The Animal in Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie Nightingale
"Well when you put it like that, I feel awful. And a sapphire red, the paint is in the shed out back." Cassie said and moved closer to Dakota. "Thanks, love." She said just before kissing his cheek.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"Sapphire red?" asked Dakota. "Sapphires are blue."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie laughed for a moment. "I totally meant scarlet red, just make sure not to grab the sapphire paint color, it was my grandfather's favorite color and, grams, absolutely despises it." Cassie smiled.

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Dakota laughed along with her. "Alright, just a moment of confusion," he clarified. "Scarlet red. Got it. Alright, boys," he said to Jesse, Quentin and Liam. "Come on, we'd better get this paint job done."

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie finished eating her pop tart and made her way outside into the snow. Many of the girls were there waiting, except for one, Justine.

Where are you?

Just talking with Alec before we leave, you didn't tell me you had an episode last night.

Didn't find the need to, now come on. We need to hunt.

Coming.

Cassie looked around, transformed and waited for Justine to come. When she arrived the females were ready to go.

~~~

Alec looked into the office. "It's gonna be weird seeing this red instead of blue. It was always blue." Alec thought back to the first time he came to this house. He was an outcast, and Grandfather took him in as a new wolf. "Sorry guys, but I am not going to be able to help with the painting. Though I'll be in the room dealing with some of Cassie's legal work."

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
"It's fine, Alec," said Dakota. "Alright, we'll need to get all the furniture out before we start painting. Luka, is there somewhere we can put it until then?"

Cassie Nightingale
Luka looked at Dakota. "Uh, yeah. The old study down the hall. No one uses it anymore so it's clear." Luka began to pick up chairs and take them down the hallway.

(time skip to when they start painting)
DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
With the room empty of furniture, the floor covered in old, ratty sheets and everyone wearing old, dirty clothes, the boys began painting. "Now, guys, I warn you, I'm kind of artistically retarded, so if this is bad you can blame my left-handed brained genetics," said Dakota, dipping his paintbrush into his bucket of paint.​

Cassie Nightingale
Cassie ran through the forest, faster than any human or animal could run, she was hunting a deer. Catching up to her prey, she leaped on to it, she dug her teeth into it's neck. That was one, they needed at least three with the conjoined packs.

~~
Luka looked over to Dakota. "You wanna see something crazy and great." With Dakota's approval he walked him over to a wall in the hallway. "Let me just move this bookcase." Luka said, as he heaved the shelf out of there way. "There, a moral." The moral was one of three wolves, each a gray wolf, each a member of the Nightingale family. One in the back is Cassie's grandmother, middle her father and first her grandfather. "Your new boo thing made that a few years back, that's how her grandfather and grandmother knew she would be the next Alpha in our clan. She had no memory of our kind and yet she could paint this picture of Micheal, her father's, first hunt. But that's not why she painted it, as a little girl she liked to color on walls, in permanent marker...a lot....and only on that part of the wall." Luka laughed. "Anyways, the markings that are under neath that, you could never do anything as bad as those."

DAKOTA MASON SAWYER
Cali tracked another deer. She had never been the best hunter -- Cali was a fighter; Dakota and Liam were their hunters -- but with the help of Yvonne and Isle, they brought down the large doe with ease.

~

"Really?" asked Dakota. "They knew her destiny from when she was little?" He eyed the mural. "Are we supposed to paint over it?"

Cassie Nightingale
Luka laughed a little. "Yeah, I guess you can say that. Some of the elders of the pack call her spirit wolf, cause she is a white wolf though just the sound of her voice can cause her pack to shift back unwillingly. We are having a celebration later this week to celebrate her being a spirit wolf. Everyone's gonna be there...maybe you guys should check it out." Luka smiled.

~~~
Justine had done much to make sure they weren't hunted themselves, especially since many poachers out hunting wolves. Cassie had brought in a Buck, and the Cali brought in a large doe. Looking around, Justine noted them to be about twenty miles away from the house. One more deer and they could drag them back to the house.

Within a twenty minute period, Isle took down a doe with the help of one of the other wolfs from Dakota's pack. They were all set and ready to leave. Justine thanked god, the air surrounding her was chilly and the temp was dropping again as night fell.

~~~
Luka stepped back from the wall. The painting was finished, and everyone seemed to survive except for the total destruction of their clothing being covered in pant. "Well this looks...great." Luka sighed. "Hey, the girls should be back by now."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.