Teachings for the Youth

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, nothing," he said. "I thought- Ugh. Never mind."

He slouched in his seat.

Lisa looked at her friend, trying to figure out what was going on. All she knew was that she was a little anxious and she wasn't a fan of this feeling. She barely listened as others started saying theirs out loud as well. She kind of just wanted to get out of this classroom. The feelings she was starting to get was just a bit too different for her. She had never quite experienced strong feelings like when she was looking at Mr. Keith. It made her feel.... like a creeper. Like an idiot. One of those school girls who crush on their teachers... she just wasn't like that. No.

She looked down at her book. Maybe she needed to cut back on the reading... or she just needed to read because her imagination was running wild. Either way, she wanted to leave this classroom.

Tyler only looked down at his desk as everyone else reads theirs to the class.

Thomas kept looking back at Lisa with some concern. She was acting like she wanted to get out of the classroom. What should he do? Should he keep her after class and ask if everything was all right? Should he let her step out for a few minutes?

Lisa couldn't help but sneak a peek at Mr. Keith, and their eyes met. She smiled, but then quickly looked away. What in the world was going on with her? She was calling herself an idiot. She was stupid for acting like this. Like some little child. Or like one of her air-headed classmates. What was she going to do this year? How long will this continue?

He noticed at Lisa looked away after their eyes met. She couldn't possibly be attracted to him, could she?

As the other students read what they wrote, he kept glancing back at Lisa. Thankfully, none of the other students noticed.

Lisa wanted to hide. She bit her lower lip and mindlessly started strumming her fingers lightly on her book. Now, if it was one of her books, what would she do?

Ridiculous. In the books, the student would actually probably go after the teacher.... no.. the teacher would go after the student first? Or would she try to forget the teacher and agree to go out with the football captain that had been asking her out. ... or the smart quiet guy the people secretly admired...

Maybe she did read too much. She could help but smile at that thought. "Is it just me, or is this class taking a long time," she whispered to Tyler. There weren't many interesting people in the class. She only truly liked less than a handful of people in this class.

"Yeah, it does seem long..." replied Tyler.

When the last of the student read their papers, Thomas glanced at everyone. "All right, we have some time left. We're not going to start the material until tomorrow, but I do have to go over the syllabus with you. Or you can just look at it since you guys already know what's in them."

Lisa heard the groans from some of her classmates, but she relished in the fact that this was all they had to do left. And she wasn't going to lie to herself; she was looking forward to hearing Mr. Keith speak as well. Usually this took a little more time a bit more reading from the teachers.

Unless he would do the lame 'popcorn' reading or assign someone to read it aloud.

"You know, if he has us look over it ourselves, no one will," she mumbled, to no one in particular.

Thomas glanced down at the paper. "I'm just going to go over the rule of my class since you already know what the rest of the syllabus consists of."

Tyler began to look at him with envy as Thomas read the rules aloud.

Lisa caught her breath and tried to hide the smile. Yes, this is what she wanted. She almost didn't notice Tyler looking at Mr. Keith, but she did. She would have to ask him about that later. For now, she was enjoying Mr. Keith's voice.

'Stop it!' She couldn't help but tell herself. 'This is idiotic and stupid. Do not get a crush on the teacher. That is immature.' Unfortunately the attraction is still there. And she knew it. And she couldn't avoid it. Were the other girls feeling like this as well?

It's not like she was jealous or thought she had a chance...
No. More. Reading. At least when it came to stuff like this. She needed to read some fantasy or something. But imagine how her parents would react if-

Who was she kidding. Her parents probably still wouldn't notice her.

"Is everyone clear?" he asked his students.

He had a chorus of "yes".

"All right, we still have a little bit of time left, so talk amongst yourselves."

Lisa let out a sigh of relief. She opened her book to start reading, trying to escape the embarrassing moments and feelings she had just been experiencing. She would usually talk to Tyler, but he had been acting weird. Actually... she put the book back down, but kept it open to turn to him.

"Tyler, what is going on?" she was referring to how he was acting this entire class period since Mr. Keith had them do that silly little opening assignment. He kept looking around, giving the teacher looks, and that just wasn't normal for him.

"Oh, nothing," he retorted. "Don't worry about it."

He put his head on his desk and tried to go to sleep.

Lisa looked at him like 'You can't be serious'. "I know there was something. Why wont' you tell me?" She then started to play with him. "Is there someone you like that you're looking for? And you haven't told me about her?"

She snuck a glance at Mr. Keith to see what he was doing, but quickly looked back at Tyler.

"Just leave me alone, Lisa."

A girl with blonde hair poked Tyler in the back. "Umm... what's your problem?"

"None of your business."

"Really?"

She tried to stop a jock sitting next to her nudging him as the bell rang. "Lisa was asking you a question."

Tyler quickly got up and walked out the door. He was greeted with jeers and shoves.

Lisa was gobsmacked. Did Tyler really just... "What did I do?" she wondered aloud. She didn't even notice the bell ring as she tried to figure out what just happened. She didn't want to admit it, but what just happened hurt her. Kind of like a betrayal. Leave him alone? Did he really want her to leave him alone? He had always welcomed her company before... maybe she did push it too much or something, but to have him to just...

Then she noticed everyone else was practically gone and she quickly put a bookmark in her book and started to gather the rest of her stuff.

Yeah, she was upset.

Thomas walked over to Lisa. "Wait, stay."

He motioned her to sit back down and he closed the door before sitting next to her. "What just happened?"

Lisa only nodded when he told her to stay and immediately sat down. She was shocked. She looked at him trying to figure it out herself. "I-I don't know," she replied honestly. "I mean, I was just asking him something because I noticed his odd behavior... I may have teased him too much, but I didn't even say much. I just wanted to know what was going on... and he told me to leave him alone." She didn't realize it, but she was rambling. She started to shake her head as she tried to sort out thoughts.

"What did I do wrong," she wondered aloud.

"I don't know, maybe you said or did something that set him off and you didn't realize that. I don't know."

He looked at Lisa. "Why were you constantly glancing at me during class? Maybe that set him off."

Lisa blushed. He noticed. Oh God, he noticed. She could just die of embarrassment right here. Right now. She tried to think of ways talk her way out of this. Maybe... maybe...

"Ah, you remind me a character in a novel I once read," she finally uttered. Oh crap, was that really the best she could do. "You seem like the warm hearted character that captured the heart of mean... type. I wanted to confirm, but I figured it would be rude to stare or keep analyzing."

Yup, she just wanted to melt into the ground, right now. It was kind of true... maybe.

"And I don't think that was it," she muttered. "I think I owe him an apology." She stood up but kept looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact. "I am going to go now, I am utterly embarrassed and will go apologize for what I said. See you tomorrow," and she tried to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.