The Best of Friends (UltimaCircuit x Manila1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
___Bad_Boy____by_zefair.jpg

A flurry of emotions flowed through his spirit at that moment. There was no way that he would let anything ruin this moment, not even her parents. She asked why she was looking at him like that, and he rendered no words in response. She went on to say that he was acting weird, and he shook his head before grasping her other free hand with his free hand. He was not being weird. Only one person was running through his thought process at that moment, and that was her.

Katomi leaned in before pressing his forehead to hers. His heart beat slightly started to increase. Nimia was the one that he would be sharing his first kiss with. Of course, he was inexperienced but that didn't matter right now. What mattered was him getting the point across that he no longer wanted to be friends with her. He wanted Nimia to be in a relationship with him, and that was final. It was the ultimatum that had been in his mind for the past couple of days. He entwined their fingers before pressing his lips to hers. A feeling of relief and bliss ran through him. Katomi was finally doing what he dreamed of.​

When he leaned his forehead against hers, his eyes still trained on hers, she was officially lost for words. 'Now he's really acting weird,' she thought, but even as this crossed her mind she knew she was being hypocritical because she was acting just as weird as he was. She wasn't sure how long they stayed like that. However, she was well aware of the rate their hearts were being during this time. With his minty breath gently fanning her face her mind immediately wondered if his mouth tasted as good as it smelled. She wanted him to kiss her. And not even a second later, as though he'd read her mind, she felt him lock his fingers in hers. And then their lips met.

To say she was taken by surprise had to be the understatement of the century, which is why she didn't immediately respond. Once she realized what was happening she coudn't help the relief that washed over her; relief that he seemed to share the same feelings as she. Or maybe she felt that way because he'd finally kissed her. This was something she'd been waiting for, and for a very long time. Because she'd finally gotten what had haunted her even while she was awake, happiness replaced this feeling of relief. And then not long after that, a new desire that she'd only felt in her dreams took over. Nimia was the one to break the kiss, but only for a a breif moment. She released one of his hands, placed a finger under his chin, before pressing her lips to his once again. But this time her goal was to go for a real one.

As their lips met he was overwhelmed by a wave of emotion. Love and blissfulness filled his heart, and he hoped the same had happened for her. It probably did, considering the fact that she didn't move away or turn her head to avoid the kiss. She took it and he was glad that she did. He would have had the moment last forever and never broke the kiss but she did, and he was slightly glad about that too. If they had kept the kiss going any longer he would have lost his breath. As she pulled back, he looked away for a moment, a rather flustered expression on his face. He had finally kissed a girl for the first time and it felt so good, but how did she feel about what just happened?

He was unsure, and thought he would never get an answer until he felt her finger under his chin. He turned to her with a puzzled expression before feeling yet the gracefulness of another kiss. Katomi decided to grasp her arms gently, before pushing her down on the bed, his position now atop her. He kept the kiss going, stroking up and down her arms before hearing a knock at the door. The knob could be heard as it was turned repeatedly, though the lock on the door kept it from opening. Katomi immediately pulled away before looking around, not knowing where to hide.

"Shit. I didn't think they would come check on you..."

This time when she pressed his lips to his, she was a bit more forceful. She nipped his lip playfully, and when he opened his mouth she took it for the cue that it was, and then entered. Sure this was her first time doing something like this, but it felt right. She was going off of instinct after all. And by the way Katomi returned her advances, she was sure she was doing fine. As the kiss deepened, she couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corner of her lips. He tasted just as good as she thought. Like mint and some kind of sweet she couldn't name.

When he gently pushed her back onto the bed, his lips didn't part hers for even a second. As his hands stroked her arms, she brought up a hand that would play in his soft hair. Her other hand was at his back. And then she-

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

A knock at her door had them equally bolting up and apart. As the doorknob twisted and another knock sounded she heard Katomi express his thoughts on what was happening. If she wasn't so rattled after almost being caught she would have had a smart retort for that. She ran a hand through her long brown hair sighed. She needed to calm herself and remember how to think.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! "Nimia!" It was her mother. "I know you're up! Open the door."

