The Bedlam Academy

Summer frowns. "Yeah. I guess you'll hate me too like the others. I should've known."sighs and puts her head on the desk.

"Oh...is it because of your abilities?" she asked him curiously, lowering her head to catch his gaze again, smiling encouragingly, "Come on, don't look so down, yeah? It's nothing to be embarrassed about. If it makes you feel better, I've never kissed a guy before."

She gave a laugh, but it was somewhat obvious that it was out of embarrassment and not humor. She played with her hair and lightly touched the flower pinned into the thick tresses.

"Thanks for the flower, my friend, it's really pretty," she thanked him, her eyes hazel green again, the color of her contentment.

At hearing the girl's words, she turned to her with her brow furrowed in worry, "Hate you? We hardly know you so why would we hate you?"

"For me being....well, me. I'm unwanted and this school just wants me for my ability. I'm a freak and a nobody." She poured all her hurt and sadness into those words.

Sinclair listened to those words and felt a pang or sadness hit her chest, her eyes unknowingly turnin to a deep, ocean blue. A freak and a nobody? She knew how that felt, though she tried not to let the past effect her present. She smiled playfully and shook her curls from her face.

"Well then, welcome to the esteemed academy for freaks!" she declares with a laugh, "We're all pretty much in the same boat here, so don't let what's happened in the past effect right now. No one will reject you...at least I won't."

Summer smiles. "Thanks. I never felt so happy. I can't believe anyone would say that to me."

Corvo listened to the two's conversation about the past. Heh...the past. Those were the days. Being stowed away from society, abused, neglected, until he found his way out using force. Corvo had an evil heart, after what he had been through, and all the things he had done he could never have a good heart again. Evil was all he knew. He was forced into it.

"A bomb set off in a small town in Canada." replace the word 'bomb' with 'Corvo' and we have a match. Corvo couldn't even control his powers completely yet. Anger was his trigger. That last day when he was about to be killed happened to be the day when the 'bomb' went off. What a convenience. "One survivor was found and was taken straight to American government labs for reasons that were classified and would not be told to us reporters." A tear almost came to his eye at the though, but like Sinclair said. He couldn't let the past effect now. He sat back in his seat and put the cigarette back in his mouth. "We're all the same here. Our kind needs to stick together, so add me to that list of friends you now have." he said with a small smile. "I won't reject ya."

Summer frowns. "Ok. We're friends but don't touch me. Even if it's a life or death situation."

Corvo laughed. "Trust me I won't feel a thing," he said. He then teleported up to her spot in the class and laid a finger on her shoulder He then felt the electricity vault through him, he then gathered it all up in his hand and closed his fist. "I'll save that for later." he said, before teleporting back to his seat.

"That's not even fair! You guys have some kind of power and what do I have? My eyes change color. Ooohh, scary. It does nothing but give my emotions away," Sinclair playfully whined, perching herself up on her desk top and folding her arms over her chest.

"And since I'm such a mortal, I won't be touching you...uh," she stopped as she looked at the other girl, "I never got your name, friend."

Corvo smiled "Sinclair...I know for a fact you're something more than that." he made an effort to unfold her arms, and held her hand. "I'll help you find it. I promise." he said with a sweet smile.

Her eyes widened a fraction and her cheeks began to heat up considerably when his warm hand encased her smaller one. If she could see her eyes right then, she would notice them turning to a bright, honey gold color that gave away her shyness. Nonetheless, she smiled and nodded at Corvo, looking up to lock her gaze with his.

"I have no idea how you can know that for a fact, but discovering if I have some kind of power sounds like fun...as long as you're there to help me," she told him with a giggle, looking between him and their new friend, "Say, how about we bust out of here? It's getting boring and I can't stand to sit in here another second with these stupid orderlies."

Reactions: 1 person
Corvo smiled and nodded. "I'm totally up for that!" he said with a wide smile. "This will be fun!"

"Yeah, I think so too," Sinclair replied mysteriously as she grinned knowingly, fishing a small, clear marble from her bag and holding it up discreetly, "I may not have any special powers, but I'm pretty good at causing distractions. Let's see if I still got the magic touch."

