The best accent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote a character like that not too long ago. He had no RP to call home. But he was basically a chav/russian in a track suit with a drinking problem.
*ring**ring**ring*ring*
*ring**ring*
My CUZIN! :D Let's go bowling.

Most to all accents are cool. It's interesting seeing how someone else's tendencies in their dialect or language affects how they speak and word things. German, Russian, Scottish, ex-British influence type former colonies are some good ones.

• Love
Reactions: Torsty and scribz
Give me an American guy with a Southern accent any day!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy!

Seriously, my ex was from Texas. I drooled every time he talked. It wasn't the hick kind of accent, but the polite, southern gentleman type.

I had a few linkshell friends when I played FFXI who lived in England that I'd Skype with during events. Their accents always tripped me up, especially when they'd start throwing out all the English slang.

Any accent that isn't mine is pretty awesome. Mine sucks because it's like me, a mutt. People back home say it's southern. People in Florida say it's northern. No one knows what the hell it is, but it's the reason I hate voice chatting with anyone, especially when I get people harassing me to say the words water and pitcher.

Some manner of British sounds good.

79a.gif

I love hearing people speak in most accents, as long as it isn't harsh or brash. If an accent is so strong it twists the words, it just feels like an assault on the ears. Soft accents are best accents. Which is sorta ironic considering I have a pretty damn strong southern English accent, as some of the RPG folk know from voice chat, despite having lived in Scotland for longer.

I am disappoint at the lack of an actual poll to vote in

I like African and Jamaican accents :3

Scottish. Give me a man with a nice Scottish accent and I'm pretty much a puddle on the floor.

Other than that, Australian and Italian accents are pretty cool, as well as Irish. The Boston accent sounds pretty cool, too. But really, any accent, as long as it ain't so thick it hinders communication, is always nice. It's a lot more fun that way, rather than hearing the same thing over and over again.

Not really part of the discussion, but just because:

Ugliest accent, I've got to vote Swedish. Mostly because I've heard so many grown Swedes try tu use broken English, it gets painful after a while. And growing up in Sweden, I gotta say, it's horrid to have to listen to.

Scottish. Give me a man with a nice Scottish accent and I'm pretty much a puddle on the floor.

Other than that, Australian and Italian accents are pretty cool, as well as Irish. The Boston accent sounds pretty cool, too. But really, any accent, as long as it ain't so thick it hinders communication, is always nice. It's a lot more fun that way, rather than hearing the same thing over and over again.

Not really part of the discussion, but just because:

Ugliest accent, I've got to vote Swedish. Mostly because I've heard so many grown Swedes try tu use broken English, it gets painful after a while. And growing up in Sweden, I gotta say, it's horrid to have to listen to.
Good choice mate. :D

Australian. The thicker kind, not that vage British-like-but-not-quite Aussie used by news reporters and such (ew). Aussie chicks makes this man climb the damn walls. Backpacking in Australia is the best thing I've ever done.

Indian. : 3

Gotta be honest, I love that British-Indian accent. It's just so... Mmf.

I also adore Irish accents and the Southern Antebellum accent. OMG, Southern Antebellum on a classy girl is just... wow.

I'm here for no other reason than to say my accent is the best accent, and then pat myself on the back.

:D

South African accents, I adore them. I have an American friend who insists that my accent [Australian] is the coolest. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. :P

Northern Californian, specifically the bay area. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Awww yeah, accents can be so sexy. When I meet someone with a Jamaican accent, I wanna tell 'em: "Jamaican me crazy!" :rotfl:

I also really like Brooklyn accents, and Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.