Nimia got to her feet and gestured for him to hide in the closet. Before sliding it closed she whispered, "Good thing we locked the door, huh?"

TWIST. TWIST. BOOM! BO-

"Mother," Nimia complained as she opened the door, her voice taking on one that said she had just awoke from her slumber. It wasn't a hard part to play. Her bed was a bit messy, she was wearing pajama bottoms and a T-shirt, and her hair was a bit out of place; although she did come a hand through it to make it a bit more presentable. All she had to do was do the voice and rub her eyes. "Do you realize what time it is? I have school in the morning."

Her mother shrugged. "I needed to borrow a movie."

Nimia gave her a bewildered look. "A movie?" That's when she knew that her mother was just using it as an excuse to get into her room. "Sure. Come on in."

(Ten Minutes Later)

She closed the door and turned the lock before making her way to the closet, slowly sliding it open. "You can come out now," she told him with a small smile.

The sound of Nimia's mother against the door startled Katomi to the point where he almost had a heart attack. If they had found out about what the two had been doing, they sure as hell would never even let him look at her again. The now startled male had hurried into the closet, waiting for Nimia's mother to barge in so she could ask what was going on or whatever. He heard her statement about how it was good how she locked the door, and he nodded in reply. It was great actually. He was happy that she was smart enough to take cautionary measures rather than relying on luck. That was the Nimia that he adored. He watched his love interest open the door, conversing with her mother and asking if she knew what time it was. Nimia's mother said that she came in to find a movie, which seemed to be rather suspicious. There was no way that someone would bang on a door that loudly just to get a movie.

Was her mother onto him and her, or was that how she usually was? While Nimia occupied her mother's time, Katomi took mental steps back, retracing his steps to see where he slipped up. He would have gasped if Nimia's mother wasn't so close. Did her parents hear the rock that was thrown at her window? "Man, I am such an idiot..." he though to himself. He was trying too much to be like Romeo rather than being a smart individual who covered his tracks. But, this was only theory. Her mother might have not heard the rock that was hit against her daughter's window. Katomi waited for about ten minutes and saw that Nimia's mother was exiting the room. He sighed in relief as Nimia approached the closet door before sliding it open. He stumbled out of her closet, a shirt getting on his leg. The boy bent down to pick it up before placing it on a rack, and fell back onto Nimia's bed.

"God, your mother almost gave me a heart attack..."

She chuckled, and leaned her back against the wall. "Yeah. All because she apparently wanted a movie." Though she didn't buy that story one bit. Call her paranoid but rarely did her mother come into her room. She found it coincidental that she would suddenly want to now. "Oh well. Your friend can be a good liar when she needs to save..." She slowly trailed off. 'Friend,' she said. Could they even be called that anymore? It was clear that there relationship would be complicated from now on because of earlier's events. She mentally shook her head and changed the subject with a yawn.

"What are you doing? That's my bed." Yes, she was so tired that she had just noticed him on her bed. "I'm sleepy," she said after a while. "Unless you plan to sleep over I suggest you get home, and before someone realize you're gone. You know we have a test tomorrow. You should get as much study time as possible." Katomi was anything but stupid, she knew. But even so, it was always fun to tease him. "I don't want to have to give you the answers again."

He chuckled at her comment about how his friend could be a good liar. His mind then backtracked for a moment before locking on the word friend. They probably were a little bit more than friends at that moment but he wouldn't go and pressure her about the matter. There was always other days, and he was pretty sure that Nimia wouldn't be going for any other guys. He came back to reality as Nimia spoke about the bed he was laying on being hers and that the two also had a test tomorrow. She suggested sleeping over and he totally would have but he didn't bring a change of clothes with him. Finally, she suggested that he get as much studying time as he needed, and he looked at her wide eyed for a moment before gulping. They were so caught up in their moment of love that he had forgotten all about the geometry quiz tomorrow.

"Thank god that you reminded me! I would have failed if it weren't for you."

He stood there for a moment, an awkward silence ensuing. How should he particularly exit. Should he just go out the window or sneak through her house? Scratch that, sneaking through the house would be an awful idea. He got up before giving Nimia a hug and a little kiss on the nose. If they kissed too much then they wouldn't cherish the feeling of it anymore. The kiss on the nose was also to tease her so she would want just a little bit more of him.

