Teen Dress Shop

Rena strolled proudly into the dress shop, Tommy trailing along behind her like a shamed mutt.

"Rena!" he hissed. "This is embarrassing! It's a dress shop, for crying out loud."

Rena felt a bit guilty for doing this to poor Tommy. She'd promised to take him to a movie, as part of thier weekly brother/sister outings. But when she saw this little place, she knew she had to get something for her senior prom. As an added bonus, she had her little brother with her. His eye for fashion was far greater than her girl friends. They simply gushed and giggled over anything that was "cute". They could easily spend all day shopping, and not buy a single item. Tommy shopped like a guy. If he liked something, it was because it was the best. Of course, he couldn't talk fashion like a girl - or a girly-boy, for that matter - but what he couldn't articulate verbally, he acted out visually. The redder he blushed and the more he looked away, the better the outfit looked.

"Oh come on," Rena laughed. "It'll be fun. Besides, if I wanted to come here all day, I'd have gone with Esmeralda and Amber. And I didn't forget about that movie. We'll still go. And if we miss curfew, guess who's the big sister who's supposed to be setting a good example for baby brother?" Rena reached up and ruffled Tommy's hair.

"Stop it, Rena. And don't call me that!"

Rena only giggled. Tommy wasn't much younger than her - just 3 years. He was 15, she was 18. Yet he still looked like a child, with his sweet, boyish face and his short, clean-cut dark brown hair. Yet he stood about 5' 11", and was developing broad shoulders, thanks to being on the junior varsity football team.

Rena herself looked like a full grown woman. At 5' 5" she was still shorter than Tommy with her 3" stiletto heels. She had a sleek, curvaceous body with a taunt, flat stomach and rather large, prominent breasts. Her dark brown - almost black - hair was tied off in a ponytail. She was quite a tease, prefering to float from boy to boy rather than settle on a single boyfriend. Some people mistook Tommy as her boyfriend, until they took a closer look and saw Tommy's obvious youth and the siblings' resemblance - though there were some jerks who started cracking incest jokes.

Looking around the dress shop, Rena began searching for some potential dresses. Tommy stood glowering off to the side, pulling out his phone and trying to distract himself. This could potentially be a long afternoon.

Gods, she knew I didn't want to do it and now shes calling me for the fiftieth time.

The name Leanne was splashed over the screen of his phone as Drake, known to the world as Preston Starr, the teenage heartthrob singer from the middle of nowhere, hod int he mall fro the press event on the other end of town. His agent, also know as his mother had arranged yet another one in yet another town and Drake was sick of it.

I know you're in the mall Drake. Come out before I send security in after you.

"You can try bitch." he scoffed rounding a corner before seeing two men in stage security uniforms at a doughnut stand. "Shit."

He ducked behind a stand up advert for some kind of dress shop and watched their reflections as they turned his way happily stuffing their fat faces. He was trapped the only way to go was...

The bell rang as the door opened and Drake shouldered past the departing Azure, averting his face. This was not the right place to be, the girls in here might recognize him, he needed a plan, a distraction or something to look at that wasn't a dress and still keep his well photographed face away from the store front and the occupants... jeeze if one of these employes offered to help him..

While everyone else seemed hyped up on the Prom season, Jade was not. Its not like she could have gone anyway. Being expelled from school was probably the best thing that happened to her since... puberty.
It cancelled her out from having to listen to all the squeals and.. bitching and moaning some people did.

The thought of everyone getting ready for prom reminded her off school, and when the thought came back to her of the reason why she'd been expelled in the first place, she let out a soft chuckle as she reached out and picked up the papercup with half of her caramel milkshake in it, the straw resting on her lips as she took a quick sip.

"That was one hell of a blaze. Going out with a bang! nice.." she muttered, her grin still plastered on her face.

Her gaze lifted and landed on the store straight ahead of her. She narrowed her gaze into focus and repeated the name of the store to herself.

"Tenacious Dress shop.. hmm.." a light shrug.

Just because she couldnt go, didnt mean she couldnt look. it wouldnt have been for her anyway. Her sister, who was the total opposite to her was fussing about prom.

"I have to get a dress! shoes! jewelry! get my hair done! make up!"- bla bla flippin bla.

Pushing off the seat Jade strolled casually towards the store, sipping at the last of her milkshake before tossing it into the bin before entering the shop. The pushed the doors open easily, brushing her fringe from her face as she quickly scanned over the store.

