Tearless (Araluen Ekala&Squirrel

• Thread starter ♣CrimsonParadiso♣
  • Start date
Leon was a little glad that Taishi didn't want anything to drink seeing as how he didn't have anything to give him "Remind me to go to the store later today" he mentioned when Taishi came out of the bathroom. His eyes scanned Taishi quickly and he felt his heart skip a beat but he leveled his eyes on his friends. His smile was still in place watching his friend walk over and immediately cuddle up next to him. Looking down at Taishi through the corner of his eye he couldn't see how Taishi wasn't seeing what he was.

"Well to start off you are already doing it..." Leon placed a hand on top of Taishi's head and started to play with his hair and let his fingers graze Taishi's ears every so often. "Pairs have a bond that is like no other. I've heard that it is even strong then humans true love or maybe true love was based off of a sacrifice and fighters bond" Leon closed his eyes and rocked his head back a little enjoying having Taishi wrapped around him. His tail as well calmed down and wrapped around his right leg. "Well that's not to say that all pairs have to have the bond but it is better to have it. That way the team will be strong and more then likely win more often then not"

((Taishi was meant to be behind the couch behind him, and leaning over him like that. But it's ok. :D I can work.))
~~

Taishi slipped closer and snuggled up beside him on the couch properly, figuring that it would be easier to talk and whatever else.
"So kinda like us? I mean, I trust you like I would if you were my brother. Maybe a little more." He murmured the last part, but was still smiling. "I'm not leaving you today. I don't care what you say. I'm staying with you even after we face Heartless. Even if I'm not your Sacrifice, it'll be a good learning experience, right?" He wasn't totally sure, so he posed it as a question, but there was a promise in his voice; he wasn't going to let Leon do this alone.

"Or if I am, then a battle together should prove it." He remembered the previous night when Leon had first shown him his own name and tried to explain that if Taishi had that name they were a pair, or they could try a fight and if nothing happened that shouldn't, then they were a pair. But the young blonde wasn't sure that his friend would go along with it. Not really thinking about what he was doing, Taishi cuddled up a little more to Leon, eyes closed and a smile on his face; even though he still only had a towel around him, he felt entirely relaxed and not at all worried. His ears rested downwards but not in a sad or angry manner, and his tail came curling around his waist to make sure the towel stayed up - just in case.
"I don't mind getting hurt, Leon. If it helps you, then I'll do it." He whispered softly, and looked up at Leon from where he'd just about buried his face in the other's neck.

~~
((Snuggly Taishiiiiiiii! hehehe.))

"Mmm" Leon was so comfortable right now that he felt like he wanted to just pass out with Taishi in his arms, he heard a few words here and there but his mind wasn't quite registering them. "Taishi I care about you a lot and I don't want you getting hurt. I'd rather not have you accompany me to face Heartless but as you said last night you are not a little brother or a puppy so I can't really stop you from coming..." his began telling his friend and even though he had a point to what he was saying, it was slowly slipping from his mind. "There are many things that can't be...." his sentence trailed off once again as his eyes lids finally closed and he fell into a light sleep.

It wasn't long before he was within his own mind trying to prevent Taishi from getting hurt. No matter who challenged him or beat down on him, Leon was protecting Taishi to the point that he was practically bleeding from every pore in his body. That dream lasted only a few minutes before it shifted again. This time Leon couldn't reach Taishi, no matter how fast he ran or how loud he called out his friends name. His body ached and Leon wanted to just collapse right there but something in him pushed Leon further and further. So many emotions weighing him down and he couldn't figure out what. He was Tearless, he should be as hard as a stone with nothing fazing him but just the thought of Taishi sent him into a spiral of emotions. Shifting for the last time to the worst nightmare he shifted on the couch many times trying to get his mind to settle even a little.