"I'll see you tomorrow!"

Katomi approached the window before pushing it open. He stared at the moon for a second before crawling out and hopping onto the branch once again. He almost fell over, but he regained his balance at the last second. Katomi then grabbed the bark of the tree, using it as an weird ladder to get back down on the ground. He waved goodbye to her before blowing a kiss and smirking. The troublemaker turned around before heading down the sidewalk to his house which was two blocks away from hers.​

She waited until she could no longer see his tall figure before shutting her window and pulling closed the curtains. She had long since turned off the TV, and lights to deceive her mother so now she lay in her bed. Darkness surounded her (only a small patch of light shining from the moon remained), but despite the darkness she could see those heart-stopping eyes and his signature cocky smile. As she threw her arm over her eyes to block out the moonlight she recalled the way his hands grabbed her arms, the way his hand held hers, and more importantly their kiss. She quickly sat up and ran a hand over her face. Once. Twice. Three times, but not matter how many times she rubbed she couldn't get rid of those images.

Not that she wanted to forget.

She blew out a frustrated breath, and then chuckled. No. She never wanted to forget this. Although it felt too much like a dream to be true, she knew this was reality. Their make out session had really happened. He proved it to her when he kissed her nose before slipping out the window. She smiled at that. Good thing he left quieter than he came because then she totally would have been doomed. She rubbed her face once more before falling back onto her pillow. No. She didn't want to forget this ever happen because she never regret it. However, there was one other thought on her mind as she tried to force her eyes closed. How the hell was she supposed to sleep with him constantly haunting her dreams? 'Damn,' she thought. 'Looks like I'm not going to sleep tonight.'

(Next Morning: First Period)

"Nimia, are you okay?"

She was laying down on the desk when she heard a classmate's voice. She hadn't slept a wink last night. The moment sleep started to take over her alarm clock sprung alive, telling her it was time for school. She raised her head and met a kind face with light brown eyes and glasses. "I'm fine, Shojo. Why do you ask?"

"You look exhausted. Are you ready for the test?"

Nimia groaned in response. "Of course, now let me sleep."

She heard Shojo's footsteps grow distant, and was able to catch a few Z's before she heard talking in the hall. Instantly she knew it was her friends. She didn't bother to raise her head even after they entered.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Next Morning: First Period)

Katomi stumbled up the steps and towards the main door of the school. He furiously rubbed his eyes, trying to make himself wake up a little bit more but he couldn't help it. He had left Nimia's house quite late, way past his regular time of sleep. The male searched around the halls, seeing if any of his friends were around. Seeing that they were not, he sighed in relief. Of course, he loved his friends to death but he didn't really want anyone to question as to why he was so tired. But, he was at their usual place in the hall, meaning that... he was late for class!

Katomi quickly sprinted up the stairs, running towards classroom 2-B. This was the classroom that him and his friends would probably be in. The four of them all waved hi to him at the door and he just nodded at them. The kid was even too tired to talk! He took his regular seat in class before realizing that he sat behind Nimia. He peeked over his desk to look at her but she seemed to be asleep.

"I guess you didn't get that much rest last night, huh?"

When her heart began beating furiously in her chest, Nimia knew that Katomi had arrived. She didn't have to look up to see. She already knew. And it was this natural reaction towards him that told her she wouldn't be able to catch any shut eye in class either. She sighed, finally lifting her head. "I got lots of rest." Her tone was convincing enough but once a yawn escaped her she knew she was caught. "Okay, maybe I didn't," she admitted, rubbing her eyes. "Not a wink. Before I could even close my eyes the alarm woke me. I'm freaking exhausted."

She didn't want him thinking it was his fault so she said, "But it was only because I stayed up studying again." It wasn't completely lying. Once she figured out she was never going to sleep she began studying. Not for the tests. Those were easy enough. She was studying for the next business affair her parents would drag her into. When that didn't work she tried listening to music to drown out her thoughts. But even that didn't help.

"What about you?" She asked. He seemed to be more awake than she was. But then again she was basing this off of his voice. She hadn't turned to look at him yet. "You seemed to have rested well."

