The Angel and the Demon

He looked down at her feet, copying her movements as well as he could. As Derryn felt her pull his hands onto her hips, he reddened a little. It was obvious that he wasn't used to such contact with anyone. Oddly, she wasn't as cold as he'd expected. Then again, it could just be that he was warming her up with his hands.

"How often... Do you do this?" he asked, trying to make casual conversation. "Jake and his brother don't go out a lot, but when they do, they only go out on Saturdays."

I got tired of first person. :3

-

If the club wasn't so dim, Nylah would be able to see the blush Derryn had. She thought of her answer to his question for a few beats of the song. Finally, she answered. "I come Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturday nights, frequently. There isn't much fun when there isn't dancing involved," she shrugged lightly. She then changed their position, by having her back face him and close the distance between the two. She was now grinding on him. Nylah hoped he wouldn't object, it would--sadly--bruise her ego. Though, she could just command him.

He was finally starting to get the hang of dancing and found himself looking around at the humans again. It was really fun, to be honest. He used to judge them for doing this and for drinking and for... Well, pretty much for everything. Experiencing it though, Derryn could see why they did it.

"Oh good heavens..." he murmured when she turned and started grinding. "What exactly do I do now?" Derryn asked, refusing to look at Nyla. Though, he was ever so tempted to look down.

"Follow my lead," was all Nylah could say. She moved as slow as the song could allow, so Derryn could keep up. The two of them moved fluidly, as if they were one being instead of two beings not meant to collide. Two songs passed, and Nylah couldn't breathe correctly. Either it was too stuffy, or the contact between the two caused her to forget to breathe. "Let's go get another drink, shall we?" She asked with a gleam visible in her eyes. She pulled him along with her, and just as they were close to the bar she noticed a demon coming her way. "Change of plans," she breathed, walking over to the closest exit.

Derryn kept his eyes focused straight ahead, but he continued to follow the demon's movements. He was an angel, but he had to admit that she was very graceful and elegant, even when doing this kind of dance. His breathing slowed and he felt relaxed, but at the same time he felt nervous.

"Alright," he replied simply when she suggested more drinks. As they walked to the bar, he sensed the other demon's presence, even before Nyla said anything. "Hurry," he said quietly, following her to the exit. "In addition to not wanting to fight in front of humans, I don't want any of your demon pals to know you own my soul," Derryn half-growled, wanting to get away from the other demon ASAP.

Nylah knew how uncomfortable and tense Derryn was becoming by the hold of his hand. Once the two of them were outside she finally took a deep breath. She let go of Derryn's hand, not wanting to show him that she--a demon--was shaking. Lucifer had been looking for her for some time now, but she wasn't ready to come back to see him. Nylah had an urge to find herself on Earth. After all, she was killed in the peak of her life time. She licked her lips, chest heaving dramatically as she took heavy breaths. "Let's go somewhere else, you pick," she breathed. Then, began walking toward the mouth of the alleyway, and back to the sidewalk.

He followed along, heaving a sigh of relief once they were out. Listening to her, he smiled a little. "Me? If it were up to me, I'd go to a church and talk with my father," Derryn said, laughing a little. "Considering circumstances though, how about we go to some other fun place?" he suggested.

"I liked it here, it was fun," Derryn admitted, "But I'd like to drink some more."

Hearing all that Derryn did was pray caused Nylah to burst into a fit of giggles. The city life engulfed the two as they walked down the side-walk. "You pray? Oh honey, you need to get out more," was her response. "Drink more, you say?" And with that, she took his hand into hers again and began to walk off to the nearest pool bar. She barged in, being welcomed by many men and a few girls. "You're back!" The bartender called out with a warm smile, his scruffy beard giving him a tough look.

"Yes, yes," Derryn said, walking along with her. "One time, Jake gave me something called Tequila Rose, do they have that in bars? And Shirley Temples, they're nice, but I don't understand why anyone would drink something named after a child star," he chattered on and on. Once Derryn was started on a certain thing, he got to rambling.

