The Black Green

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
reserved for my female

You got my interest with this. Need to think my character over...

Hey @ch0sen1

I think my character is done. I may or may not make Thomas Snyder as well.

Working on my Tech Guy now.

@ch0sen1 since my guy is from Brazil would be cool if in his backstory I said that him and some of his friends had traveled to Negro de Verde when they were younger but he doesn't remember the experience for some odd reason? He just knows that him and his friends had planned to go when they were like 13-14. Is that cool?

@ch0sen1 since my guy is from Brazil would be cool if in his backstory I said that him and some of his friends had traveled to Negro de Verde when they were younger but he doesn't remember the experience for some odd reason? He just knows that him and his friends had planned to go when they were like 13-14. Is that cool?
Hmm, yeah that could work.

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
I hope you all love him^^.

It's all great! Only thing I'd say is get a concrete photo of Caden up, and then it's set.
It is concrete. The first one is a profile shot. And the other is a lower half of the jaw. The point is you should have enough ability to insert how he looks with both images. Both images are to be in the placeholder. He's got dark hair, a narrow face, thin lips, and thin framed body. All which can be seen in the photos.

edit- Not trying to be combative. Or start an argument. The point is I'm very picky about my photos and these were the only things I found.

It is concrete. The first one is a profile shot. And the other is a lower half of the jaw. The point is you should have enough ability to insert how he looks with both images. Both images are to be in the placeholder. He's got dark hair, a narrow face, thin lips, and thin framed body. All which can be seen in the photos.

edit- Not trying to be combative. Or start an argument. The point is I'm very picky about my photos and these were the only things I found.
Well I'd prefer if you had a face shot picture. So everyone can visibly have a concrete face with personality as opposed to inferring and letting their mind make up the rest. If they're placeholders that's absolutely fine, so long as you find a face shot (to your liking) by the time the IC starts.

Well I'd prefer if you had a face shot picture. So everyone can visibly have a concrete face with personality as opposed to inferring and letting their mind make up the rest. If they're placeholders that's absolutely fine, so long as you find a face shot (to your liking) by the time the IC starts.

They aren't. I like the photos. I'm a visual thinker and they allowed me to put the story of who my character in the way I did

They aren't. I like the photos. I'm a visual thinker and they allowed me to put the story of who my character in the way I did
Okay well I have faith in you that you can find just ONE picture that asserts the features and appearance of those two pictures. You can keep those pics that's fine, but you have to find a face shot. Sorry I thought that was known I should've made that clear from the bat so that's partially - mostly my fault.

Avoids responding in OOC

Making a new character. Hold on guys. My placeholder

PAULO

Name: Paulo da Silva

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 213 lbs.

Occupation: Technician & Camera Man for The Brazil based Spook Crew

Orientation: Homosexual

Features: Kind // Intelligent // Energetic // Natural Born Leader // Brave // Passionate

Flaws: Stubborn // Very Opinionated // Condescending // Prideful // Obnoxious // Risk Taker

In Detail: For the most part, Paulo can be someone's best friend; someone that others can depend on and can trust with anything. He loves making new friends and isn't afraid to speak first when it comes to meeting anyone new. He likes teaching other people things that he knows about and he loves telling jokes, even if they're old and played out. There is a side to him that most people get the unfortunate chance to see when he isn't in the mood to speak to anyone. He has a mouth on him that has gotten his butt in a lot of trouble a few times. He can be sweet on the outside, but there's a dark and fiery inner Paulo that is just waiting to burst out and spread it's wings on the inside. He can sometimes come off as very condescending and rude; he doesn't mean to act that way, it's just natural for him to think he knows everything about everything. He is very stubborn and it takes a even stronger personality to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. He can have a good time, if it was his idea to have it in the first place. He likes being in control and when he's in control, he is the happy and entertaining Paulo that is a blast to have around.

Skills: Paulo is a Computer and Tech Genius. He knows everything about the newest High Tech Devices and the newest Paranormal Equipment. Once he gets his hands on a nice piece of technology it will only take him a few hours before he knows everything about it. Anything Tech and Computer related, Paulo is the man for the job. He has a gift for photography and video recording. He knows the perfect angles and knows just what to to get on film at the right time.

Hobbies: Playing online video games. Playing video games (PS4, Xbox One S, etc...). VR Games (Virtual Reality). Computer Programming. Hiking. Swimming. Dyeing his hair crazy colors. Photography. Making Videos. Exercising. Listening To Music. Netflix.

In one sentence, why do you do what you do?: "To be able to capture life on film and be able to see how beautiful it really is, why wouldn't I want to do this?"

