The Avian Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character Sheet:
Name: Sang-Ook Yoon/"OK"
Test Subject:# 7103
Appearance:
kfashion-korean-boy-korean-fashion-song-chan-ho-song-chanho-Favim.com-242212_large.jpg

Wings:
hummingbird-wings-spread-facing-foward-_v5w1331-canopy-tower-panamac.jpg
an-hummingbird35.gif
Bird DNA: Hummingbird
Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Sight, Hearing, Speed & Agility,
Eidetic Memory (He had that before though)
Outer Personality: Nearly silent, reserved, submissive follower.
Inner Personality: Loud, excited, lonely, independent.
Background: Sang-Ook was a foster care kid. The only thing that he remembers about his parents is that his dad used to play with him and sing to him all the time, but his mom never seemed to like him that much and she was the one who abandoned him at the park, where he was picked up by a cop and handed over to Child Services. From there, Sang-Ook was adopted by a multitude of families but soon put back in the system because he would never stop trying to find his father. Finally after six years of never finding a family, Sang-Ook ran away from his foster home and started living on the streets. He tried to search for his father, but most of his time was consumed by being chased by the authorities.
He thought he would catch a break when he met a woman who said she knew his father, so he followed her, but it turns out that she was a scientist and she took him to the lab where he was experimented on and locked in a cage.
Strengths: Speed, and Memorization
Weaknesses: No sense of smell and Shortened Life Span (He isn't aware of this)
Fear: Never reuniting with his father again and losing his memories.

Oh! Is there a spot for this? I'll edit this post with a CS shortly.

@Zadok shadows
Even without going into the physics of breaking through solid steel and how implausible it'd be to be strong enough to just pop the door off (even with enhanced strength), if your character could break out just like that, he wouldn't still be there. He'd either have escaped or been put in a stronger cage. Also, you missed a question mark and misspelled "happening." If you meant the door was unlocked, then it would just slide open easily, not require him to smash himself into it.

Also, I'll post after Adira does and makes something happen. At the moment, all I could really do is have Seraphina leave her cage and stretch her wings. It was mentioned that there were footsteps outside the cages, and everyone has so far ignored the possibility of people right outside, so I especially want to wait to see what occurs with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to slow the posting down a notch. Not everyone has had a chance to do an opening post yet.

I kind of feel like I need to point out how, quite frankly, idiotic it would be of the scientists to even have a window in the building. I think we've established at this point that the security here's somewhat lax, which is... unlikely considering the nature of the project, but still fair enough. A garbage shoot is also kind of believable, since you couldn't use it as an escape without cutting off the power, which might be a bit tough. However, a window... I mean, come on. Just how stupid are these people that they would build a (presumably) secret research facility with something as breakable as windows when they're housing superhuman bird people. I would expect the facility to be underground, really. And even if that's how they started out, haven't they learned anything from the previous breakouts?

No disrespect or anything, but there's a limit to how careless they can get without it seeming silly.

Or you know... Considering they're doing these experiments for military applications, these could all be intentional oversights.
I mean, they could be trying to see how well would the experiments fare in unexpected and possibly lethal situations. Lab tests can only do so much.

I doubt they would take such a risk, really. Think about it: they can't guarantee that they're going to be able to retrieve them. These are extremely valuable - and dangerous, I might add - test subjects; at least, the ones who were deemed successes. A military would have concern for their country's people, more so even than most since they're defending said country. Why would they endanger their citizens by releasing these highly dangerous super weapons? Besides, the training they're undergoing probably pits them against such challenges anyway; it's not only tests.

Also in the opening post it's saying stuff about having to send the angels in now, since the war is getting out of hand. And... they're just going to allow them to escape at a time like this?

I think the only way to make something like that work is for the military to have some serious measures implemented to make sure they can retrieve the angels after this 'test', I suppose you could call it. Not sure what that would be, but all I can think of - besides the people/creatures who will most likely be chasing them all around - is a traitor within the flock who could eventually sell them out and get them caught. Though I'm not sure why any of them would do that And even then, it's still very risky. It's hardly a sensible decision on the military's part.

@Xilfer Thank you for your concern. Also your reading of the opening post even though it says "Rarely ever" was a cage was left open. I excused that. But It also seems rather silly that everyone's cage was unlocked. Just saying. Also I've done this role-play before. The window they escaped from was the break room. This entire role-play is based on risks. The faculty also houses many different experiments so thank you but my character is allowed to think whatever she wants to think and if that's how she figures she can get out that's her idea. No one said she would be successful. You do have to remember these experiments may have a higher intelligence level but they don't know a lot about the outside world.

