The Bedlam Academy

Axel lowered himself to the ground with a grunt and fished into his pockets. Each in one hand, he made work of the cigarette and lighter. Satisfied, he blew a ring of smoke into the air.

"Then that means I have time to enjoy some good nicotine." He held up the box in the tiny stream of light. "Any of you want?"

Red sighed at the lack of interest in this room. People here can be soooo unpredictable. Well it's up to me to find some friends who are willing to play.

"Toodles y'all"

She ran out of the room and decided that she'd make some mischief on her own. She began skipping down the hall singing:

"There was an old woman of skin and bones
whoooooa-oh-oh-oh
She lived down by the old grave yard
Oh oh oh oh
One day, she thought she'd take a walk
Whooooa-oh-oh-oh"

Red rounded the corner and headed towards the gym, still skipping and singing:

"She walk down by the old grave yard
oh-oh-oh-oh
She saw the bones a'laying around
whoa-oh-oh-oh
She went to the closest to get to her broom"

She heard a noise in the gym and turned to the door,

"She opened the door and...."

The doors to the gym burst open and she said qquietly "BOO!" with a wicked smile.

------------------>
[The song is called Skin and Bones. It's an actual nursery rhyme]

"No thanks," Sinclair responded with a smile, holding her hands up, "You go right ahead. You and Corvo can have a smoke ring party, hehehe."

She suddenly ducked at the sound of rushing feet, but relaxed when they ran past the gym; "Looks like they staff is trying to figure out what happened. They honestly need better people more equipped to handle the students here."

Before she could utter another word, the sound of the door bursting open and a loud "Boo!" cut her off. She flinched and swiveled around, thinking the orderlies had found them, but relaxed once more when she saw the student that had most likely caused the black out.

"And that's Desiree Red," she commented as she looked at the girl, grinning lightly, "Hey, friend."

"Oh, her," Axel hummed around the cancer stick. "I've never learned her name, as much as I meandered around the vent systems out of boredom. Hey there/." He smirked around the cigarette, a twinkle in his eye as his hair retracted and wove itself into a braid. He bowed, low and sweeping, the need to be snark a bit too strong to ignore. "Miss Lady Red," he straightened. "A pleasure."

Sinclair laughed humorously and shrugged her shoulders, "I heard it once and could never forget it. I thought it was an interesting name, one that never leaves you."

She turned to Axel and felt her eyebrows raise at the movements of his hair, her head tilting to the side, "Woah, that was pretty cool."

She fixed her gaze on his braid, reaching out to touch it, "So is this your super duper power?"

Axel cast a sideways glance toward Sinclair and nodded. "Yeah. At first I thought it was stupid, but it gets better," he grinned slightly. The tail end of the braid rose to meet her fingers, the tufted end unraveling to wrap around her hand and arm. It was soft to the touch -- he made sure of it with all the hair care products he invested in. The hair tunneled around her arm and fused, hardening. He stepped closer with the lighter and held the light under his hair. It didn't burn, but it heated a bit.

"It's smooth as steel and hard as bone," he said, a tad proud. A single strand unraveled and fell to the ground, the tip digging into the wooden floor and dragging a hard line through it. He watched Sinclair's face as the same strand came up to caress her cheek softly -- proving that it was, indeed, hair.

But somehow not.

He grinned and let her go completely. "It's handy when you want to pick locks too," he added off-handed.

Sinclair laughed at the ticklish feeling, scrunching the side of her face into her shoulder when the soft tufts of hair glides closer to her neck before releasing her. She stood straight again and placed her hands on her hips.

"So we got basically a magician," she looked at Corvo with a smile, "a human lightning bolt," she looked at Summer, "a prankster," Desiree Red, "and you."

Her eyes settled on Axel and grinned wide, "A whole group of super heroes I would say...locked up in a mad house with all the crazies. This should be fun."

Kiyra curls up as the lights go out, she bites her lip until it bleeds. In her state of fear even subtle sounds become booming noise. she eventually stands, tripping over a seat as she walks. she stumbles and falls as she leaves. She winced as she feels what must be glass. she drags herself to a wall where she rests, breathless from fear and pain. No longer caring about anyone hearing her, she starts to cry a mass of emotions getting the best of her.

