the coolness department, however, he more than made up for in goodwill and energy. His parents were both busy people, somewhere on the verge of success and enough to make them well-off but not wealthy. They weren't often home and Horace grew tired of having nannies and babysitters meet him at the door after school. He loved more than anything the holiday breaks when his parents were, more or less, home. Even when they were tired and frazzled, he would talk their ears off about everything that had happened to him in school. He never told them about how sometimes the other kids roughed him up or how lonely he felt, because he wanted them to be happy and maybe want to spend more time with him.

Within the next couple of years, Horace learned that if he made friends with everyone and was always upbeat, positive, and friendly, most of the kids were nice to him and they protected him from the ones who weren't won over by his enthusiasm. He became the blond teenager that everyone knew and was friends with. That thought that it was cool that his parents basically let him stay home by himself all the time and eat frozen pizza. His parents didn't even care if he hung out at his friends' houses all the time! And so it was that little crybaby Horace became Zap, one of the most popular kids in school.

Zap's powers are still weak and he can conjure little more than brief illusions of a small size. He creates little butterflies and such things to keep him company when he feels lonely.​

Last edited by a moderator:
kanoo_by_nightloq-d7q714u.jpg

Horace "Zap" Wilder
Age 16

Life doesn't really start easy for a scrawny little blond kid, especially not when his name is Horace. What he lacked in the coolness department, however, he more than made up for in goodwill and energy. His parents were both busy people, somewhere on the verge of success and enough to make them well-off but not wealthy. They weren't often home and Horace grew tired of having nannies and babysitters meet him at the door after school. He loved more than anything the holiday breaks when his parents were, more or less, home. Even when they were tired and frazzled, he would talk their ears off about everything that had happened to him in school. He never told them about how sometimes the other kids roughed him up or how lonely he felt, because he wanted them to be happy and maybe want to spend more time with him.

Within the next couple of years, Horace learned that if he made friends with everyone and was always upbeat, positive, and friendly, most of the kids were nice to him and they protected him from the ones who weren't won over by his enthusiasm. He became the blond teenager that everyone knew and was friends with. That thought that it was cool that his parents basically let him stay home by himself all the time and eat frozen pizza. His parents didn't even care if he hung out at his friends' houses all the time! And so it was that little crybaby Horace became Zap, one of the most popular kids in school.

Zap's powers started to manifest in his early teenage years and he can conjure little more than brief illusions of a small size. He creates little butterflies and such things to keep him company when he feels lonely.​

On the matter of powers, we all get them at once. They manifest immediately after the incident with the Covenant, and gradually develop over time.

May I have the timekeeper role?

Name: Theodore Francis Vale
"Theo. Wait, was I suppose to say my whole name? It's so long that it's such a hassle to say it."

"Yup, just had my birthday a few weeks ago. It was nothing special."

Appearance:
"Brown hair, blue eyes, got a lanky build. Yup, that's how I'd describe myself."

5wgldg.jpg

Background:
In school, Theodore is often known by his peers as the carefree and lazy young man with seemingly no interest in anything. Although in truth, he loves to study, learning new things as well as playing sports with his peers. However, having three older brothers who excelled in the same school, Theodore's often compared to them no matter what he does, whether he succeeds or fails. "It's always 'your brother was like this too, your brother like that too,' it gets tiring to try when I'm just going to be criticized based on my brothers' success." He is an intelligent and perceptive young man, being able to simply listen in class and have grades that were never excellent but never terrible either. He can do better and excel as his brothers' did but he lacks the motivation to do so, "Everything I do, my brothers have done so I may as well just be average, they've never done that before."

"Did you know that I wanted to be an artist before 'cause drawing was fun and my siblings haven't done that before." However, the Vale family is a wealthy one with a line of doctors, lawyers and businessmen. It was natural that his desire for his future was met with great disdain by his parents. "So, yeah, that didn't work out. I should've known better than to try." He's expected to follow in his older brothers' footsteps and attain success, even if he dislikes what he does. "It sucks to be the youngest." His relationship with his family is almost nonexistent to the point that he prefers to hang out elsewhere rather than go home after being dismissed from school. "But they like that 'happy family image thing' so I at least pretend when I need to."