"i doubt anyone would remember me so i should be good." she thought, hesitating to enter once she saw how many dresses there were. She never really had the patience to shop.. dammit.
This wasnt for her. this was for her sister. She slid her hands into her back tight jean pockets with a soft sigh, strolling towards the section with dark blue dresses.

In the back of her mind she cursed herself. She should have brought her sister along too.

Oh of course that bitch would make all sappy eyes at Darren. Whateves. If she wants to date that low lying filth, she can go right ahead. And ew, that advice to that other girl totally doesn't work for her. She should be in something like brown or black or something that won't like, you know, make her stand out too much. Turn all of the attention to moi. Oh oops... Did that sound a bit too mean? Oh well.

Anyways, I think I may go pay now since that skank obviously isn't gonna buy anything... She just wants to hump that sales associate. But wait a minute... Isn't that -

"OH MY GOD!! It's PRESTON STARR!!"

Yeah I totally left my dress on the floor. I literally haul ass over to him and cling to his arm, making sure he feels my rack. Ooooo Preston Starr... If I could come to Prom with you, I'd totally be the talk of the town. Not that that's not happening. But oh my goodness, you're so adorable I could eat you up.

I give him my googeyly eyes and pucker my lips up and cling to his arm. It's the look I use on the guys. They loves it!

"Um, Mr. Starr, could you, would you, um" - I twirl my hair around my finger, "Wouldyoucometopromwithme?"

((Roxy is about to pay for her dress at the counter, but drops it when she sees Preston Starr. She rushes over and well... Gets hyper and giddy.))

"You're late again, Mr. Saturn. One more strike..." Candace chimed with a sing-song voice. She plucked out one of the coffees (the hazelnut mocha) and took a sip as she dropped down in to her chair behind her desk. The boys were in charge of serving the customers, she had to make sure they had a full stock of clothing and could make any special orders.

The entire shop was rife with teenage hormones and swimming with drama. Candace didn't need to hear the exchange between April and Roxy to know the girls were practically ready to kill each other. It just sort of oozed out of their auras and took precedence over everything else in the place.

Not great when several other customers had walked in, with much quieter personalities.

"There are other customers in need, dears. Try to keep up."

[DASH=#FF6EC7]April was busy shooting eye daggers at Roxy to notice Sam brush her off rather quickly. Just wait til you, like, slip up and screw up and like...oh yeah, I'm totes going to like, ruin you skank. April frowned for a mere second before snapping back to Darren and flashing a smile, "Oh like, don't worry about it, I'll totes just look around and see what-" Her thoughts were cut off by Roxy squealing about that overrated pop-star Preston Starr. April had to admit though, he was handsome and if he went to prom with Roxy she would certainly be more popular than April, but having him as a date and having him perform for the prom are two entirely different things.

One step at a time though! Roxy, in her infinite wisdom had completely ditched her dress she was clinging to like it was some high quality masterpiece. Time for sabotage! April made her way through the racks to the dress that was so carelessly left and grabbed it, carrying it over to the discount rack and hung it next to a dress of a similar color to blend it in as best as she could. April was proud, she honestly thought that she might've caught fire from even touching something so cheap as a discount rack! With a smug smirk she made her way back towards Roxy and Preston and gave a big grin and extended her hand. "Hi Mister Starr, I'm like, a big fan! And I know you're like super busy with my dear friend Roxy here, but like, I would totally love if you would consider playing at our Prom at Elswen Area High School! I'd totes make sure you were like paid well and everything and you'd totes be treated like a king or whatever!" April giggled and tossed her hair, completely ignoring Roxy pressing her boobs up against his arm like a huge skank.
[/dash]

Drake was still half turned, his lips parted with surprise at how quickly he had been discovered and.. asked out when a second girl walked up.

"Prom?" ever since he had began touring he had been home schooled between shows. Ofter going strait from stage to the books. He took a breath looking from Roxy to April. He had come here to escape attention and here he was almost the center of it. "Sure but you'd need to talk to my manager." he said.

There was a slight pause "I'll talk to her."

He needed to get out of here. Going unnoticed didn't seem to go well around here, and a glance at the front told him that the two goons were preparing to enter the shop.

"Tell you two what, if you keep me hidden from them I'll do both. I'll be your date and I'll sing."