"NO!" Leon sat up from the couch, his body in a cold sweat and his breath was erratic. His eyes scanned the living room quickly making sure everything was the same and that he was back in the real world. His mind in a whirl and his vision blurred still he could hardly make out certain object and he wasn't sure if Taishi was still there. "Taishi" He whispered to himself and then realized that he had practically screamed a few minutes ago. Leon's cheeks flushed and his tail tangled itself around Leon's arm.

((Nah it's cool. I sometimes miss things XDD))
~~

Taishi had been listening intently, comfortable in Leon's arms as his friend spoke. Though as Leon began to drift off, Taishi had sat up properly again, trying his hardest to contain his laughter at just how cute his friend look. He sat there for quite some time, watching Leon sleep and wanting ever so much, though he wasn't really sure why, to steal his first kiss whilst the other was asleep; something in him told him not to - why would he want to steal what would hopefully be an amazing thing when it were to happen on its own? So he stayed where he was for the time being.

As Leon dreamed his nightmares, Taishi's expression had gone from a happy relaxed one to worried and anxious. Jumping in surprise where he was still sat, the young blonde immediately reached out and took one of Leon's hands in his, before he came close and was able to wrap his arms around him again.
"I'm here, it's fine." He cooed softly, a hand slipping being the other so that he could stroke his back in a calming manner. "I'm here, and I'm safe, and so are you."

Leon's heart slowed at the words spoken to him and everything seemed to fall back into place. His eyes focused on his friend and his body about gave in on itself once more but he forced himself to stay conscious. Leon didn't want to fall asleep again and be forced back into those nightmares. "Good...good" he practically chanted to himself and then leaned forward grabbing Taishi and pulling to him. He wasn't going to let his friend go anytime soon, Leon wanted to make sure that he was actually back in his world and that Taishi was indeed alright.

With his mind still uneasy he pulled away from Taishi ever so slightly but still kept a hold on him but he wanted to look at Taishi "Heartless can wait. How about you and I do something today...no school, work or anything else. What do you say?" Leon was trying to smile at his friend like nothing had happened but in his heart there was still a storm. That was influencing him some as to what to do for the rest of the day but with that thought in mind his eyes drifted towards a window to check what time of day it was. Though to him it only felt like a few minutes that he had been asleep, in reality it could have been hours that he was passed out.

The suggestion was mighty tempting, but he hadn't a clue about what they could do though.
"What did you have in mind?" He asked quietly, a little concern still audible in his voice. Despite Leon having moved away just a little, Taishi got to his feet and stretched only to quickly catch the falling towel around his waist that he'd forgotten that he was wearing. A pink hue consumed his cheeks as he stood there for a few seconds, grinning like an idiot.
"That could have ended badly." The young blonde laughed before he turned to go back to the bathroom, only to realize that his clothes would still be wet.

Turning back to Leon, Taishi chewed the inside of his lip for a second,
"Do you have anything that I could wear? My... My clothes are still gonna be wet." He wasn't quite sure why he felt so embarrassed about asking to borrow clothes, but an awkward goofy smile took over his face for a while none the less.

Leon yawned into the back of his hand as he watched Taishi slightly but his mind also wandered onto the days events. He still wasn't sure what he was going to do about Heartless, Leon wondered if he didn't show when they looked for him if they would come try to find him and hurt Taishi even more. Leon still wasn't ready to let Taishi fight with him against another pair though he knew that he would have to let him soon otherwise Taishi would probably get really mad at him for trying to protect him too much. Though the thought of Taishi giving him another order thrilled him and wondered how much he could push his friend before he gave an order without thinking. "Well I was maybe thinking about going to the pier or the beach in the next town. Maybe sit at a cafe and eat or something"

He reached out slowly to grab Taishi and pull him back to the couch but stopped as the towel came from Taishi's waist. His eyes immediately looked up into Taishi's and he saw how red he got. Leon wanted to tell him that it was ok and that he didn't need to be embarrassed about things like that and how much that he actually liked his friend but he was afraid that it would scare him or that Taishi wouldn't believe him. With a soft sigh Leon got to his feet acting like nothing had happened in hopes that it would make Taishi feel more at ease and walked into his room "Let's see if I have anything that will fit you for today" he commented and started to rummaged through his closet and his drawers for anything that would look good on Taishi.