Bio: Paulo was born in São Paulo, Brazil; the nicknames he was called because of his name being the same as the city was enough to set him on a path of reckless actions. He was the youngest of six; having three older sisters and two older brothers. He was picked on the most by them. Even though he got bullied by his siblings, if anyone out of the Silva family tried to mess with him, his siblings would jump in and beat them down. Paulo grew up in a nice home and was sheltered away from the harder parts of living in Brazil. The Silvas were a working class family; not having too much money but having enough for all six kids and two parents to eat every night and have a nice home in the middle of the huge city.

The older Paulo got, the more he started to realize that he loved taking people's pictures and recording videos. He didn't like being in front of the camera; he much rather be behind it, taking the photos and making videos. He was only twelve when his father brought home his very first Video Camera. Before, Paulo would have to use the family's old video camera that barely recorded anything before it died without warning. Now with his brand new video camera, that was all his, he could record his family and anything else he wanted. Without having to check if it was dying every few minutes.

He would go outside and record the rain, his favorite time to do it since the world still had a wicked beauty to it even in the pouring rain. He loved recording his friends and his family as they played in the rain as well. Showing joy in a time when most people stayed in their homes and slept the day away because of the rain. He loved it soo much. His friends wanted to do more than just play in the rain all day and night. They all wanted to explore more of where they lived. Paulo didn't know if it was a good idea at first; at the time they were all only around thirteen and fourteen years old. In the end, thanks to peer pressure and name calling, he agreed to go with his friends and record everything.

They ended up traveling to The Amazon, which was breathtaking. Even at such young ages, they all couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Paulo nearly got lost in the beauty as he tried his best to get everything on video while he was following behind his friends. It became a regular routine for the group of boys to go traveling to different parts of Brazil. It was a shock that none of their parents ever found out about what they were doing; his friends were very sneaky and creative ones who knew how to stay out of trouble.

There was one place that they hadn't been to that they wanted to go. A forbidden place that the older men and women in their city had told them about. They wanted to go to Negro de Verde. When he heard the name, Paulo's heart nearly dropped out of his chest. He didn't want to look like a punk, but he also didn't want to go to a place that even the older and bigger kids were terrified of. He couldn't come up with a good enough excuse as to why he didn't want to go, and, to his disappointment, he was dragged off with his friends to the forbidden place.

The crazy thing about the whole Negro de Verde travel was that... Paulo didn't remember ever making it there. It seemed like when they got close to said area, he and all of his friends blacked out and ended up back in São Paulo, not remembering a damn thing. None of his friends or himself knew what had happened. Later on in the years they forgot all about it; except for Paulo who ended up getting very intrigued by and invested in the supernatural and urban legends that were told around Brazil.

Paulo was around eighteen when he joined a Paranormal Team in Brazil named Spook Crew. He had a new fascination with the supernatural and paranormal world. Being from Brazil, where there were thousands of stories and urban legends that talked about things that go bump in the night, Paulo wanted to capture it all on film and see if everything he has been told at such a young age could actually be true. If he could get it on tape, he would be a Legend in the Filmography World.

Extras:
→Right now, Paulo's hair is a bright, fire red color and he might be changing it to dark purple soon..
→He loves strawberries and blueberries and can eat them all day.
→Paulo has only been with one guy his entire life and it was his best friend, who ended up cheating on him and the two haven't spoken to one another for two years now.
→Paulo doesn't remember going to Negro de Verde when he was younger and he probably will never remember what happened that day.
→Paulo has a thick accent when he speaks anything language other than Portuguese. It can be very hard to understand him when he isn't speaking his Native Tongue.
→Paulo is Majoring in Film & Photography and Minoring in Computer Science at Anhembi Morumbi University (A Private College in São Paulo, Brazil).

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
PAULO

Name: Paulo da Silva

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 213 lbs.

Occupation: Technician & Camera Man for The Brazil based Spook Crew

Orientation: Homosexual

Features: Kind // Intelligent // Energetic // Natural Born Leader // Brave // Passionate

Flaws: Stubborn // Very Opinionated // Condescending // Prideful // Obnoxious // Risk Taker

In Detail: For the most part, Paulo can be someone's best friend; someone that others can depend on and can trust with anything. He loves making new friends and isn't afraid to speak first when it comes to meeting anyone new. He likes teaching other people things that he knows about and he loves telling jokes, even if they're old and played out. There is a side to him that most people get the unfortunate chance to see when he isn't in the mood to speak to anyone. He has a mouth on him that has gotten his butt in a lot of trouble a few times. He can be sweet on the outside, but there's a dark and fiery inner Paulo that is just waiting to burst out and spread it's wings on the inside. He can sometimes come off as very condescending and rude; he doesn't mean to act that way, it's just natural for him to think he knows everything about everything. He is very stubborn and it takes a even stronger personality to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. He can have a good time, if it was his idea to have it in the first place. He likes being in control and when he's in control, he is the happy and entertaining Paulo that is a blast to have around.