A commotion at the front of the store attracted Rena's attention. She looked up from the dress rack, and did a double take. Preston Starr himself was standing like a fool, being assaulted by a pair of younger girls. Tommy saw him too, and made a face, showing emotionally what Rena herself felt inside. Perhaps if she were Tommy's age, Rena would have been overcome with jealousy, and tried to use her ample bust to gain the teen heartthrob's undivided attention. But Rena was 18. When she wasn't listening to Mozart or Beethoven, she was jamming to bands geared towards college students. Preston Starr's music was geared more towards 11 year olds or younger, thier mothers, and those girls who were chronogically teenagers, but were still in thier tweens at heart. Tommy, of course, was more concerned at the fact that two busty teens were worshiping this idol. Preston Starr was all the rage of the freshman girls, much to Tommy's disgust.

Rena then spotted 2 men in CIA outfits trying to enter the store. Preston Starr noticed them too, and was trying to use his fans as a screen. A lot of good that was going to do. The CIA-like agents wouldn't take long to spot him. Of course, Rena could have just stood back and watched the teen idol get dragged off by his agents to whatever appearance he had schedualed next; but something inside her - perhaps the same mechanism that made her so protective of her baby brother - caused her to take pity on the pimply little Disney pop prince-ling. Puffing out her breasts and sucking in her stomach, she hurried over to the agents.

"You wouldn't happen to be mall security, would you?" she asked.

"No, ma'am," they replied, obviously annoyed and impatient.

"Oh, cause there's this kid who dodged in here acting all wierd and suspicious, like there was someone chasing him or something." She described Preston Starr down to a T, with so much detail that the agents quickly become alert and astute. "When I tried to approach him, he took off down that way -" Rena pointed towards a Sears at the far end of the mall. "He got lost in the crowd somewhere, but I'm sure he was making a beeline straight for that Sears." Her skills were honed from years of making excuses for Tommy, so she hoped her lies worked here, with these goons.

The riff-raff at the front of the store didnt phaze Jade, she meerly stole a quick glance over her shoulder from where she'd spotted a suitable dress then back to the dress she now had parted the rest of the other dresses on the rack and stood gazing over it.
She herself wouldnt wear it. But that was easy, if she wouldnt wear it.. her sister surely would. Midnight blue. Short. Cute? Sounded like her sister.

She swiped the dress off the rack and took another quick glance over her shoulder at the two in suits as she strolled to the counter. Something about them unsettled her. maybe it was the fact they looked so... suited up, and from the authorities. She had a problem with them.
She make a discrete scoff and turned her gaze away, ignoring the drama and taking one last look at the dress in her hands before her and she slid the soft layers of fabric over the counter with a soft rustle.

Hopefully it was the right one..

"It'd better be." She thought to herself. Or this had all been a waste of time.

Drew, darling father of twins and divorcee extraordinaire stalled outside of the dress shop with a small smile on his face. It was his darling daughter Eve's last Prom and while he'd gotten the perfect dress last year, he was certain he could do even better this year. He could have flown out to pick it up but no, Drew believed in supporting local businesses. It certainly wasn't because the proprietress wasn't a hottie. Alright. She was a hottie.

And she made Drew feel like a silly teenage boy again.

He walked into the shop, quickly noticing the men in suits. He surpressed a raised brow and smile, wondering which of these kids belonged to them. Ah well, he'd left that life behind many years ago. Another life, indeed. Now he was here looking for the perfect prom dress for his darling daughter. He slipped past the teenagers, they were gushing everywhere. Good heavens, the hormones were terrible and smothering. Luckily for Drew he had two hormonal teenagers of his own and knew how to ignore it, look the other way and pretend to be as oblivious as possible.

There's the ticket.

Lovely Candace.

"Hello again Miss Candace." Drew smiled, touching the corner of the cashier counter where Candace set behind it with her cups of coffee. She might be a little younger than him, but Drew certainly enjoyed the light flirtations while he was dress shopping. "It's that time of the year again, it seems the shop is doing well. New boys?"

Darren barely had time to blink at the idea of being asked out to dinner (sure, she thought he was gay, but it was still the closest thing to a date he'd been offered in ages) when he found himself customer-free once more. April and Roxy seemed to be doing just fine all on their own; he'd get back to them later. But Ms. Candace was here now, and if she caught him slacking, he was going to be in big trouble. On that note, he went to check up on the third girl, who'd taken up residence in the corner of the shop by the door to the fitting rooms. She had out a sketchpad, curiously enough, and Darren couldn't help but want to take a peek at what she was drawing.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" he asked her.

"If I can't live to see you in a wedding dress, love, at least promise me a prom dress."