An echoing cry caught Sinclair's attention and she told everyone to be quiet as she listened closely. The school was so silent most of the time that any sudden loud noises could easily be heard. Close to the gym, she heard the sound of someone sobbing.

Loudly.

"That's really close. If the orderlies catch them and find their way to us, who knows what will happen," she said aloud, already sprinting for the door to see where the sound was coming from.

She ran down a couple hallways in the dark, feeling her way around, before she found the outline of a girl curled up against the wall and crying almost hysterically. Her brow furrowed in worry and she crept closer.

"Hey...are you okay?" she called to the girl gently, kneeling down on one knee close to her, "What's wrong? Did the orderlies hurt you?"

(OCC: sorry for sudden leave, had class)

At the noise of a cry, Red shook herself out of her sudden comatose state. She glanced around and sighed in relief when she was glad no one notice. Disturbing her during her brief moments of comatose like behavior...could be bad. She strode along after the group and spot Kiyra after Sinclair.

"Crap. I forgot Kirya was afraid of stupid stuff like this." Red leaned down towards Kiyra, sat next to her, and raised her chin to look at her. "Hey you okay? Do you want to go to the library? It's quiet, the librarian is the nicest person in this place, and the chairs are sorta comfty. We can sort you out there."

((I'll be Red's sister.))Summer laughs. "I pulled a few more pranks than her." Points to Red.

Red rolls her eyes. "Summer, dear, we pull pranks TOGETHER most of the time. You ditched me last time and it landed my sorry ass confined for five days. Regardless, this is not time foryour adorableness, we need to get Kiyra out. I don't know if she can withstand whatever punishment the orderlies give out to her."

Red loops her arm under Kiyra's shoulders and looks to Axel "Well don't just stand there pretty boy, help!"

She waits for Axel to get the other side and proceeds to make towards the library. "We're going to the library."

Summer laughs. "Yeah. Oh,sorry for ditching you. I can't handle staying in a small room for long and you know that."

Kiyra blushes in embarrassment at the sudden attention, "I... I'm sorry... I fell on glass."

Summer smiles. "It's ok. It wasn't your fault." She bats her eyelashes.

"Kiyra, it's fine darling. It's my fault. I ripped out one too many wires. You know I like to make an entrance dear."

Red turned her head to Summer and smiled sweetly, "I'd take the small room for you any day sis, you know that!"

Red motioned for someone to open the door to the library. Red always considered the place a safe haven from the orderlies-you just had to be respectful here.

"If you ever go back in there sis, we can play the morse code games again!"

Summer nods. "Ok. Sounds like fun." Opens the library door for her sister and Kiyra.

Sinclair looked about as they entered the library, keeping an eye out for any orderlies that were patrolling since the lights were still out and a lot more students were now causing mischief. She followed after the two sisters and the injured girl, motioning for them to set her down so she could treat her cuts.

"I'll be as gentle as possible, okay?" she told the girl named Kirya with a warm smile.

((Haha, come back soon Corvo!))

Axel let his hair do as it wished, taking his time looking at the spines of the books he passed. Occasionally he'd pluck one out, read the back and then put them back. Sometimes he felt mischievous enough to reorder them. He'd long stubbed out the cigarette he was enjoying, opting to chew gum instead. After all, he disliked smokey books.

"If anything," he offered softly. "I can cover you both. That way if she screams, it won't be heard. A section of his hair dangled above the two just in case.

Red smiled and rose from Kiyra and walked over to Axel, she plucked one of the books from Axel's hand.

"I never pegged you for a reader or at least someone who respect books enough not smoke around them."

Red looked down at the book she had taken. "Ah Slyvia Plath! Let's see...." She thought for a moment and then smiled.

"If the moon smiled, she would resemble you. You leave the same impression Of something beautiful, but annihilating. Lovely writer, killed herself in the end. Such a shame, such a tortured soul."

She shot her best dazzling smile at Axel, put the book away, and then walked over you to Summer. When she arrived she nudged Summer with her hip through each other's clothes to prevent a shock and then stuck her tongue at her.

"Oh how I wish I could give you a noogie about now," she joked.