The copper manor

Matt elected only to respond to Dorian with a nod of her head. Judging by that and the fact that she seemed unwilling to find a seat for the duration of their talk, she was clearly still a tad steamed.

Wayland's attention turned to their brooding sister, him making a simple gesture to the chair seated next to himself rather than offering her one closer to the eldest. "Welcome Matt, judging in my assumption from earlier I wasn't wrong. Please have a seat. There is much we need to discuss with our brother, and I would like your company in doing so." The expression on his face was one of relenting tire. frame correcting at his brother's jab straight into a sore topic yet not brushing a word on the matter. "Also I understand that you are upset, but no need punishing the rest of us for the mistakes of Dorian. Come now."

Dorian looked at his Matt then Wayland an angry expression on his face and he muttering something under his breath. He shook his head then said " Always got to be the nice guy dont you" under his breath although it could most likely be heard by the both of them. He rolled his eyes then began to tap his fingers on the arm of the chair as if he was getting impatient at the affair of swaping seat and he was clearly not going to give up his seat to anyone even if it was the right thing to do." Well Matt im glad you could join us i really am" he said although he was clearly being sarcastic there was still a warm smile on his face and he tryed to make himself look pleased. Dorians dog seemed to growl at Matt for a few moments then it stood up and walked to Dorians side as if it was guarding him from her.

"Hnph." Matt huffed in irritation, but acquiesced soon enough in Wayland's request. She walked over and sat down beside him, straightening out her shirt and crossing her arms. Compliant she may be, she sure wasn't going to look happy about it. At least, not for now. At this point, however, she was only being stubborn.

Wayland's frame adjusted, the cold glare of ice being driven into his brother's skull before looking upon his sister. "Well I HAVE to place the nice guy Dorian, as you insist on always playing the bad guy. You need to grow up, both of you. Stop acting like children. Mana is more more behaved than the both of you." He settled upon his sister, face apathetic- a go to emotion for when he was upset. "Matt, I expected more from you. You are an adult, even though Dorian chooses to act like this, I wouldn't expect you to. Now, why are you upset with Dorian this time? Let us talk this out like a family." Wayland after many years of the same repetitive scrabbles had had enough. if they were going to all live under the same abode than, by god, they would get along. He had recalled a time when these two were closer, then a shift as monumental as a hurricane upset the balance and everything fell asunder.

Dorian looked down at his dog as it had stopped growling but still was standing at his feet, Dorian stood up for a moment picking up his cane and then walking over to the fireplace he had wanted to stand for some reason and thats what he did even though it was bad for his leg. "I need a drink" He thought to himself over and over his family seemed to know the expression he made when he needed a drink. He refused to look at Wayland or Matt as they spoke even he was not quite sure what he did wrong this time after many years of always hurting someone in the familys feelings he was used to it by now. "Why do i still stay here" he thought to himself then shook his head slightly he knew why he stayed and he was not planning on leaving anytime soon.

"I just want him to stop drinking." Matt tried to calmly explain, though she couldn't hide how upset she really was over it. No matter what lengths she went to to get a level head, her tone still carried remnants of a mixture between sadness, anger, and confusion. "If that alcohol is so important to him, why does he even need family?"

Wayland sighed, figuring this to be the pushing factor. Their sister tried to hide her emotion like the rest of them, however, after years of mounted magnitude it became a momentous endeavor. ".....Well-" Wayland looked back upon his brother, who was now situated in front of the decedent fireplace. He hated bringing up his brother's drinking habits, learning long ago this was a mute point, brought up only to be beaten back down into ignorance. "Dorian.....care to answer Matt's question?"

Dorian looked at Matt for a moment there was a clear look of saddness in his eyes as i she had brought back things he had wanted to forget. He stood up straight and got ready to leave the room but he stopped himself again knowing walking out will not solve anything. He returned to the fireplace and leaned on it to support himself while he tried to find the right words to say but he found none. He just stared at them both the same sad look in his eyes he was not quite sure what to say to them so he said nothing.

"See? He won't even address it. He never addresses it." Matt sneered. She couldn't deal with all of this, but that instant; that brief, fleeting instant in which Dorian actually looked saddened -- perhaps there was some amount of hope for things to be straightened out. Just a bit, but anything was better than nothing.

"Congrats Matt you can tell when i dont answer" he said but it was not like his other remarks there was a slight shake in his voice when he spoke this time. He paused for a few momets trying to calm himself down he was not sure why he had said that to her and he wished he had not as soon as the words came out of his mouth. He started to slowly slouch down to the floor where he sat on the ground his leg in pain from moving down the wall.

the same servant who opened the door a few minutes ago came rushing into the main hall. "M'Lady, if you please." he gestured to follow her. And so she did. the wooden floor creaked beneath every pace of her boots, she held onto the satchel. "If only they would understand." Jane was led through long corridors and finally the servant stopped. "The master is in here." The servant bowed and got on with his tasks by leaving the corridor. Jane sighed, she was curious about her family, she hadn't seen them for years. If it wasn't for the fight maybe, just maybe, she would still live here.
the young woman breathed in and out. This is it, a confrontation. She held her head high and walked in.

Her blue eyes fell on Dorian first. He looked anything but amused. It seemed he hadn't slept for a long time..
She also noticed the dog. "great, he still has his dog."
Jane wasn't fond of dogs, she couldn't stand those creatures, the noise, the furr, it made her shiver in thought even then.

Now, she noticed another man in the room as well. Ah yes, ofcourse, Wayland.

"Wayland, I'm surprised to see you here..": she started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dorian did not notice Jane entering the room , he just sat with his head in his knees to avoid contact with anyone . He lifted his head slightly heaing the footsteps on the wooden floor his eyes caught her blue ones and he sighed . "So glad you could join us are you here to consult me to because if you are you can leave" Dorian said he was not going to dance around the matter so he spoke the truth. He turned his head to look at his brother and sister but them placed his head back in his knees getting no reaction from them.​

"You're always like this, Dorian. You push, and you push, but no one's getting further away." Matt spoke through grit teeth, too focused to pay attention to much anything else going on. If she didn't get her thoughts out now while she was heated up, she never would manage to. "You're pushing yourself, and that cliff behind you is just getting closer every time. Eventually, you are going to fall off."

Dorian stood up as Matt began to speak he was not really paying attention to her as he wiped down his clothes and sat back down on the arm chair.He leaned back on the chair and looked around the room he was not sure what he was looking for he just wanted to avoid anymore eye contact with his family. After Matt had finished speaking he turned his head back to her saying " I fell off that cliff a long time ago sister" there was a slight smirk on his face and he bagan to tap his foot on the ground to cure the pins and needles he had gotten from sitting on the ground.

Mana looked up from her slumber she was in. she looked around and notice yelling and anger in the air. but it was slowly going away when she notice something from the corner of her eye. darkness. when did it get so dark out side. she got up and walked over to the window and when she looked outside she saw something looking at her. it had red glowing eyes. Mana couldn't move at all she just looked into the yes and it looked back at hers. she then screamed and turned away from it. she ran over to a corner and curled up into a ball and shacked.

Dorian turned his head slightly to see Mana walking over to the window "What is she doing" he thought to himself as he watched her walk his eyes narrowed. He rolled his eyes then began to shift in his seat not able to get comfy, after a few moments of moving around the chair Dorian was finally at peace that was until he heard Mana screaming, " Be quite Mana please" he said not bothering to check if she was ok and thinking she just wanted attention. He was never that mean to Mana and she seemed to be the only person in the house that Dorian was kind too.