The Chosen One - Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I simply seeking adventure, like many before me," he replied stopping to hold the tavern door open for her. He closed his eyes for a second, spreading his senses out as far as he could, just in case something was there. He had the eerie feeling that they were being watched, or even followed. This wouldn't be a surprise to him, knowing the current situation he was in, however it was still unnerving. He kept his expressions steady and content, not allowing his true emotions to be seen.
He tossed a few coins at the bartender.
"Two rooms," he gave the man a friendly and charismatic smile.

"Adventure is... nice." Scar said, unsure of how she sounded once the words were uttered. As Felix payed the man, she scowled for a moment. Returning to a more pleasant, yet still somewhat stoic expression, she turned to him.
"You really didn't have to pay for my room... but thank you..."

"It's really my pleasure," he replied. "Anyways, friends help friends, isn't that right?"
He made his way up the stairs and turned to the first room with an open door. I must keep my guard up. If she attacked, my identity would be in danger. If he attacked... He closed the door.

Askari remained silent, somewhat put back when he used the word "friend" to describe her. Her eyes fixed on the door to the room he had entered until she approached the next open one and walking in to her room, locking herself in and sighing with relief. She wished that she had some sort of dog or other pet that could guard her as she strode over to the bed, took off her layers and lay down, convincing herself that if she didn't get enough sleep, she'd risk getting killed in some other way the next day.

Felix went over to a clouded mirror that sat above a washbowl. He sighed and stroked his unshaven face before untying his vest and shrugging it off. I shouldn't be worried about appearances now, but a quick wash will do. He was splashing his face and chest with the clear water when there was a knock at the door.
"You are welcome to come in," he said in response, loud enough for whoever was there to hear. The door swung open and there stood the girl from earlier, now fashioned with an apron and hat. Her eyes widened, seeing him partially nude with his muscles showing in all their glory.
"I-i-i I'm so sorry f-for intruding..." she said in her thick accent, her eyes dancing up and down his unclothed skin.
"There's no problem, you're not intruding," he smiled, drying off with the brown cloth that was hanging on the mirror.
"Oh, my- I am... so pleased that you took up my offer to come and s-stay here," she swallowed and gave him a childish smile. "Is there anything I can do for you?"
I am hungry and there is much traveling ahead.
"Hmm, what was your name?" he asked, walking over to her.
"My name? My name... is Rose," she replied, her breath growing more and more shallow the closer he got.
"That is a beautiful name," he closed the door with his foot and walked around her, cracking his neck.
"Why, t-thank you," she bit her lip and looked down at the ground, flirtatiously. He put his hand under her chin and lifted her head.
His eyes darkened to a complete black, as did his hair. Two onyx horns grew out of either of his head, twisting out to the sides. Dark shades of violet streaked down his face, quickly spreading to the rest of his body and strange symbols danced beneath his skin, black as midnight but with a faint glow. Rose's face shifted to one of horror as she watched his transform.
"A beautiful name... for a beautiful girl," he grinned, then dove in for the kill.

Askari restlessly moved about under her sheets, trying to no avail to get comfortable. Something is off. What is it? Is it the man? I can feel it, I know that something is wrong... Her brain refused to shut up. Sitting up, she let out an aggravated sigh.
"Fine, dammit. I'll wash my face." She decided. Exhaling crossly, she got out of bed and stalked over to the wash bin that rested in front of a mirror before doing her best to get rid of the grime on her skin. Once finished, she found that she felt no better. She began to pace, trying to catch her breath, first by taking many short breaths, then by regulating her breathing, taking deep, slow breaths. Neither were successful.
"So it's like this then. Spectacular." She muttered to herself, plopping on to her bed. Fidgeting, she wondering how long her discomfort would last before she was finally allowed to sleep.

Felix stood licking the scarlet coloring from his teeth, he picked up the girl's broken corpse.
"Thank you for not screaming," his voice was lower, cracked and almost two-toned. He then chucked the girl out the window.
Now I have to wash again. He thought irritably. His body shifted back into his human form as he finished cleaning and changing his clothes.

Its long fingernails dug deep into the side of the building as it made its way up. Two of its eyes were glued to the target, the window. A third eye spun wildly on the side of it's face. A long arm stretched out to grab the ledge of the window, a shorter once hung limp on its side, another came out of the shoulder to hold its head (for its neck was too weak to do the job), and the last arm worked along side its one leg, aiding in the climb. It posed silently in the window casting a long shadow on the floor, unknowing if it had been sensed by her. Unknowing of anything... other than its singular task.
To fetch the chosen one.
It twitched and slithered across the floor, then sprung onto the bed.
Sadly, there was no one there.

Askari stood and resumed her pacing, hoping that tiring herself out even more might help. Resuming her controlled breathing, she began to shake out her arms and hands, unable to loosen up. It truly was an uncomfortable feeling. Everything tense, while not being able to get a deep enough breath... and whenever she felt like this, something was wrong and something usually happened, or almost happened in a few cases. She growled in frustration as her discomfort only increased...

It cackled in frustration, since laughing was the only true sound it knew how to create. It twisted back out the window and started towards the next, where Askari stayed.

Felix stiffened, sensing something draw closer to his position. Human. No... several humans? No. It's... some type of creature... He exhaled sharply when he caught the scent of magic on the wind.

It came tumbling through her window, stopping with a thud as it hit the floor in front of Askari. There was a moment of silence before its head spun upward. It stared directly at her and began laughing hysterically. The voice was a female's now, unlike before when it was masculine.

Felix flew to Askari's room and knocked on the door.
"Askari? Is everything OK in there?" he asked in a low voice.
Then he heard the laugh.
With dark growl, he broke down the door.

