The Alphas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The area was beginning to be flooded with people and Sage did not enjoy interacting with anyone of them outside work. His purpose of getting a light supper seems to have diverted into something more. All he'd wanted was a simple training and he'd be ready to retire for the night. With most if not all the members wanting a slice of the action, things are getting out of hand quickly.

'Mind your language, C.T.' He said calmly though it's clear that he's offended. Being highly confident in himself, he's pissed that he was belittled. Indeed he may not be the most experienced in the battlefield but he had been training for all his life. 'I would gladly take you on if that's your wish, let's make it a four-way battle shall we?'

Aragon watched as more and more people joined in on the action. Hmm... This might be more interesting than he thought. "Alright, for everyone who will be joining in the battle; we will not be using weapons seeing as some of us are much more amped than others." He shot a glance at the over excited circuit. "Four way battle, last man...or woman standing wins. Sage has yet to announce the grand prize." Aragon smirked but it was hidden behind his mask. This was going to be intense, even without weapons.

'A battle without weapons? That's not your wisest decision, Aragon.' Sage replied calmly as he studied his comrade carefully. He should be well-aware that he fights without weapons but could stand on his own ground against those that does.

'As for the reward...' Sage considered for a moment or two, before he sets his mind up. 'The winner is spared from any cleaning duties for the next month.'

As part of their responsibilities, all of the members are required to clean after themselves and that includes the jet. Honestly, Sage decided that cleaning is a waste of time and he'd rather used it for training instead. Now if he wins the bet...

Aragon knew he wasn't as skilled without weapons, but he was still skilled enough to handle himself. He was quick and adapted to his opponent quickly; he believed he'd be able to held out until at least the final two. "I can take you without a sword" Aragon said sharply giving a cocky grin under his mask. "I guess we'll find out soon enough. No cleaning for a month, seems good enough. Shall we head down to the training level, the anticipation is killing me."

'We shall see about that.' Sage replied calmly, not allowing the anticipation from affecting him. Being able remain levelheaded is critical in his life, after all he's responsible for many lives in his hand.

'Why don't you ask if they agree to the terms? After all this is a gentleman promise and I wouldn't wish for you to back out from the punishment after I won, would I?'

"No cleaning? Yes! I could spend more of my time cracking codes! Yeah lets go to the training floor. Like now. Hey wait, are we using our armour?" she asked bouncing on the balls of her feet. She was really excited to fight the boys. She never ever got any action.

"I'm all in" he said to Sage showing that he was in to win. He then turned to Circuit. "No armor, no weapon. We fight until someone yells "stop", taps out, is knocked out, or just can't fight anymore. The last one left in wins. Does anyone disagree to any terms?" He asked looking around at the others.

Circuit shook her head, "I'm down. Just like you guys will be at the end of this." she said in a sing-song voice leaving the kitchen and going down the stairs to the training floor. She was cracking her knuckles and stretching. "C'mon guys I don't have all night!" she yelled bouncing back and forth of her feet.

Aragon adjusted his mask as he mad his way down to the training level. He focused himself and waited for Sage to join them. In his mind, they were both hostiles in his mind and he would fight accordingly. No friendly competition, simply eliminating targets. He was ready for action

James followed, wanting to see Circuit fight. He couldn't help it, of course, liking the female side of humanity, since they usually looked, acted, and were usually morally better than the male side. After all, men are monsters. He didn't really hold it against anyone, just as how he didn't hold it against himself as he fired a thermobaric high-explosive missile into an apartment building to take out a couple high-value targets.

So he followed. He wanted Circuit to win; arrogance and confidence is good, overconfidence killed the cat.

Sage was not in a hurry to join the rest of his comrades because he noticed that C.T had yet to respond to his challenge. It would be rude to walk away from her without a proper acknowledgement. 'Go ahead.' He said to the rest of the team, 'I shall catch up shortly.'

When he was left with C.T, Sage turned his attention to the woman who had dismissed him rudely. Indeed, he had never had the opportunity to train with her and he's not ready to give up on that just yet.

'Would you care to join us? A four-way battle till the last man or woman standing,' He restated, ' And the winner is excused from cleaning duties this month. What do you think about that?'

C.T. shook her head, "No thanks Sage. I'm just gonna go cheer for Circuit. Thanks for the offer though." She smiled and left the kitchen, down the stairs to join James in the viewing room. She really hoped Circuit won, or at least wasn't the first one taken out. She sat herself into one of the chairs, propping her armoured feet onto the table. C.T. loved to wear her armour, it was rare to see her out of it.

As much as Sage was disappointed to not have the four-way battle, he was not one who would force his ideals on others. He nodded in acknowledgement and allowed the lady to move ahead of him. He sighed under his breath when he realized that he had yet to get anything for supper. This could probably affect him a little but not too much, hopefully.

Aragon and Circuit were there waiting for his arrival and he adjusted his mask before he stepped into the training space. 'Shall we make it a little more challenging?' He asked, 'Some stimulated situation perhaps?'

Enzyme grinned and exclaimed her "thanks!" to Scythe before heading back to her lab. After a few minutes of deep thought, she had still failed to give her yogurt weapon a nice name. "A walk would help me think." She said to herself as she got up and headed back to the kitchen only to find everyone leaving it in favor of the viewing room. She gave a shrug and followed everyone else, not really knowing what was going on.

Last edited:
"A little more challenging? What situation are you going for Sage?" Circuit asked her eyes narrowing. She didn't want to be put at disadvantage because of certain surrounds, and she also didn't want her opponents to gain an advantage.

'How about a maze?' Sage proposes, a maze would allow him to stalk his target and spring surprises upon them. Needless to say, that could be done on him as well. It would train his senses and keep him on his toes too.

'The maze would be advantageous and disadvantageous for each of us at the same time. This would be fair to all of us, do you not agree?'

"Whatever we're doing, can we please get on with it. I wanted to train, not redecorate." Said Ace as he began to grow a bit impatient.

Circuit rolled her eyes. "Calm down Ace." She spun around, "Computer! Run program Alpha Maze 1."

"Right away agent Circuit." A womans computerized voice came back through and pillars and wall shot up from the training floor.

"Thank you Fillis!" Circuit called. There were three entrances to the maze. "So heres how the maze program works. Its on a timer of 15 minutes. After fifteen minutes if a winner has not been declared the maze will fall and it will straight up hand to hand, clear?" She asked Ace and Sage.

Sage observed as the pillars and walls came out. A small smirk spreads on his face at Ace's oblivious impatience. He knew that part of stalking is patience and only fools rush in. He is no fool of course.

'That sounds perfect to me.' Sage's voice was calm though his nerves were on alert mode at this moment in time. He closed his eyes to prepare himself.

'On the count of three, one, two, three.' He declared and the game begins. Now he wondered who he would be fighting against first.

Enzyme rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet as she watched the three opponents enter the maze. She wondered who would win but she was betting on Circuit. Brains tended to beat brawn. Not that Ace and Sage were all brawn, but Enzyme tended to send all her support to the 'nerdier' side. On the subject of high school stereotypes..."We should totally pick teams and cheer them on. Rah, rah, give me a 'G' and all." She joked to Scythe and Mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.