Taken to an Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Was on my way home, I had just finished practicing with my band." he hadn't been expecting her to pull him so hard and stumbled on his first few steps before regaining his balance. Different powers? he thought to himself, if she was telling the truth then what was going to happen to him, would turn into some kind of chameleon person like Meghan or something worse? Either way he didn't like that fact he been turned into someone's guinea pig, the thought of someone using him like that made his skin crawl with disgust.

When they got to the cave Meg plopped down in the sand with a smile looking out at the ocean. "I've never seen the ocean before... if that's the ocean." she said with a smile thinking about what she had on underneath. Than it dawned on her. She began to strip shifting a sort of body swimsuit on so it looked like she had one on. "Care to swim?" she asked running into the water full tilt.

Kim's head would slowly rise from its slumped position. She looked up at what seemed to be the figure of a guy. She heard his voice too. No, she was probably hallucinating. Not eating for so long can d that to you. Kim braced the tree as she slowly got to her feet. She walked toward the voice out of pure curiosity and ended up tripping over a branch. "Eep" She shreiked as she landed on the fgure she only saw as her imagination. Without her even realizing it she had clamped on tightly to the figure. Looking up she felt a shiver corse through her spine. She was holding onto a guy. A sweet blush engulfed her face. Kim was estatic that she wasn't alone here but evn o it was hard to express. "H-Hey.." Was all she could manange to cough up. Kim only hoped this guy couldn't feel her shivering on him.

Matt placed a hand on the girl's forehead and helped move her back against the tree.

"You seem a bit peckish. How long has it been since you've last eaten?"

Bastards bastards bastards. How can you think to leave a kid out here to fend for herself?

"You wait here, okay, kid? I'm gonna go find some food for you, yeah?"

Jayden looked away when she begain striping trying to be polite, when she asked him he wanted to swim he only thought of how wierd this was. Here they were stranded on an island with no idea on how to survive and she wants to go swimming? If only he could feel so care free, "Sure I guess" He took off most of his clothing leaving just his shorts on, he ran into the water and jumped in. It was freezing cold at first but after awhile his body got used to the cold, "ah refreshing" he said jokingly.

Meghan laughed knowing how sarcastic this kid could be from reading his files. "So how long have you been playing? In your band?" she asked sheepishly smiling at the chill of the water. She had never actually gone swimming with anyone. It had always been just herself. "I'd love to hear it if we ever get off the island." she said with a smile, "Wish I could play..."

Jayden smiled meg seemed to be normal after all...well aside from the shape shifting. "Well if we ever do I'll be sure to rbing you along to our next practice, as for the guitar its pretty easy to learn you just need some free time and patience." he was starting to relax a bit now, when he thought about it being on an island with someone like meg wasn't all bad. After about thirty minutes he started to shake alittle, a sign that he'd been in too long. "I-I'm g-going to g-go in n-n-now." he said trying swimming as fast as he could to get out of the freezing water, the shake grew in magnitude becoming more violent as he moved. All he could think about was getting to the shore so he could warm up, the shakes continued to become violent " Come on come on" he said to himself. He was still a ways off he cursed for swimming out so far he closed eyes and kicked harder, the shakes grew even further to the point his head was thrashing. He suddenly felt like he was shooting forward, when he opened his eyes he was surprised to see he was on the beach. He'd still had a long ways to go last time he checked but now he was just like he just shot over like a bullet. "What the heck?"

Meghan stood where she was in the water in shock. He'd just teleported. The chances of an individual's molecular structure being able to do that was like one in a million. "How'd you do that!" she yelled starting to swim to shore starting to shiver herself but she was use to Minnesota water having grown up there.
By the time she got to shore her lips were blue and her long brown hair stuck to her back in clumps. "How... how did... y-y-you do that?" she managed to squeak out.

"Eh, I-I dunno..." She slumped back into a sitting position. Her hair covered her face so she didn't get too good a luck at the guy. He seemed niced though. His voice was sincere. Kim didn't have the energy to respond anymore. She sat in silence an waited for the mystry man to return.

Matt left the girl behind. He hoped she'd be okay for the little while he was looking for food. Not that he really knew the first thing about finding food in a jungle. With his luck he'd find something that was poisonous and kill both himself and the kid. A wave of dread washed over him at this thought. He didn't want to be responsible for killing a kid. He crossed his fingers and hoped he could find some bananas because he knew those were safe and those grew in the jungle right?

"Ow!" he felt something sting the back of his neck and he swiped angrily at it with the back of his hand. A bee buzzed off and for a brief moment he considered the bee with a tilt of his head. It didn't look like an ordinary bee but then what did he know about jungle critters? He swiped again at the back of his neck but was surprised there was no pain there. He shrugged. Maybe he'd just imagined it? Matt shook his head. He felt a little dazed and he hoped the heat wasn't getting to him.

What was it he was doing again, exactly?

