newcreate.php

tumblr_mtrkgwIelR1qg22hlo1_1280.jpg

Name:
Pierce Winters

Restaurant Waiter

Sexuality:
Homosexual
Demi-homoromantic
(Further explanation: Pierce is more than happy to have casual sex with a random guy, but sex is just sex and it's more to relieve stress for him than it is for his own enjoyment, plus it may or may not be apart of his persona. In reality, Pierce is very much the kind of guy who has to really know an individual, really bond with him to even think about starting a relationship and enjoying everything it has to offer, especially the raunchier aspects of it. There have literally been two instances in his life where he's been in a committed relationship and both instances he's known the person for most of his life, though in both he's kind of had his heart broken and not in a the clean and simple way.

People often mistake all of this for failing to understand what it means to be in a committed relationship and he's really not one to correct them on it)

Job Role within group:
Transportation Systems Lead

Personality:
No one more enigmatic and mysterious as he, Pierce is a man of many facades and is all about 'smoke and mirrors'. Always hiding behind a cocky, surefire persona is the best way to get through to people that he means business in the most ironic way. It shows that he's confident, thinks on his toes, and everyone loves the witty, joke-crackin' guy 'cause what's not to adore? People think he's carefree and charismatic and, even if that's not necessarily a lie, he lets them believe every bit of it. Everything he wants to hide is too monumental for ordinary people to understand and it's really only his business anyways.

Of course, none of this is to say that Pierce isn't a bag of sass and good comebacks. Just because part of him are attached to what he shows people doesn't mean that invalidates the person that he actually is. Of course, Pierce isn't really a confident individual and he's anything but charismatic. There's a bundle of nerves under that hotshot facade just waiting to burst into a panic attack. He's got a lot of fears socially and often puts other people's opinion of himself higher than his own and those he's close to. Strangers obviously have a better perception of him than he does. Of course, sarcasm aside, he honestly doesn't think highly of himself and he doesn't want people to know that. Much less, Pierce would rather not let everyone know just how much their opinions and critique cut deep and hurt. He's not about that and he honestly wishes that statement were true.

Aside from this, Pierce is unbelievably intelligent for being stuck in a dead end job and for being a high school drop out. There are plenty of things he'd rather be doing, but he does them on his own terms and using his own time. He likes to be optimistic, though, in spite of his social anxieties and is often looking at tasks with an open mind and his eyes on the horizon. Even lacking any real confidence, Pierce goes his above and beyond at most tasks he's handed, provided he even wants to do them in the first place. There's a real sense of accomplishment when someone gives him praise or compliments; however, that's few and far between. Having a cocky, devil-may-care attitude as a mask tends to have it's ramifications; it's a double edged sword, if anything. In other words, not many people give him any sort of fuel to boost his ego, not realizing how small that ego actual is. Though, even knowing this, it only ever drives Pierce harder and further just to fulfill that goal, to reach a height worthy of praise since people don't think he's quite gotten there yet.

People like him; he likes people; he doesn't like himself.

Skills:
Mechanical Engineering
Physics based Calculus (among other Mathematics)
Hardware and Software Programming (more so Hardware)
Is Fluent in Binary!
Data Mining
Is excellent at causing distractions through hacks and virus implementation. Setting of chains of red herrings to keep others busy

Anything else we should know:
There's no where Pierce won't go without his trustworthy ferret, Jonny Snow. He was the runt of the litter, so he's kinda small to begin with and has the mental capacity of a goldfish. In other words, he's not that smart and usually stays put in Pierce's satchel.

When not working, Pierce either pours his time into exercising or sitting on his ass watching one of his various favorite shows. He participates heavily in various fandoms over the internet and is sometimes very heated in his debates, especially over her *cough*fanfiction*cough*.

He's great! I'll add him in now! What is his online name, Sixsmith?

Now, I'll get the IC up this evening!