Those had been Gran's last conscious words as she'd squeezed Bree's hand with gnarled and shaking fingers, her gaunt yellowed face a stark contrast to the starched white bed linens. It was as much an ultimatum as it was a plea. Do this one thing, if you won't give me what I really want.A white wedding wasn't exactly in the cards for Bree Tierney, at least not unless there was some major legislation sometime soon. It would kill her to marry against her wishes; it wouldn't kill her to go to senior prom.

Probably.

She'd still had to spend a good few hours consideration and half a pack of Djarum Blacks, sitting on the hood of her Sunbird in the hospital parking lot and staring at the fountain like it would tell her something. In the end, she was out $3.50 and no more sure of what she was doing than before she'd gotten off of the elevator. She didn't have a dress. She didn't have a date. Elswen High didn't even have a GSA... Where was Bree going to find a girl willing to go to prom with the resident freaky lesbo goth girl? Maybe she could call up her cousin Seamus. He was in college and would normally avoid the type of hormonal orgy that prom exuded, but maybe she could offer to wash his Harley.

First things first, Bree was going to have to do something that went against the nature of every fiber in her being. Bree was going to have to shop. Most of her clothing came from Goodwill, and she briefly considered just picking up something from there... But Gran would know. She would have to do this proper, or else.

That was how Bree found herself standing in front of a store nauseatingly titled the "Tenacious Dress Shop", dressed in black from head to toe and feeling like a kid on the first day of Kindergarten. It was so... bright. Her palms felt a bit clammy, so she stuffed them into her pockets, giving a nod to the suits hovering by the door and attempting to convey a sense of knowing what the fuck she was doing as she perused the first discounted rack in sight. Even the prices on these made her look down at her own secondhand threads numbly.

Mother Mary, Jesus, and Joseph. How did people afford this crap?

Sam looked up sharply, defensively holding her sketchbook as if he would take it from her, but when she realized who it was she relaxed, looking almost sheepish as she yanked her earbuds out of her ears again.

"Well, um, no offense, but your dresses kind of aren't my thing, but I was wondering if you could help me find a couple to modify? And, do you guys sell corsets, or at least corset-top dresses?" she said quietly, not looking him in the eye and reluctantly offering up her sketchbook to show him. "I want to make this..."

Once he took it, she crossed her arms, looking halfway between hugging herself and looking defensive as she stared at her shoes, waiting to see what he said about it.

Her shop was crowded. Over crowded. And considering Candace just heard a couple of the girls squealing about Preston Starr (Oh gods, was he in her shop?!) there could be a crazed teenage mob any minute. It was way too early in the morning to deal with screaming mobs.

A familiar face seemed to perk her right up, though. Drew was not the sort of man she dated or surrounded herself with. He wasn't a wide eyed teenager, an over excited college student, or a hot n' bothered one night stand. Yet for some reason every time she caught him walking by her shop, or stepping in for a chat, she caught herself grinning like one of these adolescent girls and playing the game.

"You know how I wear them out, Drew." Candace responded to his question with a wicked twist of a smile. Rising from her desk, she moved to the counter. Another girl, Jade, was already waiting there with a dress. Probably the only person in the shop that had come in and made up their mind already. Her boys were busy struggling with other customers.

"That's a great color, sweetie. Total is 126.65." she responded to Jade, with the midnight blue dress. Waiting for the girl to pull out payment as she carefully tucked the dress away in a garment bag, Candace turned her grin back at Drew. "It's going to be Eve's last Prom this year, isn't it? I'm not sure you're going to be able to top last year's without spending a pretty penny, Big Papa."

[DASH=#FF6EC7]"Ohmigawds! That's totes awesome! I'm sure Roxy here can totes take care of you, she's really good at taking care of guys like you!" She made sure to point out certain words, just to make a point to not be trifled with. She patted Preston on the shoulder gently, not knowing if he was the type to be offended by the common rabble touching him, of course, April was anything but common.

Turning back towards the shop she scanned to quickly find Darren, she still had to make sure that they were on for dinner later! She quickly moved her way between the racks, an odd amount of grace and ease for such a klutz, making sure her bare skin didn't touch anything that had a price tag below $400. She quickly came upon Darren and that other girl, the punk one, or was she goth, it didn't matter really to April, but what did catch her interest was the drawing that the girl was holding up to him, though she couldn't really see it from the angle she was looking at it from. She decided to just barge in and look, although when she did the picture was torn out of sight. Uh, artists, they're like, totes over sensitive...

