Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adira

Original poster
The Avian Experiment
How far will you go for your Freedom?
845149tumblrn0sufarvA41tsu8dmo2500.gif

Once Upon a Time.. You had a family, a sister, a brother, a warm and safe bed, a life. But, Life is a cruel sick joke, a lesson you were just about to find out. The night it happened was like a scene from a horror movie, the sharp shooting pain of a needle filling your body. the choking sensation that you felt with every painstaking breath you tried to take, the silent screams that desperately tried escape your trembling lips, the screaming of your parents, the sudden ending to your life, that had just begun.

Soon you were taken to a hidden location and forced into cages in a laboratory in Southern California. A company that made modern technology.. S.T.A.R.R. You heard hushed whispered about what would happen to you. "Angel.." "Wings.." "Birds DNA" "test subject.." "War.." When you are sedated and pulled from the cage you have no idea what is about to happen to you. The nightmare you are about to enter is nothing to what you are in for when you awake.. if you ever wake up. When you do awake you are surrounded by scientists, gawking at you. Amazed by you. You wonder why.. Until you see your reflection in the cold hard metal ceiling. You have wings. Huge, bird like wings. You must be dead.. You look like an angel.. This isn't happening.. The tears threaten to overspill from your eyes, emotions are something you forget even exist, what was this feeling now.. You wished you were dead, but life isn't that kind to you and once again, you are shoved into a cage, forcing your majestic wings to curl onto your back. But this time, you're not alone. You're in a room, with other angels. They wear the same scared expressions, anger, confusion, desperation, they all want the same thing.. something life has never allowed them the grace of having. Freedom.

What you are unaware of, is the very reason you are here at S.T.A.R.R. The secrets that are whispered in hushed tones all around you, the raging wars, the nuclear destruction, a new age of super powered warriors. The Avian Experiment. "Ushering in a new age of genetically altered super humans who re designed to be insterdustiable, flight adjustable, mentally and physically enhanced, and most importantly.. emotionless. They had tried to break you, to bend you to their will, to make you a weapon of mass destruction. Oh, and they had succeeded, beyond their wildest dreams, but they underestimated one important factor.. The will for survival. You were physically strong, mentally intelligent beyond your years, Unstoppable, and.. felt real, human emotions. Now with the looming date of one last time to subject you to more radioactive tests and war training, a rare and almost life altering mistake had been made.. A cage.. Was left unlocked.

Will you stay.. or Fly?

tumblr_static_bird.gif

The Flock (0 Spots)
Scarlet Louis~Adira
Noah Lyndon~xilfer
Ryder Hopewell ~abalint
Seraphina Amsel~Vansalon
Zeke Shadeson~ Zadok Shadows
Bonum Vita ~ Incandascent
Kalia~Kaatyy
Mia~Nocturnia​

Character Sheet:
Name:
Test Subject:# (4 digit number)
Appearance: (Human Picture Preferred)
Wings: (Picture or Description)
Bird DNA:
Enhanced Ability: (Realistic, NO MAGIC)
Outer Personality:
Inner Personality:
Background:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fear:

The Rules
  1. Absolutely No God-moding will be allowed
  2. Please post a minimum of 6 sentences. If you are having writers block or any other issue please contact me and try to post at least 3 sentences
  3. Fighting and Killing are allowed as long as it is discussed by both parties before the violence occurs
  4. PLEASE keep it realistic.
  5. No Texting lingo please (ex: Thx, brb, etc)
  6. Please use good grammar
  7. Have Fun.

How Far will you go for Freedom?

moving-wings.gif

*Based on the Maximum Ride Series Written by James Patterson*
*This Role-play is a re-boot All original characters may have a spot*

Last edited by a moderator:
I shall reserve a spot please. Looks interesting. I haven't read Maximum Ride, but I always liked the concept. :3

I'd be happy to join your group. I love the maximum ride series~

Reactions: Adira
Name: Scarlet Louis
Test Subject:#3423
Appearance:
giphy.gif

Wings:
wings.jpg

Bird DNA: Hawk
Enhanced Ability: Since the expirement she dropped almost 50 pounds in bone mass alone, her sense of flight or fight went up about 60% and her brain size increased by around 45%. Her tracking senses are improved by 78%.
Outer Personality: Harsh, Bossy, Scared, On-Edge, Sassy, Sarcastic, Fierce, Fiery, Stubborn.
Inner Personality: Bubbly, Sweet, Kind, Funny.
Background: Scarlet doesn't remember much of her background. What she does remember come in small pieces. She was only 8 when she taken from her family in Atlanta, GA. She was taken by a scientist named Judy, Judy had assured her that she was going to safe place that would make her wilder dreams come true. But her life in the sunny state was turned cold and hard by metal bars. Her only family now is her angel family, a bunch of ragtag kids with wings. She's been tested briefly on flight but it is far from perfect. She developed her nickname "Scar" From the scar on her hip from her angel surgery.
Strengths: Flying, Tracking, Speed, Agility.
Weaknesses: Boys, Other humans, acting "normal".
Fear: Water, Tight-spaces, Thunder and Lightening.

