Not open for further replies.
Character Sheet:
Name: Kalia/Kay
Test Subject: #1002
Appearance:
thumb.jpg

Wings:
b%2Bwings.jpg
Her raven DNA gives her wings that are a pure jet black. Although much larger than a normal raven's, her wings are still sleek and angular just like her smaller, pure-bred counterparts.
Bird DNA: Raven
Enhanced Ability: From her raven DNA, she has gotten 87% better eyesight, 73% better reflexes, and 78% more intelligent. She can also move extremely stealthily and silently.
Outer Personality: Being one of the oldest in the experiments, Kay has it tough and she has to seem like that's exactly what she is. She seems to have a mean, bitchy streak but most of the time it's clear that she really cares for everyone and is almost the mother type of the group even if she tries her hardest to keep everyone at arms length. She has a sarcastic attitude and jumps at the opportunity to get her adrenaline pumping, both which leads her into a lot of trouble. The scientists hate her for how she treats them but to the other "angels" she is (mostly) kind and they respect her for it. She is a tough love kind of girl and she doesn't feel bad for that.
Inner Personality: On the inside, Kay is a kind hearted girl who just had her trust and heart broken way too many times. She is fragile and is easily hurt which leads to her lashing out with her words. She falls in love too easily and her heart is enormous no matter how bandaged it may be. She loves all animals and music and though she doesn't let it show, she misses being in medical school and saving people's lives.
Background: She grew up on the streets with her father out of the picture before she could take her first breaths and her mother too doped up on drugs to even notice she was alive. Still, for her childhood, it wasn't bad. She had friends and when she was 7, she met an middle aged woman who took her in for dinners and naps every few days. Soon, she and the woman bonded and she was legally adopted. In school, she aced all of her tests and was soon skipping grades and surpassing where she should be. When she was 17, she was accepted into medical school and was in the top of her class, a record for the state. She worked closely with her mentor who she soon fell in love with. However, when she suddenly became ill, she realized that her mentor wasn't who he really said he was. As soon as she let on that she knew, he took her captive and she's been living in the cage ever since. She's seen many other "angels" come and go and she's lucky to still be there.
Strengths: Intelligence, quick thinking, combat, singing
Weaknesses: Emotions, distrust, dancing
Fear: Fire, being hurt more, trapped

Apologies for taking a while to write my SU. I'll get on it as soon as I can. ^^

Hey everyone! Is this still up for sign ups? I noticed it said open spots 0 so if not then I'll just wish you luck!

Oh, that would work, awesome! Thanks! I'll get that CS up soon!

EDIT: Sorry, I just cannot figure a male character. Thanks for the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew, done. I hope this is good.​

Name: Zen/Ex | Original name: Noah Lyndon
Test Subject: #7529

Appearance:
thumb.jpg

Wings:
sno2.jpg

Bird DNA: Snowy Owl

Enhanced Ability: The DNA of the owl grants Zen the ability to easily see in the dark. Conversely, it also makes him highly sensitive to sunlight, forcing him to wear sunglasses during the daytime. However, this is only his secondary ability. Zen's true strength is his enhanced intelligence. He is able to think extremely quickly, allowing him to learn at an extraordinary pace. His mind is very strategic and logical; he is able to register and consider almost every single possibility before making a decision and react accordingly. His ability to use logic and probabilities allows him to make scarily accurate predictions about what might happen. Though these predictions are rarely exactly right, they are close enough to be acted upon accordingly.

Zen also possesses some enhanced strength, though perhaps less than other subjects. It was not the primary concern during the experiments which he underwent. Zen's last ability is his heightened sense of awareness. He constantly pays attention to his surroundings, and while his senses aren't the best, he will always remain unusually vigilant, especially at night when he can see better than anyone. Some might call it paranoia the way he is always watching everyone, barely even blinking, but for the mind of Zen this is natural.

Outer Personality:
The scientists never were truly successful at completely erasing a person's emotions. However, with Zen they thought they were, for a time. Zen's emotions aren't gone, but they have been dulled to the point of near-oblivion. At least, for Zen himself. As a result, Zen appears to others as literally quite emotionless; he sees no reason to make facial expressions, almost never blinks, and never seems to react to much, including pain. As a result he is very quiet, only ever speaking when he sees it necessary. He cares not for the emotions of others, seeing emotion itself as nothing but a useless burden preventing one from reaching maximum efficiency, which is something he strives for at all times. Most would consider Zen to no longer be human. And he would be inclined to agree.

