Taken to an Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayden woke up on a beach, his legs and arms still some what numb but not as bad as before. He tried to get up stretching his legs and arms out to help the blood flow, he looked around trying to get a better idea on his bearings. If only he'd taken astrology, he could use the constilations to atleast get a general location of the island. Oh well he thought to himself and began to explore the jungle for any signs may lead him to other inhabitants if there were any? For some odd reason he felt very wierd, not a bad wierd its was a good wierd.

Meghan kept on til she stumbled upon subject J laying the sand still. So she sat behind a rock sighing slightly hoping he hadnt seen her yet. Than she stood up.
"Hey you!" Meghan said pretending to huff over to him falling next to him, "Where are we?"

Lily didn't try to shout anymore, she just waited on the people that had trapped her there. Soon she heard footsteps but no one were talking. "Who are you? Where am I?" She didn't get an answer, instead she felt how someone were taking her arm and pushed in a needle into her skin. "OW, What are you doi..." She felt herself become really drowsy and she passed out.

Her hands weren't tied anymore when she woke up, she could the wind so she were outside. She took up her hands towards her face to take off the blindfold. "Where am I?" She whispered to herself when she saw that she were outside in a forest. She heard the wolfs howl somewhere, it sounded close. Lily looked around but all she could see were trees everywhere. "Hello? Is someone out here?" Why had someone taken her to a forest?

As she heard the wolf howl again she started to run, it sounded way too close for her to stay there.

Kim finally caught her breath nough to stop crying. She pushed herself off of the ground smiling at the realization that she could move again. Her happiness was short lived. Again, she realized she was alone. Trying to cheer herself up she whispered "At least boys won't harass me here right?" No, tht wasn't good enough to make her smile again and she knew it. To calm herself down again she began to hum to the beat of a rapcore song she knew by heart. Soon the lyrics would come out involuntarily.She sung along "And then it all goes... boom!" Kim would point at a bunch of tress directly in front of her as she ended her verse. Something would rocket out of her palm, knocking her backwards to the ground. The impact caused Kim to shut her eyes completly as a loud explosion was heard. "Oww oww oww!" Kim would rub the back of her head as she opened her eyes again. The trees that were once in front of her were now nonexistent as a patch of wrecked earth laid there instead. "W-What?" Kim blurted and wondered if she was going crazy.

Jayden turned around to see where the voice had come from, it was a girl, she seemed out of breath as if she'd been running laps up and down the beach. "Well if I had to say I think we're on an island." he said with heavy sarcasm, he continued surveying the the jungle trying to see if there was anything he could use for a shelter. When he couldn't find anything other than trees, turned back toward the girl letting out a sigh. "Sorry I've been having a bad couple days, as I'm sure you can imagen. First I get abducted by some over grown lug heads, then I'm kept I a box for who knows how long, knocked out a second time, and finally dumped on what I'm guessing to be an un-inhabited island in the middle of the ocean." He huffed obviously pissed at the situation he was now in.

Meghan jumped at the sudden hostility but took a deep breath in. Nothing she had never dealt with before.
"I'm sorry." she said sitting down next to the boy, "I'm Meghan." She offered out her hand looking at the boy than her hand nearly screaming at the leopard prints on her skin. She quickly stuck it in her pocket trying to hid it as she sat there with a cheesy smile.
"There was a small sea cave just down the beach." she said with a faint smile trying to not freak out. She was still a human with little social skills.

Eve stared, awe struck at what she had just seemed to have created. She wavered suddenly as if utterly exhausted, which she was. It seemed as if she had fed her energy into what she had created. It was a two story house complete with windows and doors, and even little steps up to the front door. "Wow." She muttered, looking around her. She smiled tiredly, yawning and stretching before entering. There was no furtinture, but it was better then sleeping outdoors. Tomorrow once she got some sleep she would do some modifications to her house.