Edit: I edited my post a bit to make more sense. Also I honestly Don't mean to be a bitch. I just don't want to see this role-play fail.

@Zadok shadows Your last post is not acceptable. Please refer to the rules. 6 sentences unless your going though writers block, which in that case at least three.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the cages being unlocked, I kind of thought that the scientist from the first post was feeling guilty and intentionally left some of the cages unlocked because he didn't want to speed up the experiment. :O

@Adira
Well, first off, I apologize for offending you in any way. That wasn't my intention at all. Though looking back, probably could've phrased it a little more nicely, so again, my apologies. And yes, I realize it is silly to think that all the cage doors were open, I admit that, and I've already apologized about it. I'm the same as you; I would only point something like this out in order for the RP's plot to be better. No hard feelings. :)

It's true that your character is allowed to think what she likes; I guess I just assumed that since it was the GM speaking that would probably be the way out that everyone took. If it won't be, I guess I made a hasty assumption. But I still do think it's highly unrealistic for there to be any windows, even in the break room. (Which is where the guards/scientists take breaks, I assume)

To be honest, Ryder's solution seems like it would be the most effective, although it won't work well if we all go for it. Mine was based on the assumption that we - or at least, most of us - would be working together to get a way out, but from what I've seen it's looking like it's mostly every man for himself. It might be interesting if we all found ways out by ourselves in that case, though realistically we do stand a better chance of getting all the characters out if we band together. Then again, now that I think about it, this every man for himself mentality does make a lot of sense considering the suddenness of the situation and each individual's will for survival. It could go either way.

@Polystical That actually makes sense when I think about it. xD

@Xilfer no hard feelings, I'm tankful that you're pointing out some good things to consider. Considering every character is more "every man for themselves anyway it might be hard for everyone to band together. Also they are on a considerable short time line so whatever they are going to do is going to have to be quick

Indeed, you're right. Still, despite how difficult it would be, it might just be the only way. Even if there were a window/garbage shoot to escape from, getting through the waves of guards to get to it would be difficult unless you're numerous and have protection against the long-range weapons.

I suppose I'll have Zen insist on working together. He does see it as the only logical solution, anyway. But I shall wait till more people have posted; as you said, we're going a bit too fast.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Not entirely sure why my notifications for this thread ceased to exist but I just now have caught up and am getting my first post up. Sorry it's taken me this long! Also, as someone from the original RP of this, they are in a large aboveground facility that has security that is ill-equipped for the experiments taking place. They underestimate the power and intelligence of their test subjects and even if it might not make sense, in order for this to work, we'll just have to suspend our disbelief and go with it. As always, Adira has final say.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Just putting this out there.

Why would we need to suspend disbelief if it can be changed to be more realistic or at least believable? I beg to differ when you say that escaping can't be done without the scenario being unrealistic. Now, I have to mention, when I say 'realistic' I'm not talking about maximum grade security type stuff like... well, it would be if it were real life. Now that would be impossible to escape from. But a little bit more believability is not out of the question, since we are superhumans after all.

I realize Adira has final say, and the only reason I point these things out is to bring it to attention. There shouldn't be any harm in some input. And if it's not considered or the GM sees it more fit to go with another route, well then, yeah, that's how it'll go, and I won't argue. However I don't think simply saying the GM has final say is a good reason to not mention these things in the first place.

If you read the rules I'm trying to keep it at realistic as possible so everyone's input to help get the role-play to that goal is helpful to me. I want us all to get along and understand I'm not trying to police anyone. Just run a fun role-play. <3

Reactions: Xilfer
I never said not to bring it up but it seems that we've already gotten the ball rolling towards what has already happened. I'll bring it back as much as I can but like I said, it's gotta have a little bit of disbelief. If it were completely realistic, I doubt anyone would have escaped ever. But if we're going down the more realistic route we need to figure out how to get out if there's no windows and such. And I doubt there would be a garbage chute leading outside in the room where all the experiments are being held. We need to make something in the back of the room like a vent or an unused door that leads somewhere dangerous or something that the scientists wouldn't think would be a risk. I'll add it into my post when we figure it out but for now I'm just going to say there's a vent.

Vent wouldn't be reasonable because of the cats. My guess is that we all need a plan we can agree on..

True. I'll fix my post once we know how we're actually getting out so I guess ignore the logistics of Kay's rant for now.

Eh after what she's gone though it can only be reasonable that she's trying to escape but not to keen on it. But I do have a plot twist up my sleeve for later down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.