"The pier sounds like a good idea. And especially if we're not anywhere near here... Heartless might not find us. Or at least, not for a while." Taishi comment, and the look on his face held a visible promise to Leon that this would be the last he would speak of the pair for the rest of the day. Though he was a little embarrassed about the towel nearly having come down, even if Leon had seen him nude, it honestly wouldn't have bothered him. They were both guys after all, and it wasn't as if he had something that Leon didn't. But then again, he probably still would have been at least a little embarrassed.

The young blonde pranced alongside his friend towards the bedroom, following him in. Whilst Leon began to look, Taishi didn't want to sit down in case the damp towel around him made anything else wet.
"Anything will do. Well, so long as it doesn't go falling off me like this towel keeps trying to do. If I didn't know better, I would say that it has a mind of its own and just wants you to see me naked." He laughed, jest and teasing in his voice as he kept a hold on the material around his waist; there was still a small playful smile on his face now though. Spending time with Leon did that to him. Lightened his mood, made him smile, made him laugh... Made him feel loved and welcome and like family. It was nice.

"Then the pier it is" he announced as he pulled out a pair of old jeans that he hadn't worn in a few years. Leon found that he still had several items from when he was smaller since he had to live on his own for so long. But now it seemed as though he had held onto them for a reason but what ever that was he still turned around to Taishi and handed him the clothes "These should fit pretty well and if the pants are still too big I have a belt that you could use" he gave his friend a smile but found himself moving closer towards his bed. 'What are you doing?!' His brain screamed at him but Leon couldn't get his boy to stop.

Seeing Taishi sitting there on his bed in nothing but a towel was making him go crazy and his body was now starting to act on its own. 'You're gonna do something stupid' it screamed once again and Leon stopped right in front of Taishi. He looked down at his friend and his own eyes traced from the tip of Taishi's ears down to his lips. Leon bit the inside of cheek and brought a hand up to rest on Taishi's cheek, as his mind was wailing at him now he shut most of it out and went for it. Leon gave Taishi a small kiss on the lips just to see how it was and then he pulled away. His eyes cleared some and he found that he was staring at his friend. Leon's hand came up to the rub the back of his neck while his tail swished about wildly and then he coughed though it sounded more like a small chuckle "A...sorry" he finally was able to say and then turned away from Taishi to leave the room "Well why don't you get dressed and I'll look up the train schedule"

Once he had decided to sit on just the edge of Leon's bed, whilst Leon had been finding clothes, Taishi had just continued to look around the room. It wasn't until Leon came over to him after handing him the clothes that the boy noticed how his friend was looking at him. It made his insides squirm and flutter, and his eyes rested closed the moment the other's hand touched his face. He could sense what was coming, and his mind and body begged for it. The moment Leon's lips came in contact with his own, Taishi felt like he could have melted into a puddle, well, if that were possible.

"L-leon.." When Leon had moved away, Taishi felt his heart sink a little, especially when his friend apologized, "Don't apologize. I... I didn't mind." He confessed softly, and as much as he'd wanted to get up and walk over to Leon and wrap him in a hug, Taishi felt like he was frozen to the spot on the bed. His heart was racing a little, and even his breathing had become a little hitched. Did this mean that Leon felt the same? But, how could he? They were simply best friends, right? But... It was doing the young blonde neko's head in and he let out a soft sigh, lowering his gaze to the ground in unease, chewing his bottom lip.

Leon hadn't expected to hear his friend tell him it was ok for him to be kissing him, but that was exactly what he wanted to hear. But Leon still couldn't help but feel that it was wrong to do this to someone who was younger then him, maybe if they were close to the same age but then another part of him didn't care. He felt connected to Taishi and more then a normal friend should. With a deep breath he exhaled calming his nerves and finally turned around to Taishi "I'm relieved to hear you say that but I'm sure you are rather confused and about more than one thing. I will tell you this...I like you very much Taishi and I feel very very protective of you"
He walked back over to his friend and sat down on the bed with him, Leon would make sure though this time that Taishi was ok with him touching him and possibly more. "Can you accept the fact that I like you more then just a friend?"