Tristian woke up to the warm under him. When he opened his eyes he had to do it slowly as he relized he was looking at the sun, he closed his eyes again and his neck and shoulder was filled with pain. He groned and sat up slowly relizing the warmth under him was sand. Looking around he wondered who else was with him and how he could get off the beach or wherever he was. As he started to walk his legs burned and he made his way into the water but it didn't help, his breathing was ragged but he kept up. He walking into the jungle like area shouting " Hello!? anyone here!?

Kim was most definetly astounded as what she had just done. But the fact that she could do it scared her even more. Surely back home she woulve noticed the fact that she could take out an entire patch of land with a flail of her palm. She got up and dsted her butt off as well as the rest of her skirt that was now slightly torn from repeated rash movements. She wanted to figure this out a little bit more but for now.. A craved growl was heard from the bottom of her stomach as she patted the linning of her tank top. "I'm hungry.." Kim began to pout just a little. She sluggishly trotted over to the dense jungle in search of food and shelter.

Jayden eyed the girl skepticlly, "A sea cave?" his voice doubtful, but still a cave was better than nothing at all. "Fine guess I got nothing better going for me, where's it at?" he said waiting for her to lead the way to what would be their home for the night. Not that he'd be doing much sleeping, he didn't trust the girl she was still a stranger to him. Better to be safe then sorry.

(OOC: ooh this looks like fun. Hope no one minds I drop a canon character/person in here)

Matt pumped the pedals of his bike with all the energy he could muster. He was late to the studio again. This is what he got for choosing to live at the resistance headquarters all the way across town. Oh well. They could throw a strop if they wanted. It didn't bother him any. Matt whizzed through an intersection banking on his luck that a car wasn't coming. Luck was on his side today, it seemed. He dodged people on the sidewalk expertly, having done this day in and day out ever since he'd moved to the resistance. As he ducked into the alley that was his shortcut he was surprised to find a black Mercedes blocking his path. Looks like he'd have to go the long way this time. He braked and and put his feet on the ground, awkwardly trying to back the bike up without having to get off.

A man dressed neatly in a suit emerged from the car and approached him. Matt was too busy looking behind him to notice the man at first. It wasn't until the man's shoe crunched on the gravel a few meters away that Matt whipped his head around to meet the man's eyes.

"You should know better than to take the same route every single day." the man said coolly.

Matt's eyes flashed, suddenly very alert. "Who are you?" he demanded.

"That's for me to know, and you not to find out. I'm sure you'll guess eventually though. You're too smart for your own good." The man's eyes shifted over Matt's shoulder and Matt caught the movement just as the man opened his mouth to say, "Take him, boys."

Matt had his bike though, and that put him at an advantage. Without looking behind him, Matt whipped the bike around as fast as he could, using the back end to take out the men that he knew had snuck up on him. It worked briefly and stunned the men just enough to allow him to get out of the alley. He stepped on the pedal as hard as he could to guide the bike forward. His shoe slipped off the pedal and skinned his shin up decently. "Fuck! Ow!" he grunted and recovered, pushing the bike back up to speed.

The man in the suit leaned lazily against the wall of the alley. "I suspected that might happen. No problem. I've got this," he said, moving his jacket to reveal a gun in a holster. "In the car, boys, we'll track him down."

Earlier that day​

Anya sighed as she walked out of the office, she threw on her sunglasses as she quickly rushed across the street till her car. Pressing the button she opened the door and lowered herself into the Mercedes Benz, throwing her handbag onto the passengers seat she pulled away from the footpath and headed towards the store, not spotting the blacked out car that followed her closely. As she got stuck in traffic, she tapped her well manicured fingers against the steering wheel, softly humming a tune to herself. She wasn't looking forward to attending her mother's party, no doubt the woman would throw at least two eligible men her way, all in hope of her finally settling down.

Eventually she pulled the car into the car park. She paid no attention as the same car from before pulled up next to her. Her black stilleto made contact with the pavement as she got out of her car, her sunglasses still covering her dark brown eyes. "Anya Renaldi?" She had been placing her keys into her bag when she heard the voice of an older gentleman. "Yes?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she took in his appearance. He was wearing dark sunglasses and what appeared to be an ear piece, he was also dressed in a dark black suite. "You need to come with us" He said as two men came up behind him. She gulped, having no idea what was going on. She forced her fear to the back of her mind before she spoke, thinking of what her mother would have done in that situation. "May I ask why?" She asked, taking her sunglasses off to look at the man when she felt someone come up behind her.