I'm interested, going to go ahead and reserve, although I don't know anything about maximum ride.

I'm just a sucker for anything angel-related to be honest.

I'll edit in a profile in a bit.

EDIT: Actually, profile is a couple posts down.

Reactions: Adira
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Ryder Hopewell[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Test Subject:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]#5264[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]about 17[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
images
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wings:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
Carrion-Crow_TE.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Bird DNA: Crow[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Enhanced Ability:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] His eyesight has been enhanced so he can see miles away and never forgets a face. Physically, he's much stronger than he was, but also a lot leaner. He also has a keen sense of hearing now and can pick out sounds from far distances and isolate individual conversations in a crowd.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Outer Personality: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He's rather talkative and happy on the outside. It's his way of dealing with the experiments. He smiles a lot and doesn't freak out ever.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Inner Personality:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Inside he's a broken soul, trying to figure things out. He hates showing what's inside and rather keep it to himself. When he's alone, he'll often allow his thoughts to flood his mind and he'll tune out of conversations.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Background: Ryder doesn't remember anything before the scientists experimented on him. He remembers the faces of each scientist he encountered, but never got names to put with the faces. Although it's a long shot, Ryder thinks he played an instrument in the past because he has a natural affinity to music.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Strengths: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Flying, memorization[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weaknesses: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]serious situations[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], singing, relying on others[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fear: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]His biggest fear is being trapped, but he's also scared of fully trusting anyone and complete darkness[/BCOLOR]

Character Sheet:
Name: Zeke Shadeson
Test Subject:# 5309
Appearance:
christopher_mintz_plasse-12166.jpg

Wings:
images

Bird DNA: Falcon
Enhanced Ability: He possesses extraordinary eyesight. Enhanced strength and speed. He can slow down time in his hear with his enhanced perception.
Outer Personality: he is very shy and antisocial. He often feels like nobody cares about him and that he won't amount to anything.
Inner Personality: he is brave and shows courge in the face of danger. He is scared, but he knows that fear is a super power. Because fear is in the heart of heroes and cowards a like.
Background: He doesn't recall much of his old life. He often dreams of having a different life. He is often shy around his new family. He always tries to be brave, but he always feels afraid when danger is around. Though he would die to protect his friends.
Strengths: flying. Advanced intelligence. His fight mode.
Weaknesses: distrust of others. His fear. His commitment to his friends saftey.
Fear: He is often afriad of dangerous situations. And the fear of losing his friends

Reactions: abalint
Name: Bonum (Boh-nuh-m) Vita (Vai-tah)
Test Subject: #0001
Appearance:
tumblr_n115vvfFgf1suvfalo1_500.gif

Wings: White Wings
Bird DNA: White Hawk
Enhanced Ability(ies):
• Enhanced Strength; Bonum is able to carry things ten times her weight.
• Enhanced Hearing; She can hear things from a mile away.
• Enhanced Reflexes; Bonum is able to dodge or catch an attack three seconds faster.
Outer Personality: Quiet, shy, dark, gloomy, and usually found making people depressed.
Inner Personality: Mostly what she is on the outside but she isn't depressed all the time. She sometimes think about hope and freedom. Bonum can be quite rebellious.
Background: Bonum has no background. Once she was born she was quickly taken away by the white coats. Her mother and father lives in Detroit where they volunteered to give away their child. The minute Bonum was born her mother decided to change her mind but she was too late. She has never once seen sunlight unless it was on a screen, never felt lush grass, nor have she seen nature. All she has seen was shots, scalpels, and blood.
Strengths: Flying, dodging attacks, and being able to adapt to a new environment quickly.
Weaknesses: White coats, cooking, dancing, singing, and making friends.
Fear: Enclosed spaces, white coats, needles, mutated humans.​

Hello...
I believe I used to participate in this.

@Nocturnia You did indeed, I re-booted it with a more defined plot so it could last longer. My intent was to keep this one going and then add the other group, if people were still interested.

I think the problem with the last one was that people jus kept losing interest. There was no defined plot after the escape so it made it more confusing.

Also @Zadok shadows and @Incandescent Accepted.

Character Sheet:
Name: Zeke Shadeson
Test Subject:# 5309
Appearance:
christopher_mintz_plasse-12166.jpg

Wings:
images

Bird DNA: Falcon
Enhanced Ability: He possesses extraordinary eyesight. Enhanced strength and speed. He can slow down time in his hear with his enhanced perception.
Outer Personality: he is very shy and antisocial. He often feels like nobody cares about him and that he won't amount to anything.
Inner Personality: he is brave and shows courge in the face of danger. He is scared, but he knows that fear is a super power. Because fear is in the heart of heroes and cowards a like.
Background: He doesn't recall much of his old life. He often dreams of having a different life. He is often shy around his new family. He always tries to be brave, but he always feels afraid when danger is around. Though he would die to protect his friends.
Strengths: flying. Advanced intelligence. His fight mode.
Weaknesses: distrust of others. His fear. His commitment to his friends saftey.
Fear: He is often afriad of dangerous situations. And the fear of losing his friends
I'd like to ask if Ryder and Zeke could be friends prior to the escape. Since their numbers are close together [relatively] I think it'd be logical. Also I think their personalities would mesh interestingly: Zeke being shy while Ryder is more outspoken.