Inner Personality:
Zen may barely have any emotions left, but he still has two very important things: a sense of self, and willpower. Zen acts emotionless and cold to achieve his maximum efficiency, but in reality he is driven not only by his dulled emotion, but by the memory of emotion. His intelligent mind allows him to remember those feelings more vividly than most, and they are what drive him to move forward and keep living. His willpower is strong, particularly his will to survive. He will do whatever he needs to do so.

Now, that's only Zen. But there does exist another. The scientists, upon completing their experiment, thought that they had well and truly rendered Zen emotionless, or at least emotionally numb. However, what they could not have known was the fact that these emotions were not gone, but rather buried deep within the recesses of Zen's subconscious. In order to render Zen so emotionally dull, all of the emotions he felt were instead transferred to another personality, one Zen had decided to name Ex. Ex was the psychological manifestation of Zen's pain, suffering, and torture as he endured the scientists' tests throughout the years.

Zen holds Ex at bay at all times, but the more Zen sheds away his humanity, the more his alternate persona grows. Ex will often take advantage of Zen's moments of weakness; when he is cornered or on the verge of actually feeling an emotion that is more than a memory, Ex takes the opportunity to take control. What is Ex like? He contains all of Zen's anger, hate, grief, and all of the other things he experienced in his past. However, that doesn't mean he's a maniac. He shares the same mind as Zen, and as such has the same intelligence. He uses this to his advantage in order to play with people; creating negative emotions through mind games and words. He is cruel, sadistic, and will do everything he can to make everyone he can mentally suffer as much as possible.

Background:
Like so many others in the Avian experiments, Zen, once known as Noah, was taken from the place where people would ask the least questions: an orphanage. The white coats came for him when he was around eight years old, choosing him from a list of candidates that the orphanage themselves had offered the scientists, after they were paid enough money to stay in business for years. The white coats went so far as to fake Noah's death, allowing the orphanage to collect the insurance payment.

Noah was selected for a set of experiments which the white coats had only tried on one other subject before, who went insane as a result. In addition to combining Noah with owl DNA and enhancing his strength and awareness, they subjected him to specialized tests in which they performed new brain surgery techniques designed to prevent the mind from sending the electrical signals known as emotions. The scientists were able to tamper with Noah's DNA to the point where he actually managed to survive several brain surgeries, while most others would not be able to. This, along with rigorous specialized conditioning which he underwent every single day, was what resulted in his current emotionally dulled state. Ultimately it also led to the creation and development of the alternate persona known as Ex, unbeknownst to the white coats at the time.

It was during this period that Noah realized he was no longer fit to be called human, let alone by his name. He was a very different person now, and as such deserved another name: Zen. The scientists, thinking they had succeeded in creating an emotionless soldier, began attempting to alter him further by performing more painful and horrible experiments. Zen endured this for several years, naturally causing Ex to grow stronger with each passing day. Finally, the alternate persona broke out in the middle of a test. Using simple words, he managed to provoke one of the scientists into attacking him with a scalpel. The attempt backfired when the scientist accidentally cut through Ex's bonds, freeing him and allowing him to quickly murder everyone in the room.

Ex was eventually contained and caged once again, and soon reverted back to Zen. This was the first time that both the white coats and Zen himself had become aware of Ex. The white coats were not pleased, realizing this unwanted side-effect to their experiments effectively rendered Zen a failure. The only reason they kept him around for the next few years after that was to study his genetics and body type, in an attempt to gather data in order to try creating another emotionless, intelligent being.

Strengths: Logical thinking, planning, night vision, speed, flying.

Weaknesses: Dealing with emotion, powerlessness, sunlight, all senses besides hearing and sight, Ex.

Fear: Though Zen cannot 'fear' to the same extent as other human beings, there is one thing he absolutely wants to prevent no matter what, and that is the complete mental invasion of Ex. In that sense, Ex could be considered his worst fear.​

Reactions: Valentyne
He's a very unique character. That's great. welcome to the project.

Reactions: Xilfer
At some point after the escape itself, probably a day or so later, I might return my other characters.

Maybe... If I feel like it.

And if there's a need for it.

I think this time we should bump up their levels of stealth and have a set game plan for them if they are going to be tracking the angels.

Is this still open?

Well I was going to allow someone else to join but it looks like they won't ne joining. So sure, if you could try to make a male to even it out. If not I'll allow one last female but that's it

Oh no probs! I'm good with making a dude. :D I'll post the cs when i get home

Reactions: Adira
After intense delays I posted.
Surprisingly it would seem I'm the first to do so.

So, I went under the assumption that everyone or almost everyone's cage doors had been left open. Sorry if that was wrong by the way. And yes, Zen is bossy. :P

I went under the opposite assumption because of this:

...a rare and almost life altering mistake had been made.. A cage.. Was left unlocked.

Note the singlar specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.