The Better Console

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean there's differences between the PS4 and the XBone? Could have fooled me. Right now you can buy one and not be missing anything worth noting from the other.
Except exclusives to long established series.

Too true.

Good launch line ups are getting rarer and rarer.

Yeah, and a year and a half in we're still waiting for either console to make a big mark. There's zero reason for me to upgrade to a new system when the 360 pretty much has the exact same assortment of games as the new gen. The leap in graphics wasn't even that impressive, especially when you compare last gen to two generations ago.

Only game I see better next gen rather than current is Shadow of Mordor. PS3 and Xbox 360 don't have the Nemesis System that makes it worth a buy.

Yeah, and a year and a half in we're still waiting for either console to make a big mark. There's zero reason for me to upgrade to a new system when the 360 pretty much has the exact same assortment of games as the new gen. The leap in graphics wasn't even that impressive, especially when you compare last gen to two generations ago.
That's very true as well. You're talking to someone who spends most of his time on 4chan's /v/ board.
Trust me when I agree whole heartedly. This gen is bad, but it's got some decent gems.

@Salsacookies
SoM was still a lord of the rings re-skin of assassins creed with a (neat) but ultimately gimmicky system of "you'll fight him again!"

It was fun for a while. Shame you didn't get the control ability til soooo late though.

It really depends on what you prefer, on your own preferences and tastes, people can tell you "X is shit! because of Y!" or "X is the best because of Y" but really, just look into it yourself, browse carefully and LOOK FOR DEALS on each.

Let's also get things straight, I can't speak for the PS1 or SNES or N64 starts, or any of the consoles before, but when have the first years of any of the previous consoles been truly great and amazing? the only I think of is Xbox, with Halo, but that's it. That's just how I've seen it mostly. and yes, I didn't buy my own consoles growing up, my parents did, didn't really give Gaming a big go until I was in my teens, so I've always been pretty late to the "CONSUL WURRS" bullshit.

Just my 2 cents, honestly, feel free to ignore me.

and with this new generation online play has been equalized by the requirement of a monthly fee to do online stuff for Playstation 4.

Still, the Sony network costs considerably less.

Still, the Sony network costs considerably less.
Retail price for Xbox Gold for 3 months is $25, or for a year it's $60.

Retail price for Playstation Plus for 3 months is $18, or for a year it's $50.

A rather negligible difference of 10-28 dollars per year depending on whether you get year deals or the three month version. I'd say exclusive titles are still far more important, because if you're poor or cheap enough to feel like the online play cost will make a major difference in your choice then you probably shouldn't be buying a console in the first place due to all those other things you should be spending money on that are making you stress about 10-28 dollars a year. :P

I'm well aware that PC is the master race, but I don't forsee myself having the money to get a decent gaming computer any time soon.
You'll be paying more for games and to play online in either case, just something you should keep in mind. Also, depending on how fast your processor is, you can probably just throw a GTX 750 ti in the thing and get performance that'll be as good as a PS4.

I'd go rate and reply to everything, but my cell signal sucks and makes things a bit frustrating. I've read everyone's input though and am thankful for it. Considering everything said, mainly Jorick's bit about exclusives, I may stick with Xbox unless I can find someone in my area with the know-how to help me build a gaming computer. Knowing my luck, if I tried to follow instructional videos I'd end up breaking something. It will be some time from now though, whatever I do, because of problems the family has run into recently.

Uh, anyway thanks everyone, again.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Grothnor
Just gonna skip half the posts here. Yup.

Own both Xbox consoles, the first three PS consoles, a Gamecube, A Dreamcast and a GameBoy Colour.

They're All Awesome.
End Of Story.

However I don't feel there is no denying that the PS3 pulled further ahead late in the game in comparison to the 360 and Nintendo, well, they just keep trucking along with a steady release of Nintendo fans favorite characters and the joyous little games with the Wii-mote. PS3 pulled ahead with outrageously beautiful graphics which really proved how much a dev could milk from the PS3 with games such as The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls or even more recent titles like The Witcher 3. Though the 360 has kept up no less in solid games while lacking the Blu-ray material which gave that extra perk to the PS3.

Oh. And as for comparing the next gen consoles, it seems a meaningless thing to do considering they've been out for what? Two or three years? Give them another five and then the measuring contest can begin, until then no dev has been able to push the limits of the consoles ability to function and really show off.

Anyways. Enough rambling.

Gonna go and play on my PC now.

Someone did some digging on the site code for fallout 4 and found constant use of "xbox360" and "ps3" to go with their current gen counterparts. It could mean it'll be a cross-gen platform title.

But seriously. For the price of a new console and peripherals you can build a sturdy gaming PC with lots of room to upgrade. Not to mention the online fee.

I'm an idort. So it's whatevs. Good luck though.

Don't forget mods. Mods make Bethesda.
Fallout 4 is not for 360 and PS3. Bethesda said that it isn't, and that what they are trying to do with Fallout 4 won't work on the old consoles.

If you're going to choose between two plastic bricks with very few titles worth playing, I would have to recommend Microsoft's XBox One if for no more reason than that I cannot ever recommend a Sony product. As a company, Sony is veritably worse than EA, engaging in censorship, destroying development companies for failing to meet impossible quotas, and capitulating to terrorist demands. Microsoft on the other hand, changed their product when faced with public backlash. So if you're gonna buy an expensive plastic brick to play Fallout 4, at least go with the company that was willing to change their product when demanded.

You can also, alternatively, wait for the Steam Box. It looks promising. :ferret:

PC and Wii U. Unless you really, really want Halo 4 or Bloodborne, which are the only reasons to buy those consoles and pay a extra 15 dollars a month to play online on the internet you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.