Name: Seraphina Amsel
Test Subject:#7777
Appearance: Seraphina has fair skin, turned a snowy pale by the lack of sunlight in her captivity. Her hair is long, black, and tangled, hanging about her face in tufts and wisps. Her gray eyes are perpetually darting around, taking in everything around her. She has a thin, almost famished frame and perpetually wears a resolute but desperate, nervous expression.
Wings: Seraphina's wings are larger than average, spreading out a ways to either side of her. They are black, but tinged with gray.
Bird DNA: Luscinia Pectoralis Confusa (White-Tailed Rubythroat)
Enhanced Ability: Decreased bone density, extraordinary strength, extreme pain tolerance, faster thought (resulting in heightened reflexes).
Outer Personality: Seraphina is cruel, relentless, desperate, and vengeful. She is driven by hate and rage more than anything else, and is easily angered, often lashing out. She has no sense of morality left in her and is willing to do anything to protect herself. Life is meaningless to her and she thinks nothing of extinguishing it. She is unfazed by blood and gore and pain is irrelevant in her eyes. She can get along with people insofar as they help her to achieve her goals, but isn't exactly trusting or friendly.
Inner Personality: Beneath her resolute exterior, Seraphina is emotionally frail, mentally scarred by her past experiences. While she's still willing to do anything to survive, she isn't actually as cold as she at first appears, and worries that perhaps she's losing what little humanity she has left.
Background: Seraphina was taken from an orphanage after she used a kitchen knife to murder a robber. She had caught the man in the kitchen in the middle of the night, and he had panicked and turned a knife on her. She had grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed him in the stomach, but he had nicked her arm. She fled as he bled out, wrapping her arm and cleaning the blood off of her. The body was found that morning, and she was identified as the killer via analysis of the blood splattered across the floor. Instead of cause a publicity stunt, a higher up in the orphanage who had background in the company "donated" her to the experiment, erasing all traces that she had ever existed.
Strengths: Combat, Flight, Problem solving, Endurance.
Weaknesses: Diplomacy, Long term planning, Interacting with other people.
Fear: Seraphina is terrified of dying. Not much else truly scares her, but death is the ultimate enemy.

I would have liked to make this a lot longer, but I'm really not very good at writing in detail for modern settings, so this will have to be alright.

So I suppose I can't simply reuse my old character?

If I'm allowed, I know I'm a bit late to the show, but I'd love to take my old char back out to play! Maybe some tweaks.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Sure. I'll allow all old characters to be brought back.

(Subject to change)

Name: Test Subject #0998
Nickname: Mia
Looks:
Konachan.com%20-%20185068%20sample.jpg

Wings: Wandering Albatross DNA, massive wings which are mixed black-white on the outside and pure white on the inside, except for the very tip which is completely black. Incredibly useless and heavy when not flying. Wing span is somewhere over 10 meters, needless to say she can't even extend them inside closed spaces. Still scientific predictions that she would be able to fly great distances with them almost effortlessly.
Enhanced Ability: Slightly reduced bone density, otherwise no changes. Unknown to scientists she acquired genetic memory, but failed to show it.

Outer Personality: On the outside Mia appears disinterested and silent, rarely talking to anyone about anything, she is completely compliant with the scientists and doesn't even bother rebelling.

Inner Personality:Mia used to be a kind and gentle person, however years of imprisonment in the research facility caused her to become mostly pessimistic and apathetic to other people, the institute is pretty much all she knows now, and as such she doesn't even imagine escaping.

Bio: Mia was acquired by the institute very early in the project, she was merely six years old. Her life until then was actually quite decent, she was in a small provincial orphanage with only 15-20 other children, besides the occasional quarrel she had little trouble. This all changed when she was picked up for the project, the owner of the small orphanage didn't really ask too many questions when several thousand dollars were placed in his hand after all.
Once she got to the laboratory several other tests were conducted on her first, she doesn't know what they were to this date, but two or three years later they moved onto the next project, as a result of this project she sprouted large wings on her lower back, however when the scientists tested her physical capabilities they were disappointed to notice almost no change. She could hear that they blame the previous experiments for this, but in the end she never found out. She spent her next ten years literally sitting cooped up in a cage, listening to the slowly increasing number of other people. She was always there and as such most people didn't even notice her presence.
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:

Status
Not open for further replies.