The Angel and the Demon

Derryn walked along behind her, quietly. He could feel the tension as they walked, knowing he probably fucked things up. It had been such a nice night... Why did he have to go and make her mad? And... Why did he care so much if he had upset her?

As he walked into her apartment, he shut the door behind him. He wondered whether or not he should lock it... Seeing as she kept it unlocked, Derryn shrugged and stepped in further. He looked around, crossing his arms as he looked at all of the things in Nyla's apartment.

"Hm? No, I'm fine," he replied, biting his lip a little.

I'm. Sorry, I know I have to reply. I've been slacking.

Derryn was now awfully quiet as he inspected everything in my studio apartment. It was shabby, nothing too over the top. Even my couch was boring. It was black, and was soon to form an imprint of my body. I never make it to my bedroom, I actually forget what it looks like. I licked my lips, walking over toward him with a bite to my lower lip. "Look..." I trailed off, raking my hair nervously as the apology began to erupt within me.

I was never one to apologize to anyone. I'm a Demon, why would I ever apologize for something ruthless I was known for doing? "I'm sorry," I choked out, looking down at the floor, seeing how I crossed and uncrossed my toes nervously.

Derryn liked the place. Though he'd have to admit that he was much more comfortable in Jake's apartment, though it wasn't nearly as neat as Nyla's. His apartment was decked out with posters, and had clothes strewn everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

When she walked over to him, he looked down at her, listening quietly. He sure as hell didn't expect an apology though, so an eyebrow lifted reflexively. "What?" he murmured, not sure if he'd heard quite right. "What are you sorry about?" Derryn said, sighing a little. "I was the one who was rude earlier."