Skills: Paulo is a Computer and Tech Genius. He knows everything about the newest High Tech Devices and the newest Paranormal Equipment. Once he gets his hands on a nice piece of technology it will only take him a few hours before he knows everything about it. Anything Tech and Computer related, Paulo is the man for the job. He has a gift for photography and video recording. He knows the perfect angles and knows just what to to get on film at the right time.

Hobbies: Playing online video games. Playing video games (PS4, Xbox One S, etc...). VR Games (Virtual Reality). Computer Programming. Hiking. Swimming. Dyeing his hair crazy colors. Photography. Making Videos. Exercising. Listening To Music. Netflix.

In one sentence, why do you do what you do?: "To be able to capture life on film and be able to see how beautiful it really is, why wouldn't I want to do this?"

Bio: Paulo was born in São Paulo, Brazil; the nicknames he was called because of his name being the same as the city was enough to set him on a path of reckless actions. He was the youngest of six; having three older sisters and two older brothers. He was picked on the most by them. Even though he got bullied by his siblings, if anyone out of the Silva family tried to mess with him, his siblings would jump in and beat them down. Paulo grew up in a nice home and was sheltered away from the harder parts of living in Brazil. The Silvas were a working class family; not having too much money but having enough for all six kids and two parents to eat every night and have a nice home in the middle of the huge city.

The older Paulo got, the more he started to realize that he loved taking people's pictures and recording videos. He didn't like being in front of the camera; he much rather be behind it, taking the photos and making videos. He was only twelve when his father brought home his very first Video Camera. Before, Paulo would have to use the family's old video camera that barely recorded anything before it died without warning. Now with his brand new video camera, that was all his, he could record his family and anything else he wanted. Without having to check if it was dying every few minutes.

He would go outside and record the rain, his favorite time to do it since the world still had a wicked beauty to it even in the pouring rain. He loved recording his friends and his family as they played in the rain as well. Showing joy in a time when most people stayed in their homes and slept the day away because of the rain. He loved it soo much. His friends wanted to do more than just play in the rain all day and night. They all wanted to explore more of where they lived. Paulo didn't know if it was a good idea at first; at the time they were all only around thirteen and fourteen years old. In the end, thanks to peer pressure and name calling, he agreed to go with his friends and record everything.

They ended up traveling to The Amazon, which was breathtaking. Even at such young ages, they all couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Paulo nearly got lost in the beauty as he tried his best to get everything on video while he was following behind his friends. It became a regular routine for the group of boys to go traveling to different parts of Brazil. It was a shock that none of their parents ever found out about what they were doing; his friends were very sneaky and creative ones who knew how to stay out of trouble.

There was one place that they hadn't been to that they wanted to go. A forbidden place that the older men and women in their city had told them about. They wanted to go to Negro de Verde. When he heard the name, Paulo's heart nearly dropped out of his chest. He didn't want to look like a punk, but he also didn't want to go to a place that even the older and bigger kids were terrified of. He couldn't come up with a good enough excuse as to why he didn't want to go, and, to his disappointment, he was dragged off with his friends to the forbidden place.

The crazy thing about the whole Negro de Verde travel was that... Paulo didn't remember ever making it there. It seemed like when they got close to said area, he and all of his friends blacked out and ended up back in São Paulo, not remembering a damn thing. None of his friends or himself knew what had happened. Later on in the years they forgot all about it; except for Paulo who ended up getting very intrigued by and invested in the supernatural and urban legends that were told around Brazil.

Paulo was around eighteen when he joined a Paranormal Team in Brazil named Spook Crew. He had a new fascination with the supernatural and paranormal world. Being from Brazil, where there were thousands of stories and urban legends that talked about things that go bump in the night, Paulo wanted to capture it all on film and see if everything he has been told at such a young age could actually be true. If he could get it on tape, he would be a Legend in the Filmography World.

Extras:
→Right now, Paulo's hair is a bright, fire red color and he might be changing it to dark purple soon..
→He loves strawberries and blueberries and can eat them all day.
→Paulo has only been with one guy his entire life and it was his best friend, who ended up cheating on him and the two haven't spoken to one another for two years now.
→Paulo doesn't remember going to Negro de Verde when he was younger and he probably will never remember what happened that day.
→Paulo has a thick accent when he speaks anything language other than Portuguese. It can be very hard to understand him when he isn't speaking his Native Tongue.
→Paulo is Majoring in Film & Photography and Minoring in Computer Science at Anhembi Morumbi University (A Private College in São Paulo, Brazil).
Yes. Yes. Yes.

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Status
Not open for further replies.