Tales of Morelia - OOC (Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, welcome back Incubus Prince! And we've decided to have a mini PM battle with you to ease you into the combat and work you into the group, we'll post the collective work into the main plot as a "Meanwhile..." This way we avoid starting off with diverging plot lines. We'll get everyone together shortly!

Awesome! Can't wait! P.S. Would hae replied sooner, but I guess I didn't hit send >.<

No problem Incubus! But before I write it up, I'd like to check our players' statuses.

ReaperOfFlames & Relish: You guys still in? Don't worry if you've lost interest, something's come up, etc. I'd just like to know if you two still want to be in the rp.

R-9 Pilot & Incubus Prince: Should we lose Reaper and/or Relish, would you two still like to continue? If you do want to continue even if we lose two players, would you like me to try and get more players in the rp (so it isn't just four) or would you like the group to be smaller?

Liam van Alkema: Post darn you! I know you're holding out on me. XP

I'm fine with continuing with a smaller group, and also fine with looking for more players. I know I've seen games before where players drop in and out, or where it took a few rounds of recruiting before the group stabilized at the desired size. So, I'd say there's no harm in looking, and I certainly do want to keep going.

I would certainly love to keep going! And I wouldn't mind if we had a smaller group either! I have someone I could ask if they wanted to join, but idk if they would, so I'd be perfectly fine with just four! I think smaller groups are easier, so we won't have to wait on a bunch of people to post, so we could keep the rp goin for a lot longer, ya know?

P.S. I won't mind waiting just a little longer! I'll always wait for a good rp!

Thanks guys!

Alright, so I think I've given Reaper and Relish enough time, so here's the dealio!

1) Since Relish hasn't jumped in yet, Incubus Prince, you can go ahead and take monster number 5 (the one that took out Mirboro)

2) ReaperOfFlames, you still have time to post! However, if Incubus gets his post done before you do, I'll make up a turn for you and move us along. If you continue to be inactive once I'm going to change our location, Quinn will be dropped off in Gerdren. You will then be able to join again later should you wish to. (just PM or post here in the OOC and we'll get you worked in)

3) Relish I am going to label you inactive. You may return at any time and I'll get you into the rp. (just PM or post here in the OOC and we'll get you worked in)

I understand life can get in the way, which is why I will allow people to go inactive and return. HOWEVER! Three strikes and you're out. I will not give people strikes if they PM me and Liam with reason why they are gone and ask to be dragged along in the party until they return. (I'll add this to the rules later)

I'm actually part of a wedding today, so I'll have my post up by Sunday, Monday at the latest!

Sounds good ReaperOfFlames, events like that are way more important than RP stuff (hence why Xylime thought up the whole active/inactive system). Thanks for letting us know though, Xy and I really appreciate it.

Question! So, should my post be like a casual walk-by-and-join thing?

Good good good! It is time to finish up round 2!

Here is a refresher for what dice rolls are associated with what attacks -> Link to Post

M1 = Kanade - Backstep
M2 = Quinn - Pushed monster back with Beast (counting it like a "backstep")
M3 = Alena - Jump in place
M4 = Kyren - Dodge to the right
M5 = Ealazhar - Guard

---Update---

Roll Results:

M1 used short frontal
M2 used short frontal
M3 used side sweep
M4 used long frontal
M5 used back attack

1) Short distance so missed Kanade
2) Short distance so missed Quinn
3) Side sweep so missed Alena
4) Frontal attack so missed Kyren
5) Back attack so missed Ealazhar

*I'm glad to know there's always at least one derpy monster moment in each round

I will write up an official post for the IC tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that guys. I won't even make excuses, that was just poor planning on my part. Anyway...

This tutorial fight has dragged on long enough. Your next action(s) will kill the monster. You can make it as flashy or non-flashy as you wish, and take as many actions as you desire (ranging from 1 to 4).

Also, to sorta make up for my tardiness, I made sure to write out Alena's post too so you guys have some direction for what's happening after the battle. There can be some quick interactions (with anyone or anything) but I want to move us along soon. Therefore, please don't to go into something that would take a bunch of posts to finish (at least not yet).

Gonna give ReaperOfFlames one more day before I move us along. But first, I have to roll something:

1-3 = Mirboro dies
4-6 = Mirboro lives

---Edit---

MIRBORO LIIIIIIIIIIVES!!!! That's right! I maaaay from time to time roll to determine random events, like whether NPCs die, etc.

Since Mirboro will walk away with his life, I may bring him in again as an NPC for something. We'll seeeeeee.

I'm super sorry guys! My family got a new pet and she has been a far greater handful than we ever could have imagined! Most of my free time has been spent caring for her, so I haven't been able to get a post prepared. *clenches fist* But I will soooooon!

Because it is taking me a bit, R-9, if you want to respond to Incubus, go ahead! (and you guys can even have a mini conversation if you wish)

Here's a picture of my new family member. (hopefully her cuteness will distract you guys from my failings)
Bwunhildaresized_zps4253eb91.jpg

That is one cute rabbit. Unless it's not a rabbit but some other rabbit-like creature.

I probably will go ahead and start a bit of a conversation, then. Talking is usually easy enough to handwave as happening while on the move anyway, so it wouldn't get in the way of moving on, either.

OMG THAT IS THE MOST FUZZY THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! I will clone it and it will be mine! I will name the clone Fluffy and it shall be mine, and it shall be my Fluffy!!! And I'm happy with conversations!

I am so sorry everyone. Inspiration ran away with Motivation and left me stranded in a sea of blah. But I have returned, and have posted Alena's post (which moved us to Gerdren). I understand if people have disappeared (I have no one but myself to blame). However, if you guys are still around, can choose to follow Alena to the Information Hub, or explore Gerdren (and if you want I can make a small event for your character(s) if you desire). I will bring us back together after the researchers have been delivered. (so probably the post after my next)

I'm still here.

Minor Tales geek incoming. That being said, I probably won't join since I find the plan out type flow to be a little restricting but I would be happy to give you guys any kind of tech support help, system-wise or anything, really.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.