Nimia had stated that she had got a lot of rest, but that was obviously false by the way she sounded. He then later heard her admit that in reality she had not gotten any rest at all, and that her alarm rang as soon as she closed her eyes to sleep. She also stated that she was up so late because of studying and he rolled his eyes at that statement. Sure, she was a bookworm and a pretty smart girl but he didn't think that she would stay up really late and even go to the point where she would endanger her own sleep. His ears perked up as she asked about how his night was, and he shrugged.

"I mean, I rested a little bit and got some studying in too. But like you I kind of stayed up late because of our..."

He leaned in close to her ear to whisper.

"Kiss... just the feeling of your lips against mine..."

He then laughed a bit before pulling back and leaning back in his chair. Katomi would never let her forget what happened that fateful night.​

A wave of heat ran up her body the second she was reminded of their kiss. As if on cue, thoughts about the feel of his lips entered her mind and no matter how hard she tried to prevent them they just kept coming. Nimia groaned, lightly banging her head against the desk. Now she knew without a doubt that he would never let her forget what happened. She had feeling he would remind her about their kiss every time the opportunity presented itself. Not that she wanted to forget about it, but... 'Okay, I'm awake,' she thought, raising her head.

It wasn't long before their friends headed toward them. Despite the last bell, their teacher had yet to arrive , giving the class a little more time to socialize. "Nimia," began Aoi. "Why is your face so red? Are you sick?"
"I'm fine," she muttered.
"Why are you two so tired?" It was their other friend, Luka, this time. Nimia shrugged in respone, deciding she would let Katomi answer that one.

He chuckled as Nimia said that she was finally awake. Katomi enjoyed the reaction that he got out of her and wondered what the both of them would do the next time they had a romantic encounter. He looked to the ceiling, pondering what he would do if the situation arose before hearing Aoi. He asked why Nimia's face was so red and she replied with a low "I'm fine". Luka then came to ask why both of them were so tired, and he looked at her as he tried to come up with a lie. He couldn't say that the two were too busy thinking about each other to go to sleep.

"Well, we do have a test today. I guess we both just stayed up too long studying. Maybe I should get my priorities straight..."

The four friends watched them with equal suspicion forever before finally accepting his answer. They looked like they wanted to say more, and Nimia breathed a sigh of relief when they didn't. She didn't think she was up to their teasing. Especially today. Because her mind kept wandering to yesterday's events she had a feeling she was blurt out something she shouldn't. Speaking of yesterday... She wondered what it all meant. Was it just a heat of the moment thing? Or was it something more. For her it certainly was more, but what about Katomi?

"I heard the test is really difficult this time,' Ari said, pulling Nimia from her thoughts. "Apparently it's either going to make us or break us."
Aoi groaned. "I hate tests. I always barely pass them."

At that moment the classroom door slid open. Everyone rushed to their seats at the teacher stepped in. "Alright everyone. I'll call role, and then the test will begin." Sounds of displeasure filled the room at the mentioning of the exam, but eventually died down.

Katomi sighed in relief as his friends decided to not dwell on his response. As he took another glance at Nimia he pondered what she was thinking about. His mind was still stuck on yesterday and what the two did. He was truly falling for her and wanted to date her but he knew that he shouldn't ask her right now. "One night isn't going to make anyone date you..." he thought. He came back to reality as his friends conversed about the test. It was apparently going to make or break them and he sighed. The boy actually did some studying after his make out session, but geometry wasn't his strong suit. He watched the classroom door slide open as the teacher walked in and heard the pleas of discomfort from all of his colleagues. Everyone dreaded the test and he would have started a riot about not taking one if it wasn't going to get him kicked out of school. As his name was called for the role call he stuck his arm out. He placed his head on the desk before sighing. He really did not want to be tested over anything at this moment. All he wanted to do was continue daydreaming about him and Nimia.​

(Ten minutes into the test)

All she could think about, as she scribbled down equations, was yesterday' kiss. And because of that, she wasn't even sure the answers on the paper was correct. They looked right enough. Then again, it wasn't like she was really reading the questions. Every time she encountered a word problem she always ended up twisting around the words. For example, one of the word problems talked about a guy going out for a ice cream. He needed to figure out the distance between him and the ice cream parlor. But Nimia would mindlessly change it to something like, 'Katomi is planning to sneak out of his house to come see Nimia. Find the distance of the two house.' Or another one was, 'A certain troublesome boy is standing in a tree throwing rocks at a girl's window. At what angle was he throwing the rocks?'