Once inside the bar, he looked at all the people who had greeted Nyla. He could sense that none of them were demons, which made him smile.

"You have human friends too," he said.

(Do ya' mind writing a bit more?) (:
-
His rambling was something she can get used to. Would she ever admit that? Probably not. "They have plenty of Tequila Rose. Don't drink Shirley Temples, they're girly drinks," she teased him quietly. Nylah strolled over to the bar, with an eased smile on her lips. "Yeah, I am. Though I think your humans are different than mine," Nylah explained to Derryn. The bartender--Wis--has a scruffy beard, the color of a raven and surprisingly tight muscles for a man of fourty-six. He owned the bar, and took much pride in its success. Nylah became friends with him a few months back. She was merely walking around, bored and the dire need to get hammered. And that's how she ended up here.

"Mind getting us Tequila Rose for me and my...friend?" Nylah asked Wis. He nodded, working up on the orders.

((Yeah sure ^^ Sorry, right now it might be a short one because I'm in class, but I'll write as much as I can ^^)

He thought about Jake and Riley then, sitting absent-mindedly next to her. They were different from the people in this bar. For the most part, Jake preferred staying home and watching horror movies while Riley liked staying home and playing video games. They were very withdrawn, even from the time they were children. Derryn had always liked watching humans, they were all interesting. He took a liking to the boys though, the way they watched over eachother, how they could trust one another when everyone else failed them. Their mother, their father, even their aunt. That was besides the point though.

He smiled a little when he realized that had accepted him in the way that they accepted eachother. "I like my friends," he said suddenly. "They may be naïve and dumb, and completely clueless, but they try." Derryn smiled at Nyla then, a challenging, daring smile. "They're under my protection," he told her.

Derryn laughed a little, taking the drink when it was brought over. "Are there any other things labeled as 'girly' that I shouldn't do when I'm with you?" he asked. His smile was genuine and he was looking at her in the way he'd look at anyone else, not with the 'you're a demon' look he'd given her for most of the night. (Not that it was a dirty look, it was just a look he used on beings of other species).

It was obvious Derryn cared for his human friends. It was nice to see an Angel going out of their way to be friends with people from down here. Most Angels kept things strictly business. A few times here and there angels fell, because of the seven sins, but that was entirely different. When I first made this deal with Derryn, I didn't know how it would work out. It seemed devious enough to do. But, he was actually fun to have around. As I let the tip of my index rim around the now empty shot glass, I let my eyes fall on Derryn's. "I see you really care for them...that's nice," I murmured truthfully.

His next comment made my lips turn into a smirk. I slid off the bar stool, and headed over to a naked pool table. My index finger curled to beckon Derryn my way. "Not sure, but I'll let you know when I think of some other things. Just remember, no shirley temples. Most guys like beer, tequila, patron, cognac, ectera," I shrugged lightly as I grabbed pool sticks. "Wanna' play?"

He watched her walk off to the pool table, letting his eyes follow her movements for a second. Quickly though, he let his eyes go back to her face with the same expression from before, though much softer now. "Alright, no more Shirley Temples," he repeated, smiling a little. He kept the acceptable beverages in mind, should he feel thirsty later and need to order something by himself.

Derryn got up and went to the pool table where she was standing. At first, he circled around it, examining the holes and the balls. Finally, he grabbed another stick and looked at Nyla, nodding. "I would like to play," Derryn told her, "I've played this game before, so don't worry about having to explain things." He laughed a little and motioned for her to get things started.

The two of us began playing pool, and eventually time passed quickly. We played two games of pool, and conversing for a bit. By the end of the night, we laughed and--surprisingly enough--got along. From time to time, I would have to remind myself our position and how the two of us came to be. His friend made a deal, but Derryn took his place. Now, I owned him. He was taking it pretty great, which was strange.