((Nah it's cool. Life happens! ^_^ Just glad it didn't get graveyarded. :3))

Taishi offered his friend a smile and shook his head,
"In all honesty, I'm still more confused that there's more to our world than I'd first thought, and even that's beginning to make more sense as I learn." He'd waited till Leon had finished talking to say that, however, unable to hide the little smile still on his face. It made him feel happier knowing that Leon really did feel the same way he did, though he wasn't yet sure if he could tell his friend that. Or maybe he could? No. He'd leave it, for now.

"I can accept that." The blonde smiled, ears twitching attentively, "But... What if I'm not really meant to be with you? I mean, don't pairs have strong bonds like that? I feel like we do but if I'm wrong then I'd only get in the way, wouldn't I?" All of a sudden doubt and uncertainty swamped his mind as he thought about what he'd learnt of other pairs so far. If they had strong emotional bonds that was like a relationship, and if he wasn't really Leon's Sacrifice, then that would mean.... Taishi's ears went flat and his tail stilled as his quickly turned to bury his face against Leon's chest, forcing himself to breath properly instead of in sudden hitches.

He was undoubtedly the cutest thing Leon had ever seen and just by the simplest acts he did made Leon want to cuddle him even more and keep him locked away safely. But he knew that wasn't the best idea to do to someone so he would settle for protecting him as much as he could. Leon listened to Taishi talk and wasn't surprised that he was confused but was glad that Taishi accepted his feelings even if they weren't exactly clear. "Even if we aren't meant to be a pair I will still protect you and please don't worry about that. If I happen to find my sacrifice I don't care because you are my sacrifice in my heart. I will take care of you and protect you as much as I can" Leon told him as he wrapped his arms around his friend.

"Hey, didn't you want to go to the pier? It's getting late and if we don't go now then we will be found. I would like more time with you alone before that happens" Leon told Taishi and then gentle placed a finger under Taishi's chin so that he could look him in the eyes. "Everything will be ok. I promise and if I break that promise then you have every right to punish me. Ok?"

The idea of Leon still wanting to keep their strong friendship - or whatever it had now become - even if he wasn't his proper sacrifice made Taishi glow on the inside. He adored his friend more than he could ever lead on, and this was just another one of those things that made him feel that way. It didn't at all bother him that the world he was now entering was full of danger; he had Leon and suddenly that was all that mattered.
"I appreciate it." He murmured with a small smile, tail swishing about behind him slowly and his ears twitched a little; the way they normally would had he become embarrassed, but this was a different type of embarrassment - like the times when you're trying to get someone's attention romantically and you really don't think they're at all interested, but the suddenly they're the ones that come up to you and get your attention instead.

At the suggestion of going to the pier, Taishi's features lit up as he raised his eyes from where they'd found the floor, back to Leon's face.
"Yes!" He grinned, nodding his head eagerly, but then paused an raised an eyebrow, "I'm not going to punish you... Why would I do that? A broken promise or not, Leon, you're my best friend. I'm sure you would have a perfectly logical explanation or reason if you were to break a promise." He laughed softly, shaking his head as he reached for Leon's hand; he was eager to go before they were found by this Heartless pair later this afternoon.

Leon wanted to pout when he heard that Taishi wouldn't punish him for something which only furthered his belief that Taishi wasn't his sacrifice. Though none the less he was going to enjoy his day with him. "Alright well you finish getting dressed and all go grab a few things for us for today" Leon told him and then turned walking out of the room. His tail wrapped around his leg a little and his ears drooped some. He was really tired and not really wanting to meet up with heartless and lose all his strength not to mention he still didn't want to subject Taishi to that amount of pain.