And then everything went dark.​

She groaned as she woke up, her hand touched what felt like grass. Pushing herself up she opened her eyes but failed to see anything. She panicked for a moment before she felt something covering her eyes, a simply blindfold. With skilled hands she undid the knot at the back and took the mask from her face. Standing up she looked around what appeared to be a jungle area. Great, she was not at all in the right footwear. She looked down at her black heels, taking a deep breath she began to walk. "Hello! Is anyone there!" She called, her eyes looked up at the sky, she could hardly make it out through the trees that went higher in the sky than any skyscraper she had ever seen. Ignoring the pain in her head she headed through the jungle, she heard someone shouting 'Hello? Anyone here?'

Moving towards the noise she spoke again. "Hello?" She called, it sound like a man, or at least that was what she thought. "Is someone there?" She continued walking in the direction of the noise.

Cars honked as Matt swerved his bike recklessly through traffic, trying desperately to lose the black Mercedes that contained the men in the suits.

Never trust a man in a suit.

He jumped the bike over a curb, nearly taking out a gaggle of teenagers. As Matt flew by he snagged a beanie off of one of the kids’ heads. “Sorry, mate! You get into my next gig free, orright?” he called over his shoulder as he tugged the hat lopsidedly over his red hair.

The red hair, a bold representation of his desire to stand out, clashed terribly with his involvement in the Resistance, and subsequently, his frequent need to blend in. Or, that being said, situations such as the one he was in now.

Which may or may not be in correlation with the Resistance anyway, so the point is moot.

He steered the bike around a corner and found himself in a quiet park. At least he could go faster here and he pushed the pedals until his legs burned from the exertion. He’d only just passed the central fountain when he felt something sharp pierce his shoulder. Stunned, he let the bike swerve out of control and almost nearly toppled from it before he steeled himself and tried to push on. The trouble was his legs were starting to feel heavy and sluggish, and the path before him was tilting oddly to the side. Matt tipped his head to compensate for the tilting but in doing so, threw his balance off. He became one with the bike in a tangled heap on the ground, not entirely sure how he’d gotten there when he’d been moving and upright only a moment before. He felt drunk.

Rough hands jostled Matt from the ground and dragged him into a cool dark place. It took him a few moments to realize he was inside a car and he gazed around blearily, trying to remember exactly why it was that he was trying to avoid a car.

“Hello, Mr. Bellamy,” a man in a suit said. His voice was smooth, like a rich chocolate. Or the finish on his piano. Matt squinted toward the voice. Realization came slowly and he pointed lazily at the man. “Heeeyy… i know you… yoouur that guy. Wiith the sh-sh- suit,” he slurred, trying to sit up. “Wait! Heey- wait- wait- you can’t doo thiss. People know whoo I amm. Th’ll knoww I’m misssing!”

The man sneered. “Cute.”

Matt blinked. Everything was swimming in front of him and he couldn’t make any of his thoughts connect the way they were supposed to. Somehow he knew he had to fight this drowsiness or whatever it was, but he was finding it to be a losing battle. The man’s face blurred completely and with the last ounce of strength he had Matt declared, “I knew you were an alien.”

One of the men laughed nervously. “What…? He’s strange…”

The man in the suit lifted one of Matt’s eyelids to make sure he was unconscious. “Completely off the wall,” he said as he plucked the tranquilizer dart from Matt’s shoulder. “But he still knows too much and he’s in an influential position you can be sure he’d utilize. We have to keep him quiet. What better way than to make him a subject?” He eyed Matt’s small, limp body, giving it a rough prod. “I’m not sure it’s necessary but tie him up anyway, just to be safe.”

Meghan smiled standing up. "Have you noticed anything strange about your body yet?" she asked randomly to subject J.
"I've been having this skin problem." she said holding out her hand as it went scaly.