I placed my stick back on its holder, and looked at the time. It was one o' seven in the morning. Wis usually closes the bar around two, but keeps it open for another half hour for people he knows well. "Ready to head back home?" I asked him. Deep down, I wished that the night hadn't gone to waste. I wanted to spend more time with him, but I just couldn't place a finger on why. I am a demon, and he is an angel. The two of us are not supposed to mix. However, my heart saw past that.

Derryn was really enjoying himself, surprisingly. He never was a social guy, though he did partake in "angel sports" back when he remained in heaven. Recently though, he'd remained only with Jake and Riley, following them about. This was really fun though, he'd have to admit. Nyla had a very good personality and they were having great conversations. Derryn decided it wouldn't be so bad, being owned by her.

When she asked him if he wanted to head out, he almost said no. Derryn looked at her thoughtfully, then nodded. "Alright, what will we do now though?" he asked. "Or will we be calling it quits for the time being?" He was hoping she had some other activity for him, but it was early morning and he doubted humans had anything open for business. Even the bar seemed ready to close, the earlier patrons having thinned out.

"Well, I don't know. I'm not tired of you yet..." I trailed off, teasing him with my words as I leaned against the pool table, crossing my across my chest. "We can go back to my place, and drink some more. Watch a movie or something," I began to name things and place them on the tips of my fingers. "I don't really feel like going back to the club, since the others are there," I added with a slight shrug.

"You tell me." I gave him the option this time.

Now, Derryn's expression darkened a little. He didn't want to stop hanging out with her, but he was nervous about going to her house. It could be fun, but he'd feel less trusting of her. They'd be in her domain then, he could be walking right into a trap. She could have holy oil or Enochian symbols. If he wasn't careful, he could end up being tortured for information.

"I... Suppose," he replied after a bit. "Though, I will warn you, I do have ways of defending myself. Should I disappear, angels will come looking for me, and they won't care that I made a deal with you." Derryn felt honestly bad about telling her this, and his eye showed it, but he had to keep in mind that they were on opposing sides of a war. He hoped she wouldn't be mad at him for his suspicions, but then... Why did he care if she was mad at him or not?

Derryn's entire demeanor changed after I suggested going to my apartment. Guilt washed over me, and his empty threats only angered me. "If I really wanted to do something to you I would waited this long. Got it? Though there is a war, it doesn't mean I'm part of it. There's a reason I'm here standing with you, and not torturing in some dark, underground lair," I huffed at him annoyingly. After I got that out of the way, I exhaled heavily and began walking off toward the exit.

I turned to look over my shoulder and looked at Derryn. "Are you coming or what?" I asked, my voice cut with annoyance. I opened the door and walked off, stalking off into the direction of my house. I wouldn't hurt him, I may have been deemed as a demon, it didn't mean I truly was demonic or evil. I didn't recall my past life, though I wish I did so I knew why I was a demon.

He could tell she was pissed, which made him feel even worse. She sounded a lot like him, what with not wanting to be part of the war. He shrugged though, deciding it was better to be safe than sorry. Derryn let his arms fall to the side as he walked after her, feeling awkward.

What could he possibly say now? He could apologize... It would be something he was used to, he assumed, since he must have apologized many times to god to have become an angel. She might see it as being pathetic though, or she might not accept it. Derryn would let her cool off first, before apologizing. For now, he'd be quiet and follow her orders, no matter what.

((Sorry for the late/short post ^^;; ))

[No worries]
-
In a short amount of time, we made it to my apartment building. I walked into the building, stalking off to my apartment door. I kept it unlocked, knowing damn well that no one would steal from me or break in. I felt the aura of Derryn close behind, and left the door wide open for him to come in. Once inside I kicked off my shoes and placed my hair into a high ponytail, and shuffled over to my kitchen.

"Want anything to drink or eat?" I asked, my voice holding no emotion whatsoever.