He rummaged through the hall closet to find a blanket just in case they wanted to sit down on the grass and grabbed another blanket for if it was cold later that night and if they weren't back home before then. After getting all that packed up in a bag he placed it on the couch and then grabbed some money out of his secret cash spot. Once done with all that he sat on the couch waiting for Taishi to be done though his eyes did drift over to his small clock just to check and make sure they had enough time to get out of town. But doing that didn't give him much hope, it was almost noon.

Taishi scampered off to finish the dressing process and to tidy his messy hair. He wondered why Leon had seemed a little... Upset? About not wanting to punish him. Why on earth would he want to punish his friend for anything? But then again, Taishi was taking the word 'punish' in the sense of pain, not in any other form. Once he pulled his clothes back on and his hair was sitting adequately reasonable, he headed back down to his friend on the couch.
"Readyyyyy." He purred, his usual happy mood picking back up as his tail swished from side to side.

On the inside, Taishi was concerned that going out was a bad idea, but if they didn't go and confront Heartless, Heartless was bound to come and find them instead. Ears twitching in excitement, the young blonde picked up the basket and swished his tail a few more times.
"Let's goooooo!" Oh yes he was excited, regardless now that he thought about it. He could have a lot of fun with Leon, even if they would be getting into a fight together later that afternoon.

Leon was a bit relieved when Taishi was ready, they would have to rush to get out of town before Heartless found them but nothing a little game of tag couldn't fix. But just thinking that sounded weird "Well then lets hurry" he said in a playful tone and walked out of his place then looked the door after Taishi walked out. Leon slipped his arm over Taishi's shoulder and walked down the stairs. He kept an ear out just in case Heartless sought them out before noon. "So what do you want to take, a cab, bus or the train?"

Taishi's tail swished back and forth happily as Leon joined him outside, though the question posed to him made him think for a few moments before answering. If they took the bus or train, people would probably notice they were school-age and were no doubt skipping; which of course they were. But then a cab would be more expensive....
"The train. More people there so we're less likely to be noticed by anyone." He grinned up at his friend with his answer and his tail went back to swinging from left to right and back again as they walked.
"Don't worry about Heartless, OK? This is our time, before they show up. It'll be alright." Taishi figured that he should say something on the topic so he could at least feel more at ease. He wasn't sure though, that the girl he'd met had actually been apart of the Heartless team... She may have just been a messenger, so he might not know who to look out for. But then he remembered that he'd end up getting a ringing in his ears, so he wouldn't have to worry about looking out, but listening out instead.

"Train it is" Leon said though he would have preferred a cab but Taishi wanted a train, he would find some other way to get his friend alone. Possibly when they went to picnic but even then there might be other people around. As long as none of those people were Heartless then he would be ok. He still couldn't get his mind off the fact that he was being hunted with Taishi who still didn't know everything about the life he lived. Not to mention he really wanted to keep Taishi from this life. "Come on. The next train should be soon" Leon said as they reached the bottom of the stairs and grabbed his friends hand. He then began to run to the train station, part of it was because he figured it was fun the other part was to get away from this town quickly. "I'll try not to think about them but it's kind of hard" he called to Taishi over his shoulder and then looked ahead of him just so that he wouldn't run into anyone.

It was like he was a little kid again, and Taishi loved it! He willingly ran along with Leon, obviously a little bit slower because he was slightly shorter but he never once let Leon's hand slip from his grasp. He heard his friend's concern but simply smiled,
"I know... But we can try!" He called back, trying not to laugh at just the idea of running to the train station. At least it wasn't too far away. By the time they reached it, just like Leon had said, the train wasn't that far away and it pretty much pulled in just as they got there.
"Perfect timing." He laughed, strangely amused by such simplicity, as he tugged Leon onto the train, into what was a more empty carriage. The entire time his ears hadn't started to ring, and even now they weren't, so he knew that they were safe. He took a seat against the window, preferring to feel safe being closed in with the window on one side and Leon on the other. It was cozy.