The jungle was dense and after only a few moments Kim lost every ounce of energy she thought he had when she awoke. Her legs quivered and the rest of her body moved quite sluggishly. Kim groaned. She was tired, hungry, alone and on the verge of quitting. She decided to rest by a nearby tree and close her eyes. "Just a couple of minutes.. I'll only sleep for a little and then I'll be good as new" She convinced herself as her eyelids shut lightly. Even uner the shade of the tree it was humid hair and Kim's shirt was beginning to stick to her skin. She swore that she could hear another person calling out in the distance. "This place... Must be getting to me." She whispered and shrugged the thought off as she tried to rest.

"Why should-" Jayden jumped back at the sight of her reptilian skin, "Holy!!!" whet the hell had they done to her? More importantly was that going to happen to him, he quickly checked his body for and scales when he found none he looked back at the girl. "Um no I don't think anything like that has happened to me, what the heck is wrong with you?" he didn't mean to be so blunt but he could barely grasp the idea of someone having scales.

When Eve woke, she was still in the house she had made from the tree. She was stiff from being curled on the floor for several hours. Today she would create the furniter. She explorded the general setting of her house, getting an idea of what she wanted and how she wanted it. It was strange yet pleasing that she could now have this ability. Whatever it was exactly. She experimentally tapped on the wood. It was strong and hard and bruised her knuckle, but she didn't mind. As she stood on the first floor of her house, she wondered how she had done what she did to create the house in the first place. How had she done it? Could she do it again? She knelt down and touched her hand to the wood floor of her house, and pictured a chair firmly in her mind, gathering her energy and the will for it to be made. Suddenly the floor shifted like liquid wood and she watched with wide eyes as the chair she had pictured came to life.

Matt found himself face down in the sand. He’d been laying there for the better part of an hour trying to gather his wits about him. His body felt sluggish, but worse- his thoughts were sluggish. Nothing quite rocked his self-assurance more than his inability to think sharply.

This is why drugs are bad, kids.

He felt nauseous from whatever it was they’d given him and after mustering the strength to get to his hands and knees, he emptied the contents of his mostly empty stomach into the warm sand.

Ugh. Time to get out of here or I’m going to end up with my face in that.

Matt stood, wrinkled his nose, and sluggishly kicked sand over his bile.

Why was he outside on the sand?

He squinted up at the sky trying to remember. It came back to him in a rush: The car. The man in the suit. The MK Ultra-like experiment he and a few other conspiracy theorists had suspected. The band. The album.

“Fuck!” he shouted at the top of his lungs. “Bastards!”

Matt flailed his arms and jumped around in a fit of frustration, shouting at nothing in particular and picking up stones and sea shells, throwing them violently in a desperate need to destroy something. After a good few minutes of this, he stood, chest heaving, trying to think rationally.

Call Dom.

He shoved his hands recklessly into his pocket, pulling out a crumpled piece of foil, a nearly empty wallet, Dom’s lighter and the small notebook and pen Dom had given him for Christmas before he found the rarely used phone at the very bottom. He dialed Dom’s number from memory and waited. Silence. It wasn’t even ringing. He pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at it. No signal. Of course. Why would there be signal here?

“Stupid, useless, wothless piece of junk!”
Matt shouted at the phone. At least he’d found something worth destroying and he threw the phone to the ground, stomping his foot against the electronic that only ground into the sand.

“Argh!”

Matt picked up the phone and stalked off to find more solid ground. Upon finding a boulder, he threw the phone into the stone with all his might. Picked it up again and threw it again. He didn’t stop until the phone was in five pieces and still it was too recognizable as what used to be a phone. He scooped up the pieces of the phone and set them on top of the boulder before climbing the rock himself. He slammed his foot into the remains of the phone and ground it to little pieces. Finally, satisfied with his destruction, he nodded. He always felt better if he could take his anger out on objects. Preferably guitars. But that was clearly not an option today.

He stood on the rock, admiring his shattered phone and rubbed the back of his neck in thought. He gasped.

“Shit, I’m getting a sunburn!”