His stomach growled. He was hungry. He should try and find some bananas maybe. This looked like a jungle area. Maybe bananas grew here…

He continued stumbling through the jungle, needing reminding every few minutes from his stomach exactly what his purpose was. To his surprise he came across a house. A very solid looking house. Certainly not the sort of thing he expected to see around here. Maybe there would be food in the house?

Typically, he would have questioned what a house like that was doing out here in the jungle. His first thought would have been that he had stumbled upon some sort of headquarters or faculty cabin- a suit or someone who was involved on the other end of the research project. Or what he would have considered the bad guy end. It had, at this point, completely slipped his mind to even question whether the house could be a headquarters for the government project and in fact, the government project had slipped his mind all together. All that mattered was that he find food and… there was something else he was supposed to do…

But he couldn't remember what.

His brows knitted together in frustration. He could usually remember these things… how was he gonna write his next song if he couldn't remember anything from a half an hour ago…?

How was he going to write a song in the jungle?

Why was he in the jungle?

Damn.

He didn't realize he'd been standing in front of the house now for a long while, just staring at it, as he tried to sort through his very foggy brain.

That's a nice house…

Kim sat there for what felt like hours. It was pure agony, she would wake up and then pass out in a strenuous cycle. Clenching onto her shirt she braced the tree she was sitting next to. Hoping to utilize the time she had before she passed out again. "W-Where'd he go?" She remembered the man that had left awhile ago. "H-He was comming back right?" She murmered. "No, stop trying to convince yourself. Why would he help you when he's so buzy just tryin to survive himself?" Deep down she felt that his words were still sincere and hoped that he would come back for her. "What if he's hurt? What if he was attacked by an animal!?" She tried to push hrself off of the ground in an attempt to go search for him. She didn't get too far before falling plump on her butt. Kim only hoped that he was okay as she passedout once again.

She heard someone walking around outside of her house, and, naturally curious, she went to her door and opened, just having finished creating the chair. She scanned the surrounding area. "Hello? Who's out there?" She called out, hesitantly opening her door a little more, feeling rather tired as if she had fed the chair her energy to create it.

"A human being!" Matt cried out excitedly in a rather overly loud voice. His eyes glazed over a bit as he continued to stare, not actually moving forward to greet her. His stomach growled and he blinked dazedly. "Oh- roight- You wouldn't happen to have any food, would you? Or maybe know where some is? I'm looking for bananas..."

Something tugged at the back of his mind that he had some other purpose here, but again he couldn't remember it.

His brow tugged in frustration before he blinked and spaced out again.

She shook her head and exited her house, closing the door behind her. She took a few steps forward, but didn't entirley approach him. "No. I'm sorry. I've only been here for a day. I don't know why I'm here, but I am." She shrugged, aimlessy kicking at the dirt with the tip of her shoe.

He blinked again. He knew why he was here, he was sure of that. But he couldn't remember it just now. He was almost certain that whatever reason it was that he was here, was the same as hers.

It also was dawning on him that she wasn't the first human he'd run into. There were others, and he voiced this, his voice slow, unsure of what he knew, what was real and what was not. "I think there are others... I think I ran into one...somewhere..."

He paused. He wasn't sure, but whatever it was he was supposed to do, he was almost certain it had to do with that other person.

His stomach growled again. "Have you got any food?" he asked, completely forgetting that he had asked her this question only a few moments before.

She shook her head. "I'm sorry, but no. If you want I can help you look for some though." Here her eyes brightened. "I am very good at naming which plants are edable and which ones are not, and I know what ones can be used for medice and such. My name is Eve, by the way." She said, offering a friendly but shy smile.

"I can identify bananas!" Matt said brightly, flashing a smile that showed a crooked front tooth. "They're my favowite~"

He paused. There was something weird... the house... the observation was there but the mental connection had not quite made it's way to him yet. Not in the way he normally would have noticed such a thing. If she'd only been there a day, how'd she already have such a nice house? Any other day he'd have been sharp to point this out. A few hours ago, in fact, he'd have been sharp to point this out. Such was not the case now and he mumbled his observations that lacked the connection. "You have a nice house, Eve. 'm Matt. And I'm hungry."

"Thanks. Nice to meet you." She walked up to him slowly. "Come on. We should look for food and healing herbs." She said, giving him another shy smile. "But uh...we should leave trail marks don't you think? So we no where to go and where we've gone?" She suggested.

"Okay," Matt said rather stupidly. "Lead the way, lady," he said with a little bow. She seemed to have a better idea of what was going on, and he was quick to trust her instinct.

Jayden was shaking uncontrolably his body was freezing "I-I-I d-don't k-n-n-now." he hoped this wasn't hypothermia "Can y-y-you g-get my c-clothes f-f-for m-me?" he felt his arm give out from under him, he started to cough vigirously as well; almost as if he had whooping cough.

Status
Not open for further replies.