He prefers to have others think of him as nothing special and simply ordinary like everyone else. He isn't popular in school but not a loner either. He's sociable and friendly as well as playful, but he rarely makes effort to continue relationships. "It's such a hassle to do so." When he got his ability over time, nothing changed with his lethargic attitude. "It's interesting, yeah, having the power to control time. But there's really not much I can do with it soooo, yeah. Having it doesn't mean anything."

Power: Timekeeper
"It sounds like something I'd hear in school. You know, those people who keep track of time for group works?"
  • He is able to slow and stop time but with limits of five and three seconds respectively along with a three meter range.

[I hope this was alright, just tell me if I need to edit/change something ^^]

If it's okay, mind if I made a character for the Psychic one?

Name: Damian Andrews

Appearance: (Don't really know how to put a picture in, so I hope this works.)
138015.jpg

Background: One's first impression of Damian would be that he seems clumsy and unreliable. Talk to him for a bit, and one will find that their impression was pretty accurate, only now they would also find him weird and/or rude.

Damian is far from being a social butterfly. He is clumsy in actions, as well as words; often saying whatever comes to mind without really thinking about it. His parents often wonder if he was born with any common sense or situational awareness. Damian just thinks it's bad luck.

In spite of this, it's pretty rare for someone to see him without a smile in his face and has earned a reputation for being able to dust himself off after a bad fall (such as an incident in his freshman year, when he tripped and rolled down a flight of stairs and continued until he hit a wall, only to stand right back up without much harm). He's also earned a reputation for being one of the worst students in the school, often falling asleep in class, almost never turning in homework, and constantly getting headphones confiscated.

Damian doesn't really have any friends, mostly because people are too afraid of being injured in one of his accidents. He's fine with that though. Or he was, until his bad luck managed to drag other people with him anyway.

Power: Right now Damian only gets random glimpses of bad things just before they happen. It's only been of his own accidents so far, but the sudden distraction usually causes them to happen anyway.

Name: Alexys Maxwell

Appearance:

2836748-voodoo.jpg

Background: Alexys was never exactly popular among her peers, either due to her headstrong personality rubbing people the wrong way or her fierce independent streak making it hard for her to connect with other people and allow herself to be vulnerable. The few times that she has opened up revealed that although she struggles with feeling lonely and isolated, it is not easy for her to trust in others and let her guard down. More than anything, she fears being hurt and tries to maintain a tough exterior to prevent anyone from seeing her as weak.

Growing up with a father in the military meant moving around from place to place, constantly making Alexys the new kid in whichever school she settled in for a short while. Her mother leaving while Alexys was still fairly young only made matters worse, and the issues she was dealing with were not helped by other kids trying to bully or pick on her. Alexys eventually started to lash out and often got into trouble in school and elsewhere for her extreme reactions to both real and perceived insults. By the time she was a teenager, she had become increasingly rebellious and alienated from her father who struggled to communicate and get through to Alexys.

Alexys ended up being shuffled through several different high schools as a result of relocating and her behavioral problems, but now she is nearing graduation and is not sure if it will be a greater relief to her or the school she is currently attending. Her father is holding out on moving again until she finishes the school year, which makes for a tense situation between the two of them at home. Furthermore, Alexys is unsure what the next step in her life will be and feels lost without the support of a parent or mentor to guide her through this transition.

Power: Metamorph

Initial Limits: Alexys is only able to alter superficial aspects of her appearance, such as eye color or the length and coloration of her hair. She can achieve more radical changes to her body's structure but this is usually limited to a single limb or part of her body (e.g. growing claws, slightly stretching her arms or legs, sharpening teeth into fangs). Sustaining any of these physical changes for more than 20-30 minutes at a time or attempting to make multiple different changes in succession is extremely tiring and can cause debilitating pain and weakness if she does not rest in between transformations.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Philosoraptor
*sigh* Well, I'll take the tally later, and I'll see about getting the IC up by the weekend. For now, I'm napping.

Reactions: CynderTheDragoness
Are any of the Six still available? I was about to make a Metamorph character and then I saw @Auntie Phaz's character :(

Status
Not open for further replies.