Barely having enough time between rolling her eyes and turning to Darren her mouth opened again, "So like, I totes think I need your number so we can go out to dinner and all that, it'll be like, soooooooooooo much fun!" She giggled and rummaged through her purse, moving aside the tazer and brick her father always made her keep on her, she would've had a pistol too if it weren't for those darn laws restricting minors, it wasn't like she was going to go shooting anybody or anything like that! No, that would be crazy.

She found her phone and pulled it out triumphantly! "TA DAAAAA~" She practically shouted. "So, like, yeah, whats them digits bay-beh." She wiggled her eyebrows in a false seductive way, oh today was just too much fun for her! She got a famous star to promise to play at their prom, and she was totes going to help a cute guy find a totally other cute guy in happy gay bliss! If only her own love life was as glamorous!
[/dash]

Drew laughed at Candace, he couldn't help it. He liked her. Perhaps too much for his own good but it was true. He tried to look thoughtful. "You can't take it with you, Candace and as you said, this is Eve's last prom. It's Elijah's too but he's more into the technical side of the prom than anything else." He rolled his eyes slightly. "Prom committee again. As a Senior this time even! He had considered coming to work for you but instead decided to, as he put it, 'make the decisions that will determine what everyone wears in the first place' and then there might have been an evil laugh." The graying man said with a laugh, his keen blue-grey eyes scanning over the shop.

The girl at the front desk had a moderately cheap dress, so no. That wasn't the special girl this year. Last year he had bought a few different girls their prom dresses. Sneakily of course. And a tux or two. Drew had this horrible habit of projecting his children onto other children. So when he saw the kids making googly eyes at outfits they couldn't afford... He couldn't help himself.

"My parents would kill me for saying that you can't take it with you, I bet they are rolling over in their Parisian apartment's bed and scowling that I've said something stupid again." He went back to staring at the kids for a few moments. "Which one, Candace? Which one do you think needs my help and isn't too shy or backwards or prideful to accept it? Oh! And dress. Something blue. Eve wants something that isn't prom only I'm sure. She's like that..."

Drew's eyes lit on Bree. He liked her fashion style. Dark, severe, and rather professional for a girl her age. He briefly wondered if his darling daughter knew there was someone in this town like this, exactly her type. Alright, so as well as being a damn-good-dress-picker-outer he was also a match maker in training. He just wanted the best for his kids.

Ugh why does that skank always have to get the last word in? And - and where's my dress? UGH! I'll look for it later. And maybe I'll beat up that hoe while at it. She makes me so mad!! Oh, wait did Preston Starr agree to be my date?... Ohmigod he did!

"Oh you will! You're such a sweetie of course I'll keep you hidden. Look um -" I drag him over to the dressing rooms and toss him into one of the rooms. "Just stay here okay? No one will ever find you here." I squeal cause I'm like, so happy! "I'll be right back!" I wave my gorgeous fingers at him, (just got my nails done too) and shut the door. I walk out to the middle of the shop and start looking.

My beautiful pink dress...Oh that's right, it's gone. It's not on the floor where I left it. That skank must've done something with my dress. I hope she didn't do anything to it. Like ripped it to pieces. Or-Or bought it for herself... Why is it not on the floor?! I should've put it somewhere safe. Maybe Daddy will buy a replacement for me. Maybe...

"B-But this dress! It was so perfect for me! W-Why i-is it g-gone?! I-I don't -"

Okay so like, maybe I'm being all over the top with this crying thing but like... It's the only way I can get Daddy to do anything for me sometimes. And if works for me, well duh it's gonna work for these sales people.

And thats the story of how Drake found himself hiding in a changing booth in a dress shop after promising a date to exactly the kind of girl he had slipped out on his manager and an alter event autograph sighing clusterfuck to avoid.

Click

Locking the door seemed the best course of action, so did sitting on the corner shelf and pulling out his phone, especially since it had started ringing.

"Yes mother.."

"No, and your goons missed me by the way."

"I know you're my manager bu..."

"What did you just call me? Use my real name. Its DRAKE."

"... As a matter of fact I just DID organize an event and I don't care who you sold exclusivity to."

"Some school, I've also got a date so there is no way you're cancelling it."

"... her name... well.. Some school I didn't get it's name."

"What did you sell exclusive dating rights too? Win a prom date with Preston Starr...."

"DON'T WRITE IT DOWN."

"Fine, nice talking to you, I'll let you know where you need to take the guys...."

"Well then I guess the have a school band I could use, you made me remember the equalizer setting that use in studio so I guess I don't need you boyfriend either."

"Whatever mother, bye."

