The Borderlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scath

Original poster
This is an interest check, should enough people want to see this come alive, then I guess I will oblige and open my precious world up for others to play in. There is more information being put together, but this is the premise of my idea and should contain the basic information needed to determine if you would like this or not.

Questions are welcome, I do not bite! Promise!

[BCOLOR=transparent]Concept[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Borderlands are a dimension which is part of, yet not of, the Real World. The purpose of the Borderlands was to provide a barrier, protecting Earth from evil. However, since evil had entered Earth before the creation of the Borderlands, the barrier merely prevented worse horrors from coming through.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Borderlands are, at their source, divine. The creation of the Borderlands started when twenty angels were allowed to have families, however, being of a divine nature, the angels could not stay on Earth for long periods of time. Thus the Borderlands came into being. Though a barrier itself, guardians were needed to maintain it, and so the those twenty angels and their descendants were charged with the protection and well-being of the Borderlands.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Angels had limits however, and though immortal, they could not stay in the Borderlands forever. For one hundred years they were allowed to live with their respective families, after that time, they were to go back to Heaven and were only allowed to return to renew the bloodlines. Each family became known for certain attributes and physical appearances, each had control over a different element, and each were of a race deemed 'fantasy' by the mortals.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The borderlands became a home for many different creatures and races as the mortals from the 'Outlands', or earth, created and breathed life in them through faith and belief. Evil could also be found there, and could pass through to the Outlands, while travel to and from the Outlands were heavily restricted and watched over. Eventually the Borderlands became legend, then myth, and finally faded into obscurity.[/BCOLOR]

Plot
After millennia, the Borderlands are in a state of chaos. The guardian families have been heavily targeted by an unknown evil. Faced with the utter collapse of all they've known, the families have little choice but to send out their young heirs to be raised to the relative safety of the Outlands. So long as a family member of the bloodline still lives, the Borderlands would survive, even in a deplorable state. Sadly, all twenty families are reduced to one member, with only one family remaining in the Borderlands.

The other nineteen, raised unaware of their heritage, receive invitations to a summer camp. Unbeknownst to them, it is a summons to return to the Borderlands, to receive training and knowledge of what is rightfully theirs. There, they are met with Luce, who alone must teach and train them. All the while, danger lurks in the shadows, in the dark places of the Borderlands, watching, waiting. Will the Outland-raised heirs accept their inheritance, or will they turn their back on the Borderlands and let it fall?

• Love
Reactions: junebug
I'm glad there's interest! ^^

Are there any questions I can answer? I'm working on fleshing out areas of interest, encounters, and abilities and such.

I have a question for you all, what elements would you like to see?

I'm glad there's interest! ^^

Are there any questions I can answer? I'm working on fleshing out areas of interest, encounters, and abilities and such.

I have a question for you all, what elements would you like to see?
To be honest, I'm quite interested in knowing the abilities of the 20 descendants. Also, the current situation on Earth. For example, the atmosphere and etc.

Reactions: Scath
To be honest, I'm quite interested in knowing the abilities of the 20 descendants. Also, the current situation on Earth. For example, the atmosphere and etc.

Hm, Earth is normal at this point in the plot. It's much like it is in RL right now. The only change is that all major 'natural' disasters and human caused disasters (I.e war, 9/11 and so on) are caused by the evil that is getting through the barrier represented by the Borderlands. More and more of these disasters are occurring since the barrier (and the guardians of that barrier) have been weakened. However, the population of Earth is unaware of the causes, they are unable to see the beings of evil that delight in causing pain, fear, and death.

The abilities of the descendants will be determined by race and element. For example, Luce's element is Light and she is descended from Uriel who kept his/her angelic form. Thus Luce has some angelic abilities like healing and rebuking evil plus has control over the element of Light.

In the original story, there was a Kirin (Unicorn girl like Acorna), and a panther shifter. The Kirin had the ability to purify air and water, heal and had control over plants (Plant element). The panther shifter had three forms, a human, a hybrid, and an animal. Not all of the descendants are going to have multitudes of abilities, some may only have one or two in addition to their element.

Did I answer the question fully?

(The above mentioned Kirin and shifter are examples and do not have to be used.)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hm, Earth is normal at this point in the plot. It's much like it is in RL right now. The only change is that all major 'natural' disasters and human caused disasters (I.e war, 9/11 and so on) are caused by the evil that is getting through the barrier represented by the Borderlands. More and more of these disasters are occurring since the barrier (and the guardians of that barrier) have been weakened. However, the population of Earth is unaware of the causes, they are unable to see the beings of evil that delight in causing pain, fear, and death.

The abilities of the descendants will be determined by race and element. For example, Luce's element is Light and she is descended from Uriel who kept his/her angelic form. Thus Luce has some angelic abilities like healing and rebuking evil plus has control over the element of Light.

In the original story, there was a Kirin (Unicorn girl like Acorna), and a panther shifter. The Kirin had the ability to purify air and water, heal and had control over plants (Plant element). The panther shifter had three forms, a human, a hybrid, and an animal. Not all of the descendants are going to have multitudes of abilities, some may only have one or two in addition to their element.

Did I answer the question fully?

(The above mentioned Kirin and shifter are examples and do not have to be used.)

Yeah, thanks. Also, the 19 remaining descendants, will you be providing the abilities they possess or is it based on our own research?

Yeah, thanks. Also, the 19 remaining descendants, will you be providing the abilities they possess or is it based on our own research?
I would prefer it if the players could choose the abilities. It's no fun for you or I if I take most of the creativity out of the game like that. At the same time, I do see a need to monitor what abilities each character have...that way no one comes across as 'all powerful'. So perhaps a meeting in the middle, you, the players can choose the abilities you would like to have, send it to me in a PM (before submitting a character sheet), and the two of us can work on abilities together! Would that work?

If we can get a few more people interested, then this rp can get up off the ground!

'scuse me while I go panic...I've never done this before! XD

*hums* Is there any information I should add to the first post? I've not done this before, so any suggestions would be helpful! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.