And with that, he trotted off into the jungle to seek protection in the shade.

[sorry for the double post. I just think this thread has so much potential and there hasn't been much interaction happening so just getting a bit of interaction rolling.]

Matt traipsed through the thick undergrowth of the jungle. He was not cut out for this type of thing.

There are probably creatures out here… He shuddered. This seems like the place where I might find some bananas to eat though. Bananas are delicious~

He pushed aside a clump of vines and tried to maneuver through them. The attempt failed miserably as his legs managed to get tangled in the vines. He came crashing to the floor of the forest with an ungraceful thud, sending a bevy of insects flying and scurrying away from the area where he’d disturbed their peaceful homes. He let out a girlish squeal at the sight of all the insects and scrambled hastily to his feet, shuddering violently.

What sort of place is this? Ugh. Brrr. Bugs.

He looked around himself but stopped when he spotted a pair of small feet. He tilted his head and stepped closer. They were the feet of a child and he felt his stomach twist at the thought that they would involve a kid in this nasty experiment. He ducked his head and peaked under the low hanging branch that blocked his view.

“You’re a bunch of bastards,” he muttered. “And I hope you can hear me. Cos I know you’re watching.”

He cautiously approached the girl resting against the tree.

“Hey, kid? You alright?”
“Something has to be done about that one, Lindale. We are trying to conduct a study here. If he hijacks this whole thing he’s removing the biggest control we’ve got on the experiment and we’ll lose our only chance to do this. The results will be laughable. Why couldn’t you have just imprisoned him and been done with it?”

“He is imprisoned, Professor, in the most unlikely place that anyone will look. Surely you understand the necessity of making sure no one finds him.”

“I understand perfectly well, Lindale. But he knows too much. This is supposed to be a double blind study and if he’s running around blabbing to the subjects about how they need to rise up against the government and refuse to be guinea pigs the whole thing will be a joke. I suggest you find a way to keep him quiet or I’ll make sure there’s a tragic ‘accident.’”

“Professor! Are you planning to interfere with the experiment? Don’t be nullifying the results now.”

“Don’t mock me, Colonel. This is about eliminating a flaw in the study, not interference.”

“That’s a shame. I quite like the fellow, as strange as he is. I’m an alien, according to him, isn’t that precious? What do you suggest we do? Surely you’ve got a subject with the ability to tamper with memories.”

“You’re infuriating. This is a double blind study, Colonel, we know as much as the subjects know about what their powers are going to be. It reacts differently with everyone’s DNA. We don’t even know what his ability is yet, much less if there’s someone even capable of removing his memories! Do what you have to do, Colonel. Cut out his tongue. I don’t know. Just make sure he stays quiet.”

“Cut out his tongue! Are we in the middle ages, Professor? Don’t make me laugh. Besides, that wouldn’t work. He’d have his tongue back as soon as you can say ‘Lickity Split’, pun intended.”

“How do you know that?”

“I have eyes, Professor. As soon as we stuck that syringe in him the scrape on his leg healed up. My guess is he’s somehow able to heal himself. And I don’t think he’s figured it out yet. Besides, don’t forget you’ve got one of your own who knows just as much as he does.”

“Congratulations. You’ve out observed me, Lindale. As for Meghan, there’s collateral. She won’t talk. If she does we’ll take away her degree. I’m not worried.”

“Sarcasm, Professor, sarcasm. Establishing collateral won’t work on Bellamy. He just doesn’t give a rat’s ass. That drug we used on him seemed to dumb him down quite a bit. Why don’t we just give him a low dose of that?”

“I do despise being required to work with you, Colonel, just for the record. I’ll get the drug mixed up. You can do the dirty work of administering it.”

“Cheers, Professor.”

Meghan laughed softly. "I over heard a couple suits while sitting in that lab that each subject was going to develop a different power basically. I oddly feel like Mystic." Meghan said with a chuckle, "Forgive me... dork." She began laughing whole heartedly when she started changing her skin and hair color rapidly.
"What were you doing when they caught you?" she asked grabbing his hand suddenly pulling him towards the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.