She placed down her pencil and huffed. She was taking a small break. If she didn't, she was sure she would drive herself insane with thoughts of Katomi. After she'd finally calmed down, Nimia picked up her pencil and began scribbling down equations. However, it wasn't long before Katomi began haunting her thoughts one again. She sighed. There was no way she would ever be able to focus on this test. It was best to just find key words and hope the almost illegible answers were right.

What the hell was this. The stuff that was on the test in front of him wasn't anything that he had gone over last night, or was it? Was he even focused on the test or was the situation with Nimia really hitting him that hard? He looked at the test, blinking a few times before sighing. There was no way that he was going to be passing this test. He just had to accept the fact that he was going to fail and get probably a C or D. He fiddled with his pencil, trying to get an answer for the question that now faced him, and that was what would become of him and Nimia. Wait, what was he thinking? That wasn't even the question! He groaned but then noticed it was a multiple choice question. He filled in the A box, hoping that he would at least get it right, but he only had a 25% of doing so.​

(10 minute break before next period)

For the next two minutes the classroom was a very gloomy place. Just about every student there had this look of dread etched on their faces. Even Nimia, who sat tapping a pencil against the desk with her head resting in the palm of her hand, wasn't very confident about the results of her exam. But once those two minutes were up, a wave of relief as well as happiness seemed to have swept over the room. She had just finished stretching when her friends walked over, asking how they'd done. Nimia didn't answer, but simply switched the question around.

"I failed!"

"Hey, Ari." Aoi. "Why do you sound so cheerful when you screamed that?"

Ari grinned. "Because I'm glad it's finally over."

Nimia as well as the others mumbled their agreement. She couldn't focus at all because of Katomi. So when she wasn't reminiscing about last night, she was watching the clock and counting the seconds before the bell rang. "Well, I'll be back," she said, walking towards the door. "I'm going to the vending machines."

Katomi hand his face in his hands and groaned loudly. He was about to slam a fist on his desk but he would have seemed like a madman if he did exactly that. He turned back to his friends as they conversed about the test. He listened to Ari exclaim about how she failed and he was wondering why she would even think that that was a good thing. Even Aoi was too, and it turns out that she was happy because the test was done and over with. He nodded in reply and also in agreement. That test truly took a toll on his brain, and it was probably one of his worst experiences ever. Nimia said that she would be heading over to the vending machines and he decided that he would go as well.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go with Nimia to get a drink."

Ari chimed in, trying to be a nuisance as usual.

"Why, are you guys dating?"

"NO! I just parched is all..."

"Jesus, no need to over react, kiddo."

He rolled his eyes at Ari before heading out the door and towards the vending machines where Nimia was at. He pulled out some yen from his pocket before scanning the drinks.

"What do you want? I'll buy you something."

She was just about to lean her head against the machine when she heard his voice. Odd how his voice alone could send her heart into a frenzy. She cleared her throat. "Um... that one." She pointed to the can of green tea. She wasn't sure why she liked the stuff. Green tea didn't particularly taste good. She watched as he pushed in the coins and entered the numbers. The can hit the bottom with a loud thump. She grabbed it out of the tray and cracked it open, muttering a small "thanks."

As she sipped the cold bitter drink she couldn't help but feel a little awkward. They hadn't really talked since last night nor did they ever talk about what happened. And because of that it was difficult to make conversation. It was interesting to see how one kiss could change everything in a friendship. "Um... So...," she grounded out, trying to think of something to say. "How is your morning so far?" She mentally face palmed at that. How was your morning? Really, Nimia. You're ranked number two in the school and that's all you can think of? You should have kept your mouth shut.

"Sorry," she mumbled, her cheeks going red. "As you can see, I really don't know how to talk to you... after that."

Status
Not open for further replies.