A creature she had never seen tumbled through the window and Askari froze, moments later Felix kicked open the door and she screamed, cornered and unsure of what to do.
"DO SOMETHING!" She yelled, having no choice but to trust him for a few moments at least. How could she fight it? She didn't have the weapons or skills to fight off a human man, let alone whatever that thing was. She scrambled to the corner and watched as Felix reacted with wide eyes, like a deer that had been spotted by a predator but was too afraid to move.

The creature lunged at Askari, but Felix intercepted it, getting thrown to the ground in the process. Its mouth stretched open, much like a snake. It snapped at Felix who easily dodged despite the fact he was pinned to the ground. He rolled over, flipping the monster with him. Pulling out the dagger he kept on his belt at all times. He wrestled with it until he got his chance. He lodged the weapon into its mouth, breaking several teeth on the way. It squirmed like a lizard stuck in a mouse-trap. All the time laughing. Laughing those three same laughs over and over again. An older male's laugh, deep and husky. A female's laugh, melodic, almost seductive. And a child's. It was enough to make one lose their lunch, hearing these noises emitted from such a disturbing creature.
Felix ripped out the dagger and stabbed it again, this time through one of its eyes. It convulsed once, before the laughter stopped and all was still.
He stood up, a disgusted look on his face.

Askari stood, completely still and still resembling a prey animal in quite a few ways. She stuttered for a few moments before words formed themselves on her tongue.
"You... it... What the hell was that?" As she spoke, her expression turned from one of shock and fear to one of horror and disgust. At least the uncomfortable, tense feeling was gone... almost gone, anyway.

Damnit, he found me.
Felix hesitated, "Askari, you should come with me. If that thing was trying to attack you... you are no longer safe here." His idiotic, friendly and mildly flirtatious aura disappeared, replaced by an intimidating urgency.
"You need to leave this place, and you're in danger if you are alone."
I need to keep her with me as long as I can. Anyways, I found her first.

Askari still had questions, but what he said made enough sense so she simply nodded.
"I'll follow you." She said, no longer focused on his intentions but rather whatever, or whoever, was now threatening her...

Felix nodded and turned, when suddenly something bit him on the leg. He snarled in pain, and dropped down to see whatever had attacked him. It was the small arm, which now flailed about, revealing that there was a hidden mouth on the palm. From that mouth, there was a faint laughter, the child's. In one swift motion he broke the arm, lifted the creature and tossed it out the window.
Grabbing Askari's hand, he pulled her out of the room and down the stairs. Which was blocked by a large man, wearing a thick coat and hat.
"Excuse me, sir," Felix said in a low voice, keeping Askari behind him. The man looked up, showing what Felix had been expected. An eye where the mouth should have been and an opening above it showing rows and rows of sharp, jagged teeth.
"Run," he whispered, pushing Askari down the rest of the stairs.
She'll go to the stable, I'm sure of it.
Felix grabbed the creature and yanked him back up to the second floor, to deal with it there. He didn't think that there would be more of them at them at the stables...

"Run"
Askari didn't need to be told. Sprinting down the stairs, she dared not look back. A few men glanced up from their drinks as she dashed through the main room in the tavern and out the door, towards the stable. All the while she calmed her panicked thoughts and planned what she would do, doing through the steps of grabbing what she had in the stable, saddling up, mounting, and galloping away on Baron. As she approached the stable she heard fearful whinnies and felt her breath catch, but she didn't slow down. All she could do was unsheathe her dagger and hope for the best.
Bursting through the doors, her fears were confirmed. There stood another creature, like the one they had encountered on the stairs. Baron was neighing and kicking, trying to get the thing as far away as possible. It blocked her path to him. The moment it noticed her, it began to laugh and chills went up her spine. It made its way to her slowly, like a lion stalking its prey as she backed up. It wasn't fast like the other had been; it took its time, seeming to enjoy her fear- it didn't want to rush if she would not run. Felix wasn't there, it could take as much time as it desired.

"He really didn't put much effort into you, did he?" Felix asked the monster, that was now twitching on the floor of his room, still laughing. After beheading the creature and pushing it out the window, he grabbed his supplies off the bed and strapped his duel swords onto his back.
I wouldn't want to find that mess. He thought about the three (technically seven) bodies that lay behind the building as made his way to the main floor and out to the stables. He opened the door and was shocked to see a third creature there posed to attack. But when he unsheathed his duel blades, the monster lifted his head, then took off for the window, fleeing like a dog with its tail between its legs.

Askari turned and looked at Felix, perplexed and back to debating whether or not she could trust him. Can I really trust a man that a creature like that would run from?
"Um, thanks..." She hesitated,"What were those things" She didn't want to just stand there, completely silent and ungrateful. She was grateful. Just also confused and still scared. The feeling wasn't completely gone. It hadn't left since shortly before she met him... But for now, she'd have to deal with it and just keep her guard up.

If he called them back, he must have changed his plans. Who knows what he'll do now?
"I'll tell you, once we're out of the city," he replied, giving her a reassuring smile. Alure came up behind him and snorted, already prepared to leave.
Three more hours of sunlight, then he'll have the upper hand. He mounted his horse and looked back to Askari. But for now... she's mine.

Askari nodded and quickly finished getting Baron ready; She always took off his bridle when they were staying somewhere overnight since he wasn't very fond of it if he didn't get breaks often enough. Soon she mounted and was ready to go and followed Felix out of the town. This had better not end badly... She hoped, knowing how weak and vulnerable she was, especially now.

Status
Not open for further replies.