So, this is the basic outlay of the basement they work in - A birds eye view

- I gave Pharaoh her own sort of, desk instead of being on the long line of computers because she has more space for practical activities @Lepixi

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Valentyne
@Axy Cool! Tag me when you post the IC link- I'm not getting alerts for some reason.

Are we getting another post from Jolt before the night's out? Also, small edit to my character sheet, a cookie for anyone who notices it :P

@Axy

I was hoping to keep things in a general posting order - So if we get a post of Nico and Sixsmith, I'll try to!

Obviously I'm not going to like, monitor the posting order, so if they don't reply in the next day or so, I'll get another post up, we can keep this rp chill!

I'll try to get a post in somewhere today but I'm having a bit of a writer's block at the moment ^^"

Reactions: King
I do apologize that that intro is rather lengthy. My intros usually are.

Regardless, I took a few liberties without overstepping any boundaries in concerns regarding Sixsmith's relationship with the others. If there's anything that sounds wrong or off or you just don't like how I worded it, I have no qualms with editing and fixing what it is you don't like. :3 I'd rather you all like me than think of me as a stubborn git or worse.

I'm not even English; I shouldn't have buried my face in English insults for a good hour. >_> Er...

I do apologize that that intro is rather lengthy. My intros usually are.

Regardless, I took a few liberties without overstepping any boundaries in concerns regarding Sixsmith's relationship with the others. If there's anything that sounds wrong or off or you just don't like how I worded it, I have no qualms with editing and fixing what it is you don't like. :3 I'd rather you all like me than think of me as a stubborn git or worse.

I'm not even English; I shouldn't have buried my face in English insults for a good hour. >_> Er...
I'm going to have to borrow the phrase 'Strictly dickly' Omfg.

Your english is spot on dude, really well!

Reactions: Valentyne
I'm going to have to borrow the phrase 'Strictly dickly' Omfg.

Your english is spot on dude, really well!
Oh, you misinterpret, I'm American and it's my first language, I'm just not U.K. English. I failed to make that clear and I thought to myself before I posted, "Everyone's going to misunderstand," but that was the extent of it. In other words, I lack common sense and the ability to communicate thoughts properly. ;_;

But, I am currently drowning myself in Brit slang, for all intents and purposes, because I enjoy senseless research and I like to be accurate, in those regards.

'Strickly dickly' is free for everyone to use! But, I'm sure Pierce is going to run the phrase into the ground before it catches on.

I actually made Karen's backstory the way I did so I didn't have to bother with U.K. English- I don't have a problem with it, but it slows down my process a lot to be consciously aware of speech patterns like that.

Right! Well, I feel like I'm the only British folk on this website!

Well, your British English is really well too! Haha.

An FYI for everybody - It is based in liverpool, but you don't all have to have your characters from Liverpool, especially if you don't have them with a scouse accent (Search it, seriously XD) For one, Jolt is of Irish descent - So that is possibly heard in some of his accents!

I love looking up all the regional dialects. Makes me wish I could write with an accent, but that'd be way too much work and too complicated, so it's honestly easier to just write it in written English and just describe their voice. Lol.

If I were ever to give Pierce any accent aside from the Received Pronunciation accent I always have in my mind for British characters, it'd probably be a heavy Geordie accent. Just because I personally love it.

• Love
Several gibberish paragraphs later and I've gotten a post in. Time to disappear into the depths of 'life' again (my fancy way of saying I'll be back in a few ^^").

Sorry for the epic post size and a cookie goes to the characters who get Jolt's N Sync reference hehe.

Boo, I have to work late tonight. ;( Till 11 my time and then I have to wake up at 10 tomorrow. Inadvertently feeling Pierce's paaaain.

But, I'll definitely get a post up tonight for you guys!

• Thank You
I'll get a post up soon if Pierce doesn't get the chance tonight!

It took me forever but I managed to get Jolts post up~~

This appears full, you might want to take down the banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.