With a quiet giggle, she flicked the marble over her shoulder and towards the back of the class where an orderly was patrolling. He didn't see the marble as it rolled under his foot and in the next instant, he was caught on the round sphere and quickly losing his balance. He gave a surprised yelp and struggled to find his footing, but he clumsily tripped over his own foot, crashed into a shelf and fell to the floor in a heap. The noise sent another student that hated loud and sudden sounds into a frenzy and she immediately started screaming and thrashing around, knocking glass bottles and books to the floor in her hysteria. The other orderlies immediately ran to the back of the room to control the commotion, leaving classroom door unguarded. Sinclair took hold of Corvo's wrist and pulled him towards the open door, waving for their other friend, The Kiss of Death she would refer to her as until she got her name, and immediately bolted out of the room. She ran and ran until they ended up in the empty gym, the girl brushing her hair out of her eyes before she looked to Corvo.

"Looks like I still got it!" she exclaimed with a bright smile.

Corvo was surprised at her doings. "Hah wow!" he said with a smile. "I guess so!" he looked around. "So um...what now? You wanna play around a bit?" he asked Sinclair. He teleported to one of the bleachers then to one of the ceiling lights and hung off of it upside down. "There's a lot to do here. We just can't get caught I guess." Corvo swung on the light, then started to drain the power out of it. Which immediately gave him an idea. "Hey electric girl," he said before leaping off the lamp and hitting the ground. "I think I found a good use for your abilities."

(I think Summer logged off for now, hehe.)

Sinclair shrugged as she watched Corvo shooting from here to there in the blink of an eye, giggling to herself when he hung upside down and then dropped back to solid ground. She ran across the basketball court and over to the firmly locked supply room. She reached into her hair and slipped out some small, thin looking device that resembled a hair clip and used it to jimmy the lock. There was a soft click and she grinned victoriously before stashing the device back into her hair and then opening the door. She disappeared inside the supply room for a few seconds before she came back with a basketball.

"Might as well have some fun while we're here, right?" she asked the boy, bouncing the ball from one hand to the other and the behind her back and between her legs, "At least until the next gym class starts and then we'll book it, haha."

She moved towards the basket and shot the ball, hearing it make an audible whoosh as it dropped through the net. She ran to get the ball and stood up with it in her hands. She looked from the ball to Corvo and then back again, her eyes clouding over with thought before an idea sprung in her head.

"How about we play a little game?" she asked him playfully with an ominous tone to her voice, "A shooting game? Every time I make a shot, you have to answer one of my questions and every time you make a shot, I have to answer one of your questions. How does that sound?"

She stood right in front of him with the ball in her hands, gazing into his eyes with a bright light glimmering in her own and a sweet smile on her face.

Corvo smiled back. "well I guess you have to answer me a question already eh?" he said while pointing at the ball, flicking his finger up and making the ball fall through the hoop, "Ooh! Bonus question!" he said before making it do another shot. The ball landed back in Sinclair's hands. "Those count right?" he asked with a snicker.

Sinclair narrowed her now hazel green eyes, "Oh, you think you're funny, huh?"

With a quick thought, she pegged the ball at his stomach, making him double over from the sudden shock to his gut. She grinned victoriously and spun the ball on her finger, "Now that was funny, hehehe."

Taking the ball in her hands, she tucked it under her arm and bent down to his level, "I guess I have to honor at least ONE of your shots. So what's your question for me?"

Corvo coughed after the blow and looked up to see Sinclair's beautiful face not too far away from his. "uh...um....oh yeah question um....so...how are you?" he asked for some odd reason. He didn't know what it was, and no other girl has ever had this kind of effect on him. "I mean um.....like...." Corvo was honestly at a loss of words, not because of the ball to the stomach, but because of Sinclair, and he was really confused why.

She blinked in surprise at his question before laughing at how adorable his stammering was. Sinclair reached out and gently gripped his chin in her hand, making him look her in the eye as she smiled at him.

"You are way too cute for your own good, ya know that?" she retorted teasingly, releasing him and standing straight once more, "And to answer your question, I'm just fine. A thousand times better now that we're out of that class. It was starting to drive me crazy and I've never been a good antsy person."

She turned around swiftly and released the ball from her hand, hearing it make that audible whoosh sound again as it fell through the net; "Alright, for my first question," she started with playfully flirty glint in her eye as she moved closer towards his face again and whispered for only him to hear, "Do I make you nervous when I'm this close?"

Corvo swallowed and got real nervous real quick. "Um......n-no..." he lied horribly. He tried to avoid her eyes.