He growled, she was insufferable. With or without her he was doing this and then maybe she'd listen. If she wasn't his legal guardian he'd fire her. But no, firing people had to be cleared by his legal guardian.. perfect. Have to love the law.

He was no expert on art- unless you counted makeup and tailoring- but the rough sketch Sam showed him looked pretty amazing to his untrained eye. She had a sense of style, as out-there as the design was, and it would definitely be flattering on her frame. Darren's gaze flicked over her frame, mentally taking measurements... and felt heat rise in his cheeks. What am I doing? Stop that.

It was almost a relief when April barged in, making Sam retract the sketchbook and jarring Darren away from checking her out. So she was serious about taking him to dinner? He would have figured she'd forgotten, since she'd dashed away so fast for that teen idol. Maybe she wasn't as vapid as she looked.

"Uh, sure," he said, and gave her his number. What was the worst that could happen?

He looked at Sam again, back in business mode. "We have a couple of different dresses that could be taken apart to make what you've got in mind. I could help, if you want; I tailor my own clothes, so I know my way around most fabrics."

When Roxy started sobbing across the store, Darren tried not to outwardly show his exasperation. Where was Adrien? He couldn't handle the entire shop by himself, and he hadn't seen Saturn all morning.

Bree flicked through the discount dresses with only tepid feelings about a single one. She wasn't particularly choosy about her clothes, but she hated the idea of wearing something that didn't seem like, well, her. Like it was false advertising. All of these dresses were too saccharine, too neon, too skimpy. She found one that was almost right... until she realized it would leave her itching all night, and she hung it back on the rack with a light sigh.

That was when she felt eyes on the back of her head, and she glanced over her shoulder to find a man- in his late thirties, perhaps- watching her. What the hell? Was he some kind of pervert? Furrowing her brow, she slipped away out of sight between displays of big poofy monstrosities, only to find herself in a section with a large sign in curly-Que lettering which read, "Vintage".

Now this was, surprisingly, more like it.

If only she could get over the price tags. Massaging her temples, Bree steeled herself for battle.

"I, um, I can sew..." she said, still sounding a bit sheepish but a little more comfortable since he said he did as well. Sam took a moment to size him up as well. It was clear that he took pride in how he looked, but without the arrogance of other boys. He had a comfortable and approachable way about him. He probably wouldn't laugh in her face, either, when she suggested the other embellishments she had in mind. "But, um, you can help...if you want..." God, the idea scared her, but it would be a stretch for her to get it all done before prom if she tried to do it all on her own. And he seemed genuinely interested to help. She just wasn't used to letting people so close to her.

Standing up, Sam tried to shove all her things into her bag at once, but accidentally turned her iPod up to full blast. Instead of what most people would assume would come out of the earbuds: emo punk or rock or indie or something like that, the somewhat scratchy sounds of dixieland jazz came through, playing "Sunny Side of the Street". Panicked and cursing under her breath, Sam scrambled to turn it off, fumbling as she did so. When she finally silenced it and shoved it inside her satchel, Sam chanced a glance at him, her cheeks flaming red, embarrassed at being caught.

"'Kay, um, let's start with the corsets..." she mumbled, moving off in whatever direction, not caring if it was the right way. She just wanted to get out of that awkward situation.

[SPOILER="Sunny Side of the Street" by Benny Goodman Sextet]
[/SPOILER]

Compared to the dresses everyone else seemed to be going for, the either most expensive or.. whatever, Jade just didnt care. It wasnt for her..
Shopping(for someone else) and Jade go together like ham and jam. Not so nice.
Besides, knowing her sister: so damn fussy! if she had a problem with the dress she could always return it.. right?

The the rest of the store behind her seemed too crowded for her liking, so as soon as Candace had given her the price she swiftly slipped her hand from her pocket and flicked through her notes of money and slid $150 across the bench, folded the rest and tucked it back into safe keeping.
She cussed under her breath at herself for not checking if she had smaller notes.
God only knows where she got her money from and how. But she had never been broke. well, never without cash.

Jade threw a sideways glance at the man who was talking to the woman that had served her, then turned back to take the garment bag with a pleasant smile. a smile that she tried not to do so much incase the dimples in her cheeks showed. She hated them! even if she was told they were cute.
"Cute, is not me" she'd always respond.

"thanks, uh.. keep the change.." SHe trailed of into a nervous chuckle and threw one last look over her shoulder at the crowd of crazy teens. She shook her head, all she wanted was to get out of there. She turned back to Candace, her smile still pleasant.
"Have a good day"
(: