The copper manor

Step by following step he walked down the stairs. His idle fingers tracing the banister as he did so in a rhythmic fashion.

One, two, three. One, two three.

He only paused momentarily to allow his eyes to settle upon the deity frame of Mana running quickly up the stairs.

"Mana, no running. We do not need you tripping now do we?"

He couldn't not keep time. It was infused within him. Ingrained due to vigorous nights and days slaving over those damn keys as a young boy. He had heard his brother was arriving today and judging by the stale air emanating from downstairs, he finally chose to make an appearance. Typical, late as ever without a solid concern for the time of others. Wayland was the second eldest, born mere year after his brother. He stood at a towering six foot, dressed in nothing but the finest clothes that he could afford, even if it was dressing a bit beyond his means. He managed to make it down just in time to see his sister exit the room.
A sigh left his lips, tousled brown hair slicked back, he allowed for a small smile to graze his lips as he entered the room, "Nice of you to join us , Dorian. Seems you have already managed to make Matt upset...Great."

" well it's a talent" he said almost smiling at his brothers appearance he always found it amusing that he wore such wealthy clothing even though he was rich Dorian wore simple clothing . His hand was still on his came but he seemed more lively since his brother had arrived and he was never good with dealing with his sisters "Im sure they are both looking forward to a boring lecture from you" he said again there was a clear smell of whiskey in the room but Dorian tried to ignore it knowing his brother would be angry to know he was drinking again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt returned to her room and strode over to her bed to sit down and have some quiet time to think to herself. She found herself wishing she were more a character in a book than a person; at least then, she could rely on the writer skipping time so she wouldn't have to sit around like a fool. She just couldn't understand why everything in the house had to be so difficult. From dealing with family to maintaining a good mood, it all just seemed like too much.

Wayland's brow furrowed as his eyes scaled his brother, followed by a roll of the eyes as sight was caught of the bottle once more. A terrible habit he had given up fighting with him about long ago.
"At least they listen..." He said, voice embittered as he was composed. Wayland's frame relaxed however, formalities never needing to be quite so...well- formal around the eldest, posture only giving a slight slouch as he mad his way over to a nearby chair. "Dear heavens, please Dorian, let us at least try and make this situation tolerable...The last thing I need is having to call a psychologist to sort out this families problems openly... So, why are you late this time? Hrm? Stuck in traffic? Goose hit your car? Please, what idiotic excuse do you have this time? Do share..."

She knocked three times on the large wooden door.
Making sure her dress was proper, she flipped some loose brown locks over her shoulder, hoping she would make a rather good imression.
After all it had been ages since she last visted the copper manor.

"I had to take care of some buisness" he said even Dorian was not quite sure if he was lying or not then he sat down on a red arm chair oppisite his brother not even hearing the knock at the door. He rested the cane on one of the chair arms and he began crack his knuckles an annoying habit that he did every when he was around family. . "It seems like all you do now is insult me Wayland" he said as he leaned forward slightly in the chair and he was looking at his dog which had trotted into the room.

Reactions: 2 people
A cock of the brow signaled mild interest, a habit he tried not to dabble in concerning family members. "Business what kind of business, and Dorian please-" Wayland shifted positions slightly, eyes oncemore rolling at his brother's retort. "I share more with you than insults....rather I would have if you had bothered with responding to my multiple invitations to attend my concerts, or perhaps our younger sister's graduation. " Bitterness stung in his words that loomed over them both momentarily. Yes, his venom was meant to sting, getting ahold of the eldest was not always an easy task. He had always lived in his brother's shadow in his mother's eyes. No mater how many concerts he preformed, no many how many awards for playing he got, he still remained in his brother's shadow. Wayland looked at the dog, that was no doubt a rutty companion for his older brother. Just as he was about to inquire there was a knock on the main doors. Fortunate for them both, a servant was on the way in to replace the bottle of whisky Dorian would almost certainly shortly finish off. "Servant, please go and answer the front door. Oh, also take that back and lock up the liqueur cabinet and deliver me the key. My brother has seemed to have forgotten his promises..."

the large wooden door opened. A young male servant answered the door. "Please do come in m'Lady"
the young woman walked into the main hall, her eyes watching over the place. the manor looked old and smelt damp but she comforted herself with the thought she once lived here, a long time ago. She took of her coat and gave it to the servant, who by now had closed the door and went to her side to take the brown coat. "Excuse me m'Lady, may I ask who you are?"
the girl smiled. "mhm, you must be new here? Tell your master that miss Kelaghan has returned.." she quickly looked over to her brown satchel. "..and that I have come with an urgent matter."

Last edited by a moderator:
A mild frown came across Dorians face. "I dont need to explain myself to you" Dorian said as he ran his hand through the dogs, his eyes focused on his brother. "I suppose i could have gone but... you now im not good in groups of people brother " he said in a sad yet cold manner . Dorian looked back at the dog, his blue eyes staring into the dogs dark brown ones. Dorian lifted his head slightly hearing the knock now but sighed as a servent answerd to door. He smiled seeing a servent replace the bottle of whiskey he needed something to drink after the talks with his brother." I dont think you need to do that Wayland" he said as he saw the servent lift up the whiskey again and walk away with it.

"Gh... that's enough of that." Matt let out a brief sigh as she stepped out of bed to do... something. She wasn't quite ready to deal with Dorian again any time soon, so she decided to spend some time wandering the house without much of a goal in mind. She walked along at a significantly slowed pace, her head hung while she thought deeply over everything that had occurred so far.

Wayland rolled his eyes once more, his brother did always have a flare for dramatic when it came to misinterpreting his action. A thing he experienced in youth, why now would it be any different as such?
"It is for your own good. You will understand in time, or at least deal with it. Dorian, I know you are not good with people, I know- but the fact of the matter is sometimes we need to do things that we don't like in order to keep relations with others." It was like speaking to a child, his brother alway acted as such. Wayland traced his fingers over his brow, correcting a few loose strands, before once more resting upon his lap.

((I would have the servant return but I have no idea who is considered the head of house in this situation. If it is their mother or temporary status was given to Wayland until Dorian arrived or what.))

(I think Wayland is the head but Dorian just owns the house)

Dorian sighed for a moment still running his hand through the large black dogs fur muttering to himself as he did, he hated how his brother had an answer to ever question or comment .He lifted his hand off the dogs back as it lay next to the fireplace and Dorian began to crack his knuckles again but this time cracking every single finger. "I dont think i need to keep my realations with others everyone in this house has some reason to dislike me and i guess i want to keep it that way." He had finished cracking his knuckles and the dog had begun to growl seeing a bird landing next to the window but Dorian did nothing he was waiting for his brother to get annoyed by the growling. He leaned back in his chair a smirk on his face and crossed his legs, he was not quite sure why he was waiting he knew he was more likely to get annoyed by the dog than him he just hated to lose.​

"Uncle!" Mana cried out scared running passing Matt and down the stairs in a hurry something scared her in her room. she didn't see what but something was there. she was almost in tears. she clings on to Uncle Dorians lag and hid behind him from the stairs. she hated the scary thing. "Uncle something is in my room" she said in fear looking up at him.

"There is nothing in your room Mana but i will check for you soon" he said as he slowly removed Manas hands from his leg and picked her up then placing her on the chair he was sitting on. The dogs growling still annoying him but he was not going to mention anything about it. He picked up his cane again as he could not stand long without it and if he did his leg would start hurting and he would end up on the ground in pain.

"Wonder what that was all about." Matt mused aloud, continuing to walk on and peek into Mana's room. What could have spooked her that badly?

Just as Mana had entered, a servant followed in pursuit darting over to Wayland and whispering something. The two exchanged idle words while Dorian helped Mana onto his lap, then one exited. Wayland was left sitting his brow furrowed, hand clasped over his temple in an act of irritation. Massaging his wary features as his gaze slowly guided back to Dorian's weathered face. Goodness it was a surprise that the bottle hadn't consumed him as much as it did his dear family.
"It seems," His voice was exhausted, any more of this and he was going to have to take a much needed vacation- or a zanix. "Another one of our siblings has arrived. I have sent the servant to fetch both her and Matt so that we can all sit down and speak, like a family, for those of us who are here." Those words, family. They left his lips like a foreign substance, chiseled features contorted In the utmost frustration. It was no matter that he took care of the house, or that he constantly was dousing fires between arising feuds- no, no, all his efforts were destined to be null. However, if there was one thing that Wayland did care more than anything about, it was the idea of a 'real' family, one that did not concern themselves with idiocies. A fool's dream, yes, he understood that as he watched their niece play about his brother's lap, a flicker of hope that perhaps with some work, maybe dreams could become reality.

He placed Mana on his lap, he tilted his head slightly seeing a servent whisper something in his brothers ear .He watched them for a second then his attention turned back to Mana who was now on his lap and causing a slight pain in his right leg. Dorian turned back to his brother seeing him getting irritated that was enough for Dorian he lifted his cane slightly and gently hit the dog on the nose making it stop, then resting the cane back down quickly. His hands rested on his lips as he tryed to think of what to say but nothing came to mind he was never good in these situations .When Mana was on his knee he tryed to stop himself from doing his annoying habits like cracking his knuckles and making a clicking sound with his mouth when he was bored as she usally hit him but maybe if him dammed brother had not taking away his bottle he would not being having this problem.
He lifted his head hearing his brother start to speak it was clear to Dorian that he was exhausted and that was his sign to stop being annoying and to finally act like the eldest "Well if i have no purpose to being hear i better leave " He said as he was about to lift Mana off his knee but he stopped hearing Wayland talk again he rested back in the chair and rolled his eyes. "Well this chat should be fun considering most of us want to kill each other." Dorian said not even realizing Mana was still in the room and the comment might make her upset.Dorian knew his family was not perfect and that was mainly due to him but it kinda hurt him to see his brother so stressed and exhausted he knew all he wanted was to keep the family together and by doing that we are just falling apart even quicker.

Interrupting her grand investigation, a servant approached Matt and informed her of her being needed downstairs. "Wonderful... thank you." the girl sighed, at least trying to be polite to the servant before she continued on her way. She really, really didn't want to go back down there so soon, but if there was some important matter she had to be present for... well, she had no choice. It didn't take her long to get down there to show that she was indeed around, though she balked at the concept of speaking in Dorian's presence again.

The man's sapphire gaze snapped up from his hand, fiery hue behind them as his brother rose. The animosity died as Dorian once more took his seat again, Wayland seemed to relax, hand still quickly fixated to his temple.
"No one wants to 'kill' one another, Dorian. Don't be absurd...Being angry with one another is a completely different scenario than wishing mortal damnation to them. Also watch your tongue when there are children present, please? We do not need her repeating things she need not to." Wayland sighed, nimble digits working away at the side of his head. Blast- the beginning of another migraine. He had had alot of those recently, the frequency of them rising in number. It was a bit abnormal, however, he had not the time to deal with visiting the likes a physician, too much going on here to question about a few measly headaches. So he sat, posture not as corrected as it normally was, sight glued to his brother and their niece. Oh, the days of youth. How he recalled their wild antics as children, reflected in that of the youngest member of the house. A sighed issued forth into the air as he adjusted. What a long night this would prove to be.

((Didn't know if Matt come into the room or not, so I went with this is right before she enters.))

Dorian tryed to avoid his brothers gaze it always made him feel small even if he was sitting down, "Really Wayland i did not mean it literally" he said shaking his head slightly then coughing heavily. Dorian shifted in his seat his niece was causing a pain in his right leg and the other one had gone numb, he tryed to stop moving around in the seat but the pain and the numbess were more than he could bare at the moment, having enough of it he lifted Mana off his lap and placed her on the ground next to his dog.
"Nice of you to greet us with your presence Matt" Dorian said finally able to cross his legs. He closed his eyes for a brief second as he tryed to thing why he was still here anyway . Dam his brother for making him feel guilty about everything even if it was not his fault. " Look at your posture Wayland mother would not be pleased" Dorian said as he opened one of his eyes for a moment to look at his brother trying to figure out why he was sitting strangly. After a while of waiting the only thing Dorian wanted was for everyone to enter the room so this family meeting could be over he just wanted the night to be over so he could return to the peace and quiet of being alone.