The Artist and Her Muse

As an idea flashed through her mind, Shay reached back into her bag for her book, flipping it to the sketch she just finished, she gently tore the page free. Putting the book back into her bag, she turned back to Trace and held the page out to him, "Here, I'd like you to have this one." She spoke with a smile on her face as she continued to walk with him, holding onto his hand as they moved down the street. When he handed her his jacket, Shay spoke a thank you as she pulled it on, thankful for the warmth as she stayed next to Trace's side.

He smiled as he placed it in his own satchel, and kept walking, running his fingers on hers lovingly. it was a short time between them but he enjoyed her company, her personality and her character. She was sweet and funny, and just warm to his touch, holding her hand made him smile as Aura bounded around them, trying to get rid of her excess energy. Slowly she died down and started to oant, walking slowly next to Trace's feet as she wanted to go home.
"..Well it's getting Late Shay, I'll walk you home."

She was enjoying the silent walk, the warmth of his jacket and his hand on hers, and the company of him and Aura. She hadn't done something like this in only God knows how long, and she was enjoying every minute of it. He was different than anyone else she had met, and he had inspired more in her than anybody else she had come across. Watching as Aura seemed to be letting out all of her energy, Shay smiled lightly and then turned her attention back to Trace, "Alright, it's just down the block." Motioning towards the direction of her home, Shay started that way.

He followed, letting her hand fall free but stayed right behind her, smiling a bit as Aura was whining
"Easy girl we'll be home soon, just be patient."
She obliged, remaining silent for the trip as Trace and Shay stepped onto her stoop
"..I had a nice time, maybe we can have an official dinner or something soon?"

Looking down at Aura as they walked, Shay smiled lightly as she knew the pup wanted to get home, and knowing that her own home wasn't that far away. As they neared the apartment complex, the woman turned her attention back onto Trace as they stopped in front of her door, "I did, too. And that sounds great." She replied as she looked up at the man, smiling as she realized she was already excited for the next time they would be going out.

He nodded and Aura tried to drag him away, which made him sigh and turn back to Shay
"I'll see you next time Shay, I really enjoyed your company, so I'll see you..oh wait.."
He smiled and gave her his phone number
"Keep in touch hon."
And with that he started home, Aura yawning as they walked and when they reached home, she beelined to her little pillow on the floor, curling up and falling directly to sleep. And as Trace sat on the couch, he pulled out the picture Shay drew for him, blushing